Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

here is the plan america voted for

- tax millionaires makiing over 250k on income
- raise taxes on cap gains and divs
- lower exemptions for wealthy
- establish millionaire tax

this is how we will be sharing the burden across America!
Im done guys, have fun with it Libs, welcome to your america.

Obama's opening bid on taxes - Nov. 14, 2012

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Bronko

Actually this is what America voted for.....

Here's Who You Support With Taxes - Video
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko View Post
Not all of America.....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
Piscator

Quote:

Here's Who You Support With Taxes - Video
I bet Duane Brooks Sr. is no better than his offspring Duane Brooks Jr. What a waste of a human being. Landlord and tax payers get screwed once again. I hope that whale can cook, she sure is ugly.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Not all of America.....

Dad, at least we didn't waste money trying to put those dudes through college like we are with Mr. "Opportunity" Brooks.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 11-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
I bet Duane Brooks Sr. is no better than his offspring Duane Brooks Jr. What a waste of a human being. Landlord and tax payers get screwed once again. I hope that whale can cook, she sure is ugly.
Freaking mess we are in. Multiply ole' Brooksie by 50 million.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 11-15-2012, 05:30 AM   #7
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Both videos are equally terrible. The Mississippi video is terrible because someone probably hired by Bill Maher went out to find the poorest red necks they could and crap on em the south will rise again welcone to dellusion land. The judge Judy thing is just typical a girl suing a guy over rent money he was to pay and she never paid the rent to begin with.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:18 AM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
Both videos are equally terrible. The Mississippi video is terrible because someone probably hired by Bill Maher went out to find the poorest red necks they could and crap on em the south will rise again welcone to dellusion land. The judge Judy thing is just typical a girl suing a guy over rent money he was to pay and she never paid the rent to begin with.
They ARE both equally terrible.....I agree. I posted it for just that reason. they're both just a bunch of entertainment based crap

But the judge Judy one is a TV show...to take any meirt from it is just as rediculous as saying that the redneck video represents the people of mississippi. Those people were hired to appear on Judge Judy to look like morons just like the YouTube video was created to make those people look like they represent all those that voted against Obama.

Now maybe we can get back to talking about Obama's Tax plan...which is what this thread was created to do....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #9
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Good stuff!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Now maybe we can get back to talking about Obama's Tax plan...which is what this thread was created to do....
I Googled "Obama's Tax Plan"...just for kicks..

here are the highlights:

President's Deficit Plan Casts a Wide Net For Revenue-WSJ

Obama Claims Mandate On Taxes-NBC News

President Rejects Republican Plan to Close Loopholes-Huffington

Unions Offer Support For President Obama's Tax Plan-NT Times

What Is Obama's Tax Plan?-Forbes

President Obama's Brand New Tax Plan That's A Year old-MotherJones

Obama's Tax Plan Aims At Rich And Small Employers-CNN Money

after what should be his last Press Conference(because his arrogance always gives away who he truly is when he has to answer questions that he'd rather not.... and tyrants don't need press conferences) for a long time....... it's pretty clear that this guy's arrogance is going to lead to very little compromise, when you lie consistently, you tend to get a little prickly when your lies are pointed out and others aren't as accepting of your lies as you assume they should be...the pontificator seems reluctant to hold himself accountable to his own pontifications, the most transparent president and administration ever, refuses to answer simple questions, the man who called for civility in politics is again claiming that a portion of America is being "held hostage"...thought we were suposed to refrain from these sorts of characterizations...this "tough guy" sent women out to lie for him and his administration and hid behind Candy Crowley's skirt in a debate but puffs his chest out yesterday as though he's ready to take the criticism and protect the girls from questions or criticism from mean sexist republicans...it would be laughable if it weren't so disgraceful....this man is shameless and apparently quite angry about something, you'd think he and his cult would be pretty excited and happy about 4 more years....4 more years of race baiting, class warfare, lying, deception, division, incompetence and expansion of a behemoth federal bureaucracy, further erosion of America's foundation, calling on constituency groups to vote for "revenge and to punish their enemies"......all the stuff that these people live for I guess...but hey...you might be entitled to some free stuff so stay tuned

I think the massive spending(I can't say budget because we've chosen not to have federal budgets)...is serving as the baseline going foreward....think about that???????

those people in the videos aren't doing anything that this President hasn't done or supported in some shape or manner, the important difference being that they have little authority to use the Federal Government against you....guess that makes it ok for both reasons

I'd just like to see this guy be Presidential for once, even a little, he's always looking to inflame and divide and this country will never be united with him at the top, it has less to do with his race or religion or leanings ultimately, it's a result of his background and beliefs that the way to achieve a means is to inflame and divide...sad

"a successful organizer should be “an abrasive agent to rub raw the resentments of the people of the community; to fan latent hostilities of many of the people to the point of overt expressions.” Once such hostilities were “whipped up to a fighting pitch,” the organizer steered his group toward confrontation, in the form of picketing, demonstrating, and general hell-raising. At first, the organizer tackled small stuff, like demanding the repair of streetlights in a city park; later, when the group gained confidence, the organizer could take on bigger targets. But at all times, the organizer’s goal was not to lead his people anywhere, but to encourage them to take action on their own behalf."

Last edited by scottw; 11-15-2012 at 08:25 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
after what should be his last Press Conference(because his arrogance always gives away who he truly is when he has to answer questions that he'd rather not) for a long time....... it's pretty clear that this guy's arrogance is going to lead to very little compromise, when you lie consistently, you tend to get a little prickly when your lies are pointed out and others aren't as accepting of your lies as you assume they should be...the pontificator seems reluctant to hold himself accountable to his own pontifications, the most transparent president and administration ever, refuses to answer simple questions, the man who called for civility in politics is again claiming that a portion of America is being "held hostage"...thought we were suposed to refrain from these sorts of characterizations...this "tough guy" sent women out to lie for him and his administration and hid behind Candy Crowley's skirt in a debate but puffs his chest out yesterday as though he's ready to take the criticism and protect the girls from questions or criticism from mean sexist republicans...it would be laughable if it weren't so disgraceful....this man is shameless and apparently quite angry about something, you'd think he and his cult would be pretty excited and happy about 4 more years....4 more years of race baiting, class warfare, lying, deception, division, incompetence and expansion of a behemoth federal bureaucracy, further erosion of America's foundation, calling on constituency groups to vote for "revenge and to punish their enemies"......all the stuff that these people live for I guess...but hey...you might be entitled to some free stuff so stay tuned

I think the massive spending(I can't say budget because we've chosen not to have federal budgets)...is serving as the baseline going foreward....think about that???????

those people in the videos aren't doing anything that this President hasn't done or supported in some shape or manner, the important difference being that they have little authority to use the Federal Government against you....guess that makes it ok for both reasons
Great post. That press conference was disgraceful, all of a sudden Obama think he's Charles Bronson (you got a problem with her, then you got a problem with ME) because some Republicans, predicatbly, don't think Susan Rice is fit to be SecState.

By Obama's standards, Rice is clearly fit to be SecState. The current SecState is Hilary Clinton, who once claimed that on a trip overseas she had to DIVE! into the Humvees because of sniper fire!! Video showed that to be a complete lie. So if that doesn't preclude Hilary from being SecState, Rice's idiotic comments bout the youtube video shouldn't preclude her.

Obama simply cannot show any class towards anyone who disagrees with him on anything. "Prickly" is the perfect word. He's thinned-skinned and prickly. Obama singled out Senator Graham, who was one of the few Republicans who voted to confirm the bigot Sotomayor to the Supreme Court (bigot because she said Latino judges are superior to Caucasian judges, just because they are Latino). Graham is not a hard-liner, he's as moderate as it gets. But Obama's arrogance will not, can not, tolerate any dissent from anyone, on anything.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #12
scottw

if he were presidential he'd dismiss the criticisms that have no merit instead relying on truth, he'd confront legitimate criticisms and do so in an adult way...he's not capable, he uses meritless criticisms to inflame and create division and dismisses legitimate criticism and often, even worse, attacks those with legitimate criticism or questions
Old 11-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #13
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I hate to say this, but nothing the Missippi folks said bothers me at all. They;re not inringing on my rights, not asking for my money and are exercising their constiutional right for religion and arms. I cant fualt people fro being dumb or racist. Thise racists will never be in a position to hire or significantly impact the outcome of any minoritys life. Their beliefs are irrelevant to the future of this country.
One guy says "we'd rather go broke than give up our moral beliefs" . Our own PaulS says he doesnt vote based on economic/finaicial polices, he votes on social polices, is that any different?
Those people in Mississipi and I can coexist living life the way we want to. they dont take from me and I dont take from them. The lib video- they want to take away from me, they want me to change my life.
Which one is worse?

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #14
Piscator

Obamas Tax plan should be on Judge Judy, that's how much of a joke it is........
Old 11-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #15
Bronko

Quote:
Obamas Tax plan should be on Judge Judy, that's how much of a joke it is........
You git that right Dennis.

Heard the Squire was fun!

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Obama's attitude in that press conference really sets a nice, inclusive, cooperative tone for the next 4 years.

How many more days? Are we on the countdown to 2016 yet?
Old 11-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #17
Piscator

Quote:
You git that right Dennis.

Heard the Squire was fun!
Ha ha, at least I don’t have to go to confession.........

Old 11-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #18
striperman36
Old Guy

TFCTN at Squires
Old 11-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #19
FishermanTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Obama's attitude in that press conference really sets a nice, inclusive, cooperative tone for the next 4 years.

How many more days? Are we on the countdown to 2016 yet?
That's providing we all make it that far!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #20
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperman36 View Post
TFCTN at Squires
That has my vote!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #21
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
That has my vote!
Road trip!!'
Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #22
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperman36 View Post
Road trip!!'
In