Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You can keep your doctor that's republicans favorite Obama lie

Yet millions never lost their doctors true some did .... but now they play verbal gymnastics, when it comes to Trump lies they even have changed the definition of lie

He has no equal in the lies department.. he is the undisputed champion
And if Obama said "most of you can keep your doctor or your plan", that would be the end o fit. Obamacare was sold as a plan where we could keep our doctor, and where the average family would save $2500 a year. But it's wrong (and probably racist) for conservatives to bring that up.

We're playing "verbal gymnasitics" when we claim that Obamacare fell short. Incredible.

liberal=good, conservative=bad, always, zero exceptions.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And if Obama said "most of you can keep your doctor or your plan", that would be the end o fit. Obamacare was sold as a plan where we could keep our doctor, and where the average family would save $2500 a year. But it's wrong (and probably racist) for conservatives to bring that up.

We're playing "verbal gymnasitics" when we claim that Obamacare fell short. Incredible.

It a lie, only if he knew when he said it

falling short is just that falling short a lie is as you said ^^^ above

So it's easy is Trump a liar or not it's not hard based on actual things he has said and fact checked

However Trump and the Republicans have done an outstanding job attacking facts and the enemy of the people the press . Or any information that shows the in a negtive light funny way to .MAGA
Old 12-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
It a lie, only if he knew when he said it

falling short is just that falling short a lie is as you said ^^^ above

So it's easy is Trump a liar or not it's not hard based on actual things he has said and fact checked

However Trump and the Republicans have done an outstanding job attacking facts and the enemy of the people the press . Or any information that shows the in a negtive light funny way to .MAGA
"falling short is just that falling short a lie is as you said ^^^ above "

Agreed, I don't think I said Obama lied. He was very, very wrong about what he said the impacts of Obamacare would be. He was also very, very wrong about the benefits of his stimulus (he said it would keep unemployment below 8%, instead it went over 10%).

I don't think he intentionally lied. I just think he's wrong a lot.

"So it's easy is Trump a liar or not it's not "

You/re right, it's easy. Yes, Trump is a liar. That doesn't mean he lied about the wall, unless you are saying that Trump is incapable of telling the truth. Trump doesn't lie every time he moves his mouth. We don't know if he actually thought he could get Mexico to pay for the wall. How could you possibly know, that he didn't actually believe it when he said it?

"However Trump and the Republicans have done an outstanding job attacking facts "

I can easily go tit for tat with you, telling you all the times that liberals explicitly lied for political gain. And if honesty was so important, why did your side nominate someone who said she came under sniper fire in Bosnia or wherever?

"enemy of the people the press "

If the press is deliberately slanting reporting to serve a political agenda, I agree with Trump. They aren't a lethal, mortal enemy like ISIS, but they are an enemy. Capable of doing massive damage. The press, in my opinion, has betrayed the trust we give them, betrayed the constitutional protections they enjoy. And not just the liberal press, some at Fox are just as guilty. Almost none are honest.

"Or any information that shows the in a negtive light "

Not me. I can easily admit when he's being an azz.

Sorry for being guilty of whaboutism again, but I posted video of Obama blaming Republicans for preventing him from doing immigration reform, when democrats controlled both chambers of Congress. But you are OK with that, because you don't like Republicans. It only bothers you when Republicans do the same thing.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:50 PM   #4
Nebe

Quote:

Again with the BUT OBAMA!!!!

So juvenile.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-12-2018, 05:07 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Again with the BUT OBAMA!!!!

So juvenile.
In which pointing out naked hypocrisy, is juvenile.

I'm just hoping for some consistency, that's all.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:17 PM   #6
Nebe

Quote:
In which pointing out naked hypocrisy, is juvenile.

I'm just hoping for some consistency, that's all.
Imagine you have 2 kids. You point out something one kid did wrong and he says while pointing at his sibling. “ but he did it too!!!”

That is juvenile.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Imagine you have 2 kids. You point out something one kid did wrong and he says while pointing at his sibling. “ but he did it too!!!”

That is juvenile.
No. Your analogy is flawed, like almost everything you post.

If I choose not to punish one kid for hitting his brother, but I punish the other kid for hitting his brother back, then I'm guilty of hypocrisy and I deserve to be criticized for it.

I am not pointing to Obama to excuse Trump's behavior, I cannot possibly fathom how you could think that. I point to it, because you and your fellow liberal ilk said nothing when Obama did some of these same exact things, but you go berserk when Trump does it.

Let me go very slow for you. I am not pointing to Obama, to excuse Trump's behavior. I point to Obama, to show clearly that your side gave him a pass for doing some of the same exact things, for which you attack Trump. Is that going too fast for you?

It's not me being juvenile. It's you not following a point that my 12 year-old would get.