Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 03-26-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
Gunpowder
Fish Hound

Send a message via ICQ to Gunpowder Send a message via AIM to Gunpowder
Sell me a boat

Was going to purchase a boat in FL, but did some research on it and the engine was blown.... good thing I did not buy that one Well I am still looking. I am looking to spend under $12,000. I know this limits my options, but I figured I would ask here first and see if anyone had any leads. Looking for a CC and a decent engine (aka not blown and post 2000 hopefully). Want something in the 22-24 foot range. Have an Alumacraft 16' that I could throw in if traded + some cash. Thanks for the help.

And btw, thanks to all the guys that sent me magazines (all the preety boats got to me )

Mike

Last edited by Gunpowder; 03-27-2008 at 12:12 AM..

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.....pursue those."
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
zimmy

my buddy is looking to sell a 25' luhrs and I've been meaning to post for him. Hull is from 1969 or around there (I can check). Not a center console, Engine is relatively recent, I think the last 7 years or so, but I would have to verify(couple hundred hours I think). Has a good trailer. It is a nice boat to fish out of, but life is making it so he has to sell. I think he is looking for $5000, but he is gonna have to sell it. If you want more info let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boat (Small).JPG
Views:	202
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	26530  

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
fishbones

Mike, check craigslist. Lot's of boats going up for sale with the price of gas skyrocketing. And if you buy local, you can have it surveyed easy enough. Depending on how far you want to go from your home port, you would probably be fine in a 20' cc. There seems to be a pretty big difference in price between 20 and 22'.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
moosh
And the search goes on

I saw a 21 foot mako with an older 150 evinrude how old I dont know it was up on blocks so probably no trailer, the price caught my eye it was $ 8500.00 it looked in good shape , i would think you could get them down a little , I would like it but things are tight , it was on the cape cod Orleans ,If youre interested ill see if its still there , moosh
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
stripermagnet

your probably better off holding off until you have more to spend i duno how much quality you can buy for that much especially a boat over 20ft long
stripermagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #6
bobber

check the sites online- you can search by price/features very easily. you should get something helf-way decent for that kinda dough....
bobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #7
stripermagnet

boats.com is always a option again id hold off if you can wait but thats just me
Old 03-28-2008, 08:08 AM   #8
Gunpowder
Fish Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripermagnet View Post
your probably better off holding off until you have more to spend i duno how much quality you can buy for that much especially a boat over 20ft long
with this market.... you can find some good stuff cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosh View Post
I saw a 21 foot mako with an older 150 evinrude how old I dont know it was up on blocks so probably no trailer, the price caught my eye it was $ 8500.00 it looked in good shape , i would think you could get them down a little , I would like it but things are tight , it was on the cape cod Orleans ,If youre interested ill see if its still there , moosh
would love to know if it is still around and if you have pics of it somehow. thanks,

mike

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.....pursue those."
Old 03-28-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
keeperreaper
Spot Preserver

Wait another year to get a boat. With the gas prices skyrocketing and the economy in the toilet many many people are going to be offloading their boats for pennies on the dollar in the next 12 months. Then you can steal one LEGALLY.

Make America Great Again.
keeperreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:58 PM   #10
Mr. Sandman

Buy the boat with the blown motor on the cheap (talk him down) and replace it with a new(er) motor with a warrenty....now you know what you have.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #11
stripermagnet

i have a 16' whaler cc im looking to sell for the right price. im holding out for around 22k though
Old 03-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #12
Gunpowder
Fish Hound

Thanks for all the advice. I may have to wait one more year but was just open to leads if the price was right.... I also would have to sell my Alumacraft, but I dont think that would be a problem. Moosh, PM sent as well.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:40 PM   #13
Gunpowder
Fish Hound

Just wondering, have some boats been able to switch over to biodiesel?