Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-25-2016, 03:15 PM   #151
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
What a concession. We have a 2-term black President.
Half-Black.......must have been his White Privilege that got him elected.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-25-2016, 03:17 PM   #152
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
She's doing it for votes....Period. If she gets elected what exactly can she do to fix white privilege? nothing...that's what. Because its a BS fantasy that doesn't exist.

And stop with the BS of a black man having to claw his way harder than a white man......there is ALWAYS going to be people in this world who have it easier than someone else....regardless of the color of their skin....that's called life.

There are black kids from rich black families going to top tier schools and white kids from poor white families going to community college.....is that Black Privilege we are seeing? No....just an example of somebody having it better than somebody else....that's all.

I'm getting tired, as a White Heterosexual Male, of always being made out like I'm the root cause of everybody's problems.

Do good in school, stay out of trouble, work hard, and continue to strive....and guess what, good things will start to happen.....notice that all of those things have absolutely nothing to do with the color of anybody's skin.
"She's doing it for votes....Period"

Obviously. if she believed one syllable of that crap she's peddling, she would have allowed Obama to be the nominee in 2008, unchallenged. But boy, did she fight him for that. I'm supposed to believe that she's wracked with white guilt?

"And stop with the BS of a black man having to claw his way harder than a white man"

Spence and Nebe, do you think that a wealthy black man has it harder than a poor white man? if not, then it's not about race.

"I'm getting tired, as a White Heterosexual Male, of always being made out like I'm the root cause of everybody's problems"

So are a lot of us. Which is exactly why Trump got 46% of the vote in Nevada.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:21 PM   #153
Jim in CT

Quote:

Do good in school, stay out of trouble, work hard, and continue to strive....and guess what, good things will start to happen.....notice that all of those things have absolutely nothing to do with the color of anybody's skin.
Bingo.

But that message, doesn't allow a political candidate to cobble together a large voting block.

I want to be a "life coach" someday. Every person who comes to see me, will get the same answer..."if you want to know what the problem is, look in the mirror. If you want to know what the solution is, look in the Bible. That will be $250, cash or card, tell your friends. Next!"

As my Dad always says, "the only place where success comes before work, is in the dictionary." That notion applies, regardless of race.

You have there, a 4-point plan, 14 words in all, that are a blueprint for a self-sufficient life. And it works equally well across ethnicities. The problem is that the black culture, is being incentivized by liberal policies, to embrace a different philosophy. And if you look atthe evidence staring us in the face (what has happened in our cities for 50 years), it could not be more clear that the liberal approach has been a disaster. Yet every November, they regurgitate the same failing and short-sighted promises.

I wonder if it's intentional (do liberals secretly desire to keep placks down), or are they really too stupid to admit that their policies just don't work. Just how much damage does liberal ideology have to do to these people, before liberals conclude that it's bad policy?

Until the day I die, I will wonder if it's intentional on their part, because no one can be that clueles and aloof.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-25-2016 at 03:27 PM..
Old 02-25-2016, 03:46 PM   #154
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Get arrested with 5 ounces of weed and see what happens if you are white or black. Look at the prison population... Mostly black. Look at the water situation in flint Michigan. It's a mostly black town.. I would imagine if that was a mostly white town the water situation would have been fixed.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Wait, you're telling me that the War on Drugs has had a disproportionate impact by race????

I guess I should have known this from the multitude of studies on the issue showing disproportionate ratio of drug use to incarceration.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:53 PM   #155
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

What do the charts say about the disproportionate amount of blacks/Whites who are incarcerated because they didn't break the law. and stayed out of trouble

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-25-2016, 03:54 PM   #156
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Wait, you're telling me that the War on Drugs has had a disproportionate impact by race????

I guess I should have known this from the multitude of studies on the issue showing disproportionate ratio of drug use to incarceration.
"Wait, you're telling me that the War on Drugs has had a disproportionate impact by race????"

And the war waged on us by drug dealers, has also disproportionately impacted the black community, has it not? Go tell the people who live in Chicago, that the enemy in the war on drugs, are the white cops.

"disproportionate ratio of drug use to incarceration"

That needs to get looked at. Until then, I know a good way for blacks to avoid getting disportionate sentences for drug use...don't do drugs. How about that?

Still waiting for you to explain why Clinton has any standing to discuss this, when she did everyuthing in her power, to deny a black man (Obama) from the job he so wanted. Please explain? I'm all a-twitter...
Old 02-25-2016, 04:04 PM   #157
spence

Quote:
Still waiting for you to explain why Clinton has any standing to discuss this, when she did everyuthing in her power, to deny a black man (Obama) from the job he so wanted. Please explain? I'm all a-twitter...
So a respect for other viewpoints equates to total capitulation? That doesn't make any sense.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:08 PM   #158
Jim in CT

Quote:
So a respect for other viewpoints equates to total capitulation? That doesn't make any sense.
Oh, I see. So Hilary just wants us to respect the black viewpoint. And what evidence is there, pray tell, that she has any more respect for the black viewpoint, than Ted Cruz has? Please elaborate!
Old 02-25-2016, 04:19 PM   #159
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Let me put it this way...

I don't NEED to do a #^&#^&#^&#^&ing thing....PERIOD.

I didn't have anything even close to privilege growing up.

So SHE can take her collective WE and stick it up her ass.

I will stay in my little world where the Beer is cold, the jokes are politically incorrect, and I treat people the same regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation......if people want to embrace my philosophy.....they are more than welcome to join me.

Hillary has no place in my world
Here here

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:09 PM   #160
Jim in CT

Quote:
She has also said, many times, that she supports affirmative action. Seems to me that if she meant that, she would have wanted Obama to get the job he wanted in 2008, no?
Old 02-29-2016, 11:38 AM   #161
spence

Quote:
She has also said, many times, that she supports affirmative action. Seems to me that if she meant that, she would have wanted Obama to get the job he wanted in 2008, no?
Yes, that's how affirmative action works. Right.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:27 PM   #162
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yes, that's how affirmative action works. Right.
Apparently you have no idea what it is. If you support affirmative action, that means you buy into the concept that it is right to give, for example, a job to a black man, over a more-qualified white man, in attempt to right an historical wrong. In other words, affirmative action supporters believe we should be prepared to make sacrifices, to accept the fact that we may be passed over when seeking a job.

She claims to support it. Yet she sure didn't show the courage of her convictions, did she? If she isn't prepared to concede a job to ablack person based solely on skin color, where does she get th emoral authority to ask anyone else to do the same?

I await your answer...
Old 03-02-2016, 07:59 AM   #163
spence

Quote:
I await your answer...
You don't really think like this do you.