Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-07-2020, 03:13 PM   #1
Jim in CT

charges dropped against Flynn

end of a railroad job.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:59 PM   #2
wdmso

End of the department of Justice. Glad your happy with our banana republic
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-07-2020, 05:06 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
When the assistant director of the FBI asks if the goal is to get him fired, that doesn't indicate a problem to you? It does to me. And I'm not a trump zombie, like you are an anti trump zombie.

The goal, is supposed to be to find out the truth. We know that the Strzok camp had very strong anti Trump leanings. We know this.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:46 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
When the assistant director of the FBI asks if the goal is to get him fired, that doesn't indicate a problem to you? It does to me. And I'm not a trump zombie, like you are an anti trump zombie.

The goal, is supposed to be to find out the truth. We know that the Strzok camp had very strong anti Trump leanings. We know this.
Your clueless he pleaded guilty ...... Trumps just opened pandora's box 1 more step closer to an authoritarian state and you applaud

Both left and right now seem to believe that the justice department's prosecutorial process has been wholly corrupted and politicised - whether it was through Flynn's prosecution or by his liberation
Old 05-07-2020, 05:55 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your clueless he pleaded guilty ...... Trumps just opened pandora's box 1 more step closer to an authoritarian state and you applaud

Both left and right now seem to believe that the justice department's prosecutorial process has been wholly corrupted and politicised - whether it was through Flynn's prosecution or by his liberation
I know he plead guilty. I'm not clueless about that. They threatened to prosecute his son. Are you clueless about that? You left that part out.

Do you understand, that before the FBI interviewed him for the first time, the assistant director sent a note asking if the goal was to "get him to lie", or to get him fired. A lot of people would say that's a tainted investigation.

There is a big, big difference between trying to find out if he had previously lied, and trying to get him to lie during the investigation..
Old 05-07-2020, 05:57 PM   #6
Sea Dangles

America 1st
Old 05-07-2020, 05:59 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'd also be curious to know, since you stated a real problem with Flynn taking money from foreign countries, why it didn't bother you that Hilary took big money from foreign nations.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:11 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Open Trumps taxes and let’s have fun about who owes who favors.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:53 PM   #9
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
I'd also be curious to know, since you stated a real problem with Flynn taking money from foreign countries, why it didn't bother you that Hilary took big money from foreign nations.
I didn't realize Flynn was running a foundation. Was it a 503b?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-07-2020, 06:59 PM   #10
Sea Dangles

Raise a cold glass of your favorite for Flynn.🍺
A wrong is being righted
Old 05-07-2020, 07:09 PM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
I know he plead guilty. I'm not clueless about that. They threatened to prosecute his son. Are you clueless about that? You left that part out.

Do you understand, that before the FBI interviewed him for the first time, the assistant director sent a note asking if the goal was to "get him to lie", or to get him fired. A lot of people would say that's a tainted investigation.

There is a big, big difference between trying to find out if he had previously lied, and trying to get him to lie during the investigation..
No jim he lied how they got him to lie is irrelevant

If I ask you a question I already know the answer . And ask you directly you have 2 choices admit it or lie .. how am I the dirty party aka FBI ,, the notes you keep bringing up have zero to do with him pleading guilty
Old 05-07-2020, 07:50 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I didn't realize Flynn was running a foundation. Was it a 503b?
And did any of her pals get paid positions on that foundation? Was any of that money from her foundation used to benefit them in any way, travel, meals, etc? Funny how some of the big donors got to see her face to face when she was secstate.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:59 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
No jim he lied how they got him to lie is irrelevant

If I ask you a question I already know the answer . And ask you how am I the dirty party aka FBIdirectly you have 2 choices admit it or lie .. ,, the notes you keep bringing up have zero to do with him pleading guilty
"how they got him to lie is irrelevant "

Not to many people.

So at the start of the investigation, he hadn't committed a crime. And "if" the goal was to get him to commit a crime that he otherwise would not have committed, and "if" this was done for political reasons (still a pretty big "if" but becoming more and more plausible), most people would have a huge problem with that.

The Justice Department isn't supposed to be a weapon used to settle political vendettas.

Anyway, he's free.

We also have some documents released yesterday which show that the democrats found precisely zilch to support the Russian collusion fiasco.

And then, we have the findings of John Durham's inquiry, which became an criminal probe as we all know. You can bet those findings get released right before the election.

And finally, we have Tara Reade doing a piece with Ronan Farrow (hero of the metoo movement) for the New Yorker soon.

Combine all that, with Biden's ill-timed onset of senility.

"how am I the dirty party aka FBI"

If they just asked him straight up and he lied, that's on him, I agree. What you are denying (cuz it doesn't fit your political agenda, which trumps all else) is that if it was done in a way to entice or incentivize him to lie, that's entrapment, right? I wasn't there and you weren't there, so neither of us knows. What we do know, is that right at the start, there's obvious evidence that they were out to get him. We know that senior FBI officials made no secret that they hated Trump and "they'd stop him" from becoming President.

I wonder where it says in the FBI's charter, that one of their functions is to influence presidential elections.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-07-2020 at 08:40 PM..
Old 05-07-2020, 08:01 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Raise a cold glass of your favorite for Flynn.��
A wrong is being righted
big time.

When an assistant director of the FBI asks in writing if the goal is to "get him to lie", or to "get him fired", something is very fishy. He put it in writing!

They were so sure he'd lose, so sure his income taxes would get him, so sure of Russian collusion, so sure of an impeachable quid pro quo. He hit them in the face with pies every single time.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:38 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

The AG dropping the case on Flynn turns the entire purpose of the Special Counsel regs on its head. The SC is appointed *precisely* to insulate an investigation from influence by a political appointee, namely, the AG.
The opportunity to object to investigatory and prosecutorial decisions taken by the Special Counsel was in the hands of Rod Rosenstein (Trump's own appointee), during the course of the investigation. Rosenstein had to APPROVE each major step, and he did.
These decisions have already been vetted. Once by Rosenstein, and then again by a separate branch of government: the judiciary. Judge Sullivan had to review the case, and accept Flynn's plea. His view was that Flynn "arguably sold out the country."
It makes zero sense to appoint a Special Counsel, have his decisions reviewed and approved by both the DAG and a fed judge, and allow a future AG to come in and simply substitute his judgment. Especially an AG who lied about the findings of the investigation from the get-go.
Had Rosenstein overruled Mueller's decisions, he would have been required to notify Congress, and explain his reasons. Barr needs to answer to the judiciary committees for his actions -- these decisions are, ultimately, not really his to make if the SC regs mean anything.
Basically, Barr provides the workaround for any future president (D or R) for whom a Special Counsel is appointed. Let the investigation take its course. Then fire the AG who appointed him. Hire another, who undoes and dismisses all the actions the SC took. Voila!
Old 05-07-2020, 08:46 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

But according to the Death Star Stormtroopers anything that is against Trump* is a deep state plot because for years Americans who go into government service are just laying in wait for the Stable Genius.
They were obviously recruited in high school and trained by libs in those decadent institutions of higher education.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:26 PM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

If you’re angry about what Donald Trump & Bill Barr just did, then you better get off your ass this November and vote.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:59 AM   #18
scottw

great day for America and a Great American Patriot! God Bless General Flynn!

bad day for perpetually wrong pete and the obama corruption crew
Old 05-08-2020, 05:45 AM   #19
Sea Dangles

Winners focus on winning
Losers focus on winners
Old 05-08-2020, 05:52 AM   #20
falkners

General Flynn is a traiter as is his former boss. He failed to report he was an agent for a foreign power. He admitted to lying about it to the FBI. He plead guilty to it twice. Trump fired him because he said he lied to the Vice President. These are facts. The prosecutor in charge of the case was pressured to quit and replaced by a crony of Barrs who and now Barr is refusing to prosecute the case despite a guilty plea. This will save Trump the trouble with pardoning Flynn which he must do to prevent Flynn from spilling the beans about the Trump/Russian collusion in their intervention in our elections and their payoff-the dropping of sanctions. There you go that's a quick summary. Meanwhile we have 75000 Americans dead and counting because we have an incompetent fool as President who cares more about himself and his re-election than the welfare of the country. Vote this asshat out of office in November!

Last edited by falkners; 05-08-2020 at 08:12 AM..
Old 05-08-2020, 05:57 AM   #21
Sea Dangles

He is clearly the greatest president of our lifetime
Old 05-08-2020, 06:57 AM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Barr’s memo isn’t that they can’t prove that he lied, he did and they can’t get around it. They claim that’s not “material.”

Meanwhile, Starr and Kavanaugh argued that whether a president lied about having sexual relations with someone was “material” and enough to warrant impeachment.

The administration is trying to block the Grand Jury testimony that the report that “clears” Trump* was based on.
Who would be concerned about information that proves their innocence
Old 05-08-2020, 07:05 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkners View Post

He plead guilty to it and was found guilty by a jury.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:01 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

After DOJ drops Flynn case, a simple question: If Flynn did nothing wrong, why did he conceal his actions?
“There was always a deeper problem, one that still isn’t resolved. Why was the Trump administration so eager to blunt the punishment Obama gave to Russia for what we now know was gross interference in our presidential election?”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-08-2020, 08:49 AM   #25
wdmso

the right hails the dropping of flynn

But have no opinions with it taking 3 months to arrest 2 people who gunned down a black unarmed jogger.. in daylight

But thier upset that a judge locked up a hairdresser for staying.open after lock down restrictions in texas.
Hmmm Black judge white women .. how dare he..

Then flynn some how Obama's hold overs going after poor old flynn
Old 05-08-2020, 09:20 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
the right hails the dropping of flynn

But have no opinions with it taking 3 months to arrest 2 people who gunned down a black unarmed jogger.. in daylight

But thier upset that a judge locked up a hairdresser for staying.open after lock down restrictions in texas.
Hmmm Black judge white women .. how dare he..

so if I'm talking about something other than the jogger, that means I don't care?

Find who did it, and execute him. Fair enough?

"But thier upset that a judge locked up a hairdresser for staying.open after lock down restrictions in texas."

It's different. It wasn't an official instrument of the government that killed that jogger, just some jerk who needs to be dealt with. What happened to the salon owner, is indicative of how crazy things have gotten. Not saying that's worse, because it's not, nobody died.

But being concerned about one, doesn't mean you can't simultaneously be concerned about the other.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:21 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Did you read what the assistant director of the FBI wrote, before the first conversation with Flynn? Yes or no?
Old 05-08-2020, 09:31 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

An important point to remember in why Flynn is being rewarded: He never gave up the missing piece of the puzzle which is whether Trump knew about or directed the call to Kislyak. Mueller said he couldn't get to bottom of it, because Flynn and McFarland claimed to not remember.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-08-2020, 10:28 AM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
so if I'm talking about something other than the jogger, that means I don't care?

Find who did it, and execute him. Fair enough?

"But thier upset that a judge locked up a hairdresser for staying.open after lock down restrictions in texas."

It's different. It wasn't an official instrument of the government that killed that jogger, just some jerk who needs to be dealt with. What happened to the salon owner, is indicative of how crazy things have gotten. Not saying that's worse, because it's not, nobody died.

But being concerned about one, doesn't mean you can't simultaneously be concerned about the other.
Jim bigger picture.. i wasn't speaking at you specifically .. but lets review if you commit war crimes your OK with trump supporters
if you lie about the russians and got fired for lying from the POTUS your Ok with his supporters

Ms Luther was fined $7,000 (£5,652) and was warned that she would be fined a further $500 a day from now until Friday if the business continued to remain open. She was ordered to remain in jail for seven days after the judge found her guilty of contempt of court.

Judge Moyé told Ms Luther: "The rule of law governs us. People cannot take it upon themselves to determine what they will and will not do."

shes ok with trump supporters

If your a Captain of an aircraft carrier and didn't go along with Covid 19 line coming out of the white house your not ok with his supporters

the Judge who locked her up is not ok with Trump supporters

a this says it all in trump land
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	94888427_3064776160246789_4681674584984911872_n.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	67111   Click image for larger version

Name:	94883651_984079275381769_101358823003914240_n.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	67112  
Old 05-08-2020, 10:38 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim bigger picture.. i wasn't speaking at you specifically .. but lets review if you commit war crimes your OK with trump supporters
if you lie about the russians and got fired for lying from the POTUS your Ok with his supporters

Ms Luther was fined $7,000 (£5,652) and was warned that she would be fined a further $500 a day from now until Friday if the business continued to remain open. She was ordered to remain in jail for seven days after the judge found her guilty of contempt of court.

Judge Moyé told Ms Luther: "The rule of law governs us. People cannot take it upon themselves to determine what they will and will not do."

I'm not supporting Flynn. I support the idea that the FBI can't go after someone for political reasons, no matter who it is. This isn't about Flynn, as much as it's about the FBI. All you see is Flynn getting let off, you can't focus on what the FBI did, or why they might have done it.

shes ok with trump supporters

If your a Captain of an aircraft carrier and didn't go along with Covid 19 line coming out of the white house your not ok with his supporters

the Judge who locked her up is not ok with Trump supporters

a this says it all in trump land
"if you lie about the russians and got fired for lying from the POTUS your Ok with his supporters"

If Flynn committed a crime, he should be punished. But law enforcement has to go about it the right way, they can't be motivated by politics, and they can't entrap him. DO you agree with that?

Alan Dershowitz is very very liberal, and a Harvard Law School professor, and he says it was "absolutely the right thing" to drop it.