Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-21-2014, 08:00 PM   #1
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Columbus took American Indians and Carib Indians as slaves... You didn't get that memo ? He returned to Spain with them and their gold and informed his sponsors that the new world was ripe for plundering

http://www.understandingprejudice.or...q/columbus.htm
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I love it when people try to rewrite history from 400 years ago, especially when
written in the Social Psychology Network ,in this case. Where do they get their new truthful information from when no one is alive to interview.
Most of SPN is theory without any one to prove it.
We all have theories but show me the facts.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #2
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Most of SPN is theory without any one to prove it. We all have theories but show me the facts.
You really think there are no written, historical accounts of Columbus taking Aranak's(sp) back as slaves? It is just some made up liberal idea?

I'm not opposed to having Columbus day, as he 'founded' the new world, warts and all. He was, however, far from the first on this continent white or native American....

ScottW:
Which Moderate Party? Ken Block's party or the new Cool Moose... I like Healy as a concept, but he differs from the original moderate party... there are differences between them. The 3rd party is a noble idea, but ask Ken Block about it's effectiveness and why he joined the GOP....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

I'm not opposed to having Columbus day, as he 'founded' the new world, warts and all. He was, however, far from the first on this continent white or native American.... who suggested he was the first on this continent??? pretty sure the natives were standing on shore when he pulled up in his yacht....at least according to the historical accounts

ScottW:
Which Moderate Party? Ken Block's party or the new Cool Moose... I like Healy as a concept, but he differs from the original moderate party... there are differences between them. The 3rd party is a noble idea, but ask Ken Block about it's effectiveness and why he joined the GOP....
you'd have to ask Eben, I'm not looking for a third party, I was just offering him some suggestions as he sounds wanting...Cool Moose sounds like fun...so I guess Ken Block would say third party is a noble but dumb idea
Old 10-22-2014, 08:27 AM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Both parties are polarizing the country and the economy. It is all about money and power, which equate to getting the "win." Collateral damage be damned.... Not unlike lawyers in a divorce, but that is another subject. I am not against tax breaks for business, but the monster sweetheart deals to big business need to be reined in and redirected to small businesses, which are the backbone of the country. Small businesses are over taxed, over regulated, and subject to too many licenses, insurance coverage, and other fees. As a small business owner, I object to both parties' policies. Especially the giveaways, which promote so much of the lazy do nothing population we are all working to support. It is the dumbing of America. In the old days, you would get two leaders in a room, like Tip and Reagan, and the deal would get done. There was give and take. Each side had to give something to get something. And in the end, it was for the benefit of the whole. Now, it is all about jamming a whole agenda take it or leave it, win at all costs, or I'm taking my ball and going home.... Bunch of classless millionaires running Congress.
Locally, I had high hopes for Seth Moulton after he ousted Tierney in the primary. But the next morning he is on all the TV stations spouting Democrat this and Democrat that.... He lost me there. That wasn't his primary or even secondary message when he was running... But he is stuck with his party jamming their agenda down his throat. And it is all about money.....Sucks.
Surprised no one has mentioned the Democrat skewed media.....
Old 10-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #5
Sea Dangles

I was at Syracuse last weekend and there was a group of indigenous Americans protesting Columbus day. They likened it to celebrating Hitlers birthday.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-22-2014, 09:35 AM   #6
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I was at Syracuse last weekend and there was a group of indigenous Americans protesting Columbus day. They likened it to celebrating Hitlers birthday.
That's a little extreme. However.... Of we celebrated Hernando Cortez day, that might be a good analogy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-22-2014, 10:11 AM   #7
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
You really think there are no written, historical accounts of Columbus taking Aranak's(sp) back as slaves? It is just some made up liberal idea?

I'm sure slavery was part of the day as it had been part of human history for thousands of years before. Interesting to know if your looking for the negative,
but good to know we ended it.
Human nature is a mix of good and bad but I tend to look at the good and corrected bad.

" Choose Life "