Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-06-2021, 01:51 AM   #1
scottw

Chansley

I wonder if this dude is still wearing the horns and make up?....Pete might find this troubling as he was hoping for the electric chair or perhaps public hanging for this "domestic terrorist"

Jacob Chansley pleaded guilty to a single count of obstructing a proceeding of Congress

"Sept, 5 2021 Jacob Chansley, arguably the most iconic figure of the January 6 protest at the U.S. Capitol, today pleaded guilty to one count of obstruction of an official proceeding.

Chansley, 33, turned himself in to law enforcement and was arrested on January 9. A grand jury indicted Chansley two days later on six nonviolent counts including obstruction, civil disorder, and “parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a Capitol building.” The remaining counts will be dropped."

if he's smart, as soon as he's released from prison he will change his voter affiliation to DEMOCRAT.....

obstruction, civil disorder, parading and picketing are skills that are in high demand among the democrat rent-a-mob crowd...

he'll be able to pursue his new hobby dressed in funny outfits having hero status in the media and among democrat politicians particularly if obstructs future congressional proceedings or maybe supreme court nominee hearings....

if he's arrested again, it will be an outrage and he'll likely get bailed out by hollywood....

Sept. 5 2018 Nathan Bomey
USA TODAY

Protesters urged to disrupt Brett Kavanaugh hearings: 'These are not normal times'

A coalition of groups opposing Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination urged protesters to travel from throughout the U.S. to disrupt his Senate confirmation hearings this week.

NPR The Resistance At The Kavanaugh Hearings: More Than 200 Arrests
September 8, 2018

It took less than two minutes for the first protester to be ejected from Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh's opening day of testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Seconds later, a second demonstrator was thrown out of the hearing room, followed by another, followed by another.

At least 227 demonstrators were arrested between the start of the nomination hearings on Tuesday and the end of testimony on Friday, according to the U.S. Capitol Police. Most of those charged this week with disorderly conduct, crowding or obstructing paid fines of $35 or $50.

Such shows of protest are nothing new on Capitol Hill. Televised hearings are open to the public, and as such, the outbursts that roiled much of the judge's testimony have become a regular feature of similar high-profile hearings. But the degree of opposition on display in the hearing room underscored the level of anger among progressive activists over a pick that would cement the Supreme Court's conservative majority for years, if not decades, to come.

"Disrupting the hearings was a way for us to go directly into the homes of the American people to say, 'We will not be silenced and you need to be as outraged as we are,' " said Linda Sarsour, a co-chair of the Women's March and one of the organizers of this week's protests.

Last edited by scottw; 09-06-2021 at 02:05 AM..
Old 09-06-2021, 08:12 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I wonder if this dude is still wearing the horns and make up?....Pete might find this troubling as he was hoping for the electric chair or perhaps public hanging for this "domestic terrorist"

Jacob Chansley pleaded guilty to a single count of obstructing a proceeding of Congress
Insurrectionalist Lite
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-06-2021, 08:19 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Insurrectionalist Lite
stop it...he was heavily armed but mostly peaceful
Old 09-06-2021, 02:59 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree
Family members of the so-called "QAnon Shaman," real name Jacob Chansley, were urging him not to plead guilty today because they believe Trump is going to be reinstated and then will grant him a pardon, Chansley's attorney said.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:01 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

After QAnon Shaman Jacob Chansley’s guilty plea, his lawyer Albert Watkins said today, “He had a fondness for Trump that was not unlike a first love a man may have for a girl. And through social media, he got exposed to all kinds of things.”
Old 09-06-2021, 03:06 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Chansley was originally charged with six federal crimes. He pleaded guilty to one of the most serious charges and could face a maximum of 20 years in prison."

Good.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:49 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Chansley was originally charged with six federal crimes. He pleaded guilty to one of the most serious charges and could face a maximum of 20 years in prison."

Good.
I think the worst part of the Kavanaugh protests was the millions in damages and all the police that lost their lives
Old 09-06-2021, 04:19 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think the worst part of the Kavanaugh protests was the millions in damages and all the police that lost their lives
how about the antifa and blm protests? any violence or property damage?
Old 09-06-2021, 04:26 PM   #9
scottw

if he becomes a democrat they will elect him to something and he will be very popular....especially if he keeps the costume
Old 09-06-2021, 04:30 PM   #10
scottw

Quote:
After QAnon Shaman Jacob Chansley’s guilty plea, his lawyer Albert Watkins said today, “He had a fondness for Trump that was not unlike a first love a man may have for a girl. And through social media, he got exposed to all kinds of things.”
dear pete, nobody is denying that he's nut....

I think you are just jealous that he's more famous than you are...
Old 09-06-2021, 04:32 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
only leftists may engage in whataboutisms...didn't you read the rules?
Old 09-06-2021, 06:45 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
dear pete, nobody is denying that he's nut....

I think you are just jealous that he's more famous than you are...
Silly troll, the rest of the "liberalism is a mental disorder" folks are now busily deworming themselves.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-06-2021, 07:01 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Silly troll, the rest of the "liberalism is a mental disorder" folks are now busily deworming themselves.
here’s one for you.

why are so many people
and businesses moving from
blue states to red states?
Old 09-07-2021, 04:57 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:

the "liberalism is a mental disorder" folks are now busily deworming themselves.

why is this a problem?

do you want to mandate that they get an injection that they may not want but mock them for taking something that they want to take?

maybe we should offer them clean needles and an injection site for deworming so it's safer...or something?
Old 09-07-2021, 07:12 AM   #15
Nebe

Quote:
here’s one for you.

why are so many people
and businesses moving from
blue states to red states?
Simple. There’s an abundant ignorant uneducated working class who will be more easily exploited by the ruling class.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:29 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Simple. There’s an abundant ignorant uneducated working class who will be more easily exploited by the ruling class.
the people who own businesses who are relocating there, are ignorant and uneducated.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:36 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
my brother lived in CT his whole
life, started a business from scratch that was in CT ( franchise consulting). 10 years ago, i helped him do the math of how much he’d save by moving his family and his business to a beautiful suburb of nashville. his savings, in his pocket, was more than $3,000 every month. that was just taxes, that’s not counting groceries and utilities and gas and things like that. so he moved. He’d say his quality of life went up. I’ve been there, to Franklin TN, it’s beautiful.

i could move to NH and save $1,000 a month in state taxes, $1,000 a month for the rest of my career. it’s a fortune. there’s not one service i get in CT, that i couldn’t get in a nice suburb in NH. i get absolutely nothing for the premium i pay.

i can therefore make a case that the stupid people are the ones paying exorbitant, unnecessary taxes for 50 years, who have nothing to show for it except meaningfully lower net worth.
Old 09-07-2021, 08:40 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Hmm, Your brother moved to one of the most democratic counties in the state of Tennessee

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 08:53 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Hmm, Your brother moved to one of the most democratic counties in the state of Tennessee
what matters to him, is that (1) it’s far cheaper then CT, and that (2) he and his family didn’t lose a single service that they need.

The whole state is proof that you don’t get what you pay for.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:00 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

He wouldn't have his kids in one of the best rated districts if he moved to a solid R one.
But I'm sure he considered that

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 09:12 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
He wouldn't have his kids in one of the best rated districts if he moved to a solid R one.
that’s not pure speculation.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:16 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
This link says that Williamson County TN ( where Franklin is), is historically pretty conservative, though it went for biden.

https://communityimpact.com/austin/g...iamson-county/

you’re just making stuff up out of thin air now?
Old 09-07-2021, 09:36 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:

There’s an abundant "ignorant" uneducated working class who will be more easily exploited by the ruling class.

what is?....democrat control over major American cities , Alex

not my words...yours....I try not to classify people as "ignorant uneducated"...it assumes a lot in both directions
Old 09-07-2021, 11:07 AM   #24
wdmso

Qanon Shanan from GOPQ front man praised by all...

Suddenly once convicted he is A paid Actor ....

Crisis actors, deep state, false flag: the rise of conspiracy theory code words
Old 09-07-2021, 11:09 AM   #25
wdmso

Quote:
Again the attempt to suggest these incidents are the Same ... Ya ok
Old 09-07-2021, 11:14 AM   #26
wdmso

People are moving to red state from Blue states for many different reason..

Jim just thinks once they get their they suddenly vote Republican

American Migration Patterns Should Terrify the GOP
Millennial movers have hastened the growth of left-leaning metros in southern red states such as Texas, Arizona, and Georgia. It could be the biggest political story of the 2020s.

we say it in the 2020 election and the GOP response was change voting laws
Old 09-07-2021, 11:29 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
People are moving to red state from Blue states for many different reason..

Jim just thinks once they get their they suddenly vote Republican

American Migration Patterns Should Terrify the GOP
Millennial movers have hastened the growth of left-leaning metros in southern red states such as Texas, Arizona, and Georgia. It could be the biggest political story of the 2020s.

we say it in the 2020 election and the GOP response was change voting laws
"People are moving to red state from Blue states for many different reason"

Duh. But many m ore people are moving from blue to red, than from red to blue.. Why is that? There are blue states that have warm weather all year, with lots of ocean and golf...

"Jim just thinks once they get their they suddenly vote Republican"

I never uttered a syllable about what they do when they get there. Please point to anything I posted here, which indicates my opinion on their voting practices after they move? All I said, is that there's an exodus from blue states to red states. Why do you have to make up gibberish which I never said?

"It could be the biggest political story of the 2020s"

I completely agree, and never, ever suggested otherwise. The exodus of liberals to red states could be a disaster for red states, IF those people are too stupid to realize that it's not really smart to flee a place, re-settle to a better place, then vote to make your new home look like the place you felt compelled to flee. But that could very well happen.

You guys just make stuff up out of thin air when it suits you...

"we say it in the 2020 election and the GOP response was change voting laws"

Not remotely true.

Can I ask you, do you think it's racist to require an id to go to the bank, to get medicine, to get on a plane, to go to the doctor?
Old 09-07-2021, 11:35 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again the attempt to suggest these incidents are the Same ... Ya ok
Why can't you answer the question?

The antifa/blm riots, and the January 6th riot, were both cases where a group of babies couldn't handle that they didn't get their way, and they threw a temper tantrum. They have that in common.

Do you think it's justified to shoot trespassers on sight? When they are women who are an intimidating 5'2", unarmed, and you give them no warning? We KNOW that's what happened to the one rioter who was killed, and NO ONE in the mainstream media is asking why she had to die.

All your pals in the media who said the Duke lacrosse players were guilty, who said Michael Brown was innocent, who said Nick Sandman was a skinhead, NONE of them asked any questions about why that woman was killed.

But when a black person is killed by a white cop, now that's a story that liberals will care about. If she was black and the cop who killed her was white, and if she was protesting on behalf of a liberal cause, the reaction would have been a lot different.

Please make that wrong.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:09 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
This link says that Williamson County TN ( where Franklin is), is historically pretty conservative, though it went for biden.

https://communityimpact.com/austin/g...iamson-county/

you’re just making stuff up out of thin air now?
And this link says its moving to the left
https://tennesseelookout.com/2020/12...ation-express/

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-07-2021, 12:16 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Why can't you answer the question?

The antifa/blm riots, and the January 6th riot, were both cases where a group of babies couldn't handle that they didn't get their way, and they threw a temper tantrum. They have that in common.

Do you think it's justified to shoot trespassers on sight? When they are women who are an intimidating 5'2", unarmed, and you give them no warning? We KNOW that's what happened to the one rioter who was killed, and NO ONE in the mainstream media is asking why she had to die.

All your pals in the media who said the Duke lacrosse players were guilty, who said Michael Brown was innocent, who said Nick Sandman was a skinhead, NONE of them asked any questions about why that woman was killed.

But when a black person is killed by a white cop, now that's a story that liberals will care about. If she was black and the cop who killed her was white, and if she was protesting on behalf of a liberal cause, the reaction would have been a lot different.

Please make that wrong.
Sure Jim, where is that thin blue line?

Ohh, they were tourists.....

The floor of the United States Capitol was stained with blood earlier this month when a violent mob forced its way inside while both chambers of Congress were in session to certify the results of the presidential election. In the ensuing clash between rioters and police, an officer shot and killed Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran, as she and others tried to force their way through the smashed window of a barricaded hallway door.

The officer’s actions are now under investigation, which is standard protocol following any use of deadly force. Having reviewed the videos of the shooting, I believe the officer’s action were justified.

Nerves are frayed right now and emotions are raw. That is precisely why the analysis of Babbitt’s death needs to be fact-based, level-headed, and conducted under the same objective standards as any other police use of deadly force.

Unfortunately, this is not happening in some circles. Many people are reflexively deeming Ashli Babbitt’s death a “murder,” or claiming she was gunned down by an overzealous cop.

No doubt, the shooting of Babbitt is tragic. But we need to consider the reasonable legal standard for the justifiable use of force.

As I explained after the Jacob Blake shooting last year, and maintain now, the actions of civilians in these police-involved shootings play a significant role in how officers perceive threat levels. By all accounts, Babbitt—like Blake—took a series of regrettable actions that caused her to be reasonably perceived by the officer as an imminent violent threat.

There are two primary video recordings of Babbitt’s death, taken from different angles. Between the two videos and other eyewitness accounts, one can recreate a very coherent and clear timeline of the events leading to the shooting.

But first, it is important to understand the broader context of what was happening when this shooting occurred. These were some of the first chaotic minutes after a riotous mob of thousands of angry agitators forced its way into the Capitol with almost the entire continuity of the United States government inside – should something happen to the president, the order of succession would be the vice president, the House speaker, and the president pro tempore of the Senate, all three of whom were barricaded inside the Capitol. The Washington Post’s account of these first minutes give us a much-needed sense of the sheer scale of the threat this mob posed.

While some were simply walking in, others were violently attacking law enforcement officers with pipes, chemical irritants, fire extinguishers, and really anything they could find. About an hour earlier, police had discovered functional pipe bombs on Capitol grounds.

The Capitol was placed in lockdown and emergency text alerts warned everyone inside to seek shelter in barricaded offices if possible. Just minutes before, the vice president had been evacuated, even as some rioters began chants of “Hang Mike Pence, Hang Mike Pence.” Others in the mob shouted, “Where’s Nancy? Where’s Nancy?” menacingly referring to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Many lawmakers and their staff members were forced to shelter in place, barricading themselves behind locked office doors.

Babbitt was among the first rioters to enter the Capitol. She and others with her made their way down to just outside the Speaker’s Lobby on the House side of the building. The doorway to the Speaker’s Lobby—a long hallway directly outside of the House chamber—had been locked and barricaded with furniture to prevent the mob’s entrance. Behind that door were members of Congress and their staff, with nowhere to run, waiting to be evacuated out another side of the House chamber.

This is where the videos pick up. (Warning: These videos show a violent act and may be disturbing to some people).

The videos show that a group of roughly two dozen people were attempting to breach the barricaded door. They had already smashed out several of the windows. People in the crowd shout at Babbitt and others to “bust down” the door. The man taking the video warned officers behind the door that “They’re going to push their way up here. Bro, I’ve seen people out there get hurt. I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

A plainclothes officer takes a tactical position just inside the barricade, half-concealed behind a door frame but with his gun clearly drawn on the rioters.Various eyewitnesses have said that the officers repeatedly warned the mob to “get back” and “get down.”

Babbitt nevertheless tried to pull herself through the busted out window. As she was in the process of doing so, the officer inside the barricade fired a single shot that appeared to strike her in the neck.

Rep. Markwayne Mullin, R-Okla., who was behind the barricade and witnessed the shooting, has since come forward publicly to say that he believes the officer’s action saved lives.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/01/...itt-justified/

Lets Go Darwin