Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-29-2021, 03:08 PM   #61
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
wanna bet? CNN says he said exactly what i claimed he said.

CNN says h made these comments the same day trump restricted travel, i thought it was the following day.

https://www.cnn.com/factsfirst/polit...3-2c4a4e45b23c

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You said he was referring to Trump's travel restrictions, he didn't say that, he was talking about Trump's prior leadership.
Old 11-29-2021, 03:18 PM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You said he was referring to Trump's travel restrictions, he didn't say that, he was talking about Trump's prior leadership.
oh. so of all days, it’s just a huge a coincidence that biden made those comments on that day, the day the restrictions were announced. isn’t that convenient for you!

one more black eye for the democrats. one of
many, many, many.
Old 11-29-2021, 03:25 PM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Actually a xenophobic is the fear or hatred of that which is “perceived” to be foreign or strange. Marrying a hottie to keep his own personal image up and do god knows what behind closed doors (we have heard stories) I’m not sure fits the definition, but banning only Muslims might. Jim are you stuck in whataboutism land again, you need to focus on family and friends in this holiday season and give this board a rest for mental health reasons.
if one disliked muslims, that would
make one a bigot, not a xenophobe. there are plenty of american muslims

GS, did trump ban all muslims? or just Muslims from countries which the obama administration said wasn’t doing a good job of keeping track of who is who?

indonesia has the worlds largest population of muslims. why didn’t trumps ban apply to indonesia? none of the countries with the largest number of muslims, were on the list of banned countries. why is that?

no, not stuck in what about ism. but it’s great fun to point out hypocrisy and watch you all squirm.
Old 11-29-2021, 05:20 PM   #64
spence

Quote:
oh. so of all days, it’s just a huge a coincidence that biden made those comments on that day, the day the restrictions were announced. isn’t that convenient for you!
It actually was kind of a hot topic at the time.
Old 11-29-2021, 05:24 PM   #65
spence

Quote:
indonesia has the worlds largest population of muslims. why didn’t trumps ban apply to indonesia? none of the countries with the largest number of muslims, were on the list of banned countries. why is that?
Because he was targeting Muslims who were fleeing violence and were seeking asylum. I'd still like proof you are an actuarial. Your opinions are so shallow and so one dimensional I don't see how you're capable of critical thinking of any kind.
Old 11-29-2021, 05:36 PM   #66
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump’s campaign promise was for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.”
Apparently he broke his promise by not banning non Arab countries.
Or maybe you can rationalize his actions as you usually do by saying that’s not what he really meant.
AYWS Good luck with that
Old 11-29-2021, 06:04 PM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
Because he was targeting Muslims who were fleeing violence and were seeking asylum. I'd still like proof you are an actuarial. Your opinions are so shallow and so one dimensional I don't see how you're capable of critical thinking of any kind.
so why did he limit the ban to countries that obama said had no idea of who the terrorists were? why not expand on that and ban them all?

critical thinking? you have an orgasm every time a democrat makes a statement.

show us your critical thinking. name a major issue on which you feel the democrats are on the wrong side.

you’re a real critical thinker on politics, spence. show us you can be critical of the left. tell us which issues you think they got wrong?

if there aren’t any, spare us your lectures on the virtues of critical thinking.

spence s a big big fan of critical
thinking! he doesn’t just reflexively conclude the liners is always right, no sir.

actuarial isn’t a noun. it’s an adjective. i’m an actuary. not an actuarial. we’ve discussed this.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-29-2021 at 06:24 PM..
Old 11-29-2021, 06:07 PM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump’s campaign promise was for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.”
Apparently he broke his promise by not banning non Arab countries.
Or maybe you can rationalize his actions as you usually do by saying that’s not what he really meant.
AYWS Good luck with that
i think the ban was stupid. but it was only applied to countries which the obama administration said had no ability to flag terrorists. it wasn’t a “muslim ban”, because the huge majority of the worlds muslims could still come here. the ban applied to 6-7 countries flagged by obama
as a security threat. flagged by obama.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:51 PM   #69
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i think the ban was stupid. but it was only applied to countries which the obama administration said had no ability to flag terrorists. it wasn’t a “muslim ban”, because the huge majority of the worlds muslims could still come here. the ban applied to 6-7 countries flagged by obama
as a security threat. flagged by obama.
Now you’re blaming it on Obama or are you saying that Trump lied when he said he would ban “all” Muslims from entering the USA or what?
Remember you might be excommunicated for those statements!

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-29-2021, 06:59 PM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Now you’re blaming it on Obama or are you saying that Trump lied when he said he would ban “all” Muslims from entering the USA or what?
Remember you might be excommunicated for those statements!
the fact is, obama flagged those countries as being high risk. trump acted in it. i’m not blaming obama, but the fact is he played a role. Trump didn’t come up with that list. Obama did. whether you like that fact or hate it, that’s what happened
Old 11-30-2021, 04:17 AM   #71
scottw

I wonder when was the last time a day went by that pete didn't use the word trump....
Old 11-30-2021, 04:22 AM   #72
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

"Let's go Brandon!"
biden would again like to remind you all to wear your masks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8739.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	444.1 KB
ID:	68589   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021.11.28-06.54-thepoliticalinsider-61a3d049e0296.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	68590  
Old 11-30-2021, 06:21 AM   #73
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
biden would again like to remind you all to wear your masks
the photo on nantucket, inside a store that says masks are required, is a beauty.

liberalism is never about what “they” should do, only about what “we”should do.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:12 AM   #74
wdmso

Quote:
the photo on nantucket, inside a store that says masks are required, is a beauty.

liberalism is never about what “they” should do, only about what “we”should do.
You do know there are no mask mandates in Mass I bet the blurred out words say something like if un vaccinated masks are required. Like every store in the state

But again telling the Truth isn’t conservatives strong suit

Last edited by wdmso; 11-30-2021 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: J
Old 11-30-2021, 09:21 AM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You do know there are no mask mandates in Mass I bet the blurred out words say something like if un vaccinated masks are required. Like every store in the state

But again telling the Truth isn’t conservatives strong suit
“you do know there are no
mask mandates in Mass”

I do know that there are mask mandates on Nantucket, which last time I checked, is part of Mass. The island implemented an indoor mask
mandate earlier in november. Applies to all businesses on the island.

“telling the truth isn’t conservatives strong suit.”

from a guy who in this post told one lie ( no mask mandates), and made one wild assumption ( what the blurred words said).

Tell us more, please, about the value of being truthful. Please!!

Please go ahead, and explain to us conservative dummies, how Biden isn’t doing anything wrong in that photo.

Because to a moron like
me, if the island has a mask
mandate and the store has a sign requiring masks, my simpleton mind concludes Biden isn’t following the rules. So please explain how your superior intellect and honesty would
lead you to conclude, that Biden in fact isn’t doing anything wrong? Share your brilliance with us. Explain how you’d conclude that Biden is t doing anything wrong in that photo, given the truths that you claim are so important?

https://www.ack.net/stories/indoor-m...n-effect,26767

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-30-2021 at 09:30 AM..
Old 11-30-2021, 09:31 AM   #76
wdmso

Quote:

trump married someone from another country.

trump is a lot of bad things. he’s not a xenophobe.
Wow your a simpleton
You think xenophobic means people from all country’s LOL

Conservatives and Trump are xenophobic unless the country’s are European and white .. then their good ..

Hence Trump coining his CHINA VIRUS Nick name !

Let me guess you think Trump was just being Honest about where the Virus started .. not xenophobic as Biden suggest he was being , and yet

Trump’s ‘Chinese Virus’ Tweet Helped Fuel Anti-Asian Hate On Twitter, Study Finds

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...r-study-finds/
Old 11-30-2021, 09:40 AM   #77
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wow your a simpleton

Conservatives and Trump are xenophobic unless the country’s are European and white .. then their good ..

Let me guess you think Trump was just being Honest about where the Virus started .. not xenophobic as Biden suggest he was being , and yet

Trump’s ‘Chinese Virus’ Tweet Helped Fuel Anti-Asian Hate On Twitter, Study Finds

Wayne: there is no mask mandate in Mass, so Biden didn't do anything wrong

Jim: here is proof that theres a mask mandate on Nantucket, where Biden was maskless.

Wayne: Orange Man Bad.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:44 AM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wow your a simpleton

the Google definition of xenophobe:

"a person having a dislike or prejudice against people from other countries"

Again, to my simpleton way of thinking, marrying someone from another country, kind of implies you don't necessarily dislike people from other countries.

Trump is a lot of bad things. A lot of bad things. He's not a xenophobe. I'm sorry if there are one or two character flaws known to human existence, that Trump doesn't have. I'm sorry if you can't grasp that not every insult in the human existence applies to him.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:45 AM   #79
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ps I don’t deal in absolutes

Quote:

Conservatives and Trump are xenophobic
I thought you didn't deal in absolutes!!!

Geez, you should slow down and think a little, you're acting like Pete here...
Old 11-30-2021, 09:54 AM   #80
wdmso

Quote:
mask mandates in Mass”

I do know that there are mask mandates on Nantucket, which last time I checked, is part of Mass. The island implemented an indoor mask

from a guy who in this post told one lie ( no mask mandates), and made one wild assumption ( what the blurred words said).

Please go ahead, and explain to us conservative dummies, how Biden isn’t doing anything wrong in that photo.

Because to a moron like
mandate and the store has a sign requiring masks, my simpleton mind concludes Biden isn’t following the rules. So please explain how your superior intellect and honesty would
lead you to conclude, that Biden in fact isn’t doing anything wrong? Share your brilliance with us. Explain how you’d conclude that Biden is t doing anything wrong in that photo, given the truths that you claim are so important?

Yes Jim your once again more outraged over the POTUS not wearing a mask then those who refuse to wear them , or when the former White House doctor claims Here comes the MEV - the Midterm Election Variant!”

Biden has the right not to wear his mask it’s called freedom. Isn’t that what conservatives want and he is full vaccinated !

But simpletons like yourself and Republicans willfully make fun of Biden for wearing his mask 99.9 of the time ! then you see him without it in a photo and the wheels fall off the bus.

Jim that’s called intellectually dishonest

G.O.P. Fights Covid Mandates, Then Blames Biden as Cases Rise
Republicans have fought mask requirements and vaccine mandates for months, but as coronavirus infections again rise, they are blaming the president for failing to end the health crisis.

See a trend your a sheep following your latest be outraged orders

I only wish you held Trump to the same standards you try to hold Biden

But that would require honesty and objectivity
Old 11-30-2021, 10:03 AM   #81
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yes Jim your once again more outraged over the POTUS not wearing a mask then those who refuse to wear them , or when the former White House doctor claims Here comes the MEV - the Midterm Election Variant!”

Biden has the right not to wear his mask it’s called freedom. Isn’t that what conservatives want and he is full vaccinated !

But simpletons like yourself and Republicans willfully make fun of Biden for wearing his mask 99.9 of the time ! then you see him without it in a photo and the wheels fall off the bus.

Republicans have fought mask requirements and vaccine mandates for months, but as coronavirus infections again rise, they are blaming the president for failing to end the health crisis.

i’m not even a little outraged that biden violated the rules. i could not care less. but it’s fun pointing out the glaring double standards of the left. the left never stops attacking those who don’t comply, and see no irony when the president refuses to comply.

it’s fun watching you twist yourself in knots to avoid staying the simple, harmless truth…we all fall short. if you’re not going to criticize biden for not complying, that’s fine. but doesn’t that mean you shouldn’t criticize anyone else for not complying?

A little consistency would be nice, that’s all.

it would also be nice if you could
just say you were wrong in the facts, and that biden broke the rules. instead, you went on a deranged rant about me.

you’re a tad defensive, because you’re a tad insecure.

almost everything you’ve said on this, is wrong.

“Gop fights covid mandates.”

that’s not the point. the point is that democrats advocate for mandates. would be nice if they led by example. and would
also be nice if they stopped
demonizing those who fall short, and maybe admit that we all fall short sometimes.

i’m sorry, this isn’t about the gop or trump. your side takes one in the chin here. it’s not the end of the world.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-30-2021 at 10:11 AM..
Old 11-30-2021, 10:14 AM   #82
scottw

Quote:

"But simpletons like yourself"

this statement is as ironic as biden constantly chastising the population to wear masks in public places and around others and threatening mask mandates and then being photographed next to a "masks required" sign with no mask on among many others with masks...like biden, wayne probably doesn't even realize how ridiculous and clueless he looks/sounds...which is very troubling
Old 11-30-2021, 11:58 AM   #83
spence

Quote:
i’m not even a little outraged that biden violated the rules. i could not care less. but it’s fun pointing out the glaring double standards of the left. the left never stops attacking those who don’t comply, and see no irony when the president refuses to comply.
It looks like he had a mask on but pulled it down because he was drinking something. But the butthurt runs strong.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:10 PM   #84
Jim in CT

Quote:
It looks like he had a mask on but pulled it down because he was drinking something. But the butthurt runs strong.
that’s not what Psaki said. but surely you would know better.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:03 PM   #85
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
mask mandates in Mass”

Because to a moron like

And not to mention that if you're going to issue mask mandates, then maybe you should, you know, lead by example.

Leadership 101

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-30-2021, 02:07 PM   #86
scottw

Quote:
It’s a video. He’s walking around yapping at everyone and he’s not drinking anything. But nice try
Old 11-30-2021, 02:31 PM   #87
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
And not to mention that if you're going to issue mask mandates, then maybe you should, you know, lead by example.

Leadership 101
Funny your leadership 101 never seems to apply with the last guy?
Old 11-30-2021, 02:33 PM   #88
wdmso

Stocks take a tumble over the potential economic fallout from the omicron variant

but but we caught Biden without his mask!

Conservatives anti vax anti mask they think the omicron variant is a liberal false flag operation..

But bidens the hypocrite !!

Do you guys have any standards
Old 11-30-2021, 02:39 PM   #89
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Funny your leadership 101 never seems to apply with the last guy?
But.....BUT.....TRUMP!

Lame

Old 11-30-2021, 02:41 PM   #90
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Stocks take a tumble over the potential economic fallout from the omicron variant

but but we caught Biden without his mask!

Conservatives anti vax anti mask they think the omicron variant is a liberal false flag operation..

But bidens the hypocrite !!

Do you guys have any standards
Did your dog dictate this to you to write?