Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2021, 02:44 PM   #91
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"But simpletons like yourself"


this statement is as ironic as biden constantly chastising the population to wear masks in public places and around others and threatening mask mandates and then being photographed next to a "masks required" sign with no mask on among many others with masks...like biden, wayne probably doesn't even realize how ridiculous and clueless he looks/sounds...which is very troubling
Not Scott it's just more useless outrage from the the usual suspects claiming its some do As I say not as I do moment ... ignoring the 99.99% of the time he wears a mask.. and his constant messaging

it's Just intellectual dishonesty. but that's acceptable in the New GOP all about owing the Libs . And just saying No! no to mask no the the vaccines No to the truth no to infrastructure no to Jan 6th No to trump lost just say No to anything attached to Dems .. And you have no need to fear your voters .. now that's a twisted sense of Leadership if you dare call it leadership
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 02:51 PM   #92
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Not Scott it's just more useless outrage from the the usual suspects claiming its some do As I say not as I do moment ... ignoring the 99.99% of the time he wears a mask.. and his constant messaging

it's Just intellectual dishonesty. but that's acceptable in the New GOP all about owing the Libs . And just saying No! no to mask no the the vaccines No to the truth no to infrastructure no to Jan 6th No to trump lost just say No to anything attached to Dems .. And you have no need to fear your voters .. now that's a twisted sense of Leadership if you dare call it leadership
itís not useless to point out that biden is asking us to take steps that he doesnít agree need to be taken.

itís not ďintellectual dishonesty.Ē

ha this dishonest, is going on tv and blaming every disaster his administration is dealing with, on people who donít comply with guidelines, when he himself feels free to ignore those guidelines. THATS dishonest.

wayne, youíre humiliating yourself in this one. biden ignored nantucket mandates, ignited the sign on that stores window. you were flat out wrong when you did theyíre arenít mandates in Mass. just admit this one was. alias for your side and move on. it wonít kill you to
admit what happened here.

This situation has nothing whatsoever to do with trump or republicans. Biden chose to violate the rules he expects us to abide by. thatís what happened, everyone on the planet including you knows thatís what happened. why canít you just admit it?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 02:52 PM   #93
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,415
Mike Pence asks Supreme Court to overturn abortion rights


Wow the GOP has some Major issues when it comes to National priorities !
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:12 PM   #94
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Mike Pence asks Supreme Court to overturn abortion rights


Wow the GOP has some Major issues when it comes to National priorities !
If Pence believes that Roe V Wade was decided incorrectly ( a lot of people agree with him), why wouldn't he hope that it gets rectified? What would you expect his position on the issue to be?

Yeah, why fret over silly little things like the slaughter of 600,000 - 700,000 innocent babies per year. Wayne, that you could care less about that, doesn't mean it's a character flaw that others have empathy for the voiceless.

Anything, ANYTHING, to deflect attention away from a tiny little mis-step by Biden.

You want to talk about what's reckless? The idiot democrat senator from NH warned the supreme court that there'd be "revolution" if they overturned Roe. She said explicitly, "go ahead and overturn it if you want revolution."

A sitting US Senator, threatening the supreme court with violence.

This is after Chuck Schumer, the majority leader, threatened the Supreme Court, saying they will "reap the whirlwind" and "not know what hit them" if they keep upholding abortion restrictions.

The Supreme Court isn't supposed to decide cases based on what will appease the mob. They are supposed to decide what the constitution says.

But you don't care about that. What offends you, is a devout Christian rooting for an end to what he views as mass infanticide.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...ade-overturned
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:14 PM   #95
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It looks like he had a mask on but pulled it down because he was drinking something. But the butthurt runs strong.
Is that the product of the critical thinking you ask of the right?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:15 PM   #96
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Funny your leadership 101 never seems to apply with the last guy?
Youre saying TDF never criticized Trump? That's what you're saying?

Good lord.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:19 PM   #97
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If Pence believes that Roe V Wade was decided incorrectly ( a lot of people agree with him), why wouldn't he hope that it gets rectified? What would you expect his position on the issue to be?

Yeah, why fret over silly little things like the slaughter of 600,000 - 700,000 innocent babies per year. Wayne, that you could care less about that, doesn't mean it's a character flaw that others have empathy for the voiceless.

Anything, ANYTHING, to deflect attention away from a tiny little mis-step by Biden.

You want to talk about what's reckless? The idiot democrat senator from NH warned the supreme court that there'd be "revolution" if they overturned Roe. She said explicitly, "go ahead and overturn it if you want revolution."

A sitting US Senator, threatening the supreme court with violence.

This is after Chuck Schumer, the majority leader, threatened the Supreme Court, saying they will "reap the whirlwind" and "not know what hit them" if they keep upholding abortion restrictions.

The Supreme Court isn't supposed to decide cases based on what will appease the mob. They are supposed to decide what the constitution says.

But you don't care about that. What offends you, is a devout Christian rooting for an end to what he views as mass infanticide.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...ade-overturned

priorities ! jim you should get some new ones as well ..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:21 PM   #98
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
And not to mention that if you're going to issue mask mandates, then maybe you should, you know, lead by example.

Leadership 101
Biden made an error in judgment here, and a rational person would simply admit that.

They can't. They can't do it. They cannot admit that Biden isn't perfect. I don't know why they can't, but they can't. None of them can. That Biden obviously made a mistake here, has broken their brains.

Wayne says there are no mask mandates, Spence is assuming (based on zero evidence) that he just lowered the mask to drink something. I'm waiting for Spence to speculate that he only took off his mask to give mouth-to-mouth CPR to a lifeless infant. Yes, that must be it!

These people do not just "believe in" liberalism, they way I believe in conservatism. They are, quite literally, possessed by liberalism, they are enslaved by it. They are servants to liberalism, and under no circumstances can they say anything critical of their master. It's really, really something to behold.

They think that admitting Biden screwed up here, is somehow the same as endorsing Trump.

The democrat is ALWAYS right. the Republican is ALWAYS wrong.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:22 PM   #99
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Is that the product of the critical thinking you ask of the right?
So he's on a short video with his mask pulled down and you can't see his hands, then photographed leaving the store shortly after drinking from a coffee cup. I don't even think this requires critical thinking.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:23 PM   #100
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
itís not useless to point out that biden is asking us to take steps that he doesnít agree need to be taken.

itís not ďintellectual dishonesty.Ē

ha this dishonest, is going on tv and blaming every disaster his administration is dealing with, on people who donít comply with guidelines, when he himself feels free to ignore those guidelines. THATS dishonest.

wayne, youíre humiliating yourself in this one. biden ignored nantucket mandates, ignited the sign on that stores window. you were flat out wrong when you did theyíre arenít mandates in Mass. just admit this one was. alias for your side and move on. it wonít kill you to
admit what happened here.

This situation has nothing whatsoever to do with trump or republicans. Biden chose to violate the rules he expects us to abide by. thatís what happened, everyone on the planet including you knows thatís what happened. why canít you just admit it?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
jim I approach issues via the eyes of an adult and in their totality

You on the other hand you approach these same issues a a pouty child
would... as i have said before you lack nuance .. the world is just Black and white ...
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:24 PM   #101
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
priorities ! jim you should get some new ones as well ..
Wayne, some people can walk and chew gum at the same time. Just because you apparently can't process two things at once, doesn't mean no one else can.

Did Pence (or anyone?) say that noting else in the world matters at all, except the abortion case before SCOTUS? Or are you projecting that, because as always, it's easier for you to respond to a fabrication, than it is for you to respond to what he's actually saying?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:28 PM   #102
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
jim I approach issues via the eyes of an adult and in their totality

You on the other hand you approach these same issues a a pouty child
would... as i have said before you lack nuance .. the world is just Black and white ...
"jim I approach issues via the eyes of an adult and in their totality "

Sure you do. And its just a coincidence that 100% of the time, you side with liberalism.

"the world is just Black and white"

Oh, you don't see the world as black and white? Fine. Share with us some major policy issues on which you disagree with liberals? I keep asking that question, you keep dodging.

Nobody sees the world as "black and white" more than you guys. All you do, is say liberal is good, conseravative is bad.

If you are capable of nuanced thinking, prove me wrong. List some issues on which you agree with conservatives.

I'm the one capable of thought. That's why I can say with no problem at all, that I think conservatives get some things wrong (gay marriage, death penalty, availability of healthcare, gun control to some extent). You can't come close to showing that kind of independent thought. Not even close.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:29 PM   #103
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So he's on a short video with his mask pulled down and you can't see his hands, then photographed leaving the store shortly after drinking from a coffee cup. I don't even think this requires critical thinking.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:41 PM   #104
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 17,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Biden made an error in judgment here, and a rational person would simply admit that.
Yep, Stupid move and bad optics


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
They think that admitting Biden screwed up here, is somehow the same as endorsing Trump.
Obviously, what else can it possibly mean.


....and then Someone has to chime in and prove your point

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So he's on a short video with his mask pulled down and you can't see his hands, then photographed leaving the store shortly after drinking from a coffee cup. I don't even think this requires critical thinking.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:56 PM   #105
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So he's on a short video with his mask pulled down and you can't see his hands, then photographed leaving the store shortly after drinking from a coffee cup. I don't even think this requires critical thinking.
except it's not the first time....

Bidens seen violating DC’s indoor mask mandate at pricey restaurant
By Emily Crane
October 18, 2021

Newsweek Joe Biden Broke His Own Mask Mandate on First Day of His Presidency
BY EWAN PALMER ON 1/22/21
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:57 PM   #106
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
except it's not the first time....

Bidens seen violating DCís indoor mask mandate at pricey restaurant
By Emily Crane
October 18, 2021

Newsweek Joe Biden Broke His Own Mask Mandate on First Day of His Presidency
BY EWAN PALMER ON 1/22/21
That was the time he only took his mask off to give CPR to the lifeless infant.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:59 PM   #107
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
That was the time he only took his mask off to give CPR to the lifeless infant.
he was more likely sniffing a little girl
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:03 PM   #108
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he was more likely sniffing a little girl
only republicans do things like that.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:43 PM   #109
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 11,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
only republicans do things like that.
Boebart, Gosar, Greene and Gaetz are the face of the modern GOP.
The entire party is coming thru as racist, anti-democratic extremists. None of them are condemned by Republican leadership, only encouraged.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, Iíve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met ďpeopleĒ, havenít you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:00 PM   #110
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Boebart, Gosar, Greene and Gaetz are the face of the modern GOP.
The entire party is coming thru as racist, anti-democratic extremists. None of them are condemned by Republican leadership, only encouraged.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Desantis, Tom Cotton, Tim Scott, Niki Haley, Dan Crenshaw. these are the faces of todayís gop. you donít get to pick a few jerks and say theyíre the face of the gop. you wish they were the face of the gop,, and iím sure theyíre who you picture when you think of the gop. but itís not who america thinks if, if it were, the gop wouldnít be kicking the democrats azzes in every conceivable poll. no one likes those people. if the party is seen as deranged racists, explain what happened in VA and NJ.

8 of the 9 governors in the country with the highest approval ratings are republicans. something like that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:22 PM   #111
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 11,743
Sure
McCarthy had a meeting with Greene and Mace and told them to stop. Greene walked out of the meeting, ignored McCarthy, and started telling a reporter that she supports a primary challenge against Mace.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:25 PM   #112
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 11,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Desantis, Tom Cotton, Tim Scott, Niki Haley, Dan Crenshaw. these are the faces of todayís gop. you donít get to pick a few jerks and say theyíre the face of the gop. you wish they were the face of the gop,, and iím sure theyíre who you picture when you think of the gop. but itís not who america thinks if, if it were, the gop wouldnít be kicking the democrats azzes in every conceivable poll. no one likes those people. if the party is seen as deranged racists, explain what happened in VA and NJ.

8 of the 9 governors in the country with the highest approval ratings are republicans. something like that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You could add Cotton, Cruz and Johnson from the Senate without diluting the Gang Greene brand.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, Iíve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met ďpeopleĒ, havenít you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:49 PM   #113
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Sure
McCarthy had a meeting with Greene and Mace and told them to stop. Greene walked out of the meeting, ignored McCarthy, and started telling a reporter that she supports a primary challenge against Mace.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
and on the left, thereís a war between the progressives and moderates. big deal.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:50 PM   #114
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You could add Cotton, Cruz and Johnson from the Senate without diluting the Gang Greene brand.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i donít get your point. but i can read polls, can you.

what happened in VA and NJ, Pete?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:28 AM   #115
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 11,743
I picture John Boehmer sitting back and thinking thank god Iím out of there.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 06:52 AM   #116
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I picture John Boehmer sitting back and thinking thank god Iím out of there.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete, you look at what happened in VA and NJ last month, and you look at all the pollingÖ..and you conclude that the gop is in disarray and back on their heels?

atta boy, Columbo.

Some superfluous fringe congressmen are bickering. Thereís no bickering or in-fighting on the left? Manchin and Sinema arenít being attacked by any democrats?

what planet do you live on?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-01-2021 at 07:13 AM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 07:52 AM   #117
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 7,415
Peter Navarro to Newsmax: Overdeploying Vaccine Creating 'Vaccine Resistant Mutations'

But but we saw Biden with out a mask for a minute LOL


Biden Considers 7-Day Quarantine for Returning Travelers Due to Omicron

These people will continue with their tyranny as long as we the people allow it.....screw their quarantine, screw their shots, masks, etc. They do not get to force us to do anything, period! Go to hell!



1st comment on NEWSMAX where all the MAGA supporters fled after Fox News refused to say Trump won the election

Outrage the GOPís only policy
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 08:13 AM   #118
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,639
You guys crack me up making a big fuss about a mask, when Trump tested positive for covid three days before he debated Biden and lied about it to insure he could debate. Well known he was never wearing a mask after knowing he was positive, exposing everyone he came in contact with. So one guy fully vaccinated isnít wearing a mask in a store with others that were probably fully vaccinated, when he might have asked if he needed a mask (none of you yahooís know) and Trump knowingly exposed people while infected with covid, tell me honestly which is worse by huge margins?
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 08:17 AM   #119
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You guys crack me up making a big fuss about a mask, when Trump tested positive for covid three days before he debated Biden and lied about it to insure he could debate. Well known he was never wearing a mask after knowing he was positive, exposing everyone he came in contact with. So one guy fully vaccinated isnít wearing a mask in a store with others that were probably fully vaccinated, when he might have asked if he needed a mask (none of you yahooís know) and Trump knowingly exposed people while infected with covid, tell me honestly which is worse by huge margins?
not only did i not make a big fuss, i said a few times that it wasnít a big deal. what cracks me up, is the inability of 99% of the people on the left, to just be able to admit he slipped up and the optics are bad. 99% of liberals canít muster the intellectual courage to just admit that. itís fascinating to me, and never stops being entertaining. i am genuinely curious to know what youíre all afraid would happen, if you just admit it was a mistake.

But Trump!!

(thatís also hilarious. your instinctive reaction is to point to trump.)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 08:41 AM   #120
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
not only did i not make a big fuss, i said a few times that it wasnít a big deal. what cracks me up, is the inability of 99% of the people on the left, to just be able to admit he slipped up and the optics are bad. 99% of liberals canít muster the intellectual courage to just admit that. itís fascinating to me, and never stops being entertaining. i am genuinely curious to know what youíre all afraid would happen, if you just admit it was a mistake.

But Trump!!

(thatís also hilarious. your instinctive reaction is to point to trump.)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No big fuss really, itís been the subject of this thread for quite a while. Circumstances matter, you donít know if questions were asked before Biden removed his mask and optics are pretty good considering he is wearing a mask when he should be what 99.9999999% of the time. Trumps optics were the opposite, he promoted the idea the masks arenít needed and couldnít care less if he infected those working with him.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com