Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-01-2021, 08:43 AM   #121
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

you don’t know if questions were asked before Biden removed his mask

he's not allowed to take questions....
Old 12-01-2021, 08:45 AM   #122
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he's not allowed to take questions....
last time i checked, it’s also possible to answer questions with a mask on.

they crack me up.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-01-2021, 08:48 AM   #123
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
No big fuss really, it’s been the subject of this thread for quite a while. Circumstances matter, you don’t know if questions were asked before Biden removed his mask and optics are pretty good considering he is wearing a mask when he should be what 99.9999999% of the time. Trumps optics were the opposite, he promoted the idea the masks aren’t needed and couldn’t care less if he infected those working with him.
the subject of the thread, morphed into the inability of you lefties to ever say anything critical if biden.

“you don’t know if questions were asked.

i do know, that Psaki isn’t saying he took off his mask to answer questions. i also know that he can answer questions with his mask on.

Anything to avoid criticizing him. What in gods name is in that Kool Aid.

since you’re making up excuses for him, why not do better, and say he removed his mask to perform CPR on someone?
Old 12-01-2021, 08:48 AM   #124
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
last time i checked, it’s also possible to answer questions with a mask on.

they crack me up.
he was definitely sniffing children...
Old 12-01-2021, 09:32 AM   #125
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete, you look at what happened in VA and NJ last month, and you look at all the polling…..and you conclude that the gop is in disarray and back on their heels?

atta boy, Columbo.

Some superfluous fringe congressmen are bickering. There’s no bickering or in-fighting on the left? Manchin and Sinema aren’t being attacked by any democrats?

what planet do you live on?
Come on, you now have your own "Squad of MENSA candidates"
And the leader of your party, a Stable Genius, knowingly went to his first debate infected with COVID. He was a danger to everyone he came in contact with, including debate staff, the Secret Service and the next President of the United States.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-01-2021, 09:52 AM   #126
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
And the leader of your party, a Stable Genius, knowingly went to his first debate infected with COVID. He was a danger to everyone he came in contact with, including debate staff, the Secret Service and the next President of the United States.
your problem, is that not everyone in the country assumes the republicans are only to be judged on their flaws.

if more people thought like you ( just had a chill up my spine), how do you explain what happened in VA and NJ last month? how do you explain the polling which looks so amazingly favorable for the gop as of right now?

you can’t respond to that with “orange man bad.”

that’s not what the country is thinking. that may well change, but as of now, poling clearly favors the gop. i’ve asked you to explain that 4 or 5 times now, you keep dodging.

so completely agree there are a handful of republican congressmen who are deranged radicals who is live to see go.

you’re tying to paint the entire gop with that brush. (1) yiu don’t do that with democrats, you don’t equate the whole party with Ihan Omar. and (2) clearly the country isn’t sharing your view that a small number of kooks represent the whole party.

there’s more to the democratic party than eric swallwell and ihan omar. similarly, there’s more to the gop than marjorie taylor greene.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-01-2021 at 10:00 AM..
Old 12-01-2021, 10:10 AM   #127
Jim in CT

pete, yiu judge democrats by focusing on the good and ignoring the bad.

yiu judge republicans by ignoring the good and focusing on the bad.

obviously when you compare the parties that way, the democrats will look better. but it’s not an accurate ( or even rational) way to compare things, and very few people buy into it.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:14 PM   #128
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Quote:
pete, yiu judge democrats by focusing on the good and ignoring the bad.

yiu judge republicans by ignoring the good and focusing on the bad.

obviously when you compare the parties that way, the democrats will look better. but it’s not an accurate ( or even rational) way to compare things, and very few people buy into it.
The Squad of Mensa candidates is a quote from a post of yours
Good luck with Gang Greene

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-01-2021, 04:53 PM   #129
Jim in CT

Quote:
The Squad of Mensa candidates is a quote from a post of yours
Good luck with Gang Greene
“the squad” has a lot of influence within the democrat party. they’re the only reason why the infastructure bill wasn’t passed months ago. it passed the senate, the moderates in the house wanted it, the squad managed to hijack it and connect it to the 3.5 trillion social spending bill.

what has marjorie taylor greene done to alter the conservative agenda?

she’s a nook and a jerk.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:29 PM   #130
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
“the squad” has a lot of influence within the democrat party. they’re the only reason why the infastructure bill wasn’t passed months ago. it passed the senate, the moderates in the house wanted it, the squad managed to hijack it and connect it to the 3.5 trillion social spending bill.

what has marjorie taylor greene done to alter the conservative agenda?

she’s a nook and a jerk.
The squad or Manchin and Sinema stopped it?
The Gang Greene drives the agenda in the house and McCarthy is to much of a wimp to do anything because the Stable Genius praises them.
Now explain Gohmert, Gaetz, Gosar, Boebert, Jordan etc and how McCarthy has promised to reinstate anyone tossed from committees IF they win back the house.
Just who’s running the freak show for the Republicans, leadership or the wackos
So far the Trumplicans have voted against lower insulin prices, pandemic relief, infrastructure, capitol police, violence against women and the stacked Supreme Court will likely negate Rowe vs Wade.
You claim the Trumplicans have a record to run on….

So explain this logic-
How you square demanding freedom of choice when it comes to vaccines BUT NOT freedom of choice when it comes to reproductive rights?
Only the unborn count?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-01-2021, 05:47 PM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
The squad or Manchin and Sinema stopped it?
The Gang Greene drives the agenda in the house and McCarthy is to much of a wimp to do anything because the Stable Genius praises them.
Now explain Gohmert, Gaetz, Gosar, Boebert, Jordan etc and how McCarthy has promised to reinstate anyone tossed from committees IF they win back the house.
Just who’s running the freak show for the Republicans, leadership or the wackos
So far the Trumplicans have voted against lower insulin prices, pandemic relief, infrastructure, capitol police, violence against women and the stacked Supreme Court will likely negate Rowe vs Wade.
You claim the Trumplicans have a record to run on….

So explain this logic-
How you square demanding freedom of choice when it comes to vaccines BUT NOT freedom of choice when it comes to reproductive rights?
Only the unborn count?
if you’re talking about the infastructure bill, the squad stopped it. it passed the senate, which is where manchin and sinema are. The squad denied Pelosi the votes for it to pass the house, so it stalled in the house until
the democrats panicked at what happened in VA and NJ.

manchin and sinema stalled the 3.5T social spending bill. not the infastructure bill.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:07 PM   #132
spence

Quote:
if you’re talking about the infastructure bill, the squad stopped it.
There are a lot more progressives in the house than just "the Squad."
Old 12-01-2021, 06:07 PM   #133
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
There are a lot more progressives in the house than just "the Squad."
true

and there are more republicans in congress besides the maniacs.

Old 12-02-2021, 09:24 AM   #134
wdmso

Quote:
true

and there are more republicans in congress besides the maniacs.

But some how you implied the Squad has power

But insist your crazy’s are just Crazy

Jim look at their fund raising it’s off the charts hate and fear equals campaign donations

Everything I heard of Q, I hope that this is real, because it only means America is getting stronger and better," she said, adding that QAnon followers were "only motivating, and encouraging and bringing people together stronger. And, if this is real, then it could be really great for our country."

Lauren Boebert

MARJORIE TAYLOR GREENE: I ONLY BELIEVE SOME OF WHAT QANON SAYS ABOUT DEMS BEING SATANIC PEDOPHILE CANNIBALS,

Cawthorn was nominated to the U.S. Naval Academy by Rep. Mark Meadows and that his “plans were derailed” by the 2014 auto accident. However, Cawthorn testified in a 2017 deposition that he had already been rejected by the Naval Academy before his accident.

He also claimed his friend left him to die after the accident

He was my brother, my best friend. And he leaves me in a car to die in a fiery tomb," Cawthorn said of the accident. "He runs to safety deep in the woods and just leaves me in a burning car as the flames start to lick my legs and curl up and burn my left side." Cawthorn also claimed he was pronounced dead at the scene, but thanks to "adrenaline or divine intervention, I definitely believe it's the latter, I had a deep inhale of breath."

The problem, of course, is that none of it was true. According to Ledford, he saved Cawthorn's life. "That statement he made was false," Ledford told The Washington Post. "It hurt very badly that he would say something as false as that. That is not at all what happened. I pulled him out of the car the second that I was able to get out of the car." And, according to a court deposition, Cawthorn claims he has no memory from the accident. And per a police accident report and Florida Highway Patrol records, Cawthorn was "incapacitated and in critical condition" but was not declared dead.

The GOP has an integrity problem and Trump leads by example and the rest follow
Old 12-02-2021, 09:43 AM   #135
Jim in CT

the squad is influential in that party wayne. lie all you want about that.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:56 AM   #136
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
But some how you implied the Squad has power

But insist your crazy’s are just Crazy

Jim look at their fund raising it’s off the charts hate and fear equals campaign donations

Everything I heard of Q, I hope that this is real, because it only means America is getting stronger and better," she said, adding that QAnon followers were "only motivating, and encouraging and bringing people together stronger. And, if this is real, then it could be really great for our country."

Lauren Boebert

MARJORIE TAYLOR GREENE: I ONLY BELIEVE SOME OF WHAT QANON SAYS ABOUT DEMS BEING SATANIC PEDOPHILE CANNIBALS,

Cawthorn was nominated to the U.S. Naval Academy by Rep. Mark Meadows and that his “plans were derailed” by the 2014 auto accident. However, Cawthorn testified in a 2017 deposition that he had already been rejected by the Naval Academy before his accident.

He also claimed his friend left him to die after the accident

He was my brother, my best friend. And he leaves me in a car to die in a fiery tomb," Cawthorn said of the accident. "He runs to safety deep in the woods and just leaves me in a burning car as the flames start to lick my legs and curl up and burn my left side." Cawthorn also claimed he was pronounced dead at the scene, but thanks to "adrenaline or divine intervention, I definitely believe it's the latter, I had a deep inhale of breath."

The problem, of course, is that none of it was true. According to Ledford, he saved Cawthorn's life. "That statement he made was false," Ledford told The Washington Post. "It hurt very badly that he would say something as false as that. That is not at all what happened. I pulled him out of the car the second that I was able to get out of the car." And, according to a court deposition, Cawthorn claims he has no memory from the accident. And per a police accident report and Florida Highway Patrol records, Cawthorn was "incapacitated and in critical condition" but was not declared dead.

The GOP has an integrity problem and Trump leads by example and the rest follow
“the gop has an integrity problem.”

and there are no liars or scumbags on your side. none.

biden just said again this week, that he used to be a truck driver. we know it’s a lie, but he’s too senile to stop telling it. he drove a school bus. not an 18 wheeler. then there’s his take of taking on a drug kingpin named corn pop. biden tells blacks that republicans want to put them back in chains. such integrity.

kamala harris sucked her way to the top, had a public affair with a married man, put god knows how many people in prison for pot while she jokes about her own drug use. such fine integrity.

chuck schumer explicitly threatened the supreme court for making decisions he didn’t like. such integrity!

maxine waters tells america to hound and harass everyone in trump’s cabinet to make
them know “they aren’t welcome anywhere, anytime.”

eric swalwell sleeps with chinese spies. a model of integrity.

Ihan Omar is a rabid jew hater, who hates everything about the country that saved her from a Somali refugee camp. gives millions of campaign dollars to her husband.

how many examples do you want? there are scumbags and good people on both sides. you just say “republicans are bad”, then stick your fingers deep
in your ears and go “la la la la!!!”. so you can’t hear anything else, because you can’t process anything else.

Trump has a serious integrity problem. now that he’s gone ( for now at least), people
are t focused on him, and are actually comparing the two parties. and every single
poll suggests it’s going horribly for the democrats.

why are the democrats poling so horribly? they control everything in DC right now, they have every tab station except one, and academia in their pockets. what happened in VA and NJ? those aren’t red states. what happened there?

i’m not sure the party that worships the kennedy’s and the clintons, the party responsible for the Kavanaugh Witch Trials, is in much of a position to lecture anybody about integrity. so let’s talk about policies and results. democrats tend to do anything to avoid having that conversation.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-02-2021 at 11:21 AM..
Old 12-03-2021, 09:33 AM   #137
wdmso

Quote:
the squad is influential in that party wayne. lie all you want about that.
No Jim the squad is influential in your mind and you have been told to believe they have this great influence ..

and the GOP version or the squad is fake news. Like them banking big donations on peddling their hate Correct
Old 12-03-2021, 10:18 AM   #138
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
No Jim the squad is influential in your mind and you have been told to believe they have this great influence ..

and the GOP version or the squad is fake news. Like them banking big donations on peddling their hate Correct
So when the infastructure bill passed the senate months ago, and stalled in the house...why did it stall in the house, exactly?

democrat=good, always with zero exceptions...

Here, Politico says it was the squad that delayed the vote on the infastructure bill.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/1...n-chaos-517711

Please Wayne, tell us why that bill passed the senate and stalled in the house.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:33 AM   #139
Pete F.
Canceled

The bill passed in the house, did you miss that?
Meanwhile, Americans overwhelmingly approve of a bill that reduces the cost of insulin to $35/month, the GOP voted AGAINST it.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:31 PM   #140
detbuch

Quote:
Meanwhile, Americans overwhelmingly approve of a bill that reduces the cost of insulin to $35/month, the GOP voted AGAINST it.
WTF does the does the cost of insulin have to do with infrastructure?
Old 12-03-2021, 01:42 PM   #141
Jim in CT

Quote:
"The bill passed in the house, did you miss that? "

Here's what I posted. You either missed that, or as usual, you cannot process anything which doesn't flatter the left.

Quote:
if you’re talking about the infastructure bill, the squad stopped it. it passed the senate, which is where manchin and sinema are. The squad denied Pelosi the votes for it to pass the house, so it stalled in the house until the democrats panicked at what happened in VA and NJ.
The infastructure bill passed the senate months ago, then it stalled in the house (despite Pelosi and Biden wanting it passed), because the squad and the progressives wanted it connected to the $3.5T spending bill. Are you saying that's not true?
Old 12-03-2021, 02:09 PM   #142
Pete F.
Canceled

Apparently it didn’t pass fast enough for you, the Dems passed the most extensive infrastructure bill since Eisenhower and you wanted it to not be considered by our representatives.
But it actually passed unlike the former guy’s oft recurring infrastructure week, which you ignore because you can’t process anything which doesn’t flatter Trump.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:29 PM   #143
Jim in CT

Quote:
Apparently it didn’t pass fast enough for you, the Dems passed the most extensive infrastructure bill since Eisenhower and you wanted it to not be considered by our representatives.
But it actually passed unlike the former guy’s oft recurring infrastructure week, which you ignore because you can’t process anything which doesn’t flatter Trump.
pete, you’re dodging my question, and we all know why.

i have said that if the bill works efficiently, the democrats deserve the credit.

but the fact is, that bill passed the senate months ago, pelosi and biden wanted it passed in the house, but the squad and the progressives blocked it.

is that true, or is it false?

just answer one direct question for once.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:31 PM   #144
Jim in CT

Quote:
you can’t process anything which doesn’t flatter Trump.
i have said many times, that Trump deserves a a big fat F for not passing infastructure when he could have. i’ve said i hate trump
and pray he doesn’t run again.

tell us one thing you think deserves an F on. just one thing.

you’re a sad, pathetic, insane, desperate, lying, loser.

and you’re boring. it’s boring to bitch-slap you around here.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:11 PM   #145
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i have said many times, that Trump deserves a a big fat F for not passing infastructure when he could have. i’ve said i hate trump
and pray he doesn’t run again.

tell us one thing you think deserves an F on. just one thing.

you’re a sad, pathetic, insane, desperate, lying, loser.

and you’re boring. it’s boring to bitch-slap you around here.
But you consistently come to his defense, like Rand Paul who once said:
“Donald Trump is a delusional narcissist and an orange-faced windbag.
A speck of dirt is way more qualified to be president."
-Senator Rand Paul, January 2016.

You’re projecting again, every time I point it out you start with personal accusations, claiming to be a real man and swinging your purse.

Poor girl

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2021, 03:19 PM   #146
scottw

Quote:

Poor girl

this seems un-inclusive...
Old 12-03-2021, 08:11 PM   #147
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
this seems un-inclusive...
Are you borrowing his purse?
Or are you also identifying like him/her

Last edited by Pete F.; 12-03-2021 at 08:32 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2021, 09:08 PM   #148
scottw

Quote:
Are you borrowing his purse?
Or are you also identifying like him/her
would be there anything wrong with that?
Old 12-03-2021, 09:28 PM   #149
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
would be there anything wrong with that?
Whatever smokes your shorts/panties

Lets Go Darwin