Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-05-2022, 10:29 AM   #421
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
but you’re not angry.

you’re right, not many of us can contribute information as useful and absolutely crucial as the Missouri state legislature having members being impolite to each other. i mean, how can we function without that information?

let’s all step aside and make room for you.

call him a retard next, to show us how angry everyone is except you.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I only use that word to point out the hypocrisy of all the Rs who laughed at Trump mocking a handicapped reporter. I guess I have the handicapped back while the Rs have no problem w/Trump mocking the guy.

Last edited by PaulS; 02-05-2022 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: Edit - fixed the thought before TDF points it out.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:31 AM   #422
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I’m not the one applying the grease paint pretty heavy today.
But you never say ANYTHING constructive other to point out typos or to mock certain people's posts.

So you don't add anything worthwhile.

Last edited by PaulS; 02-05-2022 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: Edit - need to fix the typo before TDF points it out.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:57 AM   #423
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
But you never say ANYTHING constructive other to point out typos or to mock certain people's posts.

I know, because this forum is just the epitome of rational conversation and constructive dialog

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-05-2022, 10:59 AM   #424
Jim in CT

Quote:
I only use that word to point out the hypocrisy of all the Rs who laughed at Trump mocking a handicapped reporter. I guess I have the handicapped back while the Rs have no problem w/Trump mocking the guy.
trump is known for
making fun of people’s appearance, which is awful.

however, and you know this, there’s video tape of trump over the years, using the same exact physical
gestures to make fun of other people ( not handicapped) who were critical of him. it’s on tape. so it’s likely that he had no idea the guy is special needs, and rather that’s just Trumps. stupid, juvenile way to make fun of everyone who criticizes him.

but the left ignores that.

using the word retard, is pretty disgusting. and very revealing. have fun being in the small group of people who don’t see anything wrong with it.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:59 AM   #425
scottw

Quote:
I know, because this forum is just the epitome of rational conversation and constructive dialog
just stay outta my lane...I'm warning you!
Old 02-05-2022, 11:03 AM   #426
PaulS

Quote:
trump is known for
making fun of people’s appearance, which is awful.

however, and you know this, there’s video tape of trump over the years, using the same exact physical
gestures to make fun of other people ( not handicapped) who were critical of him. it’s on tape. so it’s likely that he had no idea the guy is special needs, and rather that’s just Trumps. stupid, juvenile way to make fun of everyone who criticizes him.

but the left ignores that.

using the word retard, is pretty disgusting. and very revealing. have fun being in the small group of people who don’t see anything wrong with it.
Give me a break on Trump. Everyone knows he was mocking the handicapped. That was a well known mock to represent the handicap the reporter had and had nothing to do with the reporters appearance.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I save it for the #^&#^&#^&#^&e hole you helped create here with your constant insults. Some of the things you have said here are unbelievable. But it is ok when you do it.

Did you notice how the whole tone of this forum changed when you ran away for 6 months?
Old 02-05-2022, 11:04 AM   #427
scottw

Quote:

don't wear your skinny jeans to Missouri...they will mock you

Last edited by scottw; 02-05-2022 at 11:13 AM..
Old 02-05-2022, 11:10 AM   #428
Jim in CT

Quote:
Bruce, People have completely lost their minds over this. I have a friend who actually thinks it would be acceptable to turn someone away from an emergency room if they’re not vaccinated. My jaw hit the floor on that one.
i’d be genuinely interested to hear your take on this.

i have a sister in law,,my brothers wife. for whatever reason, her immune system is vulnerable to covid.

She caught covid early on, head it bad, was in the hospital for 8 days. Not long after, they tested her for antibodies, she had none. Not a good sign.

She got her first vaccine dose, got very very sick, spent two days in the hospital. Again, they tested her after, she had no antibodies. Her body just doesn’t like to keep the antibodies. she was an ER nurse at Yale, she had to retire, was too dangerous, she was too vulnerable to covid and too likely to have a severe case if infected.

Couple of months ago, she caught covid again. They wanted her to get on a course of monoclonal antibodies, but none were available. Their entire stock was being dispensed to a couple dozen patients who were also very sick, and every single one of them was unvaccinated

She was again hospitalized for about a week, until monoclonal
antibodies were available. As soon a she’s started that treatment, she recovered very very quickly.

Now, if those patients all had gotten the vaccine, it’s virtually certain that some of them would not have required hospitalization, therefore there’d have been monoclonal antibodies available for my sister in law. she could have died while
waiting.

i would never ever say the unvaccinated don’t deserve medical treatment. But when i hear the unvaccinated say “ my choice is none of your business”, well, i think of my sister in law, and it’s pretty certain that their choice had a serious and negative impact on her.

anyway, you know that i consider you one of the fair and middle of the road guys here. i’d be curious to know what you think, and don’t worry about disagreeing with me, i have thick skin and i initiated this.
Old 02-05-2022, 11:21 AM   #429
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
i’d be genuinely interested to hear your take on this.

i have a sister in law,,my brothers wife. for whatever reason, her immune system is vulnerable to covid.

She caught covid early on, head it bad, was in the hospital for 8 days. Not long after, they tested her for antibodies, she had none. Not a good sign.

She got her first vaccine dose, got very very sick, spent two days in the hospital. Again, they tested her after, she had no antibodies. Her body just doesn’t like to keep the antibodies. she was an ER nurse at Yale, she had to retire, was too dangerous, she was too vulnerable to covid and too likely to have a severe case if infected.

Couple of months ago, she caught covid again. They wanted her to get on a course of monoclonal antibodies, but none were available. Their entire stock was being dispensed to a couple dozen patients who were also very sick, and every single one of them was unvaccinated

She was again hospitalized for about a week, until monoclonal
antibodies were available. As soon a she’s started that treatment, she recovered very very quickly.

Now, if those patients all had gotten the vaccine, it’s virtually certain that some of them would not have required hospitalization, therefore there’d have been monoclonal antibodies available for my sister in law. she could have died while
waiting.

i would never ever say the unvaccinated don’t deserve medical treatment. But when i hear the unvaccinated say “ my choice is none of your business”, well, i think of my sister in law, and it’s pretty certain that their choice had a serious and negative impact on her.

anyway, you know that i consider you one of the fair and middle of the road guys here. i’d be curious to know what you think, and don’t worry about disagreeing with me, i have thick skin and i initiated this.
I would say the issue is that they need to work on increasing the availability of monoclonal antibodies.

My biggest concern on my buddy’s take is that I don’t want people making a judgement call, at the point of emergency, on whether you deserve to have your life saved because of your vaccine status.

You save their life, period, that’s your job in the ER. After that, then issues can be addressed.

The guy that can’t get the heart transplant because of his refusal to get vaccinated, I feel bad for him and his family, but it’s a stupid stand to take. There are all kinds of medical requirements for organ transplants, if being vaccinated is one of them, so be it.

Old 02-05-2022, 11:26 AM   #430
Jim in CT

Quote:
I would say the issue is that they need to work on increasing the availability of monoclonal antibodies.

My biggest concern on my buddy’s take is that I don’t want people making a judgement call, at the point of emergency, on whether you deserve to have your life saved because of your vaccine status.

You save their life, period, that’s your job in the ER. After that, then issues can be addressed.

The guy that can’t get the heart transplant because of his refusal to get vaccinated, I feel bad for him and his family, but it’s a stupid stand to take. There are all kinds of medical requirements for organ transplants, if being vaccinated is one of them, so be it.
absolutely they need to make them
more available.

and i agree with you about the guy who needs the trans a t but won’t get vaccinated. stupid.

thanks.
Old 02-05-2022, 11:31 AM   #431
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
absolutely they need to make them
more available.

and i agree with you about the guy who needs the trans a t but won’t get vaccinated. stupid.

thanks.
When you get a chance, can you leave me a review, so Paul knows I added something to the conversation

Old 02-05-2022, 11:39 AM   #432
Jim in CT

Quote:
When you get a chance, can you leave me a review, so Paul knows I added something to the conversation
i’ll put it on yelp.
Old 02-05-2022, 11:56 AM   #433
PaulS

Quote:
👍
Old 02-06-2022, 02:14 PM   #434
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
keep doing it and ignore the flak.

the entire media ignored John’s Hopkins study that lockdowns were useless, and they don’t want to talk about natural immunity.
correct Jim, and now the results show nothing gained from lockdowns, I do understand in the beginning 2 weeks were needed to keep hospitals from being inundated but we got past that. There should be no need to mandate vaccines to the point of people having to make a choice between earning a living wage or to risk the cure being worse than the disease. There are plenty of examples of people who got way sicker or died from getting the vaccines, if people like some on this site deny that then it is quite obvious who they listen to. How can anyone question why someone chooses not to get an experimental vaccine and not understand their trepidation?

as far as ignoring the flak, only way I see certain flak is when you quote him. been years since I listen to the spew from someone of that caliber pun intended

Last edited by Slipknot; 02-06-2022 at 02:25 PM..

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 02-06-2022, 02:25 PM   #435
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Bruce, People have completely lost their minds over this. I have a friend who actually thinks it would be acceptable to turn someone away from an emergency room if they’re not vaccinated. My jaw hit the floor on that one.
Yes Kevin they have. How can someone on the transplant list be taken off when they qualify in every way yet not vaccinated gets them removed? There is no logical explanation to do that to someone.
I lost a lot of respect for a friend who told me something similar to your friend. Something like if you don't get the vaccine and are sick and dying in the hospital maybe your god will save you, basically that vaccinated should be priority above the sub-humans that have a properly working immune system and made the choice that they don't want to be compromised by an experimental unproven(even though the money makers say it is safe)vaccine. You're gonna need an aluminum bowl not tinfoil to avoid the mind games going on with this pandemic.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:14 PM   #436
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
correct Jim, and now the results show nothing gained from lockdowns, I do understand in the beginning 2 weeks were needed to keep hospitals from being inundated but we got past that. There should be no need to mandate vaccines to the point of people having to make a choice between earning a living wage or to risk the cure being worse than the disease. There are plenty of examples of people who got way sicker or died from getting the vaccines, if people like some on this site deny that then it is quite obvious who they listen to. How can anyone question why someone chooses not to get an experimental vaccine and not understand their trepidation?

as far as ignoring the flak, only way I see certain flak is when you quote him. been years since I listen to the spew from someone of that caliber pun intended
Really where do you get your facts? The vaccine is FDA approved, it’s far from some experimental drug and “plenty” of examples of people getting really sick and dying, the percentage of serious health issues or deaths from the vaccine is minuscule when you factor in the millions who have been vaccinated. Over 900,000 dead and that’s with the high vaccination numbers we have now, records indicate the unvaccinated are ten times likely to die of Covid. If we didn’t have the ability to come up with this vaccine, what death toll are you comfortable with to get to that herd immunity, would that be 1-2 million and how many much more deadly variants might have developed along the way?
Old 02-06-2022, 03:49 PM   #437
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

Really where do you get your facts? The vaccine is FDA approved
"One of the most significant ways the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates drug safety is through recalls. When an approved drug is later found to have significant health risks or potential for harm, the FDA is obligated to take action to protect public health. "
Old 02-06-2022, 03:56 PM   #438
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"One of the most significant ways the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates drug safety is through recalls. When an approved drug is later found to have significant health risks or potential for harm, the FDA is obligated to take action to protect public health. "
where do you get your facts?
Old 02-06-2022, 03:57 PM   #439
scottw

Quote:

records indicate the unvaccinated are ten times likely to die of Covid.
this is a misleading statement...
Old 02-06-2022, 04:26 PM   #440
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Thanks #^&#^&#^&#^& Tracy, are you in the loop are they recalling the vaccine, please impress us once more.
Old 02-06-2022, 04:30 PM   #441
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Rewind, no vaccine anywhere, no lockdown in any country and you have the makings of a great sci-fi movie.
Old 02-06-2022, 04:33 PM   #442
Jim in CT

Quote:
Rewind, no vaccine anywhere, no lockdown in any country and you have the makings of a great sci-fi movie.
johns hopkins says the lockdowns didn’t do much. but you know better then the scientists at john’s hopkins.
Old 02-06-2022, 05:21 PM   #443
wdmso

Quote:
johns hopkins says the lockdowns didn’t do much. but you know better then the scientists at john’s hopkins.

1 study ! Was it peer reviewed? and as if on cue the conspiracy hats go on .. Typical nonsense you people are like a drowning victim you latch on to what you think will safe you

It’s sad but comical
Old 02-06-2022, 07:48 PM   #444
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
1 study ! Was it peer reviewed? and as if on cue the conspiracy hats go on .. Typical nonsense you people are like a drowning victim you latch on to what you think will safe you

It’s sad but comical
one study by john’s hopkins, which all the places you get your news from, won’t touch.z

you make up a quote, put it in quotes, claim it’s from “the base”. and the clown who does that, can pooh pooh a study by john’s hopkins university. more accurately i guess,,work by some folks at the university, not official university policy.

wdmso, if lockdowns worked, then states that kicked down would have the lowest death rates. they don’t.

explain that.

here’s a free hint, you can’t explain it away with fabricating a fake quote.

Florida has the nations second-highest elderly population, and they didn’t lock down as severely as many states. Why isn’t their death toll the highest in the nation by far? it’s a disease that targets the elderly.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-06-2022 at 07:56 PM..
Old 02-07-2022, 05:58 AM   #445
Pete F.
Canceled

Vermont did lock down, has an elderly population that’s within one percent of Floriduh’s and has one of the lowest Covid death rates and is recovering very well economically.

More people have died from Covid in Floriduh than any states other than California and Texas

Great Job DeathSantis
Old 02-07-2022, 06:23 AM   #446
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Vermont did lock down, has an elderly population that’s within one percent of Floriduh’s and has one of the lowest Covid death rates and is recovering very well economically.

More people have died from Covid in Floriduh than any states other than California and Texas

Great Job DeathSantis
i think i NY is a slightly more apples to apples comparison of size and population?

We all know why you picked VT.

VT also has school
choice. You support that?
Old 02-07-2022, 06:30 AM   #447
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i think i NY is a slightly more apples to apples comparison of size and population?

We all know why you picked VT.

VT also has school
choice. You support that?
Floriduh has been doing worse than NYS for a long time

No

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-07-2022, 06:50 AM   #448
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
So... One faculty was from John Hopkins, that doesn't mean 'John Hopkins Says'. Also, note the authors were economists, not public health professionals, epidemiologists, virologists etc... That doesn't invalidate it but I would have liked to see a more diverse background of authors on a meta analysis of this type...

So, then why is this one (flawed) meta analysis is making the rounds today as the proof that lock downs didn't work....

A "Meta Analysis" that used 34 studies (out of the thousands that have been done) examining these approaches to the mandates.

A meta analysis that limited studies so they were only by economists, political scientists AND NOT epidemiologists, virologists and other public health backgrounds.

A meta analysis that lumped 'lock downs' to include almost any mandate (masking, capacity limits, restaurants closing early etc..) and also not 'when' these 'lock downs' were implemented

Now why would these authors of this meta analysis (and yes, I keep restating the type of study for a reason) limit it to those few studies and lump everything together as a 'lock down'...

Perhaps to get the answer the study authors wanted?

And perhaps it is making the rounds this week because of confirmation bias?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 02-07-2022, 07:15 AM   #449
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Great Job DeathSantis

worldometer current

New York is 6th in deaths per million pop.
Florida is 18th

total deaths

California 81.428
Texas 81.028
New York 66,157
Florida 66,007

you are such a dishonest clown...what is your nickname for the death capitol governor of California?
Old 02-07-2022, 07:18 AM   #450
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

Now why would these authors of this meta analysis (and yes, I keep restating the type of study for a reason) limit it to those few studies and lump everything together as a 'lock down'...
probably like calling every death a covid death even if someone died from something else but happened to have covid