Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-25-2022, 10:10 AM   #31
Jim in CT

and wdmso, i’ll say this, when Sesantis started lifting lockdowns and opening up, i thought he was insane.

it it turns out we were a lot more ruthless in ourselves than we needed to be. Which required us to spend trillions, to undo the damage if the unnecessary lockdowns, which exacerbated inflation.

we did a lot of this to ourselves.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-25-2022, 01:21 PM   #32
wdmso

990K Have died from Covid

turns out we were a lot more ruthless in ourselves than we needed to be.

Hind sight is always 20/20

And it’s irresponsible to suggest we did to much we have no metric to compare if we did nothing

Conservatives use the same arguments with global warming

For some reason their against trying anything that might help solar. And wind are COVID’s masks and lockdowns

Even the mayo stated face masks help slow the spread of the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)? Yes. Face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as getting vaccinated, frequent hand-washing and physical distancing, can help slow the spread of the virus

Many conservatives and some liberals can’t seem to accept evolving science .. it just re enforces their conspiracy’s

As if since masks or the vaccine isn’t 100% 100% of the time it’s pointless I don’t understand that logic

Yet these same people say Disney are grooming children.. their is never any credible evidence to support the outrageous suggestion . Is a meme and that’s it. Case closed

I get it masks are inconvenient so is the RMV TSA . But life threatening or life altering .. not even close

Same for school closings tornado or hurricane wipes out your Town guess what it takes time to get those kids and their families back to normal it under stood something terrible happened..

Yet with Covid people don’t have that same view. It was wtf school my Aka baby sitter is closed and now I have to deal with my children WTF are you kidding me..
That’s the parents rights they wanted. Their baby sitter back
CRT trans masks that’s all a smoke screen

Right or wrong? Just how I see it
Old 04-25-2022, 01:52 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
990K Have died from Covid

turns out we were a lot more ruthless in ourselves than we needed to be.

Hind sight is always 20/20

And it’s irresponsible to suggest we did to much we have no metric to compare if we did nothing

Conservatives use the same arguments with global warming

For some reason their against trying anything that might help solar. And wind are COVID’s masks and lockdowns

Even the mayo stated face masks help slow the spread of the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)? Yes. Face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as getting vaccinated, frequent hand-washing and physical distancing, can help slow the spread of the virus

Many conservatives and some liberals can’t seem to accept evolving science .. it just re enforces their conspiracy’s

As if since masks or the vaccine isn’t 100% 100% of the time it’s pointless I don’t understand that logic

Yet these same people say Disney are grooming children.. their is never any credible evidence to support the outrageous suggestion . Is a meme and that’s it. Case closed

I get it masks are inconvenient so is the RMV TSA . But life threatening or life altering .. not even close

Same for school closings tornado or hurricane wipes out your Town guess what it takes time to get those kids and their families back to normal it under stood something terrible happened..

Yet with Covid people don’t have that same view. It was wtf school my Aka baby sitter is closed and now I have to deal with my children WTF are you kidding me..
That’s the parents rights they wanted. Their baby sitter back

Right or wrong? Just how I see it
"990K Have died from Covid "

There you go again, I have no idea what you're responding to, or what your point is. I didn't deny that covid was a disaster.

Here is my point, and it's a valid point...if we left our economy open, and let our kids stay in school, didn't force our citizenry into isolation that's done enormous psychological damage...if we hadn't done all that, there's no reason to believe many more would have died. The places that had the strictest lockdowns, didn't always fare a lot better than places that stayed more open.

"Hind sight is always 20/20 "

I agree, which is why I said I thought Desantis was crazy when he opened up. I said that at the time. Turns out, he was analyzing "the science" a whole lot better than Gov Cuomo, who had book deals and Hollywood awards tossed at his feet.

"And it’s irresponsible to suggest we did to much we have no metric to compare if we did nothing"

Wrong. It's irresponsible NOT to suggest that.

We took kids out of school, forced them into isolation, forced millions out of business and onto welfare, with almost no evidence that it did much good. And any good it did do, has to be weighed against the surge in suicide, crime, drugs, people seeking emergency mental health services. God only knows the damage we did.

But you say it's reckless to look back and see what we could have done better. That's just brilliant Wayne. I notice that "logic" doesn't stop you guys from bashing Trump as failing on covid. So it's only reckless to analyze Biden's job performance, I guess.

"Conservatives use the same arguments with global warming"

No they don't. We haven't shut down our economy and kept kids out of school over global warming.

"Even the mayo stated face masks help slow the spread of the virus"

I have always said masks probably help. I'm talking about large-scale lockdowns. Masks and closing millions of businesses are different.

And I'm sorry, but there is no universe where it makes sense to say that BLM riots are OK but going to church isn't.

"It was wtf school my Aka baby sitter is closed and now I have to deal with my children WTF are you kidding me.. "

No, that's not what it was. It's that they got no education for 18 months, at least the kids in public schools. The private schools did way, way better.

Maybe in your circles, school is only seen as a way for parents to get away from their kids. I wouldn't be surprised if you and your buddies view school that way.

But rational people view school as a place where little kids grow and socialize, and where all kids learn and are helped on the path to fulfill their dreams. We derailed that. And we now know, we did it for no good reason. And blue states did it longer than red states, because they are owned by the teachers unions.

You seem to be preoccupied with saying WTF a lot.

No it's not. I posted links to books with photos of boys blowing each other, a video of a parent reading from a required book and the school board admitting the language was inappropriate for kids to hear.

You can't accept any fact which paints liberals in a negative light. You're too much of a simpleton.
Old 04-25-2022, 08:27 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

I’m expecting the “rational people”
to call for public stoning “because it says so in the Bible”
I’m sure they’ll be ok with Muslims leading the after game prayer 🙏

🤡
Old 04-26-2022, 11:59 AM   #35
wdmso

Now in Fla

petitions sent to public school superintendents across the state, Chaz Stevens asked the districts to "immediately remove the Bible from the classroom, library, and any instructional material," Stevens wrote in the documents, which were shared with NPR. "Additionally, I also seek the banishment of any book that references the Bible."

His petitions cited a bill signed into law last month by Gov. Ron DeSantis, which lets parents object to educational materials. That bill came about after some parents complained about sexually explicit books being taught in Florida schools.
Old 04-26-2022, 12:44 PM   #36
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I’m expecting the “rational people”
to call for public stoning “because it says so in the Bible”
I’m sure they’ll be ok with Muslims leading the after game prayer 🙏

🤡
I expect irrational people to say irrational things.
Old 04-26-2022, 04:56 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Now in Fla

petitions sent to public school superintendents across the state, Chaz Stevens asked the districts to "immediately remove the Bible from the classroom, library, and any instructional material," Stevens wrote in the documents, which were shared with NPR. "Additionally, I also seek the banishment of any book that references the Bible."

His petitions cited a bill signed into law last month by Gov. Ron DeSantis, which lets parents object to educational materials. That bill came about after some parents complained about sexually explicit books being taught in Florida schools.
sounds like chaz is your kind of guy.

if a town wants to ban the bible ( all religious books, more accurately), they can. that’s how democracy works.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-26-2022 at 05:46 PM..
Old 04-26-2022, 05:46 PM   #38
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
sounds like chaz is your kind of guy

the bible was the inspiration for founding this country, for ending slavery, and ending segregation.

books with photos of young boys blowing each other, not so much. .
Sorry Jim can’t haven’t both ways but trying is a conservative virtue

Chaz is just playing the cards the Republicans dealt him and you don’t like the irony not surprised
Old 04-26-2022, 05:49 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sorry Jim can’t haven’t both ways but trying is a conservative virtue

Chaz is just playing the cards the Republicans dealt him and you don’t like the irony not surprised
how am i trying to have it both ways? i said if people
want it banned, it can be banned. how can i be any more consistent?

your hero Chaz identifies as. “an archbishop of the church of mars. “. that’s not crazy

again, your kind of guy.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:12 PM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
how am i trying to have it both ways? i said if people
want it banned, it can be banned. how can i be any more consistent?

your hero Chaz identifies as. “an archbishop of the church of mars. “. that’s not crazy

again, your kind of guy.
#^&#^&#^&#^&ty people tend to assume everyone is as #^&#^&#^&#^&ty as them, and would do the same #^&#^&#^&#^&ty things if they had the chance. Or are doing the same #^&#^&#^&#^&ty things already. It makes it much easier to avoid any guilt over being #^&#^&#^&#^&ty.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin