Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-07-2021, 08:26 AM   #121
wdmso

Rep. Devin Nunes is resigning from Congress to be CEO of Trump's new media company

Integrity clearly not a job requirement
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-07-2021, 08:57 AM   #122
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Wow you are completely detached from reality.. you convince yourself Abrams insist the election was stolen , yet she clearly conceded who won and now you suggest no conservatives of real influence every said don’t get vaccinated

Seems you are out of touch where conservatives get their info and whom they consider influential

Phil Valentine, a prominent Tennessee rightwing talk radio host, had released a song called Vaxman, an anti-Covid vaccination ditty based on the Beatles track Taxman.

Marc Bernier, a host in Daytona Beach, Florida, had declared himself “Mr Anti-Vax”. #^&#^&#^&#^& Farrel, also from Florida, urged his listeners not to get vaccinated, and Jimmy DeYoung asked on air whether the vaccine could be a “form of government control of the people”.

All four men died in August of coronavirus. A fifth conservative radio host, Bob Enyart, died on 13 September, weeks after he told his listeners to boycott vaccines that were “immorally developed”.

Jim Jordan says 'real America is done with Covid.

Trump's White House doctor calls omicron a midterm elections trick
“Here comes the MEV - the Midterm Election Variant!” Ronny Jackson tweeted Saturday.

Seems Jim and Scott don’t do many internet searches

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...ne-poll-finds/

Republicans have consistently told pollsters they’re not planning to be vaccinated —

Tucker Members and staffers would be required to get a shot that the CDC told us today doesn’t work very well and, by the way, whose long-term effects cannot be known.” (The CDC did not say this.)

Carlson’s Facebook followers commented eagerly on the video clip, spreading unfounded fears about vaccination among themselves. “Completely disappointed in our government, don’t believe a word they speak! Will not get the shot!” one person wrote. Together, Carlson and his viewers are a placenta and embryo, gestating dangerous ideas and keeping the pandemic alive.

Republican senator was booed and catcalled when he told a party audience in South Carolina to think about getting a vaccine against Covid-19.

It was Lindsey Graham

Then you have ivermectin

Fox News host Laura Ingraham, who pitched the drug long before many in conservative media or even on Fox itself joined her.
On Dec. 1, Ingraham welcomed a doctor who had advised Trump and claimed social distancing and quarantining don’t work

Chairman Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) hosted a controversial hearing featuring, among his witnesses, two doctors who advocated for ivermectin. Johnson claimed at the hearing that the information his witnesses provided was being censored on social media.
That was kibble for conservative media. The next day, Ingraham floated a conspiracy theory that rears its head to this day: the idea that drugs like ivermectin are being suppressed as coronavirus treatments because they are too cheap — or even that they would jeopardize the emergency approvals of the vaccines.

NPR looked at deaths per 100,000 people in roughly 3,000 counties across the U.S. from May 2021, the point at which vaccinations widely became available. People living in counties that went 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.78 times the death rates of those that went for Biden. Counties with an even higher share of the vote for Trump saw higher COVID-19 mortality rates.

Statistics don’t lie

Inside the growing alliance between anti-vaccine activists and pro-Trump Republicans

There are examples after examples of why Republicans won’t get vaccinated..

59 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents say that believing Trump won the 2020 election is "important" to being a Republican⁠

These are the same core supporters who are more than likely to be against vaccines… and it’s not based in any factual reality..

Yet Jim’s introduced Race with what about blacks
When honestly the topic is about Republicans ( some whom are actually black or have a PHD or both). In an effort to defend a party that no longer exist as it once did

So here’s a question to anyone

If there isn’t anyone of real influence on the right telling people
not to get vaccinated.

Then who what or where is this moment rooted ?

Add Scott and Trumps idiot son in a recent conference states republicans just want to be left alone. I have no doubt the percentage of republicans believing Trump won are closely aligned with vaccine hesitancy.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:00 AM   #123
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Rep. Devin Nunes is resigning from Congress to be CEO of Trump's new media company

Integrity clearly not a job requirement
What catchy name will he use, maybe the “truth network”, if we have learned anything, Trump is very good at setting up a new money grab.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:05 AM   #124
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wow you are completely detached from reality.. you convince yourself Abrams insist the election was stolen , yet she clearly conceded who won and now you suggest no conservatives of real influence every said don’t get vaccinated

Seems you are out of touch where conservatives get their info and whom they consider influential

Phil Valentine, a prominent Tennessee rightwing talk radio host, had released a song called Vaxman, an anti-Covid vaccination ditty based on the Beatles track Taxman.

Marc Bernier, a host in Daytona Beach, Florida, had declared himself “Mr Anti-Vax”. #^&#^&#^&#^& Farrel, also from Florida, urged his listeners not to get vaccinated, and Jimmy DeYoung asked on air whether the vaccine could be a “form of government control of the people”.

All four men died in August of coronavirus. A fifth conservative radio host, Bob Enyart, died on 13 September, weeks after he told his listeners to boycott vaccines that were “immorally developed”.

Jim Jordan says 'real America is done with Covid.

Trump's White House doctor calls omicron a midterm elections trick
“Here comes the MEV - the Midterm Election Variant!” Ronny Jackson tweeted Saturday.

Seems Jim and Scott don’t do many internet searches

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...ne-poll-finds/

Republicans have consistently told pollsters they’re not planning to be vaccinated —

Tucker Members and staffers would be required to get a shot that the CDC told us today doesn’t work very well and, by the way, whose long-term effects cannot be known.” (The CDC did not say this.)

Carlson’s Facebook followers commented eagerly on the video clip, spreading unfounded fears about vaccination among themselves. “Completely disappointed in our government, don’t believe a word they speak! Will not get the shot!” one person wrote. Together, Carlson and his viewers are a placenta and embryo, gestating dangerous ideas and keeping the pandemic alive.

Republican senator was booed and catcalled when he told a party audience in South Carolina to think about getting a vaccine against Covid-19.

It was Lindsey Graham

Then you have ivermectin

Fox News host Laura Ingraham, who pitched the drug long before many in conservative media or even on Fox itself joined her.
On Dec. 1, Ingraham welcomed a doctor who had advised Trump and claimed social distancing and quarantining don’t work

Chairman Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) hosted a controversial hearing featuring, among his witnesses, two doctors who advocated for ivermectin. Johnson claimed at the hearing that the information his witnesses provided was being censored on social media.
That was kibble for conservative media. The next day, Ingraham floated a conspiracy theory that rears its head to this day: the idea that drugs like ivermectin are being suppressed as coronavirus treatments because they are too cheap — or even that they would jeopardize the emergency approvals of the vaccines.

NPR looked at deaths per 100,000 people in roughly 3,000 counties across the U.S. from May 2021, the point at which vaccinations widely became available. People living in counties that went 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.78 times the death rates of those that went for Biden. Counties with an even higher share of the vote for Trump saw higher COVID-19 mortality rates.

Statistics don’t lie

Inside the growing alliance between anti-vaccine activists and pro-Trump Republicans

There are examples after examples of why Republicans won’t get vaccinated..

59 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents say that believing Trump won the 2020 election is "important" to being a Republican⁠

These are the same core supporters who are more than likely to be against vaccines… and it’s not based in any factual reality..

Yet Jim’s introduced Race with what about blacks
When honestly the topic is about Republicans ( some whom are actually black or have a PHD or both). In an effort to defend a party that no longer exist as it once did

So here’s a question to anyone

If there isn’t anyone of real influence on the right telling people
not to get vaccinated.

Then who what or where is this moment rooted ?

"Yet Jim’s introduced Race with what about blacks
When honestly the topic is about Republicans "

If blacks have the very lowest vaccination rate, I wonder why that's not an issue for you? Why don't you care about that?

I sit because you only care about blacks when there's political benefit to caring?

As I said, it's very very telling that none of you will touch that with a ten foot pole.

You go on and on and on about how stupid it is for large Republicans to not be vaccinated (and I agree with that). But when I bring up similarly low vaccination rates among a group that your side claims to care bout, you can't change the subject fast enough.

"Phil Valentine, a prominent Tennessee rightwing talk radio host"

Neither you nor I have ever heard of him. What happened to the podcaster birch tree?

"Marc Bernier, a host in Daytona Beach, Florida, had declared himself “Mr Anti-Vax”. #^&#^&#^&#^& Farrel, also from Florida, urged his listeners not to get vaccinated, and Jimmy DeYoung asked on air whether "

Neither you nor I have ever heard of them.

WDMSO, you want to prove that there are nutjobs out there, I concede that. But they have no influence. And they exist on both sides.

Who are blacks listening to? I'm sincerely curious. You are terrified of discussing that.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:13 AM   #125
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

If blacks have the very lowest vaccination rate, I wonder why that's not an issue for you? Why don't you care about that?

I sit because you only care about blacks when there's political benefit to caring?

As I said, it's very very telling that none of you will touch that with a ten foot pole.

You go on and on and on about how stupid it is for large Republicans to not be vaccinated (and I agree with that). But when I bring up similarly low vaccination rates among a group that your side claims to care bout, you can't change the subject fast enough.

Neither you nor I have ever heard of him. What happened to the podcaster birch tree?

"Marc Bernier, a host in Daytona Beach, Florida, had declared himself “Mr Anti-Vax”. #^&#^&#^&#^& Farrel, also from Florida, urged his listeners not to get vaccinated, and Jimmy DeYoung asked on air whether "

WDMSO, you want to prove that there are nutjobs out there, I concede that. But they have no influence. And they exist on both sides.

Who are blacks listening to? I'm sincerely curious. You are terrified of discussing that.
Jim unless your in the group of anti vaccination we all should be concerned about any population that refuses to get vaccinated. Unlike the far right Trump still is president republicans who won’t get the shot due to miss information, do you think the black experience with government and testing might have something to do with it. Put yourself in an older black mans shoes with the horrific history his eyes have witnessed and listen to the stories of what has happened to his community at the hands of the government and maybe you have your answer. Or they are just dumb arse republicans.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:25 AM   #126
scottw

Quote:

Wow you are completely detached from reality..

Seems you are out of touch where conservatives get their info

Phil Valentine,

Marc Bernier,

#^&#^&#^&#^& Farrel,

Jimmy DeYoung

whotf??????
Old 12-07-2021, 09:26 AM   #127
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

Jim unless your in the group of

I knew it couldn't last....
Old 12-07-2021, 09:27 AM   #128
Jim in CT

Quote:
Statistics don’t lie

From the guy who says the reason why 64% of blacks aren't vaccinated, is because they're republicans. You're saying almost two-thirds of blacks are republicans.

You also are denying that Stacey Abrams said her election was stolen, after I posted vide of her saying precisely that.

And you accuse others of willfully ignoring truth.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:28 AM   #129
Jim in CT

Quote:
do you think the black experience with government and testing might have something to do with it. Put yourself in an older black mans shoes with the horrific history his eyes have witnessed and listen to the stories of what has happened to his community at the hands of the government and maybe you have your answer. Or they are just dumb arse republicans.
I have no idea. I just wish their numbers were higher.

But you offered a realistic, logical reason that might be behind it.

"Or they are just dumb arse republicans"

or that.

was it the republicans or the democrats, who held andrew cuomo up as the “gold standard” of managing covid, when he forced nursing homes to admit residents who tested positive for a disease which we all knew would target the elderly?

the government, all government on both sides, performed poorly with covid.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:34 AM   #130
scottw

Quote:

Jim unless your in the group of anti vaccination we all should be concerned about any population that refuses to get vaccinated.

I'm vaccinated, I don't care if someone else is vaccinated or not, I work with people who aren't vaccinated, I don't feel threatened by them, I don't give them dirty looks or criticize them either to their faces or behind their backs because they aren't vaccinated, I don't think they are stupid, they are actually very smart and informed and have made a personal choice...

but carry on vax nazi....
Old 12-07-2021, 09:56 AM   #131
Pete F.
Canceled

Viruses don’t care about your color, politics or really anything at all.
All they want is a host.
They mutate as a matter of course, rates depending on the particular virus.
The more virus, the better the odds of mutation.
So unfortunately while I could just say T&P for the unvaccinated, they do by some amount endanger the rest of us.
More than lots of other things people are claiming they are afraid of
Old 12-07-2021, 10:02 AM   #132
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
All they want is a host.
So unfortunately while I could just say T&P for the unvaccinated, they do by some amount endanger the rest of us.
seems like all of the omicron is riding into the country on fully vaccinated hosts...

these people are a danger to us all...
Old 12-07-2021, 10:07 AM   #133
wdmso

Quote:

topic is about Republicans "

I sit because you only care about blacks when there's political benefit to caring? AGAIN NOT THE TOPIC

As I said, it's very very telling that none of you will touch that with a ten foot pole. AGAIN NOT THE TOPIC JUST YOU TRYING TO DEFLECT FROM THE TOPIC

AGAIN NOT THE TOPIC BUT KEEP TRYING

SO BECAUSE YOU NEVER HEARD OF THEM THEY ARE NOT INFLUENTIAL REPUBLICANS ? IS THAT YOUR SUGGESTION

AGAIN THE BOTH SIDES ARGUMENT

AND AGAIN NOT THE TOPIC BUT YOU KEEP TRYING
Old 12-07-2021, 10:10 AM   #134
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
seems like all of the omicron is riding into the country on fully vaccinated hosts...

You’re spreading misinformation
While you find it comical, it’s actually the opposite
Omicron was discovered by SA immunologists several weeks ago and both vaccinated and unvaccinated have been diagnosed as positive.
The data is not complete enough yet to determine the efficacy of the various vaccines.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-07-2021, 10:12 AM   #135
Jim in CT

Quote:
AND AGAIN NOT THE TOPIC BUT YOU KEEP TRYING
all you can say is “not the topic”.

wdmso: republicans have low vaccination rates, they are stupid and they are the problem.

jim: blacks have very low vaccination rates.

wdmso: (sticks fingers in his ears), “that’s not the topic!!! la la la la la!!!”

you can only admit, process, and discuss topics which serve your agenda.

“Stacey Abrams never said her election was stolen. And besides, even if she did say it, she’s right it was stolen, and you’re a racist for questioning her. And no one in Georgia believes it was stolen, even though Abrams and I both believe it. “. Your words Wayne.

The first topic for you, should be electric shock therapy.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:13 AM   #136
wdmso

Quote:
From the guy who says the reason why 64% of blacks aren't vaccinated, JIM PLEASE POST SOME EVIDENCE FOR YOUR CLAIM YOUR MAKING THINGS UP AGAIN is because they're republicans. You're saying almost two-thirds of blacks are republicans.

You also are denying that Stacey Abrams said her election was stolen, after I posted vide of her saying precisely that.

AGAIN YOU PASS OVER THE CONTEX OF THE STATEMENT AND HER CONCEDING THAT KEMP WON , SO AS TO SUGGEST SHES THE SAME AS TRUMP

And you accuse others of willfully ignoring truth.
NO JIM YOU TRY TO MANUFACTURE THE TRUTH WITH A SINGLE SOUND BYTE THATS WHAT INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST LOOKS LIKE
Old 12-07-2021, 10:16 AM   #137
wdmso

Quote:
all you can say is “not the topic”.

wdmso: republicans have low vaccination rates, they are stupid and they are the problem.

jim: blacks have very low vaccination rates.

wdmso: (sticks fingers in his ears), “that’s not the topic!!! la la la la la!!!”

you can only admit, process, and discuss topics which serve your agenda.

“Stacey Abrams never said her election was stolen. And besides, even if she did say it, she’s right it was stolen, and you’re a racist for questioning her. And no one in Georgia believes it was stolen, even though Abrams and I both believe it. “. Your words Wayne.

The first topic for you, should be electric shock therapy.
THE TOPIC IS REPUBLICAN LOVE AFFAIR WITH MISINFORMATION

JIMS RESPONSE WHAT LOVE AFFAIR WITH MISINFORMATION AND WHAT ABOUT THOSE BLACKS
Old 12-07-2021, 10:27 AM   #138
Jim in CT

Quote:
THE TOPIC IS REPUBLICAN LOVE AFFAIR WITH MISINFORMATION

JIMS RESPONSE WHAT LOVE AFFAIR WITH MISINFORMATION AND WHAT ABOUT THOSE BLACKS
with the vaccines, republicans have a serious issue with truth, you’re right.

but blacks appear to have the same issue. you can’t agree with that ( even though you said statistics don’t lie 5 minutes ago), because it doesn’t help you politically.

Using capital letters, doesn’t make up for having a losing position.

you’re saying that i’m in denial that the gop has stupidly low vaccination rates. i never denied that, never came close to denying that, i agree with you 100%. again i’m not sure you know how to read.

you’re responding to an argument that i’m not making.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-07-2021 at 10:36 AM..
Old 12-07-2021, 10:49 AM   #139
scottw

Quote:
Omicron was discovered by SA immunologists several weeks ago and both vaccinated and unvaccinated have been diagnosed as positive.
The data is not complete enough yet to determine the efficacy of the various vaccines.
that's not what I wrote idiot
Old 12-07-2021, 12:50 PM   #140
wdmso

Quote:
with the vaccines, republicans have a serious issue with truth, you’re right.

but blacks appear to have the same issue. you can’t agree with that ( even though you said statistics don’t lie 5 minutes ago), because it doesn’t help you politically.

Using capital letters, doesn’t make up for having a losing position.

you’re saying that i’m in denial that the gop has stupidly low vaccination rates. i never denied that, never came close to denying that, i agree with you 100%. again i’m not sure you know how to read.

you’re responding to an argument that i’m not making.
Caps were on I was just to lazy to change them.. sorry
your not making any argument that’s obvious . Hence the suggestion your denial of the Topic

Republicans have a problem with the Truth ? Took how many pages to make that statement

FYI blacks have low vaccines rates but for complete different reasons this is where we and the data differ
Old 12-07-2021, 12:58 PM   #141
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I'm vaccinated, I don't care if someone else is vaccinated or not, I work with people who aren't vaccinated, I don't feel threatened by them, I don't give them dirty looks or criticize them either to their faces or behind their backs because they aren't vaccinated, I don't think they are stupid, they are actually very smart and informed and have made a personal choice...

but carry on vax nazi....
Quote:
All they want is a host.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
that's not what I wrote idiot
It's what you wrote

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-07-2021, 01:15 PM   #142
scottw

Quote:
It's what you wrote
the vaccinated are carrying and distributing the various variants...that makes them a danger to all of us ....what should we do with these people???

I'm not afraid...you should be...

if you read through the stories of states where omicron has show up, in most cases it appears to have been transported there by fully vaccinated hosts that had travelled
Old 12-07-2021, 01:17 PM   #143
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
the vaccinated are carrying and distributing the various variants...that makes them a danger to all of us ....what should we do with these people???

I'm not afraid...you should be...

if you read through the stories of states where omicron has show up, in most cases it appears to have been transported there by fully vaccinated hosts that had travelled
The trouble is your narrative is based on "stories"

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-07-2021, 02:31 PM   #144
scottw

Quote:
The trouble is your narrative is based on "stories"
if it was being transported there by the unvaccinated I'm sure they would be trumpeting that
Old 12-07-2021, 07:34 PM   #145
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
if it was being transported there by the unvaccinated I'm sure they would be trumpeting that
Ok, another Stable Genius

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-09-2021, 04:21 PM   #146
scottw

damn trumplicans are out of control in europe again..
Old 12-09-2021, 04:55 PM   #147
Pete F.
Canceled

Is this what you’re referring to?

The United States is imposing sanctions on 16 individuals and 24 entities connected to transnational organized crime activities in Europe and the Western Hemisphere. It is a national security priority to combat corruption, which facilitates transnational organized crime.
Old 12-09-2021, 07:59 PM   #148
wdmso

Trump 30 Top Failures:

1.Trump failed Insurrection
2.Trump promised infrastructure deal{ never happened}
3.Trump Border Wall {never fully built & Mexico never paid}
4.Trump promised troop pullout from Afghanistan {never happened}
5.Trump COVID response
6.Trump entire Presidency {ranks 41 out of 44}
7.Trump Marriages & children
8.Trump BLOG {lasted 29 days!}
9.Trump’s Toupee
10. Trump Foundation
11. Trump Airlines
12. Trump Cologne
13. Trump Travel
14. Trump TWITTER and FACEBOOK accounts
15. Trump Vodka
16. Trump Mortgage
17. Trump: The Game
18. Trump Magazine
19. Trump University
20. Trump Ice
21. The New Jersey Generals
22. Tour de Trump
23. Trump Network
24. Trumped!
25. Trump Taj Mahal
26. Trump’s Castle
27. Trump Plaza Casinos
28. Trump Plaza Hotel
29. Trump Hotels and Casinos Resorts
30.Trump Entertainment Resorts

That about sums it up
Old 12-09-2021, 08:37 PM   #149
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump 30 Top Failures:

1.Trump failed Insurrection
2.Trump promised infrastructure deal{ never happened}
3.Trump Border Wall {never fully built & Mexico never paid}
4.Trump promised troop pullout from Afghanistan {never happened}
5.Trump COVID response
6.Trump entire Presidency {ranks 41 out of 44}
7.Trump Marriages & children
8.Trump BLOG {lasted 29 days!}
9.Trump’s Toupee
10. Trump Foundation
11. Trump Airlines
12. Trump Cologne
13. Trump Travel
14. Trump TWITTER and FACEBOOK accounts
15. Trump Vodka
16. Trump Mortgage
17. Trump: The Game
18. Trump Magazine
19. Trump University
20. Trump Ice
21. The New Jersey Generals
22. Tour de Trump
23. Trump Network
24. Trumped!
25. Trump Taj Mahal
26. Trump’s Castle
27. Trump Plaza Casinos
28. Trump Plaza Hotel
29. Trump Hotels and Casinos Resorts
30.Trump Entertainment Resorts

That about sums it up
you trumps covid response failed.

ok.

biden inherited an infastructure where a million people a day were getting vaccinated. yet 2021 deaths, before december 1, were already higher than 2020. Deaths are increasing.

so how would you say biden’s covid response isn’t a failure? more deaths isn’t worse than fewer deaths?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-10-2021 at 07:21 AM..
Old 12-10-2021, 02:04 AM   #150
scottw

(CNN)Joe Biden's presidential campaign was built on two pillars -- "I'm going to shut down the virus" and I am not Donald Trump. He is failing on both promises, as Covid rages and Biden's behavior more and more mirrors his predecessor's.