Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-21-2021, 09:12 PM   #1
wdmso

Staggering COVID-19 Statistic: 98% to 99% of Americans Dying are Unvaccinated

And we all know why but But its Bidens fault

The KFF poll, conducted December 15 to 20 among 1,065 U.S. adults, found 87% of unvaccinated respondents say news about the omicron variant makes them no more likely to get vaccinated, while 12% say it makes them more likely.

Among vaccinated respondents, 54% said omicron makes them more likely to get a booster shot.

While 49% of all adults say they’re now at least somewhat worried they’ll get “seriously sick from the coronavirus”—up from 30% in November—only 42% of the unvaccinated say they’re concerned, versus 52% of vaccinated respondents.
Old 12-22-2021, 02:57 AM   #2
scottw

perhaps we should round them up and hold them down and inject them against their will.....
Old 12-22-2021, 08:12 AM   #3
Jim in CT

wdmso, i’m not disputing you, just curious, do you have a link to data showing that 98% of deaths are among unvaccinated? i can’t find anything that drastic.

got my booster yesterday.

unfortunately for biden, covid deaths are up on his watch, and you wouldn’t expect that because we had no vaccine for
most of the first year, and also because you’d expect the sickest people to die first. over time, we should be left with a healthier population.

i’m not saying the increased deaths are his fault. But it happened in his watch, and he’ll get some blame. George Bush had nothing to do with the subprime mortgage crisis, but it imploded on his watch, and everyone in the left blamed him for political gain.

That’s how it goes. Politics is a contact sport, as they say. There’s all kinds of time for Biden to turn it around. But covid ( not really his fault) and inflation ( somewhat his fault as he printed trillions of dollars) are just clobbering him, and he doesn’t really have the charisma to soothe peoples concerns.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-22-2021 at 08:21 AM..
Old 12-22-2021, 09:04 AM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
perhaps we should round them up and hold them down and inject them against their will.....
Why it’s not it’s as bad as the treatment they wanted to give to People who took a knee during the National Anthem .. and that wouldn’t kill anyone. LOL

Freedom to conservatives only ever apply to their choices
Old 12-22-2021, 09:12 AM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
wdmso, i’m not disputing you, just curious, do you have a link to data showing that 98% of deaths are among unvaccinated? i can’t find anything that drastic.

got my booster yesterday.

unfortunately for biden, covid deaths are up on his watch, and you wouldn’t expect that because we had no vaccine for
most of the first year, and also because you’d expect the sickest people to die first. over time, we should be left with a healthier population.

i’m not saying the increased deaths are his fault. But it happened in his watch, and he’ll get some blame. George Bush had nothing to do with the subprime mortgage crisis, but it imploded on his watch, and everyone in the left blamed him for political gain.

That’s how it goes. Politics is a contact sport, as they say. There’s all kinds of time for Biden to turn it around. But covid ( not really his fault) and inflation ( somewhat his fault as he printed trillions of dollars) are just clobbering him, and he doesn’t really have the charisma to soothe peoples concerns.
Funny 1st hit on my search?

https://medicalpartnership.usg.edu/c...-unvaccinated/

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...nalysis-finds/

This was based on 1 month

Like I said Americans want instant results with out doing the work ..

But let’s be honest it’s hard to row a boat to safety when one side reuses to use an oar , they that same side is complaining we aren’t getting anywhere, than blame the Captain ?
Old 12-22-2021, 09:25 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Funny 1st hit on my search?

https://medicalpartnership.usg.edu/c...-unvaccinated/

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...nalysis-finds/

This was based on 1 month

Like I said Americans want instant results with out doing the work ..

But let’s be honest it’s hard to row a boat to safety when one side reuses to use an oar , they that same side is complaining we aren’t getting anywhere, than blame the Captain ?
i did a search too and saw about 75% of deaths were among unvaccinated. i wasn’t doubting you.

blacks have low vaccination rates. which side are they on?
Old 12-22-2021, 09:37 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:

Quote:

Why it’s not it’s as bad as the treatment they wanted to give to People who took a knee during the National Anthem ..

wtf?
Old 12-22-2021, 09:39 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:

which side are they on?
some interesting stuff in here....

https://usafacts.org/articles/how-ma...8aArWWEALw_wcB
Old 12-22-2021, 10:17 AM   #9
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
blacks have low vaccination rates. which side are they on?
You love to beat that drum...
The rate is closing for the race disparity in vaccinations, FWIW.

From KFF.org today.
Racial disparities in vaccination rates have narrowed over time and have nearly closed for Hispanic people. Between November 29 and December 13, vaccination rates increased by 1.0 percentage points for Black people (from 50.3% to 51.3%), by 1.1 percentage points for Hispanic people (from 55.3% to 56.4%), and by 1.2 percentage points for Asian people (from 75.3% to 76.5%). In contrast, they remained roughly stable for White people (at 58%). Over the course of the vaccination rollout, differences between vaccination rates for Black, Hispanic, and White people have narrowed, and the gap between rates for White and Hispanic people has nearly closed. Between late April 2021, when most adults became eligible for vaccines across states, and December 13, 2021, the gap in vaccination rates between White and Black people fell from 14 percentage points (38% vs. 24%) to 7 percentage points (58% vs. 51%) while the difference between White and Hispanic vaccination rates decreased from 13 percentage points (38% vs. 25%) to two percentage points (58% vs. 56%)."

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-22-2021, 10:36 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
You love to beat that drum...
The rate is closing for the race disparity in vaccinations, FWIW.

From KFF.org today.
Racial disparities in vaccination rates have narrowed over time and have nearly closed for Hispanic people. Between November 29 and December 13, vaccination rates increased by 1.0 percentage points for Black people (from 50.3% to 51.3%), by 1.1 percentage points for Hispanic people (from 55.3% to 56.4%), and by 1.2 percentage points for Asian people (from 75.3% to 76.5%). In contrast, they remained roughly stable for White people (at 58%). Over the course of the vaccination rollout, differences between vaccination rates for Black, Hispanic, and White people have narrowed, and the gap between rates for White and Hispanic people has nearly closed. Between late April 2021, when most adults became eligible for vaccines across states, and December 13, 2021, the gap in vaccination rates between White and Black people fell from 14 percentage points (38% vs. 24%) to 7 percentage points (58% vs. 51%) while the difference between White and Hispanic vaccination rates decreased from 13 percentage points (38% vs. 25%) to two percentage points (58% vs. 56%)."
i don’t love to beat it, as i wish everyone was vaccinated.

but if you’re going to bash republicans for having low vaccination rates ( which is fair), you should acknowledge other demographics that also have low vaccination rates. unless all you really care about, is bashing republicans. which is obviously all that they care about. and maybe you’re in that group too, i didn’t use to think so.

“the rate is closing for race disparity.”

fine. but when that disparity was at its peak, none of the lefties here attacked blacks for having low rates, they only attacked republicans. you were among those who wouldn’t comment on it, even when that disparity was at its peak. i’m sure you did so for political
convenience. if not, what other reason is there?

so unless unvaccinated republicans pose a higher risk than unvaccinated blacks, it appears that the lefty outrage over the unvaccinated is selective and purely politically motivated, which necessarily means the outrage is fake.

I think everyone should get vaccinated. I think all of the unvaccinated ( not just those who vote differently than i do) are being selfish.l and stupid.

I really wish just one of you would
tell us what you’re afraid would happen, exactly, if you could be mildly critical of your own side when it’s warranted? Almost none of you can do it. It’s fascinating.
Old 12-22-2021, 11:34 AM   #11
scottw

it's amazing the obsession to classify everyone by political persuasion and color...I guess it serves a purpose

it will be interesting when they discover that the vaccine has "unintended" consequences and everyone tries to back away from it...probably blame trump for rushing a dangerous vaccine
Old 12-22-2021, 03:26 PM   #12
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
How many are vaccinated & boost shots and are dying of blood clots 🤔
Speaking from experience.
Both parents 2 shots and booster shot.
Week after booster shot mother is in ICU with blockages.
A few more stays in the hospital and being told there’s nothing that can be done she’s send home with hospice & lots of morphine that my sister gives to her.
Thought yesterday was the day as it was a bad one but will be any day now.
But on the bright side, as of next month government sends out 1 les SS check & Medicare covers 1 less drain on their system.
Old 12-22-2021, 04:01 PM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
it's amazing the obsession to classify everyone by political persuasion and color...I guess it serves a purpose

it will be interesting when they discover that the vaccine has "unintended" consequences and everyone tries to back away from it...probably blame trump for rushing a dangerous vaccine
A conservatives favored outcome
when they discover that the vaccine has "unintended" consequences

Classic

PS when the Majority of the unvaccinated belong to a political persuasion and color..

How is that a lie or an obsession
Old 12-22-2021, 05:55 PM   #14
Nebe

NATURAL SELECTION
Old 12-22-2021, 06:12 PM   #15
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
How many are vaccinated & boost shots and are dying of blood clots 🤔
Speaking from experience.
Both parents 2 shots and booster shot.
Week after booster shot mother is in ICU with blockages.
A few more stays in the hospital and being told there’s nothing that can be done she’s send home with hospice & lots of morphine that my sister gives to her.
Thought yesterday was the day as it was a bad one but will be any day now.
But on the bright side, as of next month government sends out 1 les SS check & Medicare covers 1 less drain on their system.
Ronnie, please accept my thoughts and prayers for your mom and the rest of your family.
But from your post, it does not appear that she had the J&J vaccine, as that is the one identified with causing 54 cases of blood clots. Patients typically developed symptoms nine days after vaccination and were hospitalized five days after they developed symptoms, according to the CDC. The overwhelming majority of patients were women, 37 total, and the median age was 44.
Again, I am truly sorry, but not sure of your direct cause and effect being on the vaccine.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 12-22-2021, 07:40 PM   #16
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
NATURAL SELECTION
Pretty Much

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-23-2021, 05:44 AM   #17
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
NATURAL SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Pretty Much
I've seen some people suggest, mock that the unvaccinated that end up sick or dying from covid is the "darwin's theory" in action..."natural selection" and on and on...these are the evolutionist typically...problem is Darwin's theory does not take into account vaccination....in natural selection and in nature those that are weak, unhealthy, vulnerable to a virus or pandemic would die...so if the evolutionists really believe in natural selection and evolution...we probably shouldn't vaccinate and just let nature take it' s natural course for the good of the species

we are suffering from overpopulation anyway...right?

we currently vaccinate unhealthy populations to allow them them survive and continue their unhealthy lifestyles and also demand that the healthy portion of the population be vaccinated(not knowing the possible long term effects) to protect the sick, unhealthy, which makes sense from a compassion standpoint but makes no sense from an evolution/natural selection/survival of the fittest/we are all just highly evolved monkeys standpoint

and before wayne loses his mind and starts cutting pasting a bunch of crap, I'm vaccinated, I think if you are at risk, unhealthy you should definitely get vaccinated/boosted.. I just think it's funny that this gets thrown around as though the unvaccinated are the stupid ones...the unhealthy, are in fact, the stupid ones(vaccinated or unvaccinated) because post covid, whenever that is...the healthy will still be healthy(unless there are unintended consequences from the jabs) and the unhealthy will still be ticking time bombs
Old 12-23-2021, 05:45 AM   #18
scottw

Quote:

A conservatives favored outcome
when they discover that the vaccine has "unintended" consequences

I'm vaccinated, and most of the people I know are vaccinated...so no, this would not be a favored outcome...
Old 12-26-2021, 10:21 AM   #19
wdmso

From NOV.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis also touted his state’s recent COVID-19 data during an Oct. 29 interview on Fox News’ “Ingraham Angle.” Host Laura Ingraham introduced DeSantis by saying, “Florida is one of the big COVID success stories that the media would prefer to ignore altogether. Now, the Sunshine State now has one of the lowest daily case and death rates out there.”

DeSantis replied: “I guess Florida is no longer part of the United States. They just pretend like we don’t exist.” He also said, “Now that we’re in a situation we have very low numbers, you don’t hear a peep.”

12\24. Florida breaks daily coronavirus cases record again with 32,580
Cumualative residents' infections rise to 3,897,138

This is what happens when you use Covid to get votes on National TV on shows with the misinformation queen Laura Ingraham. Ron’s is correct you won’t hear a peep that infections are at an all time high in Fla on her show

I was just in FLA the 1st week in December and missed the spike I can see why omicron which is as contagious as measles is booming unless your in the airport or Disney or in a Uber no one is wearing masks .. I hope it just caused less severe illness, for everyone vax or not ..

The statewide positivity rate rose to 13.8 percent for the week, up from 5.3 percent the week prior. That’s crazy
Old 12-26-2021, 10:45 AM   #20
wdmso

Quote:
I'm vaccinated, and most of the people I know are vaccinated...so no, this would not be a favored outcome...
Glad to hear, But it’s Hard to get that impression

unintended" consequences and claiming it’s a rushed vaccine is one of the top reasons for unvaccinated Republicans. With Nearly 40% of Republicans are still hesitant about getting the Covid-19 vaccine or refuse to get it. Then throw in counties with the highest support for former President Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election were 44% more likely to be vaccine hesitant, King says. Those living in a state with a Republican governor were 34% more likely to be hesitant than people living in a state with a Democratic governor.

And we all know what party made it a partisan issue and still are today

new wave of coronavirus misinformation. Some conservatives immediately began circulating conspiracy theories, including hosts and guests on Fox News and Newsmax falsely claiming it was a hoax devised by Democrats.

Fox & Friends Weekend Hosts Suggest Democrats Are Making Up New Variants to Help Biden.”

Anti-vaccine influencers are claiming omicron was ‘scheduled’ and that its advent is meant to distract from the trial of Ghislaine Maxwell
Old 12-26-2021, 04:17 PM   #21
scottw

Quote:

12\24. Florida breaks daily coronavirus cases record again with 32,580
wayne...get on your little research bus and note how many states and countries are breaking daily case records...particularly the most vaccinated
Old 12-26-2021, 04:58 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
wayne...get on your little research bus and note how many states and countries are breaking daily case records...particularly the most vaccinated
And you’re missing the part that counts, though it seems you believe Covid only affects the vulnerable.

Though fighting some of the worst coronavirus outbreaks, highly vaccinated states have largely managed to keep the worst outcomes of infection at bay and data on hospitalizations and death rates largely shows states with above-average vaccination rates to fare far better than their poorly vaccinated counterparts.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-26-2021, 05:01 PM   #23
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

poorly vaccinated

the "poorly vaccinated'...that's a good one
Old 12-26-2021, 05:20 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
the "poorly vaccinated'...that's a good one
As Bubonic Plague Spreads and Cases Soar, the Flea-Ridden Deplorables Remain Defiant.
Pneumonic, septic, bubonic - there's always going to be another plague variant.
"Why, the plague is no worse than the pox," said one opponent of the quarantine, the manager of a local flea circus who described herself as a small business owner whose livelihood was being crushed by a tyrannical state. "This is really all about control."
"Did we shut down the economy for the Black Death? NO."
"You only have a 50% chance of dying from it"

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-26-2021, 05:39 PM   #25
detbuch

So now the problem is the states. Before it was Trump's fault. Now it's not Biden's fault. Before it was the President's responsibility. Now it's the States' responsibility. Guess it depends.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:50 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So now the problem is the states. Before it was Trump's fault. Now it's not Biden's fault. Before it was the President's responsibility. Now it's the States' responsibility. Guess it depends.
Probably time to change yours, Depends that is

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-26-2021, 05:56 PM   #27
detbuch

Quote:
Probably time to change yours, Depends that is
Yo mamma wear combat boots.
Old 12-26-2021, 06:20 PM   #28
scottw

Quote:
Pete seems disappointed with what Santa left him....
Old 12-26-2021, 07:24 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Oh, very droll; did you learn that during your prison stay?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-26-2021, 09:43 PM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
Oh, very droll; did you learn that during your prison stay?
I learned it in the mean streets of Detroit.