Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-29-2022, 10:11 PM   #31
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Chris Rock forgot a key rule: If you’re going to make fun of anyone’s wife, make sure it’s Ted Cruz’s. Because then Ted will work tirelessly to make sure you become the next President of the United States.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Authoritarian Pete is reminding us of what he says is a key rule. Pete considers himself an expert on the important rules.
Old 03-30-2022, 05:22 AM   #32
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I heard the Academy wants to pull Will Smiths Best Actor nomination for the role of Ali, The Greatest would never bitch slap someone like a pissy rich chick who's mad at the maid because she folded the towels wrong.

He must have been channeling his inner Joan Crawford
Old 03-30-2022, 06:42 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I heard the Academy wants to pull Will Smiths Best Actor nomination for the role of Ali, The Greatest would never bitch slap someone like a pissy rich chick who's mad at the maid because she folded the towels wrong.

He must have been channeling his inner Joan Crawford
Smith doesn’t slap the men who sleep with his wife, only those who joke about her. Principles.

there’s a babylon bee headline saying “chris rock smooths things over with will smith by sleeping with his wife.”
Old 04-06-2022, 07:03 PM   #34
wdmso

False election claims dominate party for Trump, allies at Mar-a-Lago
Old 04-06-2022, 07:31 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
False election claims dominate party for Trump, allies at Mar-a-Lago
lots of desperate liberals will talk about trump no. stop until
november. better for them
than talking about inflation, crime, immigration, gas prices, etc.

it’s ok when stacey abrams makes false election claims bough. and ok when congressional
democrats did it after the 2016 election.

but it’s a huge problem when trump
does it.

because “false equivalence!!”.
Old 04-07-2022, 10:30 AM   #36
wdmso

The former president said he had not destroyed any call logs from the afternoon of Jan. 6 and took part in no phone calls on “burner phones.” He defended his long silence during the attack by claiming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and others were responsible for ending the deadly violence.

A vote for trump is a vote against America
Old 04-07-2022, 10:32 AM   #37
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
lots of desperate liberals will talk about trump no. stop until
november. better for them
than talking about inflation, crime, immigration, gas prices, etc.

it’s ok when stacey abrams makes false election claims bough. and ok when congressional
democrats did it after the 2016 election.

but it’s a huge problem when trump
does it.

because “false equivalence!!”.
Says the man who post Trump polls beating Biden for 2024 in 2021 22
Old 04-07-2022, 11:13 AM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Says the man who post Trump polls beating Biden for 2024 in 2021 22
First, i think trump would get creamed in 2024. i don’t want him
to run.

second, trump s a potential
issue for 2024. he’s not a big issue in the midterms ( unless he declares before then), but democrats want to keep him an issue, because it’s a winning issue for them, so fine, it’s smart for them
to do that if it works

third, why is it always ok with you when your side tries to overturn or delegitimization a list election, but you go crazy when the right does it?

That’s the difference between us. I can saybgrump shouldn’t run again because it’s disgusting for him to make false claims that the election was stolen. .

but that’s exactly what stacey abrams says, and you defend her

you’re not actually opposed to making false claims of election fraud. you only care when republicans do it.

same with every single other issue.
Old 04-07-2022, 01:56 PM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
First, i think trump would get creamed in 2024. i don’t want him
to run.

second, trump s a potential
issue for 2024. he’s not a big issue in the midterms ( unless he declares before then), but democrats want to keep him an issue, because it’s a winning issue for them, so fine, it’s smart for them
to do that if it works

third, why is it always ok with you when your side tries to overturn or delegitimization a list election, but you go crazy when the right does it?

That’s the difference between us. I can saybgrump shouldn’t run again because it’s disgusting for him to make false claims that the election was stolen. .

but that’s exactly what stacey abrams says, and you defend her

you’re not actually opposed to making false claims of election fraud. you only care when republicans do it.

same with every single other issue.

still in denial and regurgitating your false facts and sea of false equivalences . Shocking
Old 04-07-2022, 02:37 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
still in denial and regurgitating your false facts and sea of false equivalences . Shocking
Stacey Abrams is making insuooorted accusations that her list election was stolen. Her making that baseless accusation, hurts the confidence americans have in elections .

you don’t like it when republicans fabricate charges if election fraud, but you’re fine when she does it.

you can’t just say “false
equivalence.”. you have to explain why it’s a false equivalence. and you don’t explain why, because you can’t. she’s still saying the election was stolen from the voters of GA. but you’re ok with it, she’s a democrat.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:39 PM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

One said something, the other organized an armed insurrection with the purpose of overturning the election that he lost.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:49 PM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
One said something, the other organized an armed insurrection with the purpose of overturning the election that he lost.
true. but wayne has criticized trump for making false claims of the election being stolen, and undermining confidence in our election integrity. in that regard, Abrams did the same thing. but he won’t, he can’t, criticize her.

and some congressional democrats i. 2916, tried to u do the results of an election because they lost. again, zip from you guys.
Old 04-07-2022, 09:00 PM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile, Chief Justice John Roberts, Justice Brett Kavanaugh, and Justice Amy Coney Barrett were all members of George W. Bush’s legal team to prevent the recount in Florida in 2000 that gave Bush the Electoral College.
That's why Trump nominated Kavanaugh and Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court, not because of "merit". He thought they would hand him the election. Problem was he had ZERO evidence of fraud and couldn't meet the threshold for a case reviewable by the SCOTUS.
Old 04-07-2022, 10:27 PM   #44
detbuch

Quote:
true. but wayne has criticized trump for making false claims of the election being stolen, and undermining confidence in our election integrity. in that regard, Abrams did the same thing. but he won’t, he can’t, criticize her.

and some congressional democrats i. 2916, tried to u do the results of an election because they lost. again, zip from you guys.
You believe Pete's claim that Trump "organized an armed insurrection" is true?
Old 04-08-2022, 05:25 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You believe Pete's claim that Trump "organized an armed insurrection" is true?
no. and i shouldnt have said so.

at the rally, on video, trump told the folks to march “peacefully and patriotically” to the capital. In TDS land, somehow that means he organized an armed coup.

if the gop takes the house, as appears certain, they should
impeach biden. for the same exact reason that a pitcher whose teammates are getting beaned, needs to retaliate.
Old 04-08-2022, 06:20 AM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

If you think that Putin's brutality in Ukraine, Orban's so-called "election" in Hungary, Vucic's election in Serbia, LePen's campaign in France, or GOP efforts to attack democracy are unrelated stories, you don't understand the current global battle between autocracy & democracy.
Old 04-08-2022, 08:35 AM   #47
detbuch

Quote:
If you think that Putin's brutality in Ukraine, Orban's so-called "election" in Hungary, Vucic's election in Serbia, LePen's campaign in France, or GOP efforts to attack democracy are unrelated stories, you don't understand the current global battle between autocracy & democracy.
Authoritarian Pete calls "elections" autocracy and lies about GOP attacking democracy.
Old 04-08-2022, 08:50 AM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Authoritarian Pete calls "elections" autocracy and lies about GOP attacking democracy.
he knows what’s coming in November and he can’t handle it, the wheels are coming off the bus big time.
Old 04-08-2022, 01:04 PM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
he knows what’s coming in November and he can’t handle it, the wheels are coming off the bus big time.
In Florida, kids can’t say “gay” but in Tennessee they can say “I do”.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-08-2022, 01:14 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
In Florida, kids can’t say “gay”
lie. you’re in trump-level territory for your psychotic lying.
Old 04-08-2022, 01:52 PM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
In Florida, kids can’t say “gay” but in Tennessee they can say “I do”.
Quote:
lie. you’re in trump-level territory for your psychotic lying.
Just leave out half the quote, truly a member of the Groping Ogre Party

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-08-2022, 03:29 PM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
Just leave out half the quote, truly a member of the Groping Ogre Party
You show us where in any FL law it says students can't say "gay".

You can no longer get through a sentence without telling a demonstrable lie, because so much of the current facts and the truth supports my political agenda, not yours.

You know that you cannot win an honest discussion about the FL law. So instead of just saying "I can see where some people would like that law", you lie absurdly about what it says.

Then I just looked up the proposed TN law. You lied about that too. The proposed law would make common law marriages legal. And the only way you can bring "child marriage" into it, is by pointing out that the proposed bill, as currently written, doesn't have a minimum age.

Read my link. A democrat asked the following (reasonable) question to the republican who sponsored the bill:

"What in your legislation would stop a 16-year-old from going down with someone else to the courthouse and getting this done, since there’s no age restriction within your law?”

State Rep Tom Leatherwood, the guy who sponsored the bill, said it would be construed that minors cannot enter into it.:

If they pass the bill without an age restriction, that's beyond stupid. They haven't done that yet.

So once again, you lied.

The proposed bill will make it harder for same-sex couples to be legally married, that's what the fuss is about. Nobody's intention is tp let 12 year olds get married.

You can't go 2 seconds without lying right now.

https://www.actionnews5.com/2022/04/...age-tennessee/
Old 04-08-2022, 04:39 PM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

So the purpose of the law is to make sure that something that almost never happens doesn’t, or is it just to call educators evil.
Because we all assume that people who are “called” to be educators would also feel compelled to indoctrinate children.
Pretty #^&#^&#^&#^&in warped mind you have
Old 04-08-2022, 04:54 PM   #54
detbuch

Quote:
So the purpose of the law is to make sure that something that almost never happens doesn’t, or is it just to call educators evil.
Because we all assume that people who are “called” to be educators would also feel compelled to indoctrinate children.
Authoritarian propaganda minded Pete says Jim has a warped mind.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:10 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
how often does lynching happen?

where does it say educators are evil?

every town, state, and the feds have education guidelines that teachers must adhere to. but only those guidelines proposed by republicans, would you say call
educators evil.

you’re batsh*t crazy.
Old 04-08-2022, 08:47 PM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

In the 1890s, the white press labelled the unapologetically Black Ida B. Wells hysterical - and hopelessly “unobjective” - because of her fierce opposition to lynching.
Old 04-08-2022, 10:16 PM   #57
detbuch

Quote:
In the 1890s, the white press labelled the unapologetically Black Ida B. Wells hysterical - and hopelessly “unobjective” - because of her fierce opposition to lynching.
In 2021, Why should racial murders matter more than non-racial murders?