Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-16-2022, 09:41 PM   #61
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Russian despot Vladimir Putin is causing gas prices to rise. Texas despot Greg Abbott is doing the same to food prices. Don’t let either avoid accountability.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Propaganda Pete slogans.
Old 04-17-2022, 07:28 AM   #62
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
why should residents of TX spend $1b a year in illegal immigration,,because the feds won’t do their job? how do you suppose residents of southern TX feel? does that matter to guys to all?

he’s up for re election in november . if he’s starving his residents, they’ll boot him out.

you’re ignoring why he did it. i’m not saying he was right. but the feds are really screwing the state of TX.

easy to ignore that in new england.

Texans want illegal immigration dealt with. they have valid reasons to want that.

one side of Abbott’s inspection is the impact on tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g, and it’s totally fair to discuss that.

the other side,,which you’re ignoring, is the impact open borders have on people who live near the border. imagine owning g a ranch near the border and watching an endless parade of illegals
walking in your land,,dropping garbage and urinating all over the place. those texans pay taxes too.
because the feds won’t do their job?

Jim stop drinking the kool aid the same people running the border are the same people under Trump

Gov. Greg Abbott signed into law a nearly $2 billion border security funding bill that will nearly triple the amount the state spends on border defense in the next two-year budget cycle.

In sept 2021.

Yep 7 months after Biden won how original

Gov. Greg Abbott is using a disaster declaration to help fund a border wall. All a show

But border patrol stops 221k in March so much for open borders and please do say “ how many didn’t we catch”. You guys tried that same argument with mail in ballots and voting illegals ..

Top 3 countries for immigration into the US Mexico China and India

63 % of illegals are visa over stayers

Conservatives just lie and lie ! that have you and their base convinced some Mexican is going to show up at their job with a resume . And steal some white persons Job , or take a hospital bed ..

Yet under Trump But removals remained below the levels recorded during much of the Obama administration, including a three-year period between fiscal 2012 and 2014 when there were more than 400,000 per year.

And for the record I have no issues in deportation

The number of migrant apprehensions at the U.S.-Mexico border rose in fiscal 2019 to its highest annual level in 12 years. The 851,508 apprehensions recorded last fiscal year (October 2018-September 2019) were more than double the number the year before

And guess who was in Office Trump
And Gov Abbott
And yet no Republicans were screaming open borders

So you see it’s hard to take any Republican seriously when they speak about the southern border
Like I’ve said Republicans dishonest to the core …
Old 04-17-2022, 08:36 AM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
because the feds won’t do their job?

Jim stop drinking the kool aid the same people running the border are the same people under Trump

Gov. Greg Abbott signed into law a nearly $2 billion border security funding bill that will nearly triple the amount the state spends on border defense in the next two-year budget cycle.

In sept 2021.

Yep 7 months after Biden won how original

Gov. Greg Abbott is using a disaster declaration to help fund a border wall. All a show

But border patrol stops 221k in March so much for open borders
i’m sorry, i think you’re proving that the border is open. because aren’t those 221k people stopped on our side? meaning they crossed? sounds like an open border to
me.

and what happens to those 221k people? what’s the process? how many are released on our side, set free, as long as they promise to show up in court? who takes care of them?

you proved my point, you didn’t refute it. 221k people made it across the border in a month, based just on the ones we caught.

this is a can’t-lose issue for conservatives . and i don’t deny that republicans did plenty to contribute to this mess. but as of right now, it’s a big losing issue for the left.

Posted from my

iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-17-2022, 11:32 AM   #64
wdmso

Quote:
i’m sorry, i think you’re proving that the border is open. because aren’t those 221k people stopped on our side? meaning they crossed? sounds like an open border to
me.

and what happens to those 221k people? what’s the process? how many are released on our side, set free, as long as they promise to show up in court? who takes care of them?

you proved my point, you didn’t refute it. 221k people made it across the border in a month, based just on the ones we caught.

this is a can’t-lose issue for conservatives . and i don’t deny that republicans did plenty to contribute to this mess. but as of right now, it’s a big losing issue for the left.

Posted from my

iPhone/Mobile device
Odd Jim you never claimed open borders under Trump ? but the statistics show he did nothing but talk tough the numbers were not much different and clearly not reduced! and you bought it .. just like your buying it again 'open Borders "

you may want to take a geography lesson The border between the United States and Mexico stretches 1,954 miles Of the 1,933 miles along the border, 1,279 miles is unfenced

So much for Trumps wall wasn't that your Fix

its the same every election cycle for republicans fear the brown people coming to rape your wife sell drugs to your children and go on welfare or steal your job rinse wash and repeat

Last edited by wdmso; 04-17-2022 at 11:41 AM..
Old 04-17-2022, 11:37 AM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
Migrant encounters refer to two distinct kinds of events: expulsions, in which migrants are immediately expelled to their home country or last country of transit, and apprehensions, in which migrants are detained in the United States,

you may want to take a geography lesson

funny since you’re such an expert, you didn’t answer my question. how many of those 221k are immediately expelled?

and how many aren’t caught?
Old 04-17-2022, 03:05 PM   #66
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

its the same every election cycle for republicans fear the brown people coming to rape your wife sell drugs to your children and go on welfare or steal your job rinse wash and repeat
Nothing unhinged there

Nope, seems pretty sane to me

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-17-2022, 04:27 PM   #67
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Odd Jim you never claimed open borders under Trump ? but the statistics show he did nothing but talk tough the numbers were not much different and clearly not reduced! and you bought it .. just like your buying it again 'open Borders "

Don’t you mean selling Empty promises & free phones to the “Brown people” to get their votes. then after the election disappear till the next election y let like the democrats have been doing for decades or like Lyndon Johnson said
“I’ll keep them niggers voting democrat for the next 100 years.

you may want to take a geography lesson The border between the United States and Mexico stretches 1,954 miles Of the 1,933 miles along the border, 1,279 miles is unfenced

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-17-2022, 05:12 PM   #68
wdmso

Quote:
funny since you’re such an expert, you didn’t answer my question. how many of those 221k are immediately expelled?

and how many aren’t caught?
Jim you tell me how many haven’t been caught .. you are the one claiming it’s an issues or being covered up.

As for how many were expelled do your own research for a start

Again thanks for skipping right over Trumps immigration numbers as if they’re no comparison or relevant to your imaginary open border claim
Old 04-17-2022, 05:17 PM   #69
wdmso

NATIONAL
Censorship battles’ new frontier: Your public library
Conservatives are teaming with politicians to remove books and gut library boards

Llano joins a growing number of communities across America where conservatives have mounted challenges to books and other content related to race, sex, gender and other subjects they deem inappropriate. A movement that started in schools has rapidly expanded to public libraries, accounting for 37 percent of book challenges last year, according to the American Library Association. Conservative activists in several states, including Texas, Montana and Louisiana have joined forces with like-minded officials to dissolve libraries’ governing bodies, rewrite or delete censorship protections, and remove books outside of official challenge procedures.

Imagine that in TEXAS freedom for me not for thee !!!! should be the new GOP conservatives slogan
Old 04-17-2022, 05:31 PM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim you tell me how many haven’t been caught .. you are the one claiming it’s an issues or being covered up.

As for how many were expelled do your own research for a start

Again thanks for skipping right over Trumps immigration numbers as if they’re no comparison or relevant to your imaginary open border claim
you said they caught 221k in a month. obviously that’s not all
of them. I asked how many of those 221k got immediately deported and how many were allowed
to stay. you chose not to
answer, which is interesting, because you seem
to think you know a
lot about this. if they’re all
immediately deported, conservatives have little reason to
gripe. i’m guessing that’s not the case, or you’d have said so.
Old 04-17-2022, 05:36 PM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
NATIONAL
Censorship battles’ new frontier: Your public library
Conservatives are teaming with politicians to remove books and gut library boards

Llano joins a growing number of communities across America where conservatives have mounted challenges to books and other content related to race, sex, gender and other subjects they deem inappropriate. A movement that started in schools has rapidly expanded to public libraries, accounting for 37 percent of book challenges last year, according to the American Library Association. Conservative activists in several states, including Texas, Montana and Louisiana have joined forces with like-minded officials to dissolve libraries’ governing bodies, rewrite or delete censorship protections, and remove books outside of official challenge procedures.

Imagine that in TEXAS freedom for me not for thee !!!! should be the new GOP conservatives slogan
what freedoms are texans keeping for themselves but denying to others?

during covid, many parents maybe got their first good look at what’s in their schools. if they see things they fee are inappropriate, don’t they have not o my the right, but the responsibility to speak up?

just because you disagree, does t mean they’re crazy.

you seem to be very committed to the idea that sexual content be in elementary schools. can you explain why? aren’t there okanty if good books for kids that have zero sexual content?

if you think that right now, the right is the side that’s the party of censorship, i’d disagree. who would t let hunter biden’s story be discussed? who’s going after the babylon bee? who doesn’t want Elon Musk bringing free speech to Twitter? And why?

we’re talking about elementary school kids.
Old 04-17-2022, 05:47 PM   #72
wdmso

Quote:
you said they caught 221k in a month. obviously that’s not all
of them. I asked how many of those 221k got immediately deported and how many were allowed
to stay. you chose not to
answer, which is interesting, because you seem
to think you know a
lot about this. if they’re all
immediately deported, conservatives have little reason to
gripe. i’m guessing that’s not the case, or you’d have said so.
Do your own work Jim support your claims or do us all a favor and stop making up stuff you can’t back up ..yet demand others prove you claims. You do it all the time

So try finding what most of us call facts .. feelings and suspicion are neither
But they are the base for all conspiracy’s
Old 04-17-2022, 05:55 PM   #73
wdmso

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...-open-s-false/

The gateway pundit stated on November 26, 2021 in an article: Because of omicron, “the Biden administration has decided to leave the U.S. southern border completely open.”

The Mexico border has not been left “completely open” for entry into the U.S.

In September, the last month for which data was available, immigration officials recorded 192,001 encounters at the U.S.-Mexico border, including 102,673 expulsions.

No policies have been changed since then that would make the borders more open.

The vast majority of what are known as enforcement encounters result in U.S. immigration officials turning people away at the border.

Yep as I said. wash rinse and repeat
Old 04-17-2022, 05:59 PM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
Do your own work Jim support your claims or do us all a favor and stop making up stuff you can’t back up ..yet demand others prove you claims. You do it all the time

So try finding what most of us call facts .. feelings and suspicion are neither
But they are the base for all conspiracy’s
you are making the claim
that illegal
immigration is no big deal, that texans have no reason to be upset.

what facts have you posted here? you’re dodging questions, hats all.
Old 04-17-2022, 06:00 PM   #75
Jim in CT

wdmso…some facts. huge numbers of those who are caught, are released into the us.

estimated that we catch less than 70% who cross, meaning in the month that 221k were caught, 95,000 were not caught. that’s in one month.

texas spends almost a billion a year on this issue. how is that fair to that state? that’s the third time
i’ve asked you that.

and Abbott is way ahead of the empty suit Robert Francis ‘Beto O’Rosrke.

https://www.axios.com/migrant-releas...b60e3c070.html

https://cis.org/Arthur/Report-Just-6...ers-Get-Caught

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...lion-each-year

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/11...o-orourke/amp/

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-17-2022 at 06:29 PM..
Old 04-17-2022, 06:38 PM   #76
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
why should residents of TX spend $1b a year in illegal immigration,,because the feds won’t do their job?
Greg Abbott's transparently political stunt cost not only Texas, but American businesses, and the nation at large almost half-a-billion dollars per day.

The American Tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g Association left ZERO doubt about how they feel about Gov. Greg Abbott's "wholly flawed" border-clogging inspection "scheme."

In one page statement they called it flawed, senseless and misguided.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin