Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-26-2022, 04:32 PM   #31
Nebe

Jheeze.. those texts make it seem like the 6th was not a planned insurrection after all. What ever. I will go back to sticking my head in the sand.
Old 04-26-2022, 05:53 PM   #32
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Well if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it's not a big stretch to come to the conclusion it's a friggin duck. But you keep telling yourself the evidence just doesn't support that conclusion and I'll keep believing the friggin duck had a lot to do with how it happened, why it happened and why it wasn't shut down sooner.
For you it looks like a duck. To me your duck looks pretty lame.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:04 PM   #33
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
For you it looks like a duck. To me your duck looks pretty lame.
Finally we agree Trump is a lame excuse for a human or even a duck, not to mention a man, businessman or president. Even he knows it as he continues to claim he took a test to confirm his brilliance, sadly a toddler with average intelligence could pass that test, thankfully for him he threatened every school he ever attended should they ever release his records. The sad thing is the GOP leadership knows what he is, but the weak minded supporters of Trump have them biting their tongues; oops you mean they have recordings of our private conversations.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:06 PM   #34
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Jheeze.. those texts make it seem like the 6th was not a planned insurrection after all. What ever. I will go back to sticking my head in the sand.
Love the excuses . so Republicans only lit the match that started the fire
And lost control because they used to much gasoline

The only part not planned was the attack it’s self .. the insurrection It was in motion on the hill already the day Trump lost .

Plz keep your head in the sand it’s a safe space for many
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-26-2022, 06:34 PM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
Finally we agree Trump is a lame excuse for a human or even a duck, not to mention a man, businessman or president. Even he knows it as he continues to claim he took a test to confirm his brilliance, sadly a toddler with average intelligence could pass that test, thankfully for him he threatened every school he ever attended should they ever release his records. The sad thing is the GOP leadership knows what he is, but the weak minded supporters of Trump have them biting their tongues; oops you mean they have recordings of our private conversations.
Nah . . . I was referring to YOUR duck. I don't see it or Trump the way you do. Obviously, a whole lot of folks don't see it the way you do. Otherwise he wouldn't have been elected in 2016. And though he lost in 2020, a whole lot of people voted for him. A "lame excuse for a human . . . a duck . . . or a man" would find it extremely difficult (impossible) to do what Trump has done. Maybe you idealize humanity as being something far more noble than it is.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:35 PM   #36
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"How is that relevant to the topic "

From the guy who brings every topic to Trump.

"Ps Trump says he won’t return to Twitter if his account is reinstated"

See?

"And Musk is playing you like Trump he’s no savior"

I've never been on Twitter, he's not manipulating me.

He's the savior of Tesla. Musk is making the left look afraid of free speech. He's making them look bad,
Musk's free speech advocacy seems to apply mostly to his own speech or that of his fans and promoters.
When it comes to his employees' free speech, Musk demonstrates little tolerance.
Musk has repeatedly sought control over what journalists, bloggers, analysts and other researchers say about his businesses, their products, and himself.

Jim chasing false idols who you think support your vision of the world

A quick google search is all it takes

Musk and Tesla have also asked reporters to sign NDAs or show story drafts to the company to obtain approvals before publishing.

Free speech and transparency on display

Tesla Inc. wiped roughly $126 billion off its valuation Tuesday as the stock fell 12% on investors’ concern that Elon Musk may sell shares to complete his $44 billion takeover of Twitter Inc.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:39 PM   #37
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Nah . . . I was referring to YOUR duck. I don't see it or Trump the way you do. Obviously, a whole lot of folks don't see it the way you do. Otherwise he wouldn't have been elected in 2016. And though he lost in 2020, a whole lot of people voted for him. A "lame excuse for a human . . . a duck . . . or a man" would find it extremely difficult (impossible) to do what Trump has done. Maybe you idealize humanity as being something far more noble than it is.
Noble that’s fu*king rich, do you really see Trump as noble? He is so far removed from that description, frankly I’m concerned for those that are duped into seeing this clown as noble.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:55 PM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Love the excuses . so Republicans only lit the match that started the fire
And lost control because they used to much gasoline

The only part not planned was the attack it’s self .. the insurrection It was in motion on the hill already the day Trump lost .

Plz keep your head in the sand it’s a safe space for many
The match was provided by Progressives long before Jan6. The whole corrupt remove Trump and overthrow his election at all costs and in any manner necessary fiasco from 2016 to 2020 being a final straw to the preceding decades of growing disregard for and trashing of our constitutional order along with the constant growth of central government at the expense of our unalienable individual rights was the match that was lit on jan6.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-26-2022 at 07:18 PM..
Old 04-26-2022, 06:58 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Musk's free speech advocacy seems to apply mostly to his own speech or that of his fans and promoters.
When it comes to his employees' free speech, Musk demonstrates little tolerance.
Musk has repeatedly sought control over what journalists, bloggers, analysts and other researchers say about his businesses, their products, and himself.

Jim chasing false idols who you think support your vision of the world

A quick google search is all it takes

Musk and Tesla have also asked reporters to sign NDAs or show story drafts to the company to obtain approvals before publishing.

Free speech and transparency on display

Tesla Inc. wiped roughly $126 billion off its valuation Tuesday as the stock fell 12% on investors’ concern that Elon Musk may sell shares to complete his $44 billion takeover of Twitter Inc.
so you pick one bad day for tesla, trying to show that Musk isnt a next generation genius. what’s tesla’s return over ANY meaningful time horizon? insane, that’s what it is.

the entire sp500 is down 13% from its high, and it’s not done falling. not by a long shot.

that’s on Biden.

Musk said he hopes the people who hate him the most, stay in Twitter. So much for it just being about himself

yiu just keep making it up as you go. and 90% of it is nonsensical gibberish.

Elon Musk isn’t a good businessman. Gotcha.

Musk isn’t an idol
i’m chasing. but i’m enjoying watching Musk drive your side bonkers. Not that it takes much to
do that.

Old 04-26-2022, 07:06 PM   #40
Jim in CT

wdmso, twitter banned talk about hunters laptop. how would you feel if they banned disussion of january 6?

your side is really terrified about losing the ability to control
what gets made available to the public, and what doesn’t.

You’re opposed to transparency.

Gee, I wonder why that is??

it’s like you’re all trying to see how many seats you can lose in november.

the left is scared sh*tless. it’s glorious. and it will get better between now and november.

I couldn’t take more delight in this. All the lies told by the left, all the strong arm tactics, and they’re shocked when someone fights back.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-26-2022 at 07:16 PM..
Old 04-26-2022, 07:14 PM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
Noble that’s fu*king rich, do you really see Trump as noble? He is so far removed from that description, frankly I’m concerned for those that are duped into seeing this clown as noble.
No, when I mentioned human nobility, I wasn't referring to Trump. I was referring to your "lame excuse for a human" remark. The idea that being human requires a certain (noble?) standard or "excuse" was a bit over the top. He wasn't voted for being a noble human being. Nor would he have been elected if he was the "lame excuse for a human . . . a duck . . . or a man" that you claim. A little more moderation in what appears to be your nearly if not totally blind hate for the caricature that you refer to as Trump would probably make your opinions more believable.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:37 PM   #42
wdmso

Quote:
wdmso, twitter banned talk about hunters laptop. how would you feel if they banned disussion of january 6?

your side is really terrified about losing the ability to control
what gets made available to the public, and what doesn’t.

You’re opposed to transparency.

Gee, I wonder why that is??

it’s like you’re all trying to see how many seats you can lose in november.

the left is scared sh*tless. it’s glorious. and it will get better between now and november.

I couldn’t take more delight in this. All the lies told by the left, all the strong arm tactics, and they’re shocked when someone fights back.

Why do you keep talking about Hunters laptop as some free speech event or suppression

When everyone heard the story!

You’re just upset you think it would have help Trump get elected

Still waiting on all stuff that’s in it ..

Odd still no comment on the text messages But but hunter. Typical
Old 04-26-2022, 10:05 PM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

You want an untold story
The majority of Republicans in Congress voted to cancel the votes of 81 Million Americans
Old 04-27-2022, 05:59 AM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:

Odd still no comment on the text messages But but hunter. Typical
so if you make 20 posts a day about january 6, unless i tell you i agree with you every single time, that means i am in favor of armed insurrections.

one last time. i hate trump. let’s investigate january 6 fairly and honestly, and hold people accountable for their actions.

i say the same thing about what the Bidens did in Ukraine. Do you? i’ve said 100 times trump should be investigated. Have you ever commented on the evidence of Biden corruption? other then to say “but but hunter”?

it’s ok when you engage in whataboutism, but a character flaw when any conservative does it. isn’t that convenient for you?

You just can’t say anything critical about any democrat. No worry, America will be doing that for you in November.

Old 04-27-2022, 07:42 AM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

58 percent of voters open to backing independent candidate if faced with Biden vs. Trump rematch. Americans are getting very very tired.
Old 04-28-2022, 10:48 AM   #46
wdmso

GOP poised to steal future elections
J. Michael Luttig, a giant in conservative legal circles,

In his essay, J. Michael Luttig broke down what he called the “Republican blueprint” to steal the 2024 election ― the cornerstone of which, he said, was the Supreme Court’s embrace of the “independent state legislature” doctrine.

Only people who disagree are those who already Tried it once

But but hunter’s laptop and the media has suppressed it..

But it’s all in on Republicans suppression of the 6th investigation
So much for America 1st. But let’s have our white Christian nationalism culture war
Old 04-28-2022, 12:00 PM   #47
detbuch

Quote:

In his essay, J. Michael Luttig broke down what he called the “Republican blueprint” to steal the 2024 election ― the cornerstone of which, he said, was the Supreme Court’s embrace of the “independent state legislature” doctrine.

So much for America 1st. But let’s have our white Christian nationalism culture war
So, I read Luttig's full article. He doesn't like what he calls the Republican Blueprint, but his description of it makes it look constitutionally legitimate. And the plan is not secret. So the Democrats can try it as well. And there is no legal "fraud" in the plan as he describes it. But he doesn't like how it is accomplished. And his warning can fire up the Dems to do their own manipulations (which they probably have already been doing--as is usually done before elections)--so you can rest easy.

Oh yeah, if the Repubs win, then the Democrats can cook up other plans to overthrow it, as they did with their Russian conspiracy BS about the 2016 election--and I'm sure you'll be comfortable with it.
Old 04-28-2022, 01:41 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:

One guy speculates on what could happen if the GOP loses in 2024, and they challenge the loss.

So you refuse to comment on what Congressional democrats actually did after the 2016 election to try and steal it from Trump. But you're all bothered by wild speculation about what the GOP might do in 2024, if they lose.

If I were you, I'd be more worried about the GOP wiping the Democrats off the face of the Earth fair and square in 2022 and 2024. I'm not sure that the answer to Bidens miserable polling, is more illegal aliens and student loan forgiveness, but it's all you've got.

And we'd take your concerns for election integrity seriously, if you didn't deny every single factual case of democrats fighting dirty.

As always with you, it's OK when the left does it.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:32 PM   #49
wdmso

Quote:
One guy speculates on what could happen if the GOP loses in 2024, and they challenge the loss.

So you refuse to comment on what Congressional democrats actually did after the 2016 election to try and steal it from Trump. But you're all bothered by wild speculation about what the GOP might do in 2024, if they lose.

If I were you, I'd be more worried about the GOP wiping the Democrats off the face of the Earth fair and square in 2022 and 2024. I'm not sure that the answer to Bidens miserable polling, is more illegal aliens and student loan forgiveness, but it's all you've got.

And we'd take your concerns for election integrity seriously, if you didn't deny every single factual case of democrats fighting dirty.

As always with you, it's OK when the left does it.
2016 election to try and steal it from Trump. Jim get of the cult its not healthy
Old 04-28-2022, 03:37 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
2016 election to try and steal it from Trump. Jim get of the cult its not healthy
I don't know what kind of a response that is, I don't have my Gibberish --> English translation dictionary handy.

Congressional democrats, some of whom are still in Congress, tried to steal the election from Trump. You know that happened. It didn't succeed (in part because Biden told them to knock it off because it was so blatantly unconstitutional), but they tried to do it.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:44 PM   #51
wdmso

Quote:
I don't know what kind of a response that is, I don't have my Gibberish --> English translation dictionary handy.

Congressional democrats, some of whom are still in Congress, tried to steal the election from Trump. You know that happened. It didn't succeed (in part because Biden told them to knock it off because it was so blatantly unconstitutional), but they tried to do it.

You live in a fantasy just like your Boy Trump Former President Donald Trump called for the release of all text messages sent to and from former President Barack Obama's chief of staff Denis McDonough "during their attempt to overturn the 2016 presidential election."

http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/tru...29/id/1067837/Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

A second Oath Keeper pleaded guilty to seditious conspiracy in the Jan. 6 riot

Last edited by wdmso; 04-29-2022 at 02:40 PM..