Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 09-17-2017, 04:07 PM   #1
ronfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Left PJ at Noon with no change in the fog a bigger incoming Swell (low tide ) back to Newport total skunk.. Was expecting fish to put on a feed bag with the coming Low pressure i was wrong
wdmso- I ran down to the Sakonnet river looking for some blues this morning. The fog wasn't good but I made it and found some blues but once it began to clear the albies showed up in the river above Fogland. They were really fussy keying in on the pnutz and there is a lot of bait around for them to chose from.
Ron
ronfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:58 AM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfish View Post
wdmso- I ran down to the Sakonnet river looking for some blues this morning. The fog wasn't good but I made it and found some blues but once it began to clear the albies showed up in the river above Fogland. They were really fussy keying in on the pnutz and there is a lot of bait around for them to chose from.
Ron
that was my 1st choice Newport was my 2nd .. all ways go with your 1st choice
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:07 PM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfish View Post
Ron

Ron they were at that spot today and Farther North by the Island and tight lipped for sure took 3hr and all my tackle .. total match the hatch
luckly found 2 of the smallest Storm shads I didn't know I had.. 1st cast fish on unusable for a 2nd cast used the last one same outcome .. then back to trying everything .. left happy but frustrated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fullsizeoutput_415.jpg (201.4 KB, 20 views)
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:23 PM   #4
basswipe

Big bluefish in the river,lots of smaller keeper bass underneath.Really hoping for an albie as its the only location I've ever caught one.Loving the jobsite I'm on...great access and no one else.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote