Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sportsman's Talk

Sportsman's Talk New forum for other outdoor sports. Hunting, shooting, archery, and everything else that has you crawling around with the bugs...

Old 01-29-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
CANAL RAT
EVERY FISH COUNTS!!

this pisses my off

Federal Court Rules to Stop Pheasant Hunt on Cape Cod- (09/26)
Massachusetts

(Columbus) - A federal court’s ruling today halted a decades old pheasant hunt on the Cape Cod National Seashore while allowing other forms of hunting there to continue. The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation Sportsmen’s Legal Defense Fund (SLDF) had intervened in the lawsuit on behalf of sportsmen to protect hunting on Cape Cod and all federal lands.

A lawsuit filed by anti-hunting groups against the National Park Service (NPS) sought to stop all hunting on the Seashore. Judge Patti Saris’ ruling stops only the pheasant stocking program for 2003 while an environmental assessment is completed. The NPS will have 60 days to submit a schedule for the study. Other hunting seasons will continue as planned.

The SLDF argued that the pheasant stocking program was in compliance with environmental laws and disagreed that hunting was causing environmental damage. Government lawyers’ concessions in court regarding federal environmental regulations undermined the sportsmen’s case.

The SLDF strongly encourages the NPS to move forward on completing the environmental assessment within the framework outlined by Judge Saris so that the pheasant hunt can be reinstated in 2004.

In October 2002, anti-hunting groups filed suit against the National Park Service to ban pheasant hunting on Cape Cod National Seashore. In November, they amended the lawsuit to include all hunting on the 43,000-acre national recreation area. Judge Saris rejected an anti’s request for a temporary restraining order to stop the hunt in 2002.

The Massachusetts Sportsmen’s Council, Inc., Barnstable County League of Sportsmen’s Clubs and sportsman Michael Veloza of Manomet, Massachusetts joined the SLDF in the case. Plaintiffs in the case include the Humane Society of the United States, Fund for Animals and Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation protects and defends America’s wildlife conservation programs and the pursuits – hunting, fishing and trapping – that generate the money to pay for them. The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation is responsible for public education, legal defense and research. Its mission is accomplished through several distinct programs coordinated to provide the most complete defense capability possible. For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, www.ussportsmen.org

this is kind of old but pisses me off none the less. and it turns out that the court overruled the case and hunting will continue

Last edited by CANAL RAT; 01-29-2006 at 11:04 AM..

todays schoolie is tomorrows keeper,todays keeper is tomorrows cow,practice catch and release!!!.

GOD BLESS THE NRA!!!!

ROCK AND ROLL WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!
CANAL RAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:43 AM   #2
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

If the hunters won, why are you pissed off? You should view it as good precidence that the sportsman came out on top....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:38 PM   #3
Raven

Angry what pisses me off is

that the conservation groups or anti's havent released a single
game bird into the wild. Only the Hunter supported groups have.

If they want to hear and see pheasants then they should buy the
necessary equipment and raise some to release themselves instead
of always doing nothing but complain ...bitch and moan.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:15 PM   #4
CANAL RAT
EVERY FISH COUNTS!!

i am mad because they tried to stop hunting which means next is going to be fishing.i fish and hunt so its a double shot

todays schoolie is tomorrows keeper,todays keeper is tomorrows cow,practice catch and release!!!.

GOD BLESS THE NRA!!!!

ROCK AND ROLL WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!
CANAL RAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:14 PM   #5
mikecc
Plug Builder in Training

Get use to it. that $5 you spend each year on the back of your Lic. to aquire land. In a few years will only be for bird watching.

That is when I'm out of this state.

mikecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:26 PM   #6
Raven

Question ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecc
Get use to it. that $5 you spend each year on the back of your Lic. to aquire land. In a few years will only be for bird watching.

That is when I'm out of this state.

so where are you heading? mike
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:45 PM   #7
mikecc
Plug Builder in Training

WEST or NORTH

mikecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:59 PM   #8
Raven

well me 2

im choosing north