Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 07-09-2021, 04:50 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

What's the gabled bump outs in both of those? (I see the shed bump out for the gas insert vent in Bob's.)

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 05:32 AM   #2
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
What's the gabled bump outs in both of those? (I see the shed bump out for the gas insert vent in Bob's.)
To be honest, I don’t remember… LOL
Probably master bath,,,,
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 05:48 AM   #3
Rmarsh

Floor plan for the "Willow"

Last edited by Rmarsh; 08-26-2023 at 05:54 AM..
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 08:15 AM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
To be honest, I don’t remember… LOL
Probably master bath,,,,
LOL Spoken like an architect........

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 05:20 AM   #5
Rmarsh

Got in before the moving vans for a few pics

Old 07-10-2021, 06:10 AM   #6
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post

That's an awkward looking bump out directly near the other, thinking if it were my home, I'd a wanted it married into the breakfast area... would have made the outside aesthetics more appealing, and I'm sure I or (the wife) could have come up with something creative to do with the additional interior space gained.

I played with my house plans for over a year before it got built. You always would have done something different after it's built though...no matter how hard you try.

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:17 AM   #7
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post
That's an awkward looking bump out directly near the other, thinking if it were my home, I'd a wanted it married into the breakfast area... would have made the outside aesthetics more appealing, and I'm sure I or (the wife) could have come up with something creative to do with the additional interior space gained.

I played with my house plans for over a year before it got built. You always would have done something different after it's built though...no matter how hard you try.

I agree.....the fireplace bumpout is fugly.

I'm living in a house I drew plans for and built when I was 21 years old.....still like it....but would have done some things different.

Old 07-11-2021, 07:22 AM   #8
Rmarsh

That house would look great with a masonry/stone chimney........ been awhile since we built a home with a traditional brick fireplace.
We had a homeowner who wanted that look... so we framed a wooden chase to above the roof line to house the gas flue and applied a cultured stone veneer.
I've seen where it gets wrapped with vinyl siding........but that looks awful.

For front stoop and porches....we do the formwork and it gets poured concrete. We dont have a regular masonry subcontractor/bricklayer any longer.