Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 33,163
Blog Entries: 1
Sooooooo, the Betsy Ross Flag is racist

And Nike won't release it because Kap says Just Don't Do It. Frankly this sounds like an advertising gimmick that must confuse the frack out of the socialists. Imagine a corporation using their sympathies in agitprop , got people to talk about it dinnit they?

But I digress.

Colleges are changing names of buildings, the Founding Father's are being dismantled, everything abut our Country is now racist as the Cultural Stasi Marches through our institutional.

Everything is on the table. The Progressive Left will rip every monument down, every freedom, and every liberty.

The US Flag is next, just wait.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:09 AM   #2
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,540
it was a marketing ploy, all it was. it also shows that kapernick was full of crap when he said his protests were about police brutality.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:23 AM   #3
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,070
Wait until SD calls you 2 snowflakes.


That flag is not racist but when racists use that flag for a symbol of their racism, there are other flags that can go on the sneaker. Just as the swastika was used for centuries before the Nazi started using it, people no longer use the swastika bc of the Nazis.

Seems the complaint should be against the racists who started using this flag to represent their hate rather than Nike who apparently doesn't want the racists to associate Nike's products with their racism.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:35 AM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 33,163
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Wait until SD calls you 2 snowflakes.


That flag is not racist but when racists use that flag for a symbol of their racism, there are other flags that can go on the sneaker. Just as the swastika was used for centuries before the Nazi started using it, people no longer use the swastika bc of the Nazis.

Seems the complaint should be against the racists who started using this flag to represent their hate rather than Nike who apparently doesn't want the racists to associate Nike's products with their racism.

So based on your reasoning, we need to abandon the American Flag because some jackovs appropriated this?

Bullscheize

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:39 AM   #5
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,070
We don't have to abandon the American flag - just don't put it on sneakers so the racists can buy them.

Your complaint is more with Nike instead of the racists and it should be the other way.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:46 AM   #6
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 33,163
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
We don't have to abandon the American flag - just don't put it on sneakers so the racists can buy them.

Your complaint is more with Nike instead of the racists and it should be the other way.



My only issue with Nike putting the flag on shoes is it might violate the US Flag code.

My stand on racists doesn't change, they are as$holes and should be defeated on the field of ideas. This goes back far longer than Nike's use of a hack (Kap) to roll some free Advertising Agitprop.

So don't tell me what my complaint should be ; ) .

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:05 AM   #7
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
- just don't put it on sneakers so the racists can buy them.
are you saying someone who buys sneakers with an American flag on them is a racist?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:09 AM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
are you saying someone who buys sneakers with an American flag on them is a racist?
That's where they're going with it.

....and its Trump that's dividing this country
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:16 AM   #9
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
are you saying someone who buys sneakers with an American flag on them is a racist?
I'm saying that if Nike sells a sneaker with a BR American flag on it and someone buys the sneaker bc they view the BR flag as a racist symbol then those people are racists. Why would Nike want to get involved in putting a symbol on their sneakers that some are using to express some sort of racist view when they can put the current American flag on the shoe and it wouldn't be controversial (other than the fact it is going to get dirty, etc)?
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:17 AM   #10
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
That's where they're going with it.

....and its Trump that's dividing this country
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Trump and his racist followers who are using a BR American flag .
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:41 AM   #11
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
IWhy would Nike want to get involved in putting a symbol on their sneakers that some are using to express some sort of racist view when they can put the current American flag on the shoe and it wouldn't be controversial (other than the fact it is going to get dirty, etc)?
because there’s no rational way to
connect the dots between that flag and racism. obviously, disgraceful racism existed at the time that flag was created. that doesn’t mean the flag is a symbol of racism.

why don’t people
boycott cotton today? or since people ate beef back in the days of slavery, should we do away with beef now, because it’s a painful reminder of slavery? should
we ban everything that existed back then? do you see how stupid that is?

why would Kap be any more ok with the current flag ( which existed during segregation), than he is with the national anthem?

Nonsense.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:50 AM   #12
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,364
Its not an American flag how hard is it but as usual the right would like us to think they are the samething
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:53 AM   #13
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm saying that if Nike sells a sneaker with a BR American flag on it and someone buys the sneaker bc they view the BR flag as a racist symbol then those people are racists. Why would Nike want to get involved in putting a symbol on their sneakers that some are using to express some sort of racist view when they can put the current American flag on the shoe and it wouldn't be controversial (other than the fact it is going to get dirty, etc)?
this is incredibly stupid...but I still love you
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:56 AM   #14
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Its not an American flag
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
huh?...the Betsy Ross American Flag is not an American Flag?

this is getting interesting...


"The "Betsy Ross" design displayed at the second inauguration of Barack Obama. It has often been used at presidential inaugurations."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1280px-Aoc_uncat_photo_-7609.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	343.5 KB
ID:	66316  
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:59 AM   #15
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,407
hey...if a couple of "racists" start using the Budweiser logo...are the idiots going to shut down Budweiser?

just wondering???
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:42 AM   #16
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
because there’s no rational way to
connect the dots between that flag and racismThe dots are that the racists use that flag to promote their racist agenda.. obviously, disgraceful racism existed at the time that flag was created. that doesn’t mean the flag is a symbol of racism.Yet the racist are now using that same exact flag as a symbol of racism..

why don’t people
boycott cotton today? or since people ate beef back in the days of slavery, should we do away with beef now, because it’s a painful reminder of slavery? should
we ban everything that existed back then? do you see how stupid that is?

why would Kap be any more ok with the current flag ( which existed during segregation), than he is with the national anthem?

Nonsense.
size=1]Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
Then wear a BR flag. Knock your self out. Or better yet, wear a Nazi symbol bc it origins had something to do with Buddism.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #17
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
huh?...the Betsy Ross American Flag is not an American Flag?

this is getting interesting...


"The "Betsy Ross" design displayed at the second inauguration of Barack Obama. It has often been used at presidential inaugurations."
Was he trying to co-opt that flag to make it a symbol of something other than what the original intent was like the racists are doing.

Last edited by PaulS; 07-03-2019 at 11:58 AM..
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:56 AM   #18
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
like the racists are doing.
what are you talking about??...you just love writing the word racist...I knew you'd get all animated over this
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:59 AM   #19
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
what are you talking about??...you just love writing the word racist...I knew you'd get all animated over this
Read the statement. Don't dumb things down - next your posts will all be "He's a snowflake".
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:16 PM   #20
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Then wear a BR flag. Knock your self out. Or better yet, wear a Nazi symbol bc it origins had something to do with Buddism.
racists ( democrats mostly) used german shepherds to keep blacks in line in the segregated south. should we ban german shepherds?

anyone can use anything as a symbol of racism. that doesn’t mean its rational to connect that thing, with racism.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:18 PM   #21
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,540
Paul, you’d ban anything that any nut ever used as. symbol
of racism? cotton, chains, white sheets, fire hoses, baseball bats?

if you spend every waking moment looking for things to get offended by, you won’t be disappointed i guess.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:28 PM   #22
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
racists ( democrats mostly) used german shepherds to keep blacks in line in the segregated south. should we ban german shepherds?

anyone can use anything as a symbol of racism. that doesn’t mean its rational to connect that thing, with racism.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I wouldn't ban GS but if racists started buying GS and bringing them to their racist meetings I would be leery if my neighbor later went out and bought a GS and sat on this porch under a confed. flag. It is what the item now represents bc it has been co-opted - just like the swastika was co-opted by the Nazis. No one would wear a swastika in 1941 bc it had been co-opted by the Nazi.

And those racist Dems. now find themselves much more in agreement with the Republican party than they would with the Democratic party and their votes all go to the Republican party.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
And Nike won't release it because Kap says Just Don't Do It. Frankly this sounds like an advertising gimmick that must confuse the frack out of the socialists. Imagine a corporation using their sympathies in agitprop , got people to talk about it dinnit they?

But I digress.

Colleges are changing names of buildings, the Founding Father's are being dismantled, everything abut our Country is now racist as the Cultural Stasi Marches through our institutional.

Everything is on the table. The Progressive Left will rip every monument down, every freedom, and every liberty.

The US Flag is next, just wait.
Pendulum politics
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:03 PM   #24
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I wouldn't ban GS but if racists started buying GS and bringing them to their racist meetings I would be leery if my neighbor later went out and bought a GS and sat on this porch under a confed. flag. It is what the item now represents bc it has been co-opted - just like the swastika was co-opted by the Nazis. No one would wear a swastika in 1941 bc it had been co-opted by the Nazi.

And those racist Dems. now find themselves much more in agreement with the Republican party than they would with the Democratic party and their votes all go to the Republican party.
the nazis were a major
movement in 1930s germany. you’re saying that a similarly-sized group of racists, has co-opted the betsy ross flag? who are they, exactly?

as to who has the best interests of blacks at heart, yeah, in those poor urban cities run by liberals , blacks sure have it made. abort
most of them
out of existence, and those that remain get crippled by becoming addicted to welfare and fatherlessness. that’s swell public policy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:35 PM   #25
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,364
Next the right will be outraged over eating on flag paper plates .. i just find it funny they respond no differently then the left they attack for a changing American.. and its freedoms but on paper it is them putting the thumb on the scale of democracy.. from the bed room to the voting booth .. they also suffer greatly from KDS
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:36 PM   #26
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 4,684
I think the whole argument is pretty stupid but, 60% of millenials identify as Democrats, and the older you get the more apt you are to be Republican.
If I was Nike it's something I'd take into consideration.

As to Ted Cruz boycotting Nike, just how many pairs of athletic shoes do you think he buys, so he can put the basketball thru the "ring"?

I see no problem with a malignant narcissist thinking of himself in religious messianic terms.

Mueller’s report confirmed that Donald Trump was actively seeking the Russian government’s approval of a Trump Tower Moscow project while running for president in 2015 and 2016. At that time, Trump vehemently denied having any business interests in Russia. This constitutes a gross violation of the public’s trust. It is not illegal. But in a sane world, it would be politically fatal.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:40 PM   #27
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 33,163
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
hey...if a couple of "racists" start using the Budweiser logo...are the idiots going to shut down Budweiser?

just wondering???
If you are going this route may I suggest Zima (sadly making a coumeback) and Heineken instead? I don't drink Bud bur I won't drink hjeineken or Zima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Pendulum politics
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Correcting from what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Next the right will be outraged over eating on flag paper plates .. i just find it funny they respond no differently then the left they attack for a changing American.. and its freedoms but on paper it is them putting the thumb on the scale of democracy.. from the bed room to the voting booth .. they also suffer greatly from KDS
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
WTH is KDS?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:19 AM   #28
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 3,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
If you are going this route may I suggest Zima (sadly making a coumeback) and Heineken instead? I don't drink Bud bur I won't drink hjeineken or Zima



Correcting from what?



WTH is KDS?
Kapernick disorder syndrom. Nothing fires up the base quicker.

To bad the issue of the flag is secondary
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:59 AM   #29
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 33,163
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Kapernick disorder syndrom. Nothing fires up the base quicker.

Ahhhh, got ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
To bad the issue of the flag is secondary
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
This is true. It would be more beneficial to talk about his hatred of police, not focusing on just bad cops, disdain for Freedom how everything is bad rather that fixing and adjusting what's wrong.

He fell / lucked / slacked into a movement. He is not the righteousness of MLK furthering Civil Rights. He wore Cops are Pigs socks while riding the Bench.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:28 AM   #30
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Ahhhh, got ya.



This is true. It would be more beneficial to talk about his hatred of police, not focusing on just bad cops, disdain for Freedom how everything is bad rather that fixing and adjusting what's wrong.

He fell / lucked / slacked into a movement. He is not the righteousness of MLK furthering Civil Rights. He wore Cops are Pigs socks while riding the Bench.
This makes him a hero to some

Snowflakes
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com