Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-29-2016, 09:53 AM   #151
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Obama has never once admitting being wrong or making a mistake on ANYTHING. How is that even the slightest bit reasonable?
This is not true.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:03 AM   #152
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This is not true.
Is pretty much true.

Here's one of my favorites. His trillion dollar stimulus bill ws going to keep unemployment below 8%. It sure as hell didn't. When someone got around to asking him why he was off by millions of jobs, he thought it was humorous. We've come a long, long way from "the buck stops with me".

Everything good that happens, he gets credit for. Everything bad that happens, is someone else's fault.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:11 AM   #153
Jim in CT

"Hey everyone, I borrowed a trillion dollars, then spent it, and it didn't do anywhere near as much good as I promised it would! Hardy har har! Now who do I talk to about getting my bust on Mt Rushmore?"
Old 03-29-2016, 10:11 AM   #154
Slipknot
Super Moderator

well doesn't that tell you the country is REALLY screwed up?
Trump does not care what anyone thinks about him

we missed our chance at eliminating the deficit and lobbyists a long time ago with Ross Perot when he chose his running mate and he dropped out and got back in.

NAFTA needs to be repealed along with the thousand other things to be fixed

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:42 AM   #155
Nebe

I voted for Ross
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-29-2016, 11:26 AM   #156
detbuch

A view of Muslim assimilation in France and Belgium:

http://theresurgent.com/this-is-how-...s-into-europe/
Old 03-29-2016, 12:45 PM   #157
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I don't see trump admitting wrong doing. Ever......
trump had 2 great teaches.....obama & hillary....lol...

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 03-29-2016, 01:04 PM   #158
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Hey everyone, I borrowed a trillion dollars, then spent it, and it didn't do anywhere near as much good as I promised it would! Hardy har har! Now who do I talk to about getting my bust on Mt Rushmore?"
Your material is getting old.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:37 PM   #159
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your material is getting old.
You can't claim I'm wrong. So you tell me to shut up.

Let's see, first you said it's an "improvement" that the democrats in charge of the party, don't let registered democrats pick who they want; then you said my expectations for Obama were unrealistic (when I said it would have been nice if he didn't hand Iraq over to ISIS on a silver platter); and now you're tired of hearing me point out (correctly) that Obama spent a trillion dollars on something that completely failed to deliver on his promised benefits.

If that's too old, let's talk about current events. While the people in Brussels were scraping severed limbs off the street, Obama was s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g up to a dictator who provides asylum for someone on the FBI's most wanted list, then he does the tango worse than it has ever been done, showing us that he even sucks at the one thing you might still have reason to believe he could possibly be good at.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:58 PM   #160
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"that all the problems in the world have been the cause of 1 man the POTUS"

well, if I had EVER said that, you would have a point, I suppose. Again, you are responding to something I never said (liberals really like doing that). But he is in charge, and the buck stops with him, does it not?

"inability for you to discus objectively and rationally anything that involves Obama"

How's this for objectivity?

Despite adding to our debt more than (I think) all 43 previous presidents combined, our recovery from this recession has been the slowest ever. GDP growth has been pathetic.

2 wars cost money

He said his stimulus would keep unemployment under 8%. It didn't.

currently 4.9%

He said Obamacare would save the average famile $2,500 a year, it didn't. No it didn't but not sure who thought it would I know i didn't

He said Obamacare would allow us to keep our plans/doctors, it doesn't.

I kept my doctor

Despite all that spending, we have more Americans on food stamps and in poverty called the great recession if you didn't know

Iraq was stable when he took office. Against the advice of many, he didn't seek a SOFA, he pulled out, and ISIS moved right in.
all ready addressed not correct ISIS never left and Iraqis wanted us Gone

He drew a "red line" in the ground and warned Syria not to use chemical weapons. They did. And whats your point go to war

He called ISIS the "JV", and the day before the terrorist attack in Paris, said they were contained. They aren't. wasn't ISIS players they were French Nationals inspired by ISIS learn the difference

On race, we are way more divided now than we have ever been.

Because whites dont like the truth on what happen in other communities outside their own its Faux outrage And a POTUS being having empathy with Blacks is un American

The stock market is way up. That's a good thing. That's about the only large-scale good thing you can point to. agreed but i wouldn't give much credit there

He is constantly wrong, most of what he touches turns to vomit, yet he still has that arrogance. He could fall down a flight of stairs, get up, and act like he just scored the winning touchdown in the Super Bowl. Here is what his epitaph should read...Obama...always wrong, yet never in doubt.
And he'll go down as one of the Best Presidents in History that will be based on Facts not Fox news .. 2 terms and a do nothing congress how could a 1\2black Potus get so much done with so little
Old 03-29-2016, 03:40 PM   #161
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

And he'll go down as one of the Best Presidents in History

now that's funny!
Old 03-29-2016, 03:44 PM   #162
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
And he'll go down as one of the Best Presidents in History that will be based on Facts not Fox news .. 2 terms and a do nothing congress how could a 1\2black Potus get so much done with so little

When you and your family are turned into Muslims, then you will know the answer
plenty of enablers in this country

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:47 PM   #163
Nebe

Quote:
When you and your family are turned into Muslims, then you will know the answer
plenty of enablers in this country
Now that is funny. If it ever got even slightly close to that, there would have to have been a serious war.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:54 PM   #164
Jim in CT

Quote:
"2 wars cost money "

True. And fair...

"currently 4.9%"

WDMSO, what would it take for you to consider all the facts, not just the ones you happen to like. The man didn't say that unemployment would go to double digits, then come back down foue years later He said it wouldn't get above 8%. He was way, way, way off. Is that true, or not?

"No it didn't but not sure who thought it would "

I just told you who thought so...Obama. That's one way he sold this thing. Look it up. I am not making it up, I am correct. Are you feeling OK?

"They did. And whats your point go to war "

Hmmm...how baout this...now Obama has exactly ZERO credibility to make such a demand of threat. There is no reason for our enemies to take us seriously, which pretty much explains the state of the world right now.

"Because whites dont like the truth"

Said the guy who (1) denies that Obama said the stimulus package would keep unemployment below 7%, and (2) the guy who claims that Obama didn't promise that Obamacare would save the average family $2500 a year. Yeah, let's all look to you for the truth. How about Black Lives Matter, are all those people white folk who hate the truth??

"And he'll go down as one of the Best Presidents in History "

Sure, if you are an abortionist or a terrorist, you might consider him a solid POTUS.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:56 PM   #165
Jim in CT

Quote:
2 terms and a do nothing congress how could a 1\2black Potus get so much done with so little
For half of hi sfirst term, the Dems controlled congress. Hi ssignature achievement was the stimulus bill, which if you judge by the promises Obama made, was a flop. Even he admitted as much in the video I posted.

Man. That's some filter you have for what facts get processed, and which facts get dismissed.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:01 PM   #166
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Do nothing congress which in his first 2 years was controlled by the Democrats which choose to do nothing including passing Obama care.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:28 PM   #167
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
http://www.xojane.com/issues/stephan...paign-defector
This super pac was dissolved in October and she never even met Trump he doesn't want or need super pac support so to me she is just a disgruntled ex employee who wants 15 minutes of fame and wants to hurt Trump since he rejected her support.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:40 PM   #168
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
This is not true.
Should we take your word for it? Perhaps you could provide some evidence to back that up.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:36 PM   #169
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Should we take your word for it? Perhaps you could provide some evidence to back that up.
Do a little work. Use the Google. This isn't that hard.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:45 PM   #170
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Do a little work. Use the Google. This isn't that hard.
Once again you make a statement and then ask others to do the work. I am not as itellectually gifted as you so I won't bother trying and just assume you wrong.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:39 AM   #171
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Once again you make a statement and then ask others to do the work. I am not as itellectually gifted as you so I won't bother trying and just assume you wrong.
Don't sell yourself short. You're on S-B so you know how to get online, can enter some text and can read...more than enough skills for a little due diligence.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:18 AM   #172
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Don't sell yourself short. You're on S-B so you know how to get online, can enter some text and can read...more than enough skills for a little due diligence.
The closest I could find to Obama admitting he was wrong was him say "we erred" basically blaming others.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:14 PM   #173
scottw

Quote:

The difference is simply that Obama's policy has an appreciation for the real root-cause drivers of the terror problem. A big piece of this is how disillusionment feeds the radicalization engine.
"So, we blame ourselves in order to remain blameless. Safer to blame our own societies and socioeconomic conditions than to blame the religious and cultural concepts with which terrorists poison their own minds."

http://www.politico.eu/article/bruss...airport-metro/
Old 04-01-2016, 04:29 AM   #174
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"So, we blame ourselves in order to remain blameless. Safer to blame our own societies and socioeconomic conditions than to blame the religious and cultural concepts with which terrorists poison their own minds."

http://www.politico.eu/article/bruss...airport-metro/

To cherry pick one issue out the the many reasons that extremist find followers is a cop out for both sides.. there is a religious component and societies and socioeconomic conditions in the development of terrorism

one of the Belgium guys went from from barkeeper to suicide bomber
There is a seeming disconnect between the ownership by Muslims - whose religion forbids the use of alcohol and tobacco - of a bar, where drugs were being dealt, http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fr...0T52RH20151117

Its not easy to find One flea on a big hairy dog But when you do look harder you'll find others
Old 04-01-2016, 06:05 AM   #175
scottw

Quote:

To cherry pick one issue out the the many reasons that extremist find followers is a cop out for both sides..
who did that?
Old 04-01-2016, 07:06 PM   #176
wdmso

Quote:
who did that?
As I said Both sides
Old 04-01-2016, 10:11 PM   #177
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
http://www.xojane.com/issues/stephan...paign-defector

so what happened with this story? it should be in the news all over the place calling him out on it, has Trump even responded to this?

I am not a fan but this primary is not going well at all

Old 04-01-2016, 10:22 PM   #178
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
so what happened with this story? it should be in the news all over the place calling him out on it, has Trump even responded to this?

I am not a fan but this primary is not going well at all
She didn't work for Trump she worked for a super pac.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:16 AM   #179
scottw

this MUNK debate was excellent last night if you get the chance to watch it

http://www.c-span.org/video/?407440-...refugee-crisis
Old 04-02-2016, 03:34 AM   #180
scottw

Quote:

To cherry pick one issue out the the many reasons that extremist find followers is a cop out for both sides.

Quote:
who did that?

Quote:
As I said Both sides

can you give an example?