Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

anyone see this

I saw a commercial on tv and checked it out.
Pretty scary and I cant say I disagree with it

Stansberry's Investment Advisory

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 01-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Nebe

what do you think the maker of that Video's main objective is? What is his agenda? Im not discounting what he is saying, but in the end, he wants you to buy his services so you can avoid impending DOOM!!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
ecduzitgood
time to go

I couldn't even get to the end. There was no way to pause the video and how long was it? I stopped when I saw that you had to request information on the 4 assets, this video takes awhile to watch and you can't pause, rewind etc. make sure you have free time before you watch it.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
what do you think the maker of that Video's main objective is? What is his agenda? Im not discounting what he is saying, but in the end, he wants you to buy his services so you can avoid impending DOOM!!!!
i agree but, the impending doom looks pretty clear

Old 01-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
Nebe

Jimmy, did you notice that not once did he mention the fact about our military strength? Our military superiority insures our power. Saddam Hussein threatened to sell Iraq's oil on the euro to destabize our dollar and look what happened. Of course weapons of mass destruction were the scapegoat in our reason for toppling his power.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

military takes $$$

Old 01-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
military takes $$$
From other countries
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
ecduzitgood
time to go

If the dollar is devalued doesn't that increase the cost/price of imported goods which in turn would reduce the amount of demand for imports and might just keep some of what we have here (businesses/jobs/money)?
Old 01-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
JohnnyD

He's been selling this crap for quite a number of years now. No different that that religious scam artist that was preaching about the end of the world and then had a new explanation each time the Reckoning didn't come.

Only difference is that Porter Stansberry does a better job keeping his predictions open-ended. If you sign up for his newsletter, he continually tries to sell you investment-related products so that you can "hedge and plan for the coming collapse."

Just a bunch of fear mongering in order to sell you a product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
If the dollar is devalued doesn't that increase the cost/price of imported goods which in turn would reduce the amount of demand for imports and might just keep some of what we have here (businesses/jobs/money)?
It also means oil prices would increase, our exports would be worth less value and we'd pay more for he commodities that we have to import.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #10
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
He's been selling this crap for quite a number of years now. No different that that religious scam artist that was preaching about the end of the world and then had a new explanation each time the Reckoning didn't come.

Only difference is that Porter Stansberry does a better job keeping his predictions open-ended. If you sign up for his newsletter, he continually tries to sell you investment-related products so that you can "hedge and plan for the coming collapse."

Just a bunch of fear mongering in order to sell you a product.

It also means oil prices would increase, our exports would be worth less value and we'd pay more for he commodities that we have to import.
Just because he is trying to sell a product doenst mean its not true. I know nothing of this guy but I can tell you his basis is sound. Just look at whats going on in eurpore, middle east and our current govt system. Maybe its fear mongering but you do know the US Govt credit was downgraded, right? And since then we've done what?
Oh yeah, extended the payroll tax cut.......putting us deeper in debt. once again

Old 01-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #11
fishbones

I think it's time for me to move to Fiji and shack up with a hot chick wearing a coconut bikini.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 01-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
ecduzitgood
time to go

I have said for a long time our enemies will wage a war of economics to take us down. What do you think would happen if we had $8-$10 a gallon gas?
Fiji isn't on the list Fishbones:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkin_...obal_locations

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 01-12-2012 at 04:31 PM..
Old 01-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #13
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Just because he is trying to sell a product doenst mean its not true. I know nothing of this guy but I can tell you his basis is sound. Just look at whats going on in eurpore, middle east and our current govt system. Maybe its fear mongering but you do know the US Govt credit was downgraded, right? And since then we've done what?
Oh yeah, extended the payroll tax cut.......putting us deeper in debt. once again
The US's credit rating should have been downgraded years ago. You're right, just because he's selling a product, doesn't mean what he's saying isn't true. However, it is all the more reason to be critical of his "information" and question the "facts" he presents. Considering the $1.5million fine he paid for fraud due to providing financial advice he knew was filled with lies, call me a bit skeptical.

He cherry-picks convenient historical events in order to frame up his "end of the world" scenario. Then sensationalizes absolute worst-case scenarios that have been discussed many times before and rebuked quite consistently.

Is our current debt crippling? You bet.
Will we see an economic time more difficult than the last few years? I'd wager an affirmative on that as well.
Is the dollar at risk of being replaced as the world's currency with another option? While it has come up in discussion, it's not likely.
Are we going to have some catastrophic worldwide economic collapse that will result in having to stand in line for our ratio of bread? Doubtful.
Is China going to try to cash in all it's bonds tomorrow and send the US into the financial stone ages? Not a chance.

If you think his basis is so strong, I'd put down the $100 for his newsletter. While you're at it, Ron Jeremy is hocking some pills that will make your junk bigger in 30 days or your money back.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #14
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

His hypothesis of our country's position is pretty much on if his
facts are all correct and not taken out of context.
Always good to have 5-10% of a portfolio in gold. Silver looks good
right now.
However when it comes to ALL his"doom and gloom" you know he's
trying to sell something based on fear. Old trick.

When it comes to his "secret", if it sounds too good to be true, it prolly is, and how come he's not the richest man in the world?
Be aware of testimonials,and, let's face it, ya gotta have $$$ to make $$$.

He is right about one thing for sure, if your looking for the govenment to
save you, forget aboutit.

" Choose Life "
Old 01-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #15
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

As an after thought, following his senario we should be drilling big time
so we can be energy independent.
According to the quote about Govt regulations making it so costly to do business
in the US, I believe that.
The idea floating around by the Repubs awhile back to bring spending
back to 2008 levels makes more and more sense as a start to reduce spending.

" Choose Life "
Old 01-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #16
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
I think it's time for me to move to Fiji and shack up with a hot chick wearing a coconut bikini.

I'm in...
Old 01-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #17
spence

Did Glenn Beck write this?

-spence