Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Good on Tim Thomas, I say!

Tim Thomas on Obama snub: ?Not about politics or party? but ?right as a Free Citizen? | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports

His statement on why he chose not to visit the White House today with the team;

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

"This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

"Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

"This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
sburnsey931

While I do agree with his statement. It is unfortunate he selfishly chose exercise his INDIVIDUAL rights while disrespecting the Team, the city of Boston and the NHL.
Tim Thomas didn't get invited to the White House the Boston Bruins did. If he feels so strongly about this he could Individually become a spokesman for a group he believes in. As a 40 year fan nothing like ruining a great moment for Boston.
For the record I can't stand this President and want him out but he is still My President.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburnsey931 View Post
While I do agree with his statement. It is unfortunate he selfishly chose exercise his INDIVIDUAL rights while disrespecting the Team, the city of Boston and the NHL.
Tim Thomas didn't get invited to the White House the Boston Bruins did. If he feels so strongly about this he could Individually become a spokesman for a group he believes in. As a 40 year fan nothing like ruining a great moment for Boston.
For the record I can't stand this President and want him out but he is still My President.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I fail to see how one person refusing to go to Washington because it's a corrupt scum hole filled with paid-off politicians is "ruining a great moment for Boston."

I respect Tim Tomas even more so after this.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

didnt some of the sox refuse to see GWB? Its seems this is getting a lot of press over nothing

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 01-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
didnt some of the sox refuse to see GWB?
Yeah, Manny Ramirez was a no show, twice......knowing him he was probably at the President of the Baked Bean company's house.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."