Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

H-Bomb

5.8-6.2 mag quake at NORK nuke site. Building ins China and Russia shaking.

Worst case scenario:

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone...-in-emp-strike

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #2
spence

What are you worried about they can't hit Boston.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-03-2017, 11:41 AM   #3
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Well, if they could put that on their HS14 they could hit Boston, and NY (and NWC NPT).

Norks have been successful with a lot of their tests lately.

Out on the edge of possible - hence the worst case scenario -is the EMP.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-03-2017, 02:33 PM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Even more disturbing is seeing how far he has gone without either Russia or China taking a stand. Unless one of them is in bed with him.... One would think that Putin values his vast bank account more than any trust or alliance with Kim. And I am a little surprised that China's US educated president hasn't minimized Kim's risk to his country's growth position in the world economy. Both of those leaders have much more to lose than Kim does if he lights off a live one.....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #5
scottw

Quote:
how are things in Canada?
Old 09-05-2017, 07:44 AM   #6
DZ

Who says you have to launch it from NK? Possibilities are endless for NK to farm it out to other bad actors. Hell, it could be possible to place it on a Merchant ship bound for a US port. Something that big doesn't even need to be detonated close - just downwind toward the US. A terrorists dream. This guy needs to be taken out.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:47 AM   #7
Nebe

Trump doesn't have the balls to actually get militarily involved here. He will talk this up and push things to the brink but it's all talk. It reminds me of Obamas red line in the sand regarding Syria
Old 09-05-2017, 07:48 AM   #8
Nebe

And if he did get us involved, we will be looking at WWIII.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:00 AM   #9
DZ

Looks like we will be potentially cutting off all trade with any country that supports NK - China. Will isolating China work since they have financed most of our debt?

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:47 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
Looks like we will be potentially cutting off all trade with any country that supports NK - China. Will isolating China work since they have financed most of our debt?
It would shutdown the global economy.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:55 AM   #11
JohnR

Quote:
Who says you have to launch it from NK? Possibilities are endless for NK to farm it out to other bad actors. Hell, it could be possible to place it on a Merchant ship bound for a US port. Something that big doesn't even need to be detonated close - just downwind toward the US. A terrorists dream. This guy needs to be taken out.
They are known for sharing much of their nuke tech with Iran. Gee, almost wonder who could be financing this. In an unrelated note, glad Obama stopped Iran's nuke problem and didn't give them any money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Trump doesn't have the balls to actually get militarily involved here. He will talk this up and push things to the brink but it's all talk. It reminds me of Obamas red line in the sand regarding Syria
I am not sure about this.

Quote:
It would shutdown the global economy.
Yes. And the fraying ends of global peace with it maybe.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-05-2017, 09:31 AM   #12
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
They are known for sharing much of their nuke tech with Iran. Gee, almost wonder who could be financing this. In an unrelated note, glad Obama stopped Iran's nuke problem and didn't give them any money.

I am not sure about this.

Yes. And the fraying ends of global peace with it maybe.
And with the fraying of global peace.... you have...... wait forrrrrrr it...........wait forrrrrrrrrrr it...........

WW3
Old 09-05-2017, 01:42 PM   #13
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
And with the fraying of global peace.... you have...... wait forrrrrrr it...........wait forrrrrrrrrrr it...........

WW3

10 million North / South Koreans dead would be horrible, beyond horrible - but not existential.

China / Russia, that is existential.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-05-2017, 02:43 PM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

You would think China would have a vested interest in reining in this nut job, but it's scary to see Kim just continue to escalate the testing and rhetoric.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:03 PM   #15
wdmso

the North has the Bomb it keeps them safe its not offensive nor are ours

Trump and his UN ambassador have boxed themselves in a corner.. with all the tough talk their base loves ... I am not sure the base fully understands this isn't some Isis guy they watched get smoked thru a Thermal camera

A shooting war will cost many American Lives ..

And China has a treaty with the North generally promoted peaceful cooperation in the areas of culture, economics, technology and other social benefits between the two nations.[4] Specifically, Article 2 of the treaty declares the two nations undertake all necessary measures to oppose any country or coalition of countries that might attack either nation.[5]

The most recent renewal will remain in effect until 2021.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:10 PM   #16
wdmso

Quote:

Thats pure fear mongering there is no intel about a 1st strike weapon ,, your SCENARIO applies more to Pakistan
Old 09-05-2017, 04:13 PM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You would think China would have a vested interest in reining in this nut job, but it's scary to see Kim just continue to escalate the testing and rhetoric.

He's following Trumps Lead,, Kim is being a non Traditional Leader and has no issues playing this game of Chicken with the US
Old 09-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #18
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
He's following Trumps Lead,, Kim is being a non Traditional Leader and has no issues playing this game of Chicken with the US
Because he was really a traditional leader before Trump was president?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 09-05-2017, 05:08 PM   #19
buckman

Quote:
Maybe your idea of a traditional leader and I don't think Trump is playing games . Your boy played games
Old 09-05-2017, 06:37 PM   #20
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Maybe your idea of a traditional leader and I don't think Trump is playing games . Your boy played games

Your correct Trump has no idea how the games played ... and that in its self is a problem. .. well it's your boys ball now! not many choices does he punt or go long or attack north korea plz tell us what should he do ?
Old 09-06-2017, 08:23 AM   #21
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

And now we have had the possibility of an EMP attack put into the conversation by..... North Korea. They don't need to be able to "hit" Boston, or NY, or DC. Just lob it up there, 250 miles above, say, middle continental US, right around space station altitude and detonate.... Nothing you can look at from where you are reading this will operate if it needs electric power.....

Got Coleman stove?

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:52 AM   #22
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
And now we have had the possibility of an EMP attack put into the conversation by..... North Korea. They don't need to be able to "hit" Boston, or NY, or DC. Just lob it up there, 250 miles above, say, middle continental US, right around space station altitude and detonate.... Nothing you can look at from where you are reading this will operate if it needs electric power.....

Got Coleman stove?

EMP is arguably my greatest concern and I have seen smart people on the nuke discuss both state it is over-hyped and not much of a threat to everyone willdiestarfishprime .

What I do know is that a federal group I am member of has been actively looking at it for some time.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #23
Fishpart
Keep The Change

We could simply return to the way we handled Kim for the previous 8 years. Send him some Uranium and Physics books and tell him to go play in his room... How'd that work out for us?

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 09-06-2017, 11:25 AM   #24
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpart View Post
We could simply return to the way we handled Kim for the previous 8 years. Send him some Uranium and Physics books and tell him to go play in his room... How'd that work out for us?
Unless you wanted to invade and have Seoul leveled by howitzers I'm not sure what you expected Obama to do.

It will be interesting to see how China's position evolves on this. There's concern growing that the mountain they've been detonating all these bombs under could collapse and start spreading radiation into China...this wouldn't be good.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:30 AM   #25
scottw

Quote:

Unless you wanted to invade and have Seoul leveled by howitzers I'm not sure what you expected Obama to do.

well...he did lower the ocean levels and kill Bin Laden...also handled the Russians, Syrians and Iranians "brilliantly"....so NK should have been a lay up....maybe a cup o' tea with the dictator or something
Old 09-06-2017, 01:56 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
"He's following Trumps Lead"

So Kim wasn't playing games until Trump got elected?

"Kim is being a non Traditional Leader"

Non-traditional? That's how you describe him? Geez, don't be so hard on the guy.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:57 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:

It will be interesting to see how China's position evolves on this. There's concern growing that the mountain they've been detonating all these bombs under could collapse and start spreading radiation into China...this wouldn't be good.
"I'm not sure what you expected Obama to do. "

I "expected" Obama to do exactly what he did, i.e., zip. I "hoped" he would do what the world knows needs to be done, which is to get China to reign that maniac in.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:58 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
well...he did lower the ocean levels and kill Bin Laden...also handled the Russians, Syrians and Iranians "brilliantly"....so NK should have been a lay up....maybe a cup o' tea with the dictator or something
Brilliant. I am curious to see what response you get from the Obama apologists...
Old 09-06-2017, 02:46 PM   #29
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Brilliant. I am curious to see what response you get from the Obama apologists...
I heard he was on Facebook attacking Trump...which is pretty funny if you think about it....maybe Obama will fly to Florida, hold up his arms and divert the hurricane
Old 09-06-2017, 02:55 PM   #30
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
As opposed to the Trump apologists who claim NK is Obama's fault but give Trump credit from day 1 for the economy? Maybe Trump should have worked on NK earlier and it would have all been solved?

Hypocrites?