Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 07-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
Finaddict

Banks ... WT?

So I have my auto loan through Chase Auto Finance - I have been trying to set up an automatic payment, but it has become a bit of a sore spot ... so essentially, I have been paying over the phone ... not ideal, as I get a charge, and sometimes I space it so a late fee ... but I have been pretty good.

My payment due dates are just before the end of the month, a very screwy date, as I try to get all my payments aligned around my pay periods ... but Chase won't allow me to do this ... whatever ...

On May 20 - I make a double payment for April and May - I have proof of the electronic check taken from my account. Then I make my next payment on July 15, I was intendening on making it at the end of June but was excited to pack for fishing down in CT over the long Fourth-of-July weekend, I would have been in good shape (was targetting June 30) but got so excited, I forgot and then the accident happened. They call me on July 12 and ask what's up, so I make my payment and it's withdrawn from my account on July 15.

I got a call today saying that I am overdue for my May payment. I read them the payments that were taken from my TD Bank account on May 20 and July 15 ... they said yes they have that, but the funds were returned to me ... which I see no evidence of.

I then call TD Bank, they say the payments were made in good standing, and that there is no record of funds being returned ... now I spoke with three different Chase representatives this morning, going back and forth from my bank to Chase to get this cleared up ... each time I get a different agent and a different story .. but my bank assures me that each payment was made and no payments were returned or revoked ...

I don't know what is going on with Chase Auto Finance, but I finally let loose and started yelling at the woman on the phone, she said she'd have a supervisor call me ... I told them to make sure it was a supervisor from the United States ...

... every time I deal with this bank, there is some new problem ... claims that payments were not made or late ... and I typically am on time, although a couple of payments were late ... but within 30 days to avoid the over 30 day late scenario (and I make them every month) ... and everytime I ask them to explain the problem, they say they don't understand why I am getting the specific claim at hand, that nothing is wrong with my account, and that they don't have an explanation and that I am in good shape ... but then 30 days later, a new and completely different problem has arisen ...

... and this case, my bank is backing me up ... so what the heck is going on with this once solid institution? It is so messed up?

I would never keep my money with Chase, under any circumstance, and I will never take a loan from them ... I will go with the next bank, even if I have to pay a little more ... I spent two hours today on this, and for what? I have done nothing wrong? Watch out for Chase, they are F'd up ... I can't tell you how frustrating this is. Avoid Chase.

"It was the blackest night! There was no moon in sight! (You know the stars ain't shinnin cause the sky's too tight) "
Finaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
Raven

DCU credit union is like a dream come true
i'll never use a bank again
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
OLD GOAT
OLDGOAT7205963

Why not switch the loan to td bank???
OLD GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
FishermanTim

I 2X that.
See what your bank can do about getting an auto loan, and if they can get you an equal or better deal tell Chase to eff themselves!!!

Most times these banks/institutions have so many screw-the-customer fee and fine programs that when you press them for an answer on a particular fee/fine, they suddenly get all retarded and don't know a thing about banking!

DISCLAIMER***
My use of the word "retarded" is focusing on the willing lack of intelligence, the choice to be ignorant, and not as a reference to a mentally challenged individual in any way, shape or form
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
InTheHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
DCU credit union is like a dream come true
i'll never use a bank again
I second this, we have been with DCU for years, and I can't say enough about them. Never had any issues dealing with them.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day ...
show him where to fish and ... you'll be sorry
InTheHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #6
Finaddict

Thanks for the insight ... while TD may not be better than DCU, maybe they'd be better than Chase Auto Finance ... they are a bunch of rats ...

"It was the blackest night! There was no moon in sight! (You know the stars ain't shinnin cause the sky's too tight) "
Finaddict is offline   Reply With Quote