Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #31
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
your right - sorry about that. I should have said "a thread".

You want me to present evidence Where have you been the last week
if unnamed sources quoting unidentified women speaking on conditions of annonymity about something that we have almost no details of is your standard for "evidence"...and with that you conclude that he is a "sexual harasser"

some might consider that a lynch mob mentality
Old 11-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #32
Fly Rod

Regardless of what is being said about Herman Cain recently the latest poll taken Wednesday still has him as the front runner at 26% and Newt is third.

ScottW, you always bring up interesting points about the opposition which the liberal news media never mentions and the liberals seem to forget, maybe a case of altimers.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #33
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

You may want to wait until some evidence is supplied...

We don't want another Missing Muslim Birth Certificate incident on our hands now, Do We?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #34
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
if unnamed sources quoting unidentified women speaking on conditions of annonymity about something that we have almost no details of is your standard for "evidence"...and with that you conclude that he is a "sexual harasser"

some might consider that a lynch mob mentality
So now that Herman has admitted there was a settlement for sexual harassment, you want other evidence? Maybe there is video evidence?
Old 11-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #35
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Paul, I deal with this stuff at work on occasion. Sexual harrassment is one of those terms that is thrown around pretty loosely these days and employers get scared when they hear it. We've settled cases for low dollar amounts even thought we didn't believe the accuser just because it was cheaper than going to trial. Many cases that are settled are the typical "she said, he said" cases where it's hard to say who's telling the truth. Sometimes both people are telling the truth and it's all about how the other person interpreted it. One of the first things I say to all new managers in the company is that "perception is reality, so always think about what you say and how it can be interpreted".

there were some interesting posts earlier in your...I mean, the thread that were interesting which you seem to have ignored...but let's just lable him a sexual harasser...I'd like a lot more evidence...yes

I wonder how you would handle this if you were sitting in front of a potential employer and the other applicant for the position leveled non-specific charges from unnamed people and sources that you were unable to really speak about or elaborate on due to arrangements that were made many years ago....tough position to find youself in, I'd think...and the primary is about seeing who has what it takes to be Pres., so we'll see.....some people get better with adversity and some throw in the towel

also...seems to me that this is not the first time that this has occured, I seem to recall a pol adversely affected by accusations made whose "evidence" was included or part of a sealed divorce settlement/ agreement..., I'll remember who it was....

WOW...this is a really weird coincidence...

Subsequent to his withdrawal from the U.S. Senate race in Illinois, Jack Ryan has characterized what happened to him as a "new low for politics in America".[17] According to Ryan, it was unprecedented in American politics for a newspaper to sue for access to sealed custody documents. Ryan opposed unsealing the divorce records of Senator John Kerry during Kerry's race against George W. Bush in 2004, and Kerry's divorce records remained sealed. Ryan has made the following request: "let me be the only person this has happened to. Don’t ask for Ted Kennedy’s. Don’t ask for John McCain’s. Don’t ask for Joe Lieberman’s. Just stop. This is not a good precedent for American society if you really want the best and brightest to run."

Last edited by scottw; 11-03-2011 at 01:33 PM..
Old 11-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #36
PaulS

Quote:
there were some interesting posts earlier in your...- What are you 12? I mean, the thread that were interesting which you seem to have ignored..- I saw that post. Of course there are he said she said cases. But now there is a 3rd person (w/no settlement). It seems to me that if it happens 1 time, your carefull not to let it happen a 2nd time, never mind a 3rd. .but let's just lable him a sexual harasser...I'd like a lot more evidence...yes. Once Herman takes one of his 3 accusers up on the offer to release her from the settlement, I'm sure you'll have all the proof you'll need. So again, what do you want, video tape?I wonder how you would handle this if you were sitting in front of a potential employer and the other applicant for the position leveled non-specific charges from unnamed people and sources that you were unable to really speak about or elaborate on due to arrangements that were made many years ago....tough position to find youself in, I'd think...and the primary is about seeing who has what it takes to be Pres., so we'll see.....some people get better with adversity and some throw in the towel

But Herman after trying to sidestep the issue has now finally admitted he remembers the incidents - so there is "no unnamed people and sources". He knows what he did, who accused him and what the settlement was.
Stay tuned for the video tape?
Old 11-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #37
scottw

you are still assuming quite a bit...but let's apply your relativist thought that "I think both parties are just as bad" to this situation that has you all worked up...

3 women, allegations and a settlement

unless Herman told one to kiss it.....

bit another on the lip and then raped her and then told her to put some ice on that lip...

fondled another who just happened to be grieving over her recently deceased husband...

I'm pretty sure Paula Jones got a settlement...but don't tell anyone on the left that she was a Clinton victim...

On November 13, 1998, Clinton settled with Jones for $850,000, the entire amount of her claim, but without an apology, in exchange for her agreement to drop the appeal.

and this is just for starters...with Bill

and the worst of the allegations that we can decipher regarding Herman's behavior is a "gesture".....

so I guess if both parties are "just as bad", we can assume that since this couldn't possibly rise to the very low standards already established by a Democrat in High Esteem...neither party should regard this as a negative for a President of the United States...based on your "thinking"...although, honestly...I think that "one" party would find this, if true and egregious problematic for a candidate on either side, while "the other" party would consider it "resume enhancement" and a rallying cry for a candidate on their side but terribly unacceptable behavior from a candidate on the other side

I have no idea, and nor do you know, what the charges are/were, what the terms of the settlement may have been or even who may or may not have specific knowledge of the settlement or what the restrictive terms of any settlement were...

Last edited by scottw; 11-03-2011 at 02:56 PM..
Old 11-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #38
PaulS

Ok, your right. I defended Clinton and Cain hasn't received records amount of donations since it happened. Coulter didn't say "liberals are terrified of strong conservative black men" and Limbuagh didn't say "liberals are smearing Cain with the ugliest racial stereotyped".

We do know that 1 victim was given a years salary.

As I said repeatedly, Cain/NRA should release the woman from the confidentially part of the settlement.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #39
scottw

Quote:
Ok, your right. I defended Clinton and Cain hasn't received records amount of donations since it happened. We do know that 1 victim was given a years salary.

As I said repeatedly, Cain/NRA should release the woman from the confidentially part of the settlement.
I didn't say that you defended Clinton, but you did say that both parties are equally bad, so you must apply the equal standards to both parties, which means, despite what you seem to be frothing at to the mouth claim regarding Cain with very little to go on, to this point it's not likely to rise to the level of many other instances of bad behavior and as such....doesn't deserve the attention being generated...

I agree that it would be good to see all of the facts, I'd like to see Obama's thesis and some other things too...but they are sealed
Old 11-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #40
PaulS

Quote:
I didn't say that you defended Clinton, but you did say that both parties are equally bad, so you must apply the equal standards to both parties, which means, despite what you seem to be frothing at to the mouth I'm not frothing. I think the conservative reaction has been hilarous. Coulter's claiming liberals are afraid of strong conservative men, Limbaugh claiming liberals are smearing Cain with the ugliest racial stereotypes. Donations to Cain spiking up to record levels, your reaction to the postsclaim regarding Cain with very little to go on, to this point it's not likely to rise to the level of many other instances of bad behavior and as such....doesn't deserve the attention being generated...that is funny also after seeing post here on the actions by Obama and his wife - how many planes they took to Europe, if the dog went, what hotels they stayed, etc. Go back and look, I'm sure you participated in most of them

I agree that it would be good to see all of the facts, I'd like to see Obama's thesis and some other things too...but they are sealed Wanting to see a college thesis? Isn't that petty?

I want to see the settlement - come on Cain, release it.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
Just for you, Paul . . . how could he resist?
Old 11-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #42
scottw

Quote:
sounds like Cain hasn't even seen it as he recused himself, wasn't part of the investigation and was not a signatory on any confidentiality agreement, he claims that if all comes out he will be clear and let's hope it comes out soon although some seem to really enjoy the inuendo and speculation...

maybe it's time for a teary 60 Minutes interview where he says he's caused some pain but will never ever, ever, ever do it again if we elect him...wait...we don't even know if or what he did or who he did or didn't do it to.....these little details are so bothersome

Networks Hit Cain Story 50 Times in Less Than Four Days; Ignored Clinton Scandals By: Scott Whitlock Thursday, November 03, 2011 12:25 PM EDT

Over a period of just three and a half days, NBC, CBS and ABC have developed an insatiable hunger for the Herman Cain sexual harassment story, devoting an incredible 50 stories to the allegations since Monday morning. In contrast, over a similar period these networks mostly ignored far more substantial and serious scandals relating to Bill Clinton.

This pattern continued on Wednesday night and into Thursday as the evening newscasts and morning shows highlighted the story 19 times. On Good Morning America, Brian Ross offered innuendo and slung gossip, recounting, "But behind the scenes, several of the campaigns are still urging reporters to continue to dig, George, saying, there's more to be found in the private life of Herman Cain." [MP3 audio here.]

In comparison, over a similar three-day period these same programs were far less interested in charges against Democrat Bill Clinton. After Paula Jones held a public press conference in February of 1994, there was only one report on her allegations.

Following Kathleen Willey's July 1997 claims of being groped by the President, there were a mere three reports. For Juanita Broaddrick, who came forward in February 1999 to say Clinton raped her, only three stories followed charges appearing in the Wall Street Journal.

It should also be pointed out that all these women offered their names. They weren't anonymous. Additionally, the accusations of assault and rape go far beyond what's being mentioned with the Cain scandal.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #43
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Just for you, Paul . . . how could he resist?
Why not? Especially since for over 12 months wackos were asking the pres. to release his birth certificate

Now Scott wants to see his college thesis! What's next his 6th grade grades?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #44
detbuch

Quote:
Why not? Especially since for over 12 months wackos were asking the pres. to release his birth certificate

Now Scott wants to see his college thesis! What's next his 6th grade grades?
But your not a wacko . . . are you? You're better than that. Don't act like the wackos.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:36 AM   #45
scottw

Quote:
But your not a wacko . . . are you? You're better than that. Don't act like the wackos.
no, Paul occupies a pedestal in the enlightened center where ideaology and politics never play a part in his thinking....

if Herman has a sense of humor he'll release a Certificate of Live Settlement today, partially redacted and sparse on details along with a signed statement by a Board Member stating that they've seen the Long Form Settlement and can assure eveyone that there is absolutely nothing in there of any relevance and then seal it...
Herman can then mock and impune anyone from that point forward that suggests there's anything more to this...
probably drag it out for 2 or three years....

of course I'd like to see his college thesis, he's brilliant and I'm sure that it is quite insightful, we know what Hillary wrote her college thesis about, maybe it was something similar?

MSNBC
Just as conservative authors have speculated, it was the Clintons who asked Wellesley in 1993 to hide Hillary Rodham's senior thesis from the first generation of Clinton biographers, according to her thesis adviser and friend, professor Alan H. Schechter, who describes taking the call from the White House.

Wellesley's president, Nannerl Overholser Keohane, approved a broad rule with a specific application: The senior thesis of every Wellesley alumna is available in the college archives for anyone to read -- except for those written by either a "president or first lady of the United States."

So far, that action has sealed precisely one document: Hillary Rodham’s senior honors thesis in political science, entitled " ‘There Is Only the Fight...’: An Analysis of the Alinsky Model." that's odd?

anyway, aren't these historical documents that usually end up on display in Presidential Libraries offering an insight into those that were but a select few who were chosen to lead ?

Last edited by scottw; 11-04-2011 at 07:21 AM..
Old 11-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #46
PaulS

Quote:
Your right in that the only reason I've posted anything here is to get people riled up (look at Scott's posts). The one thing I won't do is make derogatory comments about woman's looks.

In a few weeks, Cain will have faded off the news.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #47
PaulS

Quote:
So far, that action has sealed precisely one document: Hillary Rodham’s senior honors thesis in political science, entitled " ‘There Is Only the Fight...’: An Analysis of the Alinsky Model." that's odd?
I think you've uncovered a conspiracy. You should run w/it!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #48
scottw

it's unlikely that you will ever uncover anything

CNN
Bennett said his client, married for 26 years, will not reveal her identity because "she and her husband see no value in revisiting this matter now nor in discussing the matter any further publicly or privately."

Bennett released the statement after reaching an agreement to do so with the National Restaurant Association, the organization headed by Cain during the time of the alleged harassment. The group has an agreement with the alleged victim that includes a series of confidentiality and non-disparagement provisions.

Dawn Sweeney, the current head of the association, issued a statement confirming that in July 1999, Bennett's client "filed a formal internal complaint, in accordance with the association's existing policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment."

Cain, she noted, "disputed the allegations in the complaint."

Sweeney said the association is prepared to fully release Bennett's client from her confidentiality agreement in the event she wants to disclose additional details.

National Restaurant Association chairman during Cain’s tenure: ‘It’s a hatchet job’

By David Martosko - The Daily Caller Published: 6:33 PM 11/03/2011

Restaurant Association board chairman Joseph Fassler offered a firm defense of GOP presidential front-runner Herman Cain, along with an explanation for how Washington’s best-kept secret — the identities of Cain’s sexual-harassment accusers — was also kept from the association’s board.

Asked why no complaint about Herman Cain ever reached the board, Fassler put the episode in perspective, essentially seeing the amount of money involved as small-potatoes.

“This agreement? If it was of a major magnitude, I would have been shocked to not have known about it. So my takeaway was that it must not have been of a major magnitude,” he told TheDC.

Fassler drew a clear distinction between legal settlements for significant amounts of money and routine severance packages that would normally be handled far beneath the board’s level of responsibility.

“If it’s a routine matter, they don’t have to bring it to us. We never got it, so it was a routine matter.”

"There are no names, no sources, no evidence, and no documents. Yet the media is running wild over this..."

so let's see

LA Times..."The settlement included a nondisclosure agreement. But Bennett's client sought release from that provision this week, after Cain dismissed the sexual harassment complaints -- first reported Sunday by Politico -- as untrue.

CNN...."Sweeney said the association is prepared to fully release Bennett's client from her confidentiality agreement in the event she wants to disclose additional details."

CNN..."Bennett said his client, married for 26 years, will not reveal her identity because "she and her husband see no value in revisiting this matter now nor in discussing the matter any further publicly or privately."

soooo...make a bunch of inflammatory charges and then just go away?

PAULS QUOTE ..."Once Herman takes one of his 3 accusers up on the offer to release her from the settlement, I'm sure you'll have all the proof you'll need. So again, what do you want, video tape?"[/

what would you like Herman to release Paul?

Last edited by scottw; 11-05-2011 at 05:28 AM..
Old 11-05-2011, 05:08 AM   #49
scottw

Quote:
I think you've uncovered a conspiracy. You should run w/it!
read a little Alinsky, recognize who the Alinskites are and look at what's going on in the streets of America right now, then tell me if you think it's funny....

"Obama learned his lesson well. I am proud to see that my father's model for organizing is being applied successfully beyond local community organizing to affect the Democratic campaign in 2008. It is a fine tribute to Saul Alinsky as we approach his 100th birthday." --Letter from L. DAVID ALINSKY, son of Neo-Marxist Saul Alinsky
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1311662701.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	49104  
Old 11-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #50
PaulS

Scott, I still think I had the best diarama in 2nd grade. Any chance you can find out if Sue Smith got a better grade than me. That seems up your alley.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #51
scottw

Quote:
Scott, I still think I had the best diarama in 2nd grade. Any chance you can find out if Sue Smith got a better grade than me. That seems up your alley.
5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. Saul Alinsky

I have twin second graders...they both spell better than you

Originally Posted by PaulS

you've been wrong about nearly everything else...let's revisit this one in a few weeks, shall we?

Last edited by scottw; 11-05-2011 at 02:43 PM..
Old 11-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #52
PaulS

Quote:
5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. Saul Alinsky

I have twin second graders...they both spell better than you

Originally Posted by PaulS

you've been wrong about nearly everything else...let's revisit this one in a few weeks, shall we?
I hope your not as petty at home
Old 11-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #53
scottw

Quote:
I hope your not as petty at home
you're

don't have to be...they're smart

from the lawyer...CBS News

Bennett told CBS News earlier that Cain did not sign the initial settlement agreement, and that it's conceivable that Cain didn't even know about it. He repeated that assertion Friday afternoon.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #54
PaulS

Quote:
you're

don't have to be...they're smart

from the lawyer...CBS News

Bennett told CBS News earlier that Cain did not sign the initial settlement agreement, and that it's conceivable that Cain didn't even know about it. He repeated that assertion Friday afternoon.
petty.

Glad ther're smart. Twins must be a handfull.

Latest I heard is that he might even have left the NRA by the time the settlement was signed.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #55
scottw

Quote:
petty.

Glad ther're smart. Twins must be a handfull.

Latest I heard is that he might even have left the NRA by the time the settlement was signed.
just wanted to "rile you up"

but you would never do that
Old 11-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #56
PaulS

It's only the internet ,right? Who cares
Old 11-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #57
scottw

no comments from anyone on the continuing Cain saga???

after today's presser...either Cain is a congenital liar with a bad memory and a well hidden fondness for feeling up women that are not his wife or at least a penchant for dropping comments that make them blush...

or

the anonymous woman who I guess is no longer anonymous working in the Obama administration and the other anonymous woman who coincidentally happened to retain the same lawyer as the first anonymous woman(no word if she works in the Obama admin. yet) and the third anonymous woman who apparently is so anonymous that there is almost nothing known about that one and the Allred client from Chicago who just happend to share an address with Obama's top advisor and admits to knowing him and who responds to the hand of strange men up her skirt touching her stuff by saying "you know I have a boyfriend, right?"...and who was commented on by Bill Curtis of CBS Chicago as someone with quite a history and about whom there is much, much more to come..and now I guess an Obama voter who will be an Obama voter this time around too who thinks Cain may have suggested something regarding an audience member that asked him a question and felt the need to intervene but all she got for her trouble was the bill for some expensive wine?

this is really crazy which is likely the intent

3. "Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.) Saul Alinsky

could go either way I guess....

always bizarre coincidences in these things aren't there?..the most bizarre might be that the Allred client not only reportedly lived(and I think admittedly) at the same address as the presidents top advisor, David Axelrod...but she is also reportedly being pursued by a Chicago lawyer by the name of David Axelrod for money that she owes for something, it has been pointed out that these are not the same David Axelrods but I haven't seen any confirmation that they are not related in any way....Axelrod is such a common name...and it is Chicago....just weird...and I guess, coincidence...small world..huh?

anyone in the press ever ask Clinton or Obama if they'd be willing to take a lie detector test about anything?

"Uh, that guy(Bill Ayers)...he's just someone that happens to live in my neighborhood"...small world indeed....

Last edited by scottw; 11-09-2011 at 07:36 AM..
Old 11-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #58
scottw

OOPS!

more coincidence...no wonder she wanted to remain anonymous

AP Exclusive: Accuser filed complaint in next job - Yahoo! News

this is "normal"...right?

To settle the complaint at the immigration service, Kraushaar initially demanded thousands of dollars in payment, a reinstatement of leave she used after the accident earlier in 2002, promotion on the federal pay scale and a one-year fellowship to Harvard's Kennedy School of Government, according to a former supervisor familiar with the complaint. The promotion itself would have increased her annual salary between $12,000 and $16,000, according to salary tables in 2002 from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #59
Fly Rod

Kraushaar said Tuesday she did not remember details about the complaint and did not remember asking for a payment, a promotion or a Harvard fellowship. Bennett, her lawyer, declined to discuss the case with the AP, saying he considered it confidential.

Here is a person that could not remember the specifics of this case, but, can remember the Cain case, UMMMM.