Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-13-2017, 07:56 PM   #1
detbuch

What did Jesus say

So, wdmso, what is my agenda in posting this video? And what enlightening biographical information does Wikipedia give to explain Molyneux's creating it? And what is his agenda?

Old 01-14-2017, 04:32 AM   #2
wdmso

You cant give it up.. just admit it you think Islam is rotten to the core and all 1.6 billion of them are terrorists

I dont follow that same logic.. I offer a different perspective

if you Haven't noticed you seem to be they one posting stuff to support your Vision of what Islam is I have only replied to counter your argument

there is a difference you know between starting a thread and replying to one
Old 01-14-2017, 10:25 AM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You cant give it up.. just admit it you think Islam is rotten to the core and all 1.6 billion of them are terrorists

Why should I give it up--whatever you think I "give" is?

I don't think, or ever said, or ever implied, that all who call themselves Muslim are terrorists. None of the videos that I posted claimed that all Muslims are terrorists. The ex-Muslim in one of the videos specifically said that is not most of the people in Islam that are the problem, but that it is the religion itself.

As for terrorism, there is something about Islam that inspires what is called "terrorism."

And if Mohammad is the core of Islam, and if Mohammad is rotten, well . . .

I dont follow that same logic.. I offer a different perspective

Neither do I follow the logic which you say I follow. But I do actually discuss the logic.

if you Haven't noticed you seem to be they one posting stuff to support your Vision of what Islam is I have only replied to counter your argument

Your replies are posting stuff as well. If you reply every time I post, then you're posting as much on the subject as I am. Even though you qualify it as "only".

there is a difference you know between starting a thread and replying to one
There is a difference between a thread and a post.

There is also a difference between a discussion and a dismissal. Replies that try to dismiss threads or posts, without discussing the actual content in them, lack quality or sincerity. They promote ignorance.

The video that you're presumably replying to here, is not even about Islam. It is a great discussion about what Jesus actually said, and, in so far as it has been recorded, has been one of the most, if not THE most, pivotal contributions to the rise and consciousness of the importance of the individual over the collective.

And, once again, you don't discuss the content, you dismiss with your preconceived notion of me, or my "agenda." You really don't seem to have a clue what my agenda is. That's why I asked, in introducing the video, what you think my agenda is in showing it. Of course, as usual, you are off the mark. And you will not ever be on the mark, never know what my agenda is, if you won't actually engage in a discussion rather than a dismissal.

Here's a clue, I discuss other things rather than Islam. My discussions of Islam are part of a broader view. They are, however, intrinsically a piece of the full tapestry of that view. And this video on what Jesus said contains the kernel that weaves that tapestry. That's why I asked you what you think my agenda is in presenting it.