Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-18-2017, 01:17 PM   #1
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

64 dems plan on missing Inaugaration

Showing their true colors, politics first instead of wanting to unite the country
after all their rhetoric. Putting them selves first. Poor unpatriotic losers.

" Choose Life "
Old 01-18-2017, 01:57 PM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I agree
it is the UNITED States but self absorbed political hacks want to call attention to themselves, they were probably spoiled as children.
time for them to grow up and get over themselves along with the rest of the crybabies

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:32 PM   #3
Nebe

So it's ok to have an obstructionist house and senate for the past bunch of years that tried to block obama from doing anything but this is a bad thing? Ok.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-18-2017, 02:43 PM   #4
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I don't recall Republicans doing this at Obama's inauguration or even having any sitdowns in congress like a hissy fit

In order to get things done there has to be compromise and agreements, to just totally turn up your nose is a defeatists attitude

someone needs to lead negotiations, and I am willing to bet Trump will do more of that than Obama ever did

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:52 PM   #5
MikeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I agree
probably spoiled as children.
time for them to grow up and get over themselves along with the rest of the crybabies
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You guys paying attention to his EPA nominee, figure at least a site with a bunch of fishing/hunting guys that would move the needle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trump.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	63766   Click image for larger version

Name:	trump kids.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	63767  
Old 01-18-2017, 07:03 PM   #6
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
So it's ok to have an obstructionist house and senate for the past bunch of years that tried to block obama from doing anything but this is a bad thing? Ok.
Respect the office and the democratic process, especially when in an elected office themselves..... As for obstructionist, isn't this the political operandi we have come to live with, no matter which party is in the White House? Not saying I agree with it at all. None of these current Congressional members knows how to get a deal done. Tip ONeill and Reagan could sit down and get things done for the benefit of the people. Both could negotiate, and come out with a beneficial product. Now we have two parties so divided that they must "win" at all costs and the public be damned..... I am a right leaning conservative independent. Voted against Hillary. So I therefore support the only candidate that could have kept her out of that office. Voting in a sophomoric senator with no qualifications to the White House for two terms and then voting in Elizabeth lying Warren to the Senate?????? It should not surprise you to see the pendulum swing to the other extreme. And that is how you get to a Trump White House.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:37 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
That is how it is supposed to be. The President is supposed to execute the will of Congress, not the other way around. When Obama and Congress were on the same page, he "did" what he wanted. In actuality, he did what Congress wanted by not vetoing it. His Democat controlled Congress passed the ACA. Even though not one Republican Congressman voted for it. Whenever the Republican controlled Congress wanted to pass something, Obama vetoed it, and was successful in doing so because the Democrats in the Senate backed his veto. This is how it has always been. And it will be the same during Trump's tenure. Whatever he thinks he wants to "do" will actually be what Congress wants to do. Even it's his idea, or what he campaigned on. It will be Congress's decision--Congress's prerogative.

Of course, there is the executive order nonsense. Obama "did" a lot with that. Trump may do the same.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:11 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
. Tip ONeill and Reagan could sit down and get things done for the benefit of the people. Both could negotiate, and come out with a beneficial product. .
Chief of Staff Don Regan’s description of the Reagan-O’Neill relationship: “Sometimes they’d have a meeting and Tip would be there and they’re laughing and getting along and it’s very warm. And then, Tip would leave, go up to the Hill and turn on him just like a snake! It was treachery!’

“The evil is in the White House at the present time. And that evil is a man who has no care and no concern for the working class of America and the future generations of America, and who likes to ride a horse. He’s cold. He’s mean. He’s got ice water for blood.” Tip O'Neill 1984

I don't think you'll find a Reagan quote describing O'Neill in such a way....Reagan understood our system of government and the role of the Presidency, had to work with/through O'Neill.....Reagan was the better man no doubt.....

the left has created the environment that has allowed Trump to become president and has also given him powers that will likely make them apoplectic for the next 4-8 years...can't say they weren't warned....

this was a very popular meme for the left in this country over the last 8 years...I wonder if it still applies?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	63768  
Old 01-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #9
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
The reason for the Inaugaration is to celebrate the peaceful transition of
power and swearing in of the new Commander in Chief, not the time or place for politics.

Last edited by justplugit; 01-19-2017 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: sp

" Choose Life "
Old 01-20-2017, 02:38 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think you are a bit off, here's why...

Voting on bills is obviously a partisan, political act.

The presidential inauguration is not a political event. It is NOT an endorsement of the new President. It is a civic celebration of maybe the most gloriously democratic feature of our nation - the peaceful (except for the liberal rioters, naturally) transfer of power from one leader to the next.

Skipping an inauguration is a crummy thing for an elected official to do. If you want to block every policy Trump wants to endorse, fine. But the man won the election, and the fact that we had the election, is worth celebrating, REGARDLESS OF WHO WINS.

Liberals don't buy this. All they care about is getting their way, every single time.

When was the last time, in this nation, that the police had to fire tear gas, and break out riot gear, because of a conservative political protest? How come that never happens?
Old 01-20-2017, 02:42 PM   #11
scottw

I hope Spence could see the inauguration from up in Canada...starting to wonder if they have the internets where he moved up there....
Old 01-20-2017, 02:50 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I hope Spence could see the inauguration from up in Canada...starting to wonder if they have the internets where he moved up there....
or in a jail cell in DC, trying to wash the tear gas out of his eyes...
Old 01-20-2017, 04:54 PM   #13
FishermanTim

64 Dems didn't show up....and nobody noticed or cared!

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 01-21-2017, 05:30 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
64 Dems didn't show up....and nobody noticed or cared!
and democrats/leftists and smashing, burning and breaking things in their collective tantrum and nobody is surprised