Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-22-2017, 09:26 AM   #1
wdmso

So it has started

President Donald Trump has accused the media of dishonesty over the number of people attending his inauguration.

Mr Trump's press secretary said it had been "the largest audience to ever see an inauguration"

He said the new US administration would hold the media accountable.

Visiting the Central Intelligence Agency headquarters in Langley, Virginia, Trump said that one network had estimated a turnout of 250,000 at the National Mall.

WOW I see this the day I get back from Mexico With all the other "Carnage " He see in this US. he and his people are worried about crowd size ? Pictures dont lie ... and he complained to the CIA as well He is the POTUS no matter how many people showed or did not show to his Inauguration

He is nationalistic , Isolationist, narcissistic and has authoritarian tendencies .. you just dont know which one your going to get on a what day this just re enforces what I see and its only day 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a17.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	63784  
Old 01-22-2017, 10:07 AM   #2
Nebe

Isn't fascism fun ? Get used to it. Mussolini is smiling from his grave.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-22-2017, 10:52 AM   #3
PaulS

You 2 better watch what you say.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:39 AM   #4
scottw

democrat rent-a-mobs are always larger...none of them have jobs
Old 01-22-2017, 08:21 PM   #5
Jim in CT

It was an idiotic thing to say. What gain is there, to lying about something so stupid and unimportant?
Old 01-22-2017, 08:58 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
It was an idiotic thing to say. What gain is there, to lying about something so stupid and unimportant?
What I like is that it points out how stupid and unimportant the so called news about the size of the crowds was in the first place.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:18 PM   #7
Nebe

Quote:
This is just the beginning of the show. Sit down and grab the popcorn.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:32 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
The show started a long time ago.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:08 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well, with a phone call, Trump saved hundreds of Carrier jobs, jobs that Obama specifically said could not be saved, and for which Obama mocked Trump for suggesting he could save them.

Do you prefer a horse's azz who can get things done, or an eloquent buffoon?

If that's what we can look forward to for 4 years (adding jobs without adding trillions to the debt), then sign me up.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:09 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
What I like is that it points out how stupid and unimportant the so called news about the size of the crowds was in the first place.
Agreed 100%. But Trump needs to learn to let these things go, he doesn't need to respond to every stupid attack. He's going to get attacked without pause for the next 4 years, he needs to learn to let some things bounce off him.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:16 AM   #11
Nebe

Just wait till the bombs start flying.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:44 AM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
Agreed 100%. But Trump needs to learn to let these things go, he doesn't need to respond to every stupid attack. He's going to get attacked without pause for the next 4 years, he needs to learn to let some things bounce off him.
It's apparently not who he is. He's been doing this for over a year now. It got him the nomination. Then it got him the Presidency. It is, actually, very entertaining.

It exposes the social and political pimples, boils, and blisters in our "system." He's brought out the mad dogs howling at the gates--the women's march with all its ridiculous bombast; the eternally whorish Madonna; the idiotic Black Lives Matter; the self-important motion picture actors who think that because the public "believes" them when they mouth fictional scripts in movies that it will do the same when they mouth phony political talking points; the even more self-important press which has been exposed to be the biased tools which they denied being in the past; and the utterly uber-self-important politicians with their perpetually lying, hypocritical, phony selves accusing him of the foibles they have owned from time immemorial.

Even in this little irrelevant episode, when they pointed out that he was "lying" about the size of his crowd, it gave his spokespeople the opportunity to point out that in the same day one of the news agencies falsely accused him of removing the statue of MLK from some room in the white house, and another had just previously falsely stated that Rick Perry, his nominee for Energy Secretary, didn't know what that office was supposed to do.

It's going to go back and forth like this until the media is able to politically destroy him, or, if not, it will wound itself to the point that its credibility is worse than his.

As eben says, get out the popcorn.

But make no mistake, it's not just a circus performance for our enjoyment. It is the political battle to define "who we are" (as they like to say when Progressives try to paint us with their version) as a nation--a constitutional republic or a democracy; a sovereign nation or part of an overarching world order; a polity of free individuals or worker bees and dependents of the collective.

And, maybe, neither Trump nor the Press realizes that.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:37 AM   #13
Nebe

In all honesty here... I read something yesterday from Tom Hanks and it struck a chord. "I hope he does so well that I will want to vote for him in 4 years". I will sit back and watch what unfolds.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:58 AM   #14
wdmso

The Bigger issue is his press secretary in no uncertain terms Told the press you cover the issues and stories we want you to cover or there will be consequences

then they double down with ‘Alternative facts’

I recall much outrage from the Right about how much Trash was left in 2009 4 million people attended the inauguration and how little the tea party 70,000 people who attended the rally a few weeks later

but they left out most trash cans had been removed for security reasons http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...012103900.html

The story was covered as was the crowd size in 2009 as it was 2017

No response from the Obama press secretary giving ‘Alternative facts’

But yet once again President Trump has used the office in an attempt to influence what News gets Covered .... and His supporters Love it... thats the Scariest part of all....

And I think they want to increase the press room to allow more "new's people " AKA internet supporters . so they can avoid answering real questions from those sources that wont carry their message ...
Old 01-23-2017, 09:01 AM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
Maybe Obama told him in his letter how to do just that.. Seeing he did it for 8 years
Old 01-23-2017, 09:25 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
It's apparently not who he is. He's been doing this for over a year now. It got him the nomination. Then it got him the Presidency. It is, actually, very entertaining.

It exposes the social and political pimples, boils, and blisters in our "system." He's brought out the mad dogs howling at the gates--the women's march with all its ridiculous bombast; the eternally whorish Madonna; the idiotic Black Lives Matter; the self-important motion picture actors who think that because the public "believes" them when they mouth fictional scripts in movies that it will do the same when they mouth phony political talking points; the even more self-important press which has been exposed to be the biased tools which they denied being in the past; and the utterly uber-self-important politicians with their perpetually lying, hypocritical, phony selves accusing him of the foibles they have owned from time immemorial.

Even in this little irrelevant episode, when they pointed out that he was "lying" about the size of his crowd, it gave his spokespeople the opportunity to point out that in the same day one of the news agencies falsely accused him of removing the statue of MLK from some room in the white house, and another had just previously falsely stated that Rick Perry, his nominee for Energy Secretary, didn't know what that office was supposed to do.

It's going to go back and forth like this until the media is able to politically destroy him, or, if not, it will wound itself to the point that its credibility is worse than his.

As eben says, get out the popcorn.

But make no mistake, it's not just a circus performance for our enjoyment. It is the political battle to define "who we are" (as they like to say when Progressives try to paint us with their version) as a nation--a constitutional republic or a democracy; a sovereign nation or part of an overarching world order; a polity of free individuals or worker bees and dependents of the collective.

And, maybe, neither Trump nor the Press realizes that.
I don't disagree with any of that, and maybe it's time for both sides to take the gloves off so to speak, and see who we are when the bell rings.

But I don't see how it helps his cause, to give his critics (and hell, his supporters) legitimate reasons to be embarrassed.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Maybe Obama told him in his letter how to do just that.. Seeing he did it for 8 years
Now THAT is hysterical. Did Obama ever let anything bounce off him? He spent 8 years whining about Foxnews, criticizing Rush Limbaugh by name...
Old 01-23-2017, 11:16 AM   #18
FishermanTim

I'm still waiting for Trump to get HIS Nobel Peace prize.

Heck, if Obama can get one just for being a black president without having done one thing to earn it, surely Trump is due one as well?

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 01-23-2017, 11:31 AM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
I don't disagree with any of that, and maybe it's time for both sides to take the gloves off so to speak, and see who we are when the bell rings.

But I don't see how it helps his cause, to give his critics (and hell, his supporters) legitimate reasons to be embarrassed.
Trump is a perpetual fountain of embarrassment. He wears embarrassment on his sleeve. And his sleeves are like duck feathers, embarrassment just rolls off and he keeps moving forward. Trying to embarrass him is futile. It is almost an endearing quality. It's sort of like the kid who clumsily swings at bad pitches but keeps trying to hit them all the while being made fun of by the "better" players. You tend to root for the kid, not side with the meanies. Especially if you don't like the meanies to begin with.

Trump supporters didn't like the media long before he came along. The more it rags on him, the more they dislike it. His fight with the media, with the Washington establishment (including Republicans) may well be a plus for his cause, regardless of its embarrassing moments.

What more likely will hurt his cause is if he turns away from it. If he chooses to be "correct" rather than embarrassing, and becomes an acceptable politician who nicely fits in with our ruling crowd.

In terms of actually important stuff, he seems to be getting off to a quick and good start.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:06 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump is a perpetual fountain of embarrassment. He wears embarrassment on his sleeve. And his sleeves are like duck feathers, embarrassment just rolls off and he keeps moving forward. Trying to embarrass him is futile. It is almost an endearing quality. It's sort of like the kid who clumsily swings at bad pitches but keeps trying to hit them all the while being made fun of by the "better" players. You tend to root for the kid, not side with the meanies. Especially if you don't like the meanies to begin with.

Trump supporters didn't like the media long before he came along. The more it rags on him, the more they dislike it. His fight with the media, with the Washington establishment (including Republicans) may well be a plus for his cause, regardless of its embarrassing moments.

What more likely will hurt his cause is if he turns away from it. If he chooses to be "correct" rather than embarrassing, and becomes an acceptable politician who nicely fits in with our ruling crowd.

In terms of actually important stuff, he seems to be getting off to a quick and good start.
He is off to an amazing start in terms of jobs and stock market confidence.

As to the rest...he can fight the fights that need fighting, without being a crybaby, and without being overtly offensive.

I'd rather have an effective jerk than a nice guy who can't do anything right.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:18 PM   #21
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm worried about you Nebe

We all know how Donald exaggerates, who cares
he has an ego, that is why he cares

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
Now THAT is hysterical. Did Obama ever let anything bounce off him? He spent 8 years whining about Foxnews, criticizing Rush Limbaugh by name...
you have to kidding you think a comment like this Obama admitted in a softball interview with Rolling Stone that he “disagrees” with Fox News. No shock there, but added he believes Fox has a “destructive viewpoint.”

is the same your press guy attacking the press corps ??

seems the hate is still strong to even make that comparison..

Trumps policy is to discredit the press and media who he see's as a threat and Obama's was his opinion (no policy)

one is far more dangerous than the other and if you dont know which is and why I cant help

Found these points on line.. they apply to this issue very well seeing many have forgot the rights behavior towards the 43r and 44th POTUS

many called him a muslim ,stated he wasn't born here ,people on the street carried pictures of him as Hitler, openly stated to oppose him at every turn ,

now the right want us to be tolerant move forward denounce protesters get over it accept it

now its your turn to tolerate the ridicule make no mistake every single thing that goes wrong in our country in Now Trumps Fault as mush as many thought it was Obamas
Old 01-23-2017, 01:55 PM   #23
Cool Beans

Click image for larger version

Name:	hillary.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	63788

And here's the crowd at Hillary's Inauguration LOL
Old 01-23-2017, 02:16 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
you have to kidding you think a comment like this Obama admitted in a softball interview with Rolling Stone that he “disagrees” with Fox News. No shock there, but added he believes Fox has a “destructive viewpoint.”

Trumps policy is to discredit the press and media who he see's as a threat and Obama's was his opinion (no policy)

one is far more dangerous than the other and if you dont know which is and why I cant help

Found these points on line.. they apply to this issue very well seeing many have forgot the rights behavior towards the 43r and 44th POTUS

many called him a muslim ,stated he wasn't born here ,people on the street carried pictures of him as Hitler, openly stated to oppose him at every turn ,

now the right want us to be tolerant move forward denounce protesters get over it accept it

now its your turn to tolerate the ridicule make no mistake every single thing that goes wrong in our country in Now Trumps Fault as mush as many thought it was Obamas
"you have to kidding you think a comment like this Obama admitted in a softball interview with Rolling Stone that he “disagrees” with Fox News"

Ummm...I hate to break it to you, but that is FAR from the only comment that Obama made about Foxnews. He whined about them non-stop, he kicked them off his plane when campaigning in 2008. He also excluded 2 other outlets that endorsed John McCain. You know, because of tolerance and such.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2...6156794&page=1

Here, Obama tried to exclude Foxnews from the pool of networks that shares costs of covering the White House. This was so outrageous, even the other networks which love Obama, stood up for Foxnews.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/tipping-p...-for-fox-news/

Where do you get your news, if you genuinely believe that he only took one shot at Foxnews in 8 years?

Obama had every TV station except one, rooting for him. That wasn't good enough, all he did was whine about Foxnews.

Obama was a very thin-skinned, vindictive man who had zero tolerance for anyone who disagreed with him. We are bitter clingers, Foxnews was out to get him, blah blah blah.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:19 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:

"Trumps policy is to discredit the press and media who he see's as a threat and Obama's was his opinion (no policy)"

Obama was not just offering opinion. He tried to prevent Foxnews from doing it's job. That's an attack on the freedom of the press, and that's why Fox's competition stood up to Obama's totalitarian inclinations and told him that he couldn't do that. He was most certainly doing more than offering his opinion. And if you ihtnk those actions are no different than stating an opinion, perhaps you are the one who can't be helped.

You cannot repudiate me by posting evidence that Trump is a jerk, because I am not denying that. We agree on that. Where we disagree, is that you are fine with it, when Obama does the same things. Just like this women's rights march, none of those women care what Bill Clinton or Ted Kennedy did, but they are horrified about what Trump said. So it's OK when Democrats objectify women, it's only an issue when Republicans do it? It's a joke.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:32 PM   #26
Sea Dangles

Some hear only what they choose to hear. Then pretend to be well informed. Then they open their keyboard and provide proof of their ignorance.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:35 PM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
"you have to kidding you think a comment like this Obama admitted in a softball interview with Rolling Stone that he “disagrees” with Fox News"

Ummm...I hate to break it to you, but that is FAR from the only comment that Obama made about Foxnews. He whined about them non-stop, he kicked them off his plane when campaigning in 2008. He also excluded 2 other outlets that endorsed John McCain. You know, because of tolerance and such.

WOW one plane ride what a conspiracy

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2...6156794&page=1

Here, Obama tried to exclude Foxnews from the pool of networks that shares costs of covering the White House. This was so outrageous, even the other networks which love Obama, stood up for Foxnews.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/tipping-p...-for-fox-news/

Where do you get your news, if you genuinely believe that he only took one shot at Foxnews in 8 years?

Obama had every TV station except one, rooting for him. That wasn't good enough, all he did was whine about Foxnews.

Obama was a very thin-skinned, vindictive man who had zero tolerance for anyone who disagreed with him. We are bitter clingers, Foxnews was out to get him, blah blah blah.
PS ^^^^ First of all, Fox omitted the fact that it was the Treasury Department that handled the interviews, not the White House.

As i said the hate is deep with you! and your missing the Point Trump is After all Media .... and it is His policy.......

"You tell people a lie 3 times, they will believe anything. You tell people what they want to hear, play to their fantasies. Then you close the deal."

These are the words of Donald Trump (The Art of the Deal)
----
Old 01-23-2017, 03:55 PM   #28
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Some hear only what they choose to hear. Then pretend to be well informed. Then they open their keyboard and provide proof of their ignorance.
... what a surprise care to comment on the the topic or just another drive by our local Internet Troll ?
Old 01-23-2017, 04:29 PM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
"Trumps policy is to discredit the press and media who he see's as a threat and Obama's was his opinion (no policy)"

Obama was not just offering opinion. He tried to prevent Foxnews from doing it's job. That's an attack on the freedom of the press, and that's why Fox's competition stood up to Obama's totalitarian inclinations and told him that he couldn't do that. He was most certainly doing more than offering his opinion. And if you ihtnk those actions are no different than stating an opinion, perhaps you are the one who can't be helped.

You cannot repudiate me by posting evidence that Trump is a jerk, because I am not denying that. We agree on that. Where we disagree, is that you are fine with it, when Obama does the same things. Just like this women's rights march, none of those women care what Bill Clinton or Ted Kennedy did, but they are horrified about what Trump said. So it's OK when Democrats objectify women, it's only an issue when Republicans do it? It's a joke.

We are dealing with the Now.. you cant repudiate me as well by posting evidence of others short comings as an excuses for the justification to Defend The Trump Administration

Trumps Press Secretary and Trump himself said they are at war with the media

Yet White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs acknowledged to Fox News’ White House Correspondent Major Garrett that a low level Treasury staffer made a mistake in attempting to exclude Fox from the pool interviews.

And from this you conclude the following

"He tried to prevent Foxnews from doing it's job. That's an attack on the freedom of the press, and that's why Fox's competition stood up to Obama's totalitarian inclinations"

but Have Zero issues with Trumps Press Secretary statements Or Trumps comments about the media Shocking
Old 01-23-2017, 05:45 PM   #30
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:

Madonna ???