Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-30-2017, 08:34 AM   #1
Nebe

Chilling

Possibly over the top but very chilling to read. I hope that this is wrong.

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/tr...1d5#.k7qqd7av2
Old 01-30-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I agree it is scary to speculate

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:05 AM   #3
wdmso

I am not one for tin foil hat conspiracies .. having 2 recently retired Generals 1 at homeland security and Sec of defense have raised an eye brow and the Bannon move .. we'll see its still early.. the real test will be if theres an attack on US soil.. which I hope will never happen , and how the Administration handles it

Last edited by wdmso; 01-30-2017 at 09:10 AM..
Old 01-30-2017, 09:40 AM   #4
Nebe

Well... I wasn't going to go there but since you did, I will say that is where my mind went. And hey... if more than 1 plane flies into a trump tower, he can get paid double for each additional plane just like the World Trade Center.

Just thinking out loud...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-31-2017, 06:57 AM   #5
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
And hey... if more than 1 plane flies into a trump tower, he can get paid double

Just thinking out loud...
or 100 mini drones = 1 big drone
Old 01-31-2017, 08:28 PM   #6
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Possibly over the top but very chilling to read. I hope that this is wrong.

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/tr...1d5#.k7qqd7av2
Don't know many people that have pledged an oath to the Constitution do you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I am not one for tin foil hat conspiracies .. having 2 recently retired Generals 1 at homeland security and Sec of defense have raised an eye brow and the Bannon move .. we'll see its still early.. the real test will be if theres an attack on US soil.. which I hope will never happen , and how the Administration handles it
You HAVE pledged the oath, and you know the mindset of the millions that have pledged, to the Constitution. Asking you very seriously as though while we disagree on many things I have utmost faith in your seriousness of that pledge.

Do you for a minute believe that the millions in the military, current and former, would go along with this? Do you think Mattis, Comey, Hayden, Sessions would be OK with this? Congress? JCS? Private Smith? Gunny Jones?

Trump is a tool and a fool, but he is not Gaius Baltar (Geeks will understand the reference).

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 01-31-2017, 08:43 PM   #7
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Do you for a minute believe that the millions in the military, current and former, would go along with this? Do you think Mattis, Comey, Hayden, Sessions would be OK with this? Congress? JCS? Private Smith? Gunny Jones?

Trump is a tool and a fool, but he is not Gaius Baltar (Geeks will understand the reference).
No, but I can see them saying #^&#^&#^&#^& this #^&#^&#^&#^& if they get left out of discussions like the EO on travel restrictions. Rumor is Mattis and the rest are pissed for not being included in this discussion.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 01-31-2017, 09:46 PM   #8
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
No, but I can see them saying #^&#^&#^&#^& this #^&#^&#^&#^& if they get left out of discussions like the EO on travel restrictions. Rumor is Mattis and the rest are pissed for not being included in this discussion.
They would get rightly pi$$ed, but we are talking apples and core beliefs.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 01-31-2017, 11:19 PM   #9
scottw

Quote:
. Rumor is Mattis and the rest are pissed for not being included in this discussion.
oh good....rumors....
Old 01-31-2017, 11:38 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
oh good....rumors....
Yeah, rumors . . . and fake news . . . how can we go wrong?
Old 02-01-2017, 05:57 AM   #11
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Yeah, rumors . . . and fake news . . . how can we go wrong?
Right.... We had 8 years of fake news and Internet theories on the last president, I guess old habits die hard.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 02-01-2017, 05:58 AM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Don't know many people that have pledged an oath to the Constitution do you.

You HAVE pledged the oath, and you know the mindset of the millions that have pledged, to the Constitution. Asking you very seriously as though while we disagree on many things I have utmost faith in your seriousness of that pledge.

Do i think it will happen no .. not in the form of complete take over

I have seen in my 25 years of military service is as politicalization of the Officer Corps and there willingness to express their political views which was once a core value for officer to be A political..

I see a willingness of Trump supporters to support a total war concept and give Trump a blank check.. read some of the breitbart comments heres just 1 of many "I thought President Trump might dissolve the Senate, you can conduct business without the rest of them stinking the pot." REF TO DEMOCRATS

the cabinet appointments some with out a mind of their own and personal agendas (not America 1st agenda )

Tumps moves on the national security board: Trump will reinstate the director of the CIA as a regular Principals Committee member. But the President will keep his chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, as a regular committee member while the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff will not be regular attendees.

its all these things when you combine them together start to form the possibility of a fundmental change in Governing here in the united states ... Change is always needed but let not throw the baby out with the bathwater just to see what happens
Old 02-01-2017, 06:26 AM   #13
scottw

Quote:

Do i think it will happen no .. not in the form of complete take over
well that's a relief....maybe just some camps for distraught snowflakes who need counseling and maybe some additional sensitivity training to teach them how to be tolerant and understanding of others...
Old 02-01-2017, 06:29 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:
its all these things when you combine them together start to form the possibility of a fundmental change in Governing here in the united states ... Change is always needed but let not throw the baby out with the bathwater just to see what happens
fundamental hope and change baby......heard that somewhere before
Old 02-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #15
JohnR

My kid (in HS) told me yesterday other students were crying and saying Trump was going to make Muslims sew crescents on all their clothes.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-01-2017, 10:42 AM   #16
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
My kid (in HS) told me yesterday other students were crying and saying Trump was going to make Muslims sew crescents on all their clothes.
I hope you got all their addresses....so you can go by their houses and Dope-Slap all their parents.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-01-2017, 11:36 AM   #17
detbuch

Quote:
Right.... We had 8 years of fake news and Internet theories on the last president, I guess old habits die hard.
Exactly . . . except we've had fake news ever since news was invented, not just eight years. But you are right. Old habits die hard. Except it is more, unfortunately, than just habit. Some is intentional. Some is ignorance. Much is stupidity.

You're certainly correct, in a Martian viewing earthlings sense, in seeing a never ending pattern of one side spewing fake news every eight years, then the other side spewing fake news the following 8 years (give or take intermittent time periods), so now it's the Democrats turn to do it. It is, however, that sort of emotional tit-for-tat, you did it so I'll do it, insincerity that helps to keep us divided. It's the Hatfield's vs. the McCoy's syndrome which blinds us to the real problem so prevents us from solving it. That's usually the problem with all human conflicts.

It usually takes an intermediary, a judge of some sort, to resolve the conflict to the satisfaction of all sides (or else it takes a war in which all sides but one is eliminated). That judge must convince all sides to agree with, abide with, a common principle. If there is no principle on which agreement can be reached, then there is war.

In my opinion, we are clinging to the tattered edge of the principle that united us not too long ago. If that principle cannot be restored to its ruling power, then another one must be found, soon. Or the petty skirmishes that have been inflicting us and escalating to the present displays of hysteria may morph into that dreaded three letter word.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:44 PM   #18
PaulS

Quote:
Crazy. At least they will grow up and loose that naivete.

But how about those grown ups who thought the US was going to take over Texas during Jade Helm.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:26 PM   #19
wdmso

the US Ambassador to the United nations Nikki Haley stated

Our goal with the admin is to show value at the UN and the way that we will do that is to show strength, show our voice, have the backs of our allies and make sure our allies have our back as well," Haley said. "For those who don't have our backs, we're taking names."

is this the sopranos or Diplomat apprentice
Old 02-01-2017, 10:20 PM   #20
JohnR

WDMSO: Agree on the Apolitical... Politics was more burried but not as open as it seems to be today. I have had similar conversations with recently retired O5/O6s

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Crazy. At least they will grow up and loose that naivete.

But how about those grown ups who thought the US was going to take over Texas during Jade Helm.
Most won't look at college campuses today.

Yes - JH - that was silly. Early right side fake news - but that does not happen on the left...

Quote:
the US Ambassador to the United nations Nikki Haley stated

Our goal with the admin is to show value at the UN and the way that we will do that is to show strength, show our voice, have the backs of our allies and make sure our allies have our back as well," Haley said. "For those who don't have our backs, we're taking names."

is this the sopranos or Diplomat apprentice
We need balance. We don't need a wildly offensive foreign policy no more than we need horrible rudderless FP like the last 8 years.

We need a Bush Sr level FP.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-03-2017, 05:57 AM   #21
Raven

south park kids all got put in jail
Old 02-03-2017, 06:04 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:

Yes - JH - that was silly. Early right side fake news - but that does not happen on the left...
I'd never heard of this till Paul posted it here, must have been a huge story...had to Google it....why is Paul getting the emails and radical right wing directives that Wayne is always talking about and I am not
Old 02-03-2017, 06:20 AM   #23
scottw

I was listening to NPR Fake News in the car the other day the propaganda journalist was berating Trump over the nervousness that many South Koreans feel regarding their relationship with America due to the fact that Trump at some point mentioned he'd have a burger with the nut job dictator in North Korea......

when candidates were asked if they would be "willing to meet separately, without precondition, during the first year of your administration, in Washington or anywhere else, with the leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba and North Korea, in order to bridge the gap that divides our countries?" I would," Obama said. "And the reason is this, that the notion that somehow not talking to countries is punishment to them - which has been the guiding diplomatic principle of this administration - is ridiculous."

Obama addressed the issue again in the debate on September 26, 2007, saying, "Ahmadinejad is not the most powerful person in Iran. He may not be the right person to talk to. But I reserve the right, as president of the United States to meet with anybody at a time and place of my choosing if I think it's going to keep America safe."

such short memories

Berkeley, California (CNN)Protests that erupted at UC Berkeley ahead of a planned Wednesday appearance by right-wing commentator Milo Yiannopoulos caused $100,000 worth of damage to the campus, the school said Thursday.

More than 1,500 protesters had gathered at Sproul Plaza, chanting and holding signs that read: "No safe space for racists" and "This is war."

The violent protesters tore down metal barriers, set fires near the campus bookstore and damaged the construction site of a new dorm. One woman wearing a red Trump hat was pepper sprayed in the face while being interviewed by CNN affiliate KGO. She was able to respond that she was OK after the attack.

Monday, Sept. 24, 2007. NEW YORK — Democrat Barack Obama says he probably wouldn't have invited Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to speak at Columbia University but would be willing as president to meet with the Iranian leader as a way to protect U.S. interests.
"The hateful lies that he may utter about Israel, the Holocaust -- the answer is for us to promote the truth and show the world the values and ideals that we hold dear," Obama said Monday. "One of the values we believe in is the value of academic freedom. He has a right to speak."

Last edited by scottw; 02-03-2017 at 06:34 AM..
Old 02-03-2017, 06:35 AM   #24
scottw

[QUOTE=Nebe;1115975]Possibly over the top but very chilling to read. I hope that this is wrong.

the left is continuing to demonstrate that they are far more scary and worrisome

Last edited by scottw; 02-03-2017 at 07:07 AM..