Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-16-2017, 09:31 PM   #1
Ian
Idiot

This is getting ridiculous...

I don't care your political leanings, this guy is flat out nuts

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:26 AM   #2
wdmso

I agree with your conclusion .. My opposition has never been a Democratic VS Republican thing .. I am just opposed to to the "nut" side of the issue ..

Yet he still was elected and is our POTUS ..
Old 02-17-2017, 08:16 AM   #3
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
This is so AWESOME watching the lib#^&#^&#^&#^&s & the corrupt media loosing their minds over loosing the election.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-17-2017, 08:44 AM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Unreal is the word that comes to mind watching that news conference. Him asking April Ryan to set up a meeting was so bizarre, just the way he handles himself in these situations is more like watching my teenage boys argue with one another back in the day.

He got elected and he still wants to argue how it happened, he's not a sore looser (he couldn't ever even admit it); he is a sore winner.....just STFup and move on. Hard to watch, but it's like a terrible car crash on the other side of the highway, you know you shouldn't slow down and watch; but you just can't help yourself.

Do you Trump supporters really feel comfortable this clown is level headed enough to deal with the Russians if they test the waters in a more serious way? Of if they expand what they are doing overseas, he can't even deal with the media without over reacting, I'm not feeling all that safe under this "finely tuned ha machine".
Old 02-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Unreal is the word that comes to mind watching that news conference. Him asking April Ryan to set up a meeting was so bizarre,

I think the reason he asked her to do that was explained in his conversation with April Ryan. He had agreed to a meeting with a leading member of the black caucus, but that fizzled when the caucus member had to back out. Trump assumed that was because the caucus or the Dem party told him not to meet with Trump in order not to give Trump any positive coverage. So, when Ryan asked if he would work with the caucus, he asked if she could set up a meeting (because, apparently, they were not willing to meet with him).

just the way he handles himself in these situations is more like watching my teenage boys argue with one another back in the day.

Were your teenage boys arguing with a hostile press?

He got elected and he still wants to argue how it happened, he's not a sore looser (he couldn't ever even admit it); he is a sore winner.....just STFup and move on. Hard to watch,

I agree with you on that.

but it's like a terrible car crash on the other side of the highway, you know you shouldn't slow down and watch; but you just can't help yourself.

It is entertaining. I enjoyed the Press Conference. I usually don't care for them because they are usually boring (to me) and loaded with pointed biased questions, especially when a Republican is President (but even more so with Trump). But it was fun watching this one. Rather than a car crash, it was more like watching a SNL parody. Very entertaining.

Do you Trump supporters really feel comfortable this clown is level headed enough to deal with the Russians if they test the waters in a more serious way? Of if they expand what they are doing overseas, he can't even deal with the media without over reacting, I'm not feeling all that safe under this "finely tuned ha machine".
Well, I don't know if the previous administration knew how to deal with the Russians. Or if their would be any difference with Trump--if the President of either administration consulted with their advisers, including the military, on how to go about it. If anything, I would trust Trump to depend on advisers more than Obama. My impression of Obama was that he felt intellectually and morally superior than anyone else and that he knew better than anyone else. Trump, on the other hand, has always depended on aides, advisers, experts, to carry out whatever his vision was. I don't get the sense that he thinks he knows better or is more moral. Rather it seems that he passionately believes in his overall vision and knows how to assemble the best team to accomplish that. He depends on his assembled finely tuned machine rather than the urges of his huge ego.

As far as overreacting with the media, he knows that the media is out to get him. They have shown that from the beginning of his campaign before he got elected. In that war, if he cowers, he loses. He knows, that those who elected him don't trust or like the media. And that they applaud him when he makes them look foolish.

I am not a Trump supporter, per se (although I am beginning to like him, heaven help me). Having been disillusioned by the past personas of Presidents that were shown to be different then the actual persons, I support agendas, not persons. I support his agenda. And he has very little wiggle room or time to accomplish it. Not allowing the media to define him during the limited time he has, is probably critical. Rather than being a "clown," I think he's attempting to be the ringmaster of the "greatest show on earth,"--so to speak.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:45 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Unreal is the word that comes to mind watching that news conference. Him asking April Ryan to set up a meeting was so bizarre, just the way he handles himself in these situations is more like watching my teenage boys argue with one another back in the day.

He got elected and he still wants to argue how it happened, he's not a sore looser (he couldn't ever even admit it); he is a sore winner.....just STFup and move on. Hard to watch, but it's like a terrible car crash on the other side of the highway, you know you shouldn't slow down and watch; but you just can't help yourself.

"He got elected and he still wants to argue how it happened, he's not a sore looser (he couldn't ever even admit it); he is a sore winner.....just STFup and move on"

he is a crybaby, no doubt.

"Do you Trump supporters really feel comfortable this clown is level headed enough to deal with the Russians if they test the waters in a more serious way?"

I don't know that I'd trust him individually, I am hoping that his collective team is impressive and trustworthy, and that he will listen to them.

"he can't even deal with the media without over reacting"

Obama had every TV station except on in his camp. Yet he spent a lot of time whining and complaining about Foxnews.

I don't like much about his personality. But I didn't like Hilary's either (though she was nowhere near as overtly obnoxious, her unattractiveness was more subtle, but even more ugly IMHO).

We are in unchartered waters. Never been a personality remotely like his, in that job. I am trying not to listen to him speak (as I did effectively for the last 8 years), rather I am trying to read what is happening. There is some strange stuff happening. Some of it is disturbing.

He needs to come out with a big policy item to get people back in his camp, like healthcare or changes to the tax code that help working families.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"He got elected and he still wants to argue how it happened, he's not a sore looser (he couldn't ever even admit it); he is a sore winner.....just STFup and move on"

he is a crybaby, no doubt.
He's provoking the media into becoming crybabies.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:53 PM   #8
scottw

well...we've learned that the best way to deal with anger, confusion, distrust, distaste, disgust and general feelings of befuddlement attributed to the election of Trump is one, some combination, or all of the following....I'd suggest all three for maximum relief

1. Put a vagina hat on your head

2. Scream profanities

3. Stand in traffic

Last edited by scottw; 02-17-2017 at 12:59 PM..
Old 02-17-2017, 01:09 PM   #9
PaulS

Or people can let their inner snarkiness come out.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:37 PM   #10
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
This is so AWESOME watching the lib#^&#^&#^&#^&s & the corrupt media loosing their minds over loosing the election.
says the moonbat who thinks Hillary Clinton and her foundation bought Bernie a car and a house.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:47 PM   #11
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
says the moonbat who thinks Hillary Clinton and her foundation bought Bernie a car and a house.

If you don't think Bernie was paid off you may want to step back from that bong you're s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g on.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Or people can let their inner snarkiness come out.
I think that is what Scottw was saying.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #13
Sea Dangles

Ronnie seems medicated
Old 02-26-2017, 08:58 PM   #14
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I am trying to hold onto that warm glow from keeping Hillary out of the White House...... But damn, aside from maybe two appointments, I don't see anything I can get behind to support. And the delivery! WTF.... I can't even stand to watch the news anymore. I am consistently insulted that this administration expects me to believe what they are spewing... I see this leading to something very bad, not something great.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:35 PM   #15
Raven

had to

had to already block trump blo-hard crap on my twitter feed
Old 02-26-2017, 09:48 PM   #16
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I am trying to hold onto that warm glow from keeping Hillary out of the White House...... But damn, aside from maybe two appointments, I don't see anything I can get behind to support. And the delivery! WTF.... I can't even stand to watch the news anymore. I am consistently insulted that this administration expects me to believe what they are spewing... I see this leading to something very bad, not something great.
Amen brother. Amen.

I often think what would be going on now if Hillary won. I think things would have been bad but not this bad. George W Bush is probably smiling his ass off knowing he might be remembered differently now.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:56 PM   #17
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Amen brother. Amen.

I often think what would be going on now if Hillary won. I think things would have been bad but not this bad. George W Bush is probably smiling his ass off knowing he might be remembered differently now.
+1

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:21 PM   #18
Nebe

I'll also add that I have completely divorced myself from caring in any way what is going on now. All I can do is vote when the time comes.