Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-27-2017, 11:32 AM   #1
wdmso

Trump lays out hike in military spending

"It will include an historic increase in defence spending to rebuild the depleted military of the United States of America at a time we most need it," he said.

"We're going to start spending on infrastructure big," he said

build a wall

Hire 15,000 Border Patrol And ICE Agents

Cut Taxes

The blueprint also calls for deep cuts elsewhere, including to foreign assistance and environmental budgets. but has yet to say how he is going to pay for all theses things Trump the pied piper who fooled a nation

Military spending increase not needed another distraction

foreign assistance another distraction

Trump Making American businesses rich again the fleecing of America
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	151111110652-us-foreign-aid-2014-exlarge-169.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	63926  

Last edited by wdmso; 02-27-2017 at 11:38 AM..
Old 02-27-2017, 12:08 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
"It will include an historic increase in defence spending to rebuild the depleted military of the United States of America at a time we most need it," he said.

"We're going to start spending on infrastructure big," he said

build a wall

Hire 15,000 Border Patrol And ICE Agents

Cut Taxes

The blueprint also calls for deep cuts elsewhere, including to foreign assistance and environmental budgets. but has yet to say how he is going to pay for all theses things Trump the pied piper who fooled a nation

Military spending increase not needed another distraction

foreign assistance another distraction

Trump Making American businesses rich again the fleecing of America
"Trump Making American businesses rich again the fleecing of America"

Did the folks at Carrier, whose jobs got saved (after Obama specifically said they could not be saved) get fleeced?

Of course, there is such a thing as being too worried about helping business, I guess. As anyone who lives in the state of CT knows, there is also such a thing as being too hostile to business.

Have you ever worked in the private sector? Were you horribly mistreated?

Favorable conditions allow companies to grow, to hire more people, to make more money, SOME of which goes to the rank-and-file employees. Maybe not as much as you would like. But all things being equal, the more money a business makes, the better off its employees are. Liberals cannot seem to concede that.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #3
scottw

Trump is growing the military for when he conquers the universe
Old 02-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Trump is growing the military for when he conquers the universe
I thought he left went off the deep end when Bush was in office, and when Sarah Palin was the VP candidate. That was nothing compared to what we now see on CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS., and MSNBC.

Not that long ago, it was not controversial (certainly not "intolerant") if I said "I think that men should use the mens room, and that women should use the women's room". Now I am accused of intolerance for saying that.

Not a pretty turn of events.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:40 PM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I thought he left went off the deep end when Bush was in office, and when Sarah Palin was the VPI still don't know how she had time to run for VP given that the spent so much time reading "all of them" when asked what papers she read daily. candidate. That was nothing compared to what we now see on CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS., and MSNBC.

Not that long ago, it was not controversial (certainly not "intolerant") if I said "I think that men should use the mens room, and that women should use the women's room". Now I am accused of intolerance for saying that.

Not a pretty turn of events.
Never had we had a Pres. who seems like a patholgogical liar, spreads misinformation, has such anti Muslim sentiment, seems to accept ethical lapses, deprecates woman and the handcapped, etc. His cabinet picks in some cases where ignorant of the responsibilites/duties of the position. He demonizes the Press (when has any other President referred to a group of Americans as "the enemy"). We still don't know if he has any financial interests in Russia and why he seems to be buddying up to them. Not one of those things has anything to do w/any of his policies.

A question - if there was a male who identified as a female and dressed as a female, would you rather have them go into a men's or a woman's bathroom?
Old 02-27-2017, 02:43 PM   #6
Nebe

In order to drain the swamp, you have to blow it up first.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
"Trump Making American businesses rich again the fleecing of America"

Did the folks at Carrier, whose jobs got saved (after Obama specifically said they could not be saved) get fleeced? you keep saying that Trump did it... he did nothing ... trump wasn't even in office Pence gave the a tax break "Carrier Will Receive $7 Million in Tax Breaks to Keep Jobs in Indiana..

Of course, there is such a thing as being too worried about helping business, I guess. As anyone who lives in the state of CT knows, there is also such a thing as being too hostile to business.

Have you ever worked in the private sector? Were you horribly mistreated?

Favorable conditions allow companies to grow, to hire more people, to make more money, SOME of which goes to the rank-and-file employees. Maybe not as much as you would like. But all things being equal, the more money a business makes, the better off its employees are. thats how it was in the 50's 60's that ship has sailed... nothing goes back to the worker ... Liberals cannot seem to concede that. because its not a true
more fantasy
Old 02-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
more fantasy
"you keep saying that Trump did it... he did nothing"

No, Obama did nothing (except to say it could not be done, and mocked Trump for bragging he could do it). Trump called Carrier, reminded their parent company that they get a lot of money in military contracts from the feds.

Trump didn't do it single-handedly. But he did more than nothing. It's the inability of those who disagree with him, to ever say anything positive about him, that makes you seem warped and un-hinged. There is so much legitimate criticism to heap on the man, but that's not enough. You can't admit the good things he does. That's what is puzzling to people like me. You all seem like you have become completely un-hinged.

"nothing goes back to the worker "

Where do their salaries, raises, bonuses, health insurance subsidies, and 401(k) matches come from? Have you EVER worked a day in the private sector? Because you sound like you have no idea, absolutely no idea, what you are talking about. The private sector isn't North Korea. It's not perfect of course, but it is nowhere near what you think it is. Again, you sound completely un-hinged. There are a lot of private companies whose employees love working there. Where do you get your information, exactly? You say "nothing" goes back to the workers? That's demonstrably false.

"Never have we had a president who deprecates women"? Oh, I see you are unaware of the existence of presidents named Clinton and Kennedy.

Trump is thin-skinned (so was Obama), offensive (he is in a class by himself there), spoke disgusting of women (Bill Clinton treated them worse), and lies (Hilary is also a serial liar).

Trump is also often very soft-hearted and generous to those in need. But either you have no idea about that, or you don't care.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Never had we had a Pres. who seems like a patholgogical liar, spreads misinformation, has such anti Muslim sentiment, seems to accept ethical lapses, deprecates woman and the handcapped, etc. His cabinet picks in some cases where ignorant of the responsibilites/duties of the position. He demonizes the Press (when has any other President referred to a group of Americans as "the enemy"). We still don't know if he has any financial interests in Russia and why he seems to be buddying up to them. Not one of those things has anything to do w/any of his policies.

A question - if there was a male who identified as a female and dressed as a female, would you rather have them go into a men's or a woman's bathroom?
did you miss the Clinton years?
Old 02-27-2017, 03:50 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
That's easy. If you have a wee-wee, you use the mens room.

If you say that it's OK for men to go into the woman's room as long as they identify as a woman...how the hell do you stop a convicted rapist from following a little girl into the bathroom? If you had your way, he could say "nothing to see here, folks, because I identify as a female you see, so now I can hang out in the ladies room all day".

The left is becoming crazier and crazier.

Lots of women don't want to share bathrooms or locker rooms with anyone who has the male anatomy.

Question for you. If I identify as black, am I eligible for college scholarships reserved for blacks? If I identify as 67 years old, can I start collecting social security?

Because if you are OK with folks changing the circumstances of their birth, why limit it to sex? Why not race or age?
Old 02-27-2017, 03:53 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
did you miss the Clinton years?
That doesn't matter, because shut up.

racisthatecrimeintolerantnotmypresidentkeepyourros ariesoffmyovaries...
Old 02-27-2017, 04:00 PM   #12
PaulS

Quote:
That's easy. If you have a wee-wee, you use the mens room.I wouldn't want my 7 year old son peeing next to a guy dressed as a woman.

If you say that it's OK for men to go into the woman's room as long as they identify as a woman...how the hell do you stop a convicted rapist from following a little girl into the bathroom? If you had your way, he could say "nothing to see here, folks, because I identify as a female you see, so now I can hang out in the ladies room all day".I think anyone hanging out in a bathroom would raise the interest of the police.

The left is becoming crazier and crazier.

Lots of women don't want to share bathrooms or locker rooms with anyone who has the male anatomy.

Question for you. If I identify as black, am I eligible for college scholarships reserved for blacks? If I identify as 67 years old, can I start collecting social security?I don't think IDing as a black would be identified by Drs. as a legit medical condition.

Because if you are OK with folks changing the circumstances of their birth, why limit it to sex? Why not race or age?
nm
Old 02-27-2017, 04:06 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
nm
"I wouldn't want my 7 year old son peeing next to a guy dressed as a woman. "

Me either. But that's less offensive to me (just my opinion) than a guy in drag following a little girl into the ladies room.

I can't believe we are having this conversation, and part of me hopes the left keeps clinging to this.

"I think anyone hanging out in a bathroom would raise the interest of the police"

Hyperbole for the sake of comedy Paul, come on...

"don't think IDing as a black would be identified by Drs. as a legit medical condition."

I have no idea. They sound equally devoid from reality, to me.

40% of people who identify as trans, say they have attempted suicide. I cannot imagine the anguish or torment necessary for a suicide rate that high. These people need help. I'm not sure that saying "there, there" is going to cut it.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:17 PM   #14
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I wouldn't want my 7 year old son peeing next to a guy dressed as a woman.
but yet you can't understand why it bothers some people for that same person to be peeing in front of their 7 year old daughter

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-27-2017, 04:46 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
but yet you can't understand why it bothers some people for that same person to be peeing in front of their 7 year old daughter
I think Paul asked a fair question. And I don't have a daughter. But if I had a son and a daughter, and I had to choose which bathroom that person went in, I'd plug my nose and say the same room as my son. I wouldn't like it, but I'd be less worried than if the trans person went with my daughter.

Perhaps true trans are not a threat (though that's not certain). How do you stop a violent rapist like Willie Horton, from just claiming to be a trans, so he can get easier access to the women's room? Doesn't this make it much easier for perverts to get into the ladies' room?

I can't believe we are having this conversation, I genuinely can't.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:35 PM   #16
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Personally, I couldn't care less which bathroom they use....that's just me. But a lot of people have lost the ability to "Walk a mile in someone else's shoes" and maybe try and understand why it might bother someone else.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:46 PM   #17
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Sooooo.....which bathroom

https://youtu.be/MbiAHnjHlHg
Old 02-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #18
PaulS

Quote:
Did I say that? I would bet most woman's rooms don't have urinals.

Last edited by PaulS; 02-27-2017 at 05:56 PM..
Old 02-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Personally, I couldn't care less which bathroom they use....that's just me. But a lot of people have lost the ability to "Walk a mile in someone else's shoes" and maybe try and understand why it might bother someone else.
It wouldn't bother you if man claiming to be a trans, went into the ladies room when your wife was in there?

As for the "walk a mile in their shoes", I agree. Of course, people on my side of this issue also need to consider the need of the trans person as well. I feel for them, I really do. But my sympathy for them doesn't go so far as I get to the point where I stop caring about the rights of women to feel secure, in what is an intimate and vulnerable setting.

In a perfect world, all public bathrooms would be individual stalls. But we can't afford that, so in this world, either a large number of people will have to make a concession (and let trans use whatever bathroom they want), or a small number of people will have to make a concession (meaning the trans folks use the bathroom that corresponds to their sex at birth).

No good answers...
Old 02-27-2017, 06:12 PM   #20
PaulS

Quote:

No good answers...
True
Old 02-27-2017, 07:18 PM   #21
detbuch

Quote:
In a perfect world, all public bathrooms would be individual stalls. But we can't afford that, so in this world, either a large number of people will have to make a concession (and let trans use whatever bathroom they want), or a small number of people will have to make a concession (meaning the trans folks use the bathroom that corresponds to their sex at birth).

No good answers...
Why have we "made a federal case" out of something for which there is no good answer?
Old 02-27-2017, 07:20 PM   #22
detbuch

BTW, is the hike in military spending a good thing? Is there a good answer to that question?
Old 02-27-2017, 07:43 PM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
It wouldn't bother you if man claiming to be a trans, went into the ladies room when your wife was in there?
A man that is trans and a man claiming to be trans are two different things.

A man just claiming it I'd have a HUGE problem with...

But like you said...no easy answers.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:49 PM   #24
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I just asked my wife, she said she dealt with that at her work quite a few years ago. She said it was uncomfortable, but she wouldn't want him kicked out of the ladies room.

So take it for what it's worth....
Old 02-28-2017, 04:49 AM   #25
Rob Rockcrawler

Lookin at the map i see how we could save 3.1 billion!

Everything is better on the rocks.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:11 AM   #26
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Rockcrawler View Post
Lookin at the map i see how we could save 3.1 billion!

that would make you anti Israel

defend Israel more defense spending de regulation and deport immigrants (fyi all these things have been happening the past 8 years)

there just Verbal viagra for conservatives over 50
Old 02-28-2017, 07:31 AM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
"you keep saying that Trump did it... he did nothing"

No, Obama did nothing (except to say it could not be done, and mocked Trump for bragging he could do it). Trump called Carrier, reminded their parent company that they get a lot of money in military contracts from the feds.

"nothing goes back to the worker "

Where do their salaries, raises, bonuses, health insurance subsidies, and 401(k) matches come from? Have you EVER worked a day in the private sector? Because you sound like you have no idea, absolutely no idea, what you are talking about. The private sector isn't North Korea. It's not perfect of course, but it is nowhere near what you think it is. Again, you sound completely un-hinged. There are a lot of private companies whose employees love working there. Where do you get your information, exactly? You say "nothing" goes back to the workers? That's demonstrably false.

you again seem to be missing the big picture .. are their some good company's sure but please dont try to make those companys reflect the real world ... because i dont work in the private sector dosn't mean those around me do not ... i have seen what the the private sector has done to its workers good and bad .. My wife has been at the same nursing home for 20 years as an LPN all she get is a pay check 2 weeks Vac and 5 sick days a year ... no retirement plan healthcare plan thats worthless .. its a for profit company been sold several times .. lets not get started on the food and other ares involving those who live there... I am sure reduced regulation isn't going to benefit them ( and please dont try the go some where else becasue its the industry it the same where ever you go )

in 2011, almost half of working Americans were not offered a retirement account by their employer —

Other groups with high participation rates include those covered by a union contract (82%, as opposed to 56% of those without a union contract), public sector employees (82%) and those at firms of 1,000+ employees (74%).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurash.../#6857e0602152

in 2011, almost half of working Americans were not offered a retirement account by their employer —

Its hard to play into retirement when your company's making profits
and you just got a 25 cent raise so now your at 15 bucks
Old 02-28-2017, 07:46 AM   #28
scottw

right...maybe the private sector could offer everyone unfunded retirement plans like the public sector....wait...but then who would pay for it????

here is an idea....be responsible for your own retirement
Old 02-28-2017, 08:31 AM   #29
Sea Dangles

I have to laugh at folks who blame the system for neglecting to plan for retirement. Blame the gubmint for your own absence of fiscal responsibility. Love the lack of logic that inspires the blame game. Whoa is me
Old 02-28-2017, 08:32 AM   #30
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Other groups with high participation rates include those covered by a union contract (82%, as opposed to 56% of those without a union contract), public sector employees (82%) and those at firms of 1,000+ employees (74%).
you mean almost half of those without a union contract (44%) were not offered a retirement account by their employer.

because the Union, Government, and Large corporation employees are all at 3/4 or better.

unless they don't count.