Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-28-2017, 01:59 PM   #1
wdmso

Trump blames Obama for town hall protests and security leaks

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39113446

Will it ever end The constant Blaming of others ???

Fox and Friends, he said:
He gave himself a "C" on getting his message out but an "A" for achievement and "A+" for effort

He would be a "hypocrite" if he attended the White House Correspondents' Dinner, an annual event attended by journalists and politicians, in light of "fake news"

His plans to boost defence spending by $54bn (£43bn) would be paid for by a "revved up economy" - although analysts say boosting spending without adding to the deficit would be a challenge

Hundreds of unfilled jobs in his administration were "unnecessary to have"
Old 02-28-2017, 02:35 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Obama gave himself a "solid A-" at one point.

"Hundreds of unfilled jobs in his administration were "unnecessary to have"

How do you know that's not a true statement?
Old 02-28-2017, 02:55 PM   #3
PaulS

He is a thin skinned man.

Jim - I thought you didn't like when a President blamed the prior President?
Old 02-28-2017, 03:05 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
He is a thin skinned man.

Jim - I thought you didn't like when a President blamed the prior President?
Sorry, you are right, I don't like at all that Trump blamed Obama. It's crybaby-ism, pure and simple.

Trump is thin skinned. But he has a point when he says the media is out to get him. They're not even trying to be balanced. The guy is a jerk. He isn't the personification of evil.

I have read that 20,000+ people work for the company. That's a lot of people he was responsible for, and many of those people are certainly living nice lives thanks to that.

There are also stories of Trump being soft-hearted and very generous to those in need - one of my favorites, before he was in politics, he heard about a 3 or 4 year old boy who needed a cross-country medical flight, he sent his jet immediately. The boy was also Jewish. As is Trump's daughter and son-in-law. Doesn't stop every network except one, from claiming he is an anti-Semite.

So no, I don't like him blaming Obama. But I love it when he correctly calls out media hacks who deserve to be taken out to the woodshed in public.

Does anyone ever talk about his good points (except Sean Hannity, who never talks about the bad things)? All I see is the bad. And there is plenty of bad there, but how about judging him on the entirety of who he is, why ignore the good?
Old 02-28-2017, 04:37 PM   #5
PaulS

I know you don't like the way he acts. Chicken or the egg with the media.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-28-2017, 04:59 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I know you don't like the way he acts. Chicken or the egg with the media.
The media's big Trump scandal today - breaking news - KellyAnn Conway was photographed with her shoes on a couch in the Oval Office! Oh my God! Start impeachment proceedings! What Bill Clinton did in the Oval Office isn't worth covering, but shoes on the couch! Can the Republic possibly survive?

I have no problem with honest, balanced reporting of his attributes and faults. The media has gone completely berserk.

I also refer you to the whole anti-Semitic nonsense. His damn daughter is a Jew.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:01 PM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

He needs Belichek on his cabinet as advisor, just do your job and give the media nothing.