Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-15-2021, 12:12 PM   #61
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Enjoying speaking with them doesn't mean he endorsed their systems of government.

Spin it baby
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
O well and fountainhead of wisdom, please enlighten us on why enjoying speaking with someone endorses his system of government.
Old 12-15-2021, 03:22 PM   #62
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Got video of fox hosts saying that?
No Video but:

Text messages released by the January 6 House select committee on Monday showed that Fox News hosts were among those urging the former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to get then-President Donald Trump to call off his supporters as they swarmed the Capitol.

Their efforts then are in stark contrast with the message they gave to their viewers on the day of the riot.

Sean Hannity, a longtime friend and confidant to Trump, texted Meadows in a bid to get Trump to call off his supporters.

"Can he make a statement, Ask people to leave the Capitol," Hannity's message read.

—Justin Baragona (@justinbaragona) December 14, 2021
Laura Ingraham, a network host and hardline Trump ally, echoed the request.

"Mark, the president needs to tell people in the Capitol to go home. This is hurting all of us. He is destroying his legacy," she texted Meadows.

—Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) December 14, 2021
And Brian Kilmeade, a host of "Fox & Friends," texted: "Please, get him on TV. Destroying everything you have accomplished."

The hosts, clearly dismayed, all gave the same impression: Trump had the power to stop the riot but did not use it.

But as the three went on air that night, their focus was on shifting the blame away from Trump and his supporters.

All three condemned the violence but played up baseless theories that the damage done was mainly the fault of left-wing groups.

Ingraham used her January 6 show to argue that the rioters didn't look like Trump supporters.

"I have never seen Trump rally attendees wearing helmets — black helmets, brown helmets, black backpacks — the uniforms that you saw in some of these crowd shots," she said. "Have you ever seen them wearing, as Chris said, those knee pads and all of the pads on their elbows?

"I've been to a lot of these rallies. I know you, you both have covered them. I have never seen that before. Ever."

Kilmeade in an interview on Fox News that evening expressed skepticism that Trump supporters were behind the violence.

"I do not know Trump supporters that have ever demonstrated violence that I know of in a big situation," he said.

And Hannity on his radio show that night pushed the conspiracy theory that antifa, the loose anti-fascist movement, had infiltrated the protests.

On his TV show, he suggested that "bad actors" may have been behind the chaos.

"We also knew that there's also bad actors that will infiltrate large crowds," he said during his opening segment that night.

A Fox News spokesperson did not immediately reply to Insider's request for comment.

Several of the network's hosts in the wake of the riot continued to push conspiracy theories about who was behind the violence and sought to absolve Trump of blame.

The top-rated host Tucker Carlson in a recent documentary groundlessly claimed that law enforcement had instigated the violence on January 6 as part of a bid to discredit Trump supporters.
Old 12-15-2021, 03:37 PM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
No Video but:

Text messages released by the January 6 House select committee on Monday showed that Fox News hosts were among those urging the former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to get then-President Donald Trump to call off his supporters as they swarmed the Capitol.

Their efforts then are in stark contrast with the message they gave to their viewers on the day of the riot.

Sean Hannity, a longtime friend and confidant to Trump, texted Meadows in a bid to get Trump to call off his supporters.

"Can he make a statement, Ask people to leave the Capitol," Hannity's message read.

—Justin Baragona (@justinbaragona) December 14, 2021
Laura Ingraham, a network host and hardline Trump ally, echoed the request.

"Mark, the president needs to tell people in the Capitol to go home. This is hurting all of us. He is destroying his legacy," she texted Meadows.

—Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) December 14, 2021
And Brian Kilmeade, a host of "Fox & Friends," texted: "Please, get him on TV. Destroying everything you have accomplished."

The hosts, clearly dismayed, all gave the same impression: Trump had the power to stop the riot but did not use it.

But as the three went on air that night, their focus was on shifting the blame away from Trump and his supporters.

All three condemned the violence but played up baseless theories that the damage done was mainly the fault of left-wing groups.

Ingraham used her January 6 show to argue that the rioters didn't look like Trump supporters.

"I have never seen Trump rally attendees wearing helmets — black helmets, brown helmets, black backpacks — the uniforms that you saw in some of these crowd shots," she said. "Have you ever seen them wearing, as Chris said, those knee pads and all of the pads on their elbows?

"I've been to a lot of these rallies. I know you, you both have covered them. I have never seen that before. Ever."

Kilmeade in an interview on Fox News that evening expressed skepticism that Trump supporters were behind the violence.

"I do not know Trump supporters that have ever demonstrated violence that I know of in a big situation," he said.

And Hannity on his radio show that night pushed the conspiracy theory that antifa, the loose anti-fascist movement, had infiltrated the protests.

On his TV show, he suggested that "bad actors" may have been behind the chaos.

"We also knew that there's also bad actors that will infiltrate large crowds," he said during his opening segment that night.

A Fox News spokesperson did not immediately reply to Insider's request for comment.

Several of the network's hosts in the wake of the riot continued to push conspiracy theories about who was behind the violence and sought to absolve Trump of blame.

The top-rated host Tucker Carlson in a recent documentary groundlessly claimed that law enforcement had instigated the violence on January 6 as part of a bid to discredit Trump supporters.
trump supporters had never engaged in violent riots before that day. they were correct in saying so. before january 6, politically motivated violence was just about always done by liberals. we can’t say that anymore, but we could in january 6th.

if someone said in that day that teump needs to try to get them to stop, and also says that trump supporters had never before acted this way on anything close to that scale, how is that wrong?

Hannity his a clown. i don’t watch Ingraham or Kilmeade. but there’s nothing all that wrong with what your post, claims they did.
Old 12-15-2021, 03:51 PM   #64
Pete F.
Canceled

Self-proclaimed Proud Boy gets 10 years for 2020 protest crimes.
Old 12-15-2021, 04:53 PM   #65
wdmso

Hannity his a clown. i don’t watch Ingraham or Kilmeade.

Of course you can’t find fault in what they said.. you are unable to follow the bouncing ball

Imagine if Rachel Maddow. Sent Biden a text pleading with him to do something. Your head would explode .. hell you think the entire left watches her show! What’s funny we know all trumpers watch and listen to the fox big 3 Tucker hannity and Ingram ..
Old 12-15-2021, 04:59 PM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Hannity his a clown. i don’t watch Ingraham or Kilmeade.

Of course you can’t find fault in what they said.. you are unable to follow the bouncing ball

Imagine if Rachel Maddow. Sent Biden a text pleading with him to do something. Your head would explode .. hell you think the entire left watches her show! What’s funny we know all trumpers watch and listen to the fox big 3 Tucker hannity and Ingram ..
instead of insulting me for not finding fault with what they said, tell us why a reasonable
person would find fault.

tell me, what’s wrong with someone saying on juju 6, that (1) we need to stop the violence now, and (2) commenting that trump supporters have never engaged in large-scale politically motivated violence before.

you tell me what’s wrong with that. i’m all ears.

you think the presidents chief of staff doesn’t communicate with friendly media outlets? that’s what bothers you? you think it’s bad that foxnews hosts contacted the chief of staff to try and out an end to violence?

you think cnn and msnbc staff don’t regularly communicate with senior officials of the biden administration? i’m sure they do, and i could care less. that has to be a normal thing in politics, but as always, you only care when republicans do it.

do you get tired of being totally wrong?

you’re not upset with what the fox hosts texted, you’re upset that they sent texts to the chief of staff?

seriously? why would
anyone care about that?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-15-2021 at 05:08 PM..
Old 12-15-2021, 05:12 PM   #67
PaulS

Quote:
tell me, what’s wrong with someone saying on juju 6, that (1) we need to stop the violence now, and (2) commenting that trump supporters have never engaged in large-scale politically motivated violence before.

BC they were implying that it wasn't Trump supports but rather ANTIFA or someone else when they clearly knew that it was Trump's supporters. So they lied on air - and they continue to lie to this day. And don't forget they weren't saying those things to the same people. They were saying them to different people. Putting those 2 statements together sounds fine but you didn't include the full statements and you didn't note it was to different people.

And let's not forgot how Repub. congressman spent time trying to figure out how to steal the election and subvert the will of the people.

Last edited by PaulS; 12-15-2021 at 05:23 PM..
Old 12-15-2021, 05:34 PM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
BC they were implying that it wasn't Trump supports but rather ANTIFA or someone else when they clearly knew that it was Trump's supporters. So they lied on air - and they continue to lie to this day. And don't forget they weren't saying those things to the same people. They were saying them to different people. Putting those 2 statements together sounds fine but you didn't include the full statements and you didn't note it was to different people.

And let's not forgot how Repub. congressman spent time trying to figure out how to steal the election and subvert the will of the people.

at the time, they were right. we know that liberals went to tea party rallies with racist signs to discredit them. it wasn’t all that kooky a thing to say then

turns out it was just republicans acting horribly.

“they clearly knew it was trump supporters.”

i don’t know they knew that. asking meadows to try to stop the riot, isn’t the same thing as knowing who the rioters are.

now we know. at the moment? i don’t know who knew what.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:54 PM   #69
PaulS

Keep trying to deflect. They knew bc they were sending texts saying it is going to ruin our legacy.
Old 12-15-2021, 06:00 PM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
Keep trying to deflect. They knew bc they were sending texts saying it is going to ruin our legacy.
it’s not “their” legacy either.
Old 12-15-2021, 06:19 PM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim’s obviously lying to avoid acknowledging Trump’s complicity.
He claims that no Trump supporter committed any violence prior to Jan 6 while on numerous occasions people who supported Trump committed crimes.
All across the country right wing activists committed crimes to further their agenda.
Jim doesn’t agree with their politics completely, or claims that they have yet to be convicted and therefore they don’t count, but yet he paints the left with the crimes of any vandal that took advantage of the cover of protests.
Just more

Gaslighting
Obstruction
Projection
Old 12-15-2021, 06:37 PM   #72
PaulS

Quote:
it’s not “their” legacy either.
I agree it doesn't hurt their legacy. But one of the comments was it hurts "all" of us.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:09 AM   #73
scottw

I heard the democraps are planning a big january 6th celebration...probably make it a holiday...Happy Insurrection Day!!!

schiff is pathetic ..https://thefederalist.com/2021/12/15...ep-jim-jordan/

"Oops, he did it again. After leaking fake Donald Trump, Jr. emails, fabricating the transcript of a 2019 phone call between former President Donald Trump and Ukraine’s president, and lying about his interactions with the so-called whistleblower behind House Democrats’ first impeachment of Trump, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., is now running the same con against a fellow lawmaker. During a hearing Monday night on the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, Adam Schiff claimed to have proof that a member of Congress texted former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to instruct former Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the 2020 presidential election results.

Not only did Schiff misrepresent the substance of the text message and its source, he even doctored original text messages, which were obtained and reviewed by The Federalist in their entirety."

Last edited by scottw; 12-16-2021 at 04:17 AM..
Old 12-16-2021, 06:26 AM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I heard the democraps are planning a big january 6th celebration...probably make it a holiday...Happy Insurrection Day!!!

schiff is pathetic ..https://thefederalist.com/2021/12/15...ep-jim-jordan/

"Oops, he did it again. After leaking fake Donald Trump, Jr. emails, fabricating the transcript of a 2019 phone call between former President Donald Trump and Ukraine’s president, and lying about his interactions with the so-called whistleblower behind House Democrats’ first impeachment of Trump, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., is now running the same con against a fellow lawmaker. During a hearing Monday night on the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, Adam Schiff claimed to have proof that a member of Congress texted former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to instruct former Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the 2020 presidential election results.

Not only did Schiff misrepresent the substance of the text message and its source, he even doctored original text messages, which were obtained and reviewed by The Federalist in their entirety."
i’m curious to see the lefty response to Schiffs stunts.

“But Trump is even WORSE, because…”
Old 12-16-2021, 08:15 AM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Now adding a period is doctoring

Gym Jordan suggested that GOP-controlled states anoint Trump electors “before those states were even called.”

This wasn't overturning the election. This was scrapping democracy before the votes were even counted.

The flurry of lawsuits to block production of documents suggests there is more — and worse — to come. They will all lose their subpoena challenges and the truth will come out. In the absence of a genuine privilege, “The public has a right to every man’s evidence.”
Old 12-16-2021, 08:25 AM   #76
scottw

"Hillary 2024"...Schiff would be a great running mate...
Old 12-16-2021, 08:31 AM   #77
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

blah....blah...blah...suggests there is more — and worse — to come.

you, the democrats and cnn and msnbc really need a new hobby...nobody cares
Old 12-16-2021, 08:53 AM   #78
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

you, the democrats and cnn and msnbc really need a new hobby...nobody cares
If you read Gym Jordan’s message you would find the typical gaslighting.

It's probably a waste of time to point out that a) as much as we all love the Federalist Papers, they were a series of newspaper columns with the specific political purpose of ginning up support for a Constitution that hadn’t been ratified yet, and b) Hubbard v. Lowe was a case involving the constitutionality of the Cotton Futures Act and, as such, has no value in judging the constitutionality of how Mike Pence conducted the constitutional powers of his office. It’s like citing Marbury v. Madison while appealing a decision by your condo board. But chasing after everything Jim Jordan doesn’t know anything about is an exhausting pursuit.

What’s clear is that the committee investigating the events of January 6 has made it quite plain that Jordan was hip-deep in the parliamentary front of the general assault on the democratic process, and that, if this week is any indication, Chairman Thompson is a pretty deft hand at the drip-drip-drip school of persuasion for reluctant potential witnesses.

Keep claiming that it’s a nothing burger, it’s the Trumplicans only hope….

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-16-2021, 09:05 AM   #79
scottw

Quote:

If you read Gym Jordan’s message you would find the typical gaslighting.

]
let's see how many times you can repeat this word in one thread...I think pauls holds the record
Old 12-16-2021, 09:07 AM   #80
scottw

Quote:

it’s the Trumplicans only hope….

only hope for what?

hey, it's been suggested in the past that some democrats could run for office from jail...could trump potentially do that if pete sticks the pin in the right part of the doll and trump goes down?
Old 12-16-2021, 09:31 AM   #81
Jim in CT

Quote:
only hope for what?

hey, it's been suggested in the past that some democrats could run for office from jail...could trump potentially do that if pete sticks the pin in the right part of the doll and trump goes down?
as of right now, the republicans have exactly half the senate, only 5(?) seats shy of a tie in the house, and a small majority of governorships and state legislatures.

every single poll says that if the midterms were today, the gop would
win in a rout.

yet he’s acting like the gop is on the fringe of extinction .

wicked smaht.
Old 12-16-2021, 09:44 AM   #82
detbuch

Quote:
Yes, it is. But he also did much more than adding a period. He chopped up the messages and excluded parts that made it look entirely different than it was. Representative Bishop fairly suggested that Schiff is the “Jussie Smollet of Congress,”

One of the lawmakers that the Federalist interviewed commented that "if it’s somehow seditious in this country to debate or share a law review article on Alexander Hamilton’s view on things, that’s not really a country I want to be a part of anymore.”

The Federalist pointed out some of Schiff's and his team's "long history of doctoring and fabricating evidence to show their political enemies in the worst possible light."

The left rails that Trump has been trying to overthrow the 2020 election, but overlooks Schiff's phony, lying, fabricating attempts to impeach Trump which were an attempt to overthrow the 2016 election.
Old 12-16-2021, 09:48 AM   #83
Pete F.
Canceled

The midterms are not today
Biden’s polls are rising
Old 12-16-2021, 10:01 AM   #84
PaulS

Quote:

Gym Jordan suggested that GOP-controlled states anoint Trump electors “before those states were even called.”

This wasn't overturning the election. This was scrapping democracy before the votes were even counted.

The flurry of lawsuits to block production of documents suggests there is more — and worse — to come. They will all lose their subpoena challenges and the truth will come out. In the absence of a genuine privilege, “The public has a right to every man’s evidence.”
I looked it up and was shocked to see what the doctoring was but then realized that is the R party these days. Sad.
Old 12-16-2021, 10:02 AM   #85
PaulS

Quote:
let's see how many times you can repeat this word in one thread...I think pauls holds the record
Don't think I ever used that word.

It must suck being a snarky troll.
Old 12-16-2021, 10:07 AM   #86
scottw

Quote:
Don't think I ever used that word.

It must suck being a snarky troll.
not that word....some others...
Old 12-16-2021, 10:08 AM   #87
scottw

Quote:

Biden’s polls are rising

Old 12-16-2021, 10:29 AM   #88
Jim in CT

Quote:
Biden is a shoe-in.
Old 12-16-2021, 10:29 AM   #89
Jim in CT

Quote:
The midterms are not today
Biden’s polls are rising
then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
Old 12-16-2021, 10:48 AM   #90
scottw

Quote:
then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
This is true. Trump will have to run from jail. Which isn’t much different from Biden running from his basement and trump will have all of his supporters behind bars with him so he’ll still draw huge crowds. Biden will definitely be more lucid and spry in three more years and Kamala. Well……