Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-04-2020, 03:35 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

You drank the Koolaid in 2016, this time it's Bleach

A little crude Chinese propaganda in this video.
Works best when it has lots of headlines to bounce off of like “Trump Proposes Disinfectant Injection and UV Rays to Treat COVID-19”, “The Rantings of ‘Doctor’ Trump.”
Quotes from Trump*s press conference have been seen on every continent, via TV, radio and websites, in dozens of languages—often accompanied by warnings, in case someone was fooled, not to drink disinfectant or bleach.
In the past, many outlets published articles critical of our foreign policy, blaming one U.S. president or another. But this is something new. This time, people are not attacking the USA or our policies. They are laughing at the president.

I by no means think that the Chinese have no culpability in the current pandemic, but the blithering and blaming response of Trump* is ludicrous and inexcusable on many levels.

This administration is invisible. Carl Bildt said he cannot remember a single international crisis in which the United States had no presence. “Normally, when something happens”—a war, an earthquake—“everybody waits to see what the Americans are doing, for better or for worse, and then they calibrate their own response based on that.”
This time the White House is doing.......nothing but assigning blame.
Meanwhile the Chinese are delivering supplies and expertise around the world.
And now they are lending money and buying into businesses.
The South Koreans sent a half a millions test kits to one state, whose Republican Gov put them under guard so the Trump* administration couldn't steal them.

Have no fear this administration will claim that it is the fault of others, that the WHO didn't or the Chinese did it, nobody told me and blah, blah, blah.......
What other nations and their people see is that for the first time in 80 years, the US is not helping and is not even capable of helping itself.
That many, not all, of their leaders did listen to what the WHO said and prepared accordingly. At the end of this month if 3000 Americans are dying per day per some forecasts, they won't be impressed even if the Trumplicans are.

If we elect him again they will know. We are no longer a serious nation. We are as ignorant as Trump*.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-04-2020, 03:47 PM   #2
Jim in CT

it was Kool Aid that helped defeat jihadists, and to get minority unemployment to an all time low? Wow.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:11 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

He defeated jihadists in Afghanistan? or where? Iran, Turkey or the West Bank?

COVID-19 was called the great equalizer. Nobody was immune; anybody could succumb. But the virus’ spread across the United States is exposing racial fault lines, with early data showing that African-Americans are more likely to die from the disease than white Americans.

Meanwhile, there's an international meeting today to coordinate development and mass distribution of a vaccine. The US for reasons the officials could not address refused to even participate. What happens when/if a vaccine is developed outside our borders?

I'm glad you're impressed, are you better off now than 4 years ago?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-04-2020, 04:30 PM   #4
Sea Dangles

He is clearly the greatest president of our lifetime
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-04-2020, 04:35 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
He defeated jihadists in Afghanistan? or where? Iran, Turkey or the West Bank?

COVID-19 was called the great equalizer. Nobody was immune; anybody could succumb. But the virus’ spread across the United States is exposing racial fault lines, with early data showing that African-Americans are more likely to die from the disease than white Americans.

Meanwhile, there's an international meeting today to coordinate development and mass distribution of a vaccine. The US for reasons the officials could not address refused to even participate. What happens when/if a vaccine is developed outside our borders?

I'm glad you're impressed, are you better off now than 4 years ago?
"But the virus’ spread across the United States is exposing racial fault lines, with early data showing that African-Americans are more likely to die from the disease than white Americans."

It's true that blacks are dying in disproportionate numbers. But is that because of race? Or is it because of socioeconomics? To answer that, you need to look at how wealthy blacks are faring who live in places with low mortality - are they still dying in disproportionate numbers? And you need to see how poor whites are faring who live in hard-hit areas - are the whites there faring better than their black neighbors? Only if the answer to those two questions is yes, can it be because of race. And I'll bet you dollars-to-donuts, it's not race. Race is a often surrogate for socioeconomic indicators, which are the true link. But racism serves your narrative, so you take racism and run with it.

"I'm glad you're impressed, are you better off now than 4 years ago"

Even accounting for the virus (which was not his fault), the answer is hell yes. My retirement/college savings accounts are up, my tax rate is meaningfully down. And when the economy eventually recovers, with the moves I made, I will make out like a bandit. I'm going to be able to retire earlier and send my kids to better schools, than I otherwise would have.

"What happens when/if a vaccine is developed outside our borders?'

Obviously in that case, because everyone hates Trump, the whole world will develop the vaccine together and leave us out of it, and we'll all die. Why is it so terrible if someone else makes the discovery?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-04-2020 at 04:50 PM..
Old 05-04-2020, 05:46 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"But the virus’ spread across the United States is exposing racial fault lines, with early data showing that African-Americans are more likely to die from the disease than white Americans."

It's true that blacks are dying in disproportionate numbers. But is that because of race? Or is it because of socioeconomics? To answer that, you need to look at how wealthy blacks are faring who live in places with low mortality - are they still dying in disproportionate numbers? And you need to see how poor whites are faring who live in hard-hit areas - are the whites there faring better than their black neighbors? Only if the answer to those two questions is yes, can it be because of race. And I'll bet you dollars-to-donuts, it's not race. Race is a often surrogate for socioeconomic indicators, which are the true link. But racism serves your narrative, so you take racism and run with it.
You stated race because it served your narrative or is that a misinterpretation?

"I'm glad you're impressed, are you better off now than 4 years ago"

Even accounting for the virus (which was not his fault), the answer is hell yes. My retirement/college savings accounts are up, my tax rate is meaningfully down. And when the economy eventually recovers, with the moves I made, I will make out like a bandit. I'm going to be able to retire earlier and send my kids to better schools, than I otherwise would have.
It ain't over yet.

"What happens when/if a vaccine is developed outside our borders?'

Obviously in that case, because everyone hates Trump, the whole world will develop the vaccine together and leave us out of it, and we'll all die. Why is it so terrible if someone else makes the discovery?
Why do you think that America should be the follower and not the leader?
Do you think our position in the economy of the world is somehow promised?
That it is our due?

That no matter what we will have the most vibrant economy and the currency that is the world standard?

So did the British Empire.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-04-2020, 05:49 PM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Pete, you have single handedly driven me away from checking in, participating in, and ENJOYING this fishing site. It is impossible to not see YOU, and no one else comes close, in creating threads that will come to be seen when one clicks on New Posts.... Yes, you will say it is not your fault that there is a political forum... But that will not change what I have written here. A formerly great fishing site TRASHED. Hope you are proud. I will remember you as the one prick who just wouldn't let go of it and had to CONSTANTLY push your agenda on a fishing site.... I hope we don't meet in person. I wont be thinking of you kindly.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:54 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Pete, you have single handedly driven me away from checking in, participating in, and ENJOYING this fishing site. It is impossible to not see YOU, and no one else comes close, in creating threads that will come to be seen when one clicks on New Posts.... Yes, you will say it is not your fault that there is a political forum... But that will not change what I have written here. A formerly great fishing site TRASHED. Hope you are proud. I will remember you as the one prick who just wouldn't let go of it and had to CONSTANTLY push your agenda on a fishing site.... I hope we don't meet in person. I wont be thinking of you kindly.
Sorry you feel that way.
This administration has done little positive for America and done far more to divide us than my few posts on this forum.
Feel free to check out the Stable Geniuses tweets.

Then tell me how I was divisive

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-04-2020, 05:56 PM   #9
PaulS

it is been trashed for years
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-04-2020, 05:57 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Why do you think that America should be the follower and not the leader?
Do you think our position in the economy of the world is somehow promised?
That it is our due?

That no matter what we will have the most vibrant economy and the currency that is the world standard?

So did the British Empire.
"Why do you think that America should be the follower and not the leader?"

When did I say that, or even imply it? I didn't say we 'should be' following. I said it's no big deal, if someone gets there first. It's a vaccine, I care that it gets discovered quickly, more than I care who discovers it. Go ahead and make that wrong.

"Do you think our position in the economy of the world is somehow promised?'

Again, what voices are you hearing? When did I say anything like that? Our position isn't "promised", but our position has been earned, and it's relatively safe for now. China is the biggest global threat, but I think they shot themselves in the foot here, and they have major, major demographic obstacles on the horizon as there aren't enough young kids to fill the jobs of retiring seniors, not even close..

"That no matter what we will have the most vibrant economy and the currency that is the world standard?'

Not "no mater what". Rather, as long as we don't embrace the likes of you in the White House or in the legislature for long. If we elect people who handle the economy like this guy, we're going to continue to kick but.

"So did the British Empire"

Some historians would say that the British empire, and modern day America, are different.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:10 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Why do you think that America should be the follower and not the leader?"

When did I say that, or even imply it? I didn't say we 'should be' following. I said it's no big deal, if someone gets there first. It's a vaccine, I care that it gets discovered quickly, more than I care who discovers it. Go ahead and make that wrong.

We historically have been the world leader, your hero has absconded that position and put us into follower.

"Do you think our position in the economy of the world is somehow promised?'

Again, what voices are you hearing? When did I say anything like that? Our position isn't "promised", but our position has been earned, and it's relatively safe for now. China is the biggest global threat, but I think they shot themselves in the foot here, and they have major, major demographic obstacles on the horizon as there aren't enough young kids to fill the jobs of retiring seniors, not even close..
You hope they shot themselves in the foot, Trump* has displayed his incompetence again and again the numbers bear this out.

"That no matter what we will have the most vibrant economy and the currency that is the world standard?'

Not "no mater what". Rather, as long as we don't embrace the likes of you in the White House or in the legislature for long. If we elect people who handle the economy like this guy, we're going to continue to kick but.

Just look at how this economy is doing.

"So did the British Empire"

Some historians would say that the British empire, and modern day America, are different.
And some would look at the similarities between them, one 200 year old regime compared to another.

Lets Go Darwin