Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-19-2020, 02:29 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Drip.....Drip.....Drip...the Russians are coming

Julian Assange's lawyer has just told a British court that Rep. Rohrabacher (R-CA) passed a message to Assange from Agolf Twittler that if Assange agreed to cover up Russian involvement in hacking DNC emails (published by WikiLeaks) that Agolf would pardon him.

Lawyer's don't usually make claims in court they can't prove. Will be interesting to see if there is proof of these serious allegations Rohrabacher was the WH's messenger, offering a pardon in exchange for silence on Russia's hack of our election.

With Agolf, it’s impossible to discount an allegation of criminality that, against anyone else, would seem absurd.

So far just a claim in court by one scoundrel's lawyers, but it would be probably the worst thing that has happened so far if it's borne out--and man is that saying something.

There has been talk previously of both Roger Stone and former Rep. Dana Rohrabacher trying to broker a pardon for Assange.

This description seems to match reported effort by Rohrabacher: https://wsj.com/articles/gop-congres...509918?tesla=y

And guess who's on the "don't know him" list now?

Stephanie Grisham on Assange: “The President barely knows Dana Rohrabacher other than he’s an ex-congressman. He’s never spoken to him on this subject or almost any subject. It is a complete fabrication and a total lie. This is probably another never ending hoax and total lie from the DNC"

There's always a tweet for that.........

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Dana Rohrabacher has been a great Congressman for his District and for the people of Cal. He works hard and is respected by all - he produces! Dems are desperate to replace Dana by spending vast sums to elect a super liberal who is weak on Crime and bad for our Military & Vets!
12:32 AM · Nov 5, 2018·Twitter for iPhone

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2020, 10:46 AM   #2
detbuch

So Trump didn't lie and your drip drip is just another dry faucet.

From Yahoo News Michaeil Isikoff today:

A lawyer for Assange in London on Wednesday cited the pardon offer from Rohrabacher during a court hearing on the U.S. government’s request to extradite the WikiLeaks founder.

White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham immediately denounced the claim about a pardon discussion with Assange as a “complete fabrication” and that the president “barely knows Dana Rohrabacher” and has “never spoken to him on this subject or almost any subject.”

Rohrabacher said not only did talk of a Trump pardon take place during his meeting, but he followed up by calling then-White House Chief of Staff John Kelly to discuss the proposal. He did not, however, ever speak to Trump about it, he said.

“I spoke to Julian Assange and told him if he would provide evidence about who gave WikiLeaks the emails I would petition the president to give him a pardon,” Rohrabacher said. “He knew I could get to the president.”

When he spoke to Kelly, the then-chief of staff was “courteous” but made no commitment that he would even raise the matter directly with the president. “He knew this had to be handled with care,” Rohrabacher said, and that it could be spun by the news media in ways that would be “harmful” to the president. In fact, Rohrabacher said he never heard anything further from Kelly about the matter nor did he ever discuss the subject directly with Trump.

Rohrabacher also emphasized in the interview that he only wanted “truthful” information from Assange and never suggested that he “lie.”
Old 02-20-2020, 11:15 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,”
House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy said on a recording of Republican leaders made on June 15, 2016.

Some of the lawmakers on the tape laughed at McCarthy’s comment.

Then McCarthy quickly added: “Swear to God.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

It’s amazing how many people Trump claims he barely or doesn’t know, until he suddenly is forced to admit it and if you believe any claims coming out of this lying administration; you just need something to eat with your coolaid.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:18 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Another GOP member who went on his own "fact finding mission" a la Giuliani — but supposedly all on his own. And to get Assange to deny Russian involvement. Yeah, sure.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2020, 11:21 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

To be fair, dementia plays havoc with one’s memory. This might account for why he can’t remember Dana Rohrabacher, Lev Parnas, Igor Fruman and a multitude of other criminal co-conspirators. Just sayin...

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2020, 11:28 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

coolaid
everybody drink!!

poor desperate snowflakes....
Old 02-20-2020, 11:33 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

And Twittler didn't send Giuliani to Ukraine to dig up dirt on the Bidens. Until he admitted it. And he didn't know Lev Parnas, although a dozen photos show he did. And then there was this meeting in the WH with Rohrabacher.
Agolf didn’t know Lev Parnas but so many pictures, meals shared, etc. If I was going to bet, there are likely pictures here too with Rohrabacher.. let’s wait and see if this is the standard gaslighting Twittler operation.
Yes it exists, it is Dana Rohrabacher with Lev Parnas at the inaugural ball.
And Rohrabacher at the WH.
Amazing, how many coincidences there are with Agolf and Russian operatives........

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2020, 11:43 AM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
And Twittler didn't send Giuliani to Ukraine to dig up dirt on the Bidens. Until he admitted it. And he didn't know Lev Parnas, although a dozen photos show he did. And then there was this meeting in the WH with Rohrabacher.
Agolf didn’t know Lev Parnas but so many pictures, meals shared, etc. If I was going to bet, there are likely pictures here too with Rohrabacher.. let’s wait and see if this is the standard gaslighting Twittler operation.
Amazing, how many coincidences there are with Agolf and Russian operatives........
There you go scurrying to all your suppositions and conspiracy theories.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:06 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
There you go scurrying to all your suppositions and conspiracy theories.
Show me a supposition, I see plenty of Twittler's typical obstruction.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2020, 12:48 PM   #11
detbuch

Quote:
Show me a supposition, I see plenty of Twittler's typical obstruction.
With Agolf, it’s impossible to discount an allegation of criminality that, against anyone else, would seem absurd.

Any proof of that, or are you just supposing so.

And to get Assange to deny Russian involvement. Yeah, sure.

Do you have proof that Rohrabacher was lying when he said that he only wanted “truthful” information from Assange, or are you supposing that he merely wanted Assange to deny Russian involvement.

To be fair, dementia plays havoc with one’s memory. This might account for why he can’t remember Dana Rohrabacher, Lev Parnas, Igor Fruman and a multitude of other criminal co-conspirators. Just sayin...

Do you have proof that Trump has dementia?

and he didn't know Lev Parnas, although a dozen photos show he did. And then there was this meeting in the WH with Rohrabacher.

Do you have proof that Trump actually "knew" these people on a personal basis rather than just appearing with them in photos, and that he knew Rohrabacher more than barely as his press secretary said.

I see plenty of Twittler's typical obstruction.[QUOTE]

Are you saying, do you have proof, that all the above is actual obstruction, or just assuming, supposing so.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:12 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

[QUOTE=detbuch;1186541]With Agolf, it’s impossible to discount an allegation of criminality that, against anyone else, would seem absurd.

Any proof of that, or are you just supposing so.

And to get Assange to deny Russian involvement. Yeah, sure.

Do you have proof that Rohrabacher was lying when he said that he only wanted “truthful” information from Assange, or are you supposing that he merely wanted Assange to deny Russian involvement.

Do you have proof that Trump has dementia?

and he didn't know Lev Parnas, although a dozen photos show he did. And then there was this meeting in the WH with Rohrabacher.

Do you have proof that Trump actually "knew" these people on a personal basis rather than just appearing with them in photos, and that he knew Rohrabacher more than barely as his press secretary said.

I see plenty of Twittler's typical obstruction.
Quote:

Are you saying, do you have proof, that all the above is actual obstruction, or just assuming, supposing so.
Are you trying for a position on the Twittler Team?

There is plenty of evidence that Twittler coordinated with the Russians in the prior election, enough for thirty something indictments.

Does the fact that the Fifth no longer applies after you are pardoned have anything to do with why Manafort has not been pardoned and how long Stone will have to wait?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2020, 01:15 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2020, 01:57 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Are you trying for a position on the Twittler Team?

Nope. Are you assuming, suggesting, supposing, guessing, conspiring, that there is such a thing as the Twittler Team. I haven't heard of such a team. Then, you do make up a lot of stuff.

There is plenty of evidence that Twittler coordinated with the Russians in the prior election, enough for thirty something indictments.

Was anybody indicted for conspiring with this Twittler person to influence the prior election? Mueller claimed there was not enough to indict Trump for such a thing. But maybe Mueller should have investigated this Twittler character. You seem to have a whole lot of irrefutable information and evidence against him. Perhaps you should write a note to Congress or the DOJ about him.

Does the fact that the Fifth no longer applies after you are pardoned have anything to do with why Manafort has not been pardoned and how long Stone will have to wait?
Geeze, Pete, I haven't thought about that. Good suppositions, inferences, assumptions are no doubt inherent in those questions. No doubt, you will keep informing us about it.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:06 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Geeze, Pete, I haven't thought about that. Good suppositions, inferences, assumptions are no doubt inherent in those questions. No doubt, you will keep informing us about it.
Mueller said he would not indict a sitting President.

"That's not the correct way to say it," Mueller said. "We did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime."

That statement was more in line with his report, and with his earlier opening statement to the Judiciary Committee, where he said, "Based on Justice Department policy and principles of fairness, we decided we would not make a determination as to whether the President committed a crime. That was our decision then and it remains our decision today."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2020, 02:08 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You forgot this one

I just noticed that Hillary Clinton is not going to prison for 3 years and 4 months

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2020, 02:15 PM   #17
detbuch

Quote:
You forgot this one

I just noticed that Hillary Clinton is not going to prison for 3 years and 4 months
I didn't forget it. I didn't watch it.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:19 PM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
Mueller said he would not indict a sitting President.

So what was the point of the investigation?

"That's not the correct way to say it," Mueller said. "We did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime."

Because there was not sufficient evidence to do so.

That statement was more in line with his report, and with his earlier opening statement to the Judiciary Committee, where he said, "Based on Justice Department policy and principles of fairness, we decided we would not make a determination as to whether the President committed a crime. That was our decision then and it remains our decision today."
Old news. BTW, that was in part II, the so-called obstruction bit, not the conspiracy with Russia bit, part I. Nice trick.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:11 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Old news. BTW, that was in part II, the so-called obstruction bit, not the conspiracy with Russia bit, part I. Nice trick.
No trick, the only reason it ended up there is because of obstruction of the investigation of the conspiracy.

Firing FBI Director James Comey: Trump repeatedly pressured Comey to tell the public Trump wasn’t under investigation and to go easy on Michael Flynn. When Comey wouldn’t, Trump fired him—then bragged on national television and to Russian officials that he’d done it to stop the Russia investigation.
Dangling pardons: Trump has publicly alluded to the possibility of pardoning campaign officials indicted of collusion-related crimes, and his lawyers reportedly suggested it to theirs behind closed doors. That wouldn’t just be obstruction of justice—it would also be furthering the initial conspiracy to collude with Russia.
Tampering with witnesses: Key witnesses—and even indicted campaign officials like campaign chairman Paul Manafort—were reportedly in contact with the White House before and after they testified to Special Counsel Robert Mueller or Congress. Trump has also praised witnesses like Roger Stone who refused to testify against Trump and called Cohen a “rat” for cooperating with investigators.
Forcing out Attorney General Jeff Sessions: Trump’s only criticism of Sessions was that he had recused himself from overseeing Mueller’s investigation rather than run interference for Trump. When Sessions finally stepped down, Trump went outside the Justice Department’s explicit chain of command to illegally appoint an acting attorney general who’d openly attacked Mueller and even outlined how Trump could sideline the special counsel.
Trying to fire Mueller and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein: Along with his running commentary bashing Mueller’s investigation, Trump has reportedly tried to fire Mueller at least twice. He also reportedly considered forcing out Rosenstein, who has overseen the investigation since Sessions’s recusal in early 2017.
Directing the coverup of the June 9 meeting: When The New York Times first reported that Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Manafort met with suspected Russian operatives in Trump Tower, the president personally dictated his son’s misleading response. That response just so happened to dismiss the June 9 meeting as having been about adoptions—a topic Trump said he had recently discussed with Russian President Vladimir Putin at G20.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2020, 03:18 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:
No trick, the only reason it ended up there is because of obstruction of the investigation of the conspiracy.

blah....blah....blah...

hey pete...nobody cares....
Old 02-20-2020, 03:28 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
hey pete...nobody cares....
History will.......

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2020, 04:46 PM   #22
detbuch

Quote:

It wouldn't have worked in Part I. In that part, he said there was not sufficient evidence to indict.

Firing FBI Director James Comey: Trump repeatedly pressured Comey to tell the public Trump wasn’t under investigation

He was told by Comey and others that he wasn't under investigation. What was illegal, immoral, or a lie, to ask that Comey publicly say that? (Of course, you have to characterize it as being "pressured.")

and to go easy on Michael Flynn.

There was good reason to go easy on Flynn. The FBI initially did not think he lied. His meeting with Russians was not illegal, actually was part of his responsibility in the incoming administration. He wasn't told in his interrogation that he was under investigation and that he should have a lawyer present. We may even be discovering that Flynn was the real target in the phony investigation.

When Comey wouldn’t, Trump fired him—then bragged on national television and to Russian officials that he’d done it to stop the Russia investigation.

It was not illegal to fire Comey. The assistant AG recommended it.

Dangling pardons: Trump has publicly alluded to the possibility of pardoning campaign officials indicted of collusion-related crimes, and his lawyers reportedly suggested it to theirs behind closed doors. That wouldn’t just be obstruction of justice—it would also be furthering the initial conspiracy to collude with Russia.
Tampering with witnesses: Key witnesses—and even indicted campaign officials like campaign chairman Paul Manafort—were reportedly in contact with the White House before and after they testified to Special Counsel Robert Mueller or Congress. Trump has also praised witnesses like Roger Stone who refused to testify against Trump and called Cohen a “rat” for cooperating with investigators.
Forcing out Attorney General Jeff Sessions: Trump’s only criticism of Sessions was that he had recused himself from overseeing Mueller’s investigation rather than run interference for Trump. When Sessions finally stepped down, Trump went outside the Justice Department’s explicit chain of command to illegally appoint an acting attorney general who’d openly attacked Mueller and even outlined how Trump could sideline the special counsel.
Trying to fire Mueller and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein: Along with his running commentary bashing Mueller’s investigation, Trump has reportedly tried to fire Mueller at least twice. He also reportedly considered forcing out Rosenstein, who has overseen the investigation since Sessions’s recusal in early 2017.
Directing the coverup of the June 9 meeting: When The New York Times first reported that Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Manafort met with suspected Russian operatives in Trump Tower, the president personally dictated his son’s misleading response. That response just so happened to dismiss the June 9 meeting as having been about adoptions—a topic Trump said he had recently discussed with Russian President Vladimir Putin at G20.
That's all a whole lot of noise that led to nothing except dangling bits of suppositions, assumptions, conspiracy theories, and little pieces of moldy meat for you to incessantly rant and drip on and on and on . . .
Old 02-20-2020, 05:02 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
That's all a whole lot of noise that led to nothing except dangling bits of suppositions, assumptions, conspiracy theories, and little pieces of moldy meat for you to incessantly rant and drip on and on and on . . .
Donald Trump’s: Campaign chair: felon Deputy campaign chair: felon Foreign policy adviser: felon Personal lawyer: felon National security adviser: felon Longtime political adviser: felon

Nothing says “I hate political corruption” quite like commuting the sentence of a corrupt Governor of Illinois who went to prison for withholding money from a children’s hospital until they paid him a $50,000 bribe.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-20-2020, 05:06 PM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
Donald Trump’s: Campaign chair: felon Deputy campaign chair: felon Foreign policy adviser: felon Personal lawyer: felon National security adviser: felon Longtime political adviser: felon

Nothing says “I hate political corruption” quite like commuting the sentence of a corrupt Governor of Illinois who went to prison for withholding money from a children’s hospital until they paid him a $50,000 bribe.
Donald Trump: President: not a felon. Not convicted. Not conspiracist. Not convicted for obstruction. Yada, yada, yada . . .
Old 02-20-2020, 06:33 PM   #25
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Donald Trump: President: not a felon. Not convicted. Not conspiracist. Not convicted for obstruction. Yada, yada, yada . . .
Not doing sh*t to protect our elections from foreign intervention and when intelligence brings him intel advising him, that a Russia is at it again to help Trump, what does he do? Out with the old, in with a loyalist with zero intelligence experience, are you clowns just ok with foreign interference because you just hate Democrats? A sixth Trump aid sentenced today, it’s just corruption from the top down and Trump and Barr are two very dangerous individuals. Lucky for Americans worse case is one more term and then those that helped and abated him will have to pay the bill.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:36 PM   #26
scottw

the snowflakes are increasingly unhinged....
Old 02-20-2020, 07:07 PM   #27
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
the snowflakes are increasingly unhinged....
You constantly say nobody cares yet you repeatedly come back here and say nothing other than throw out little insults. you're getting likes SD.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-20-2020, 07:20 PM   #28
PaulS

Maybe Scott is a Russian bot trying to get Trump reelected?
Old 02-20-2020, 07:51 PM   #29
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Maybe Scott is a Russian bot trying to get Trump reelected?
I think he’s auditioning to be Trump Jr’s political advisor.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:25 PM   #30
Jim in CT

WHat should scare you isn't the Russians, it's...drip...drip...drip...the convention is coming, and the likely resulting civil war within the democratic party.