Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks

How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks How-To's, Tips & Tricks plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) **** Please Do Not Start Discussions or Ask New Questions in Here **** This is for popular Threads To be moved here for easy access & discussion. Post all new questions in main Stripertalk Forum

Old 01-25-2003, 11:09 AM   #1
Clammer

women

I would be willing to give instructions on

!= hitting channel markers with the boat in the middle of the night in very late fall ,when no one else is around//////////
2= How to average 3 ruined props a season
3= help other anglers lose fish in the safety of darkness
4= roll on the floor and pee
5= how to use bright green line /so when the fish continue to break it off //you can see the line going away///
6 = go schoolie fishing , and everyone is catching fish , on the first cast catch the only blue caught//////////Then have to jump in the water to get it {the Plug} 30 Degree temperature
7 tie on leaders that the knots never hold =====so you keep losing fish & gear //////////////
8 = drop your $300 surf rod off the boat[why was it on the boat] and get it back/////////////
9= buy a new boat 7 get it in the water in time to have the whole cove freeze ==so you can walk on water ,,around your boat/////////////
10== THe art of eating wings at Hooters & staring at the same time///////////
11 == the art of watching Slip as he tries to figure what plugs to DRAG with him ==up & down the shoreline
12 == learn how to keep the proper distance from Bloo when fishing his monster rig//////////
13== And finally how to meet new people, learn new things , fish for fun , laugh , ENjoy , yet have friends around if you need them///////////

OOOOPs one more 14== be with Milo for what the @#$% //////////
another one ///
15 GEt to fish with G/S and you,ll quickly learn ,thereis alot you don,t know about fishing//////////////
Later//////////////

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 11:48 AM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

LMAO mike, your a character. Fish with me soon bud, I'm sure I can add to the list, I've done some stupid things in may day. Experience is a great teacher, here are some things I can gladly help others accomplish or avoid

1. Why you never ever get out of your seat in my boat, when the engine is running, especially in late septemer.
2. Why is helpful to undo the motor totter and bungee before launching as the propeller, although it can do it for you, tends to be damaged in the process.
3. Why trimming up your outboard before you trailer home is wise and why not going fishing with a fever that same day, might have saved your skeg while backing into your driveway later in the day.
4. Why with 25 knot winds and 4 footers, it's smart to wear the brand new 75 dollar life jacket, rather than look back wondering where the hell it went.
5. Why you should remember to put the aerator back in the livewell, so the dozen eels you want to save until the next trip, don't become the most foul smelling mess after a week under cover in 90 degree heat.
6. Why it's smart to not leave the bildge pump and other electronic devices running for a week between trips.
7. Why greasing your bearings more frequently can save you the sight of your right rear trailer tire beating you down the exit ramp.
8. Why when you buy your first trailer, new or not, you should immediately pull all the internal light wiring and place it on the outside, which will save you hours of frustration down the road. Note to self; time I did that with this trailer.
9. Why it's wise to not forget both your hat and sunblock on those bright sunny summer days.
10. Why you always check to make sure the plug is in before launching the boat and why at the same time, you should always insure your bildge pump works before launching.
11. Why after dark in new water, you never assume you know the way back to the ramp, especially when low on gas in the first place.

Oh my list goes on, but that will suffice to start .
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 02:52 PM   #3
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

hmmm ever seen a boga grip go to the bottom on a fishes lips?

Been there done that, and glad the pin was loose in it so it maybe didnt kill that fish
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 05:04 PM   #4
milo

Hey Clamma bubba.I heard they were gonna appoint you forum leader in here...YUP I voted for you too If all goes well I'll see ya Thursday and stay off the floor will ya
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 03:58 AM   #5
BEETLE

I already know how to do most of those things !!! but i'll keep you guys in mind if i need some remediation. Thanks for the laughs on a boring night shift at work.

Beetle
BEETLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 10:11 AM   #6
Scotch Bonnet
USA

Clammdigger.........

I thought you were gonna give all your How Too's, Tips and tricks regarding Women
Scotch Bonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 10:56 AM   #7
Clammer

Scocth,,if you knew the whole story on that !!!!!!!!!!@#$%^

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 01-26-2003, 05:55 PM   #8
Jenn

Quote:
I thought you were gonna give all your How Too's, Tips and tricks regarding Women

I was curious to see what you guys actually THOUGHT you knew about tips and tricks reguarding women!!!!

...of course nothing written could mean.....nothing to write!!!!!

(sorry Clammer....But I had to pay you back for a certain post ...I think you can figure out which one )

hey.....that could be lesson # 1......paybacks are a beee.....aw....tch and so are women!!!!!
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 07:03 AM   #9
Fishpart
Keep The Change

1) can give lessons on how to run all over the coast for 3 seasons barely catching anything and taking a friend out for his first surf fishing trip ever and having him catch close to the fish of a lifetime.............

2) How to watch clamdigger and John bail fish after fish while my bait goes untouched and have a great time doing it.

3) How to catch the bluefish so clamdigger doesn't have to scratch up his plugs on them as he bails bass after bass.

4) How to watch the MDA Tournament winning bass swim away at my feet with Johns brand new plug still attched.

5) How to cast a bomber into the rocks across Weakapaug Breachway and then spend an entire night in front of TV picking out the birds nest before realizing it's time to cut

6) How to have a great time fishing and making friends with great bunch of people. (Should be number One)

Last edited by Fishpart; 01-27-2003 at 09:53 AM..
Fishpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 09:33 AM   #10
Duke41
got gas?

I have gained a certain expertise in boat launching. I would be willing to share my experince and groovy moves with my similairly impaired brethern. to wit:

1. How to guess or eyeball the proper ball size for your trailer, only to guess wrong and have the tongue of the trailer flip up and foward smashing through the barn doors of your Tahoe in front of a group of yacht club yachties whose smirks and asides still haunt your dreams today.

2. Launch you boat without a line attached and watch it go floating into Newport Harbor at 6:00 am with an offshore breeze carry it out the bay.

3. How to talk about a "hot spot" all the way to Newport 1 hour drive only to have it produce nothing.

4. Take out a charter group, catch the first and only fish of the day, a nice 39 incher, while screwing aroung with your spining rig. Then to endure their glares as they catch zip for the next 4 hours.
Duke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 10:40 AM   #11
Big Vern
Hooked

I'll be glad to help as well.

1. How to pull out schoolie after schoolie amongst a crowd hooking up with decent fish. The secret is that I've taken it to the next level, and can pull off the feat while using the same equipment and techniques of those around me. I have no problem passing on these tips.

2. I can show people how to leave the protective sleeve on Storm Wildeyes, and then wonder why you can't stick any of the fish that are whacking the bait. Not much involved here, but a thread or two would never hurt.

3. I can show you how to drive all the way out to the outer beaches, organize you bag, put you waders on, hike for two miles through fluffy sand, take one cast, retreive a mung ball the size of a Chevy, retrace your steps, and hop back in the car to return to where you came from.

I've got these things down.
Big Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 11:32 AM   #12
Goose

This is the GOD honest truth!

When I was in seventh grade I liked a girl so much I hid behind a doorway and when she walked pass I stuck my foot out...she fell flat on her face.

This other girl...I wanted to show her how much I liked her....I pulled her seat from under her, she fell flat on her a$$.

lolol.......I kill me every time I think about that.

I pray that I'll never have to start dating again.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 12:00 PM   #13
Scotch Bonnet
USA

Goose you caveman!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xracast.jpg (113.5 KB, 394 views)
Old 01-27-2003, 12:33 PM   #14
Jenn

Quote:
When I was in seventh grade I liked a girl so much I hid behind a doorway and when she walked pass I stuck my foot out...she fell flat on her face.
LMAO!!!! So I guess when you say you had girls falling at your feet....you really mean it??!!!

SMOOOOOOOOOOOTH!!!! (I hope you learned since then though!!! )
Old 01-28-2003, 08:47 AM   #15
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
(I hope you learned since then though!!! )
He learned - he has daughters of his own to worry about in a few years

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 12:42 PM   #16
Jenn

Quote:
he has daughters of his own to worry about in a few years
I fear for you....!!!!

actually I really got a kick out of that story....kinda reminded me of the time I got "spit-wadded" on the bus......next day he ask me to "go out"...........ooh it gets better.....I said yes!!!!!

chalk one up for raging hormones!
Old 01-28-2003, 07:54 PM   #17
Scotch Bonnet
USA

See......women are easy to figure out!
Old 01-28-2003, 08:30 PM   #18
Jenn

hey dont base anything on what I said.....(other women think I am out of my mind half the time..... )
Old 01-28-2003, 08:36 PM   #19
Jenn

....check out my post in the scuppers...."A MUST READ"

this may shed some light on the subect
Old 02-04-2003, 12:15 PM   #20
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Hey Mike,

I will lead a seminar on how to hook up a barge while on Cuttyhunk!!! Might even throw in how to lose a rod tip at the same time!!! Hell, I'll even go as far as to explain how to leave a premium custom rod propped on garbage barrels in the garage, after repairing rod tip, so a family member can properly run it over with a Taurus wagon!!!!!
Can't wait for that replacement from Saltheart on the 15th!!!

Rosco
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 04:24 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally posted by Jenn
hey dont base anything on what I said.....(other women think I am out of my mind half the time..... )
Half the time or half the year, what about the men, what do they think about you. Of course people who live in glass houses, so you won't find me talking about other crazy people.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 09:55 PM   #22
redcrbbr
here fishy fishy

Send a message via ICQ to redcrbbr Send a message via AIM to redcrbbr Send a message via Yahoo to redcrbbr
following goose's lead... when i was in fifth or sixth grade i followed this girl Marcy home, when i knocked on her door she came out and punched me in the nose. maybe she knew goose?

as for knowledge gained from this site.......

to save yourself two days of recovery... canowhoopass is best gotten to with assistance of a burro or serpa

i can show you how to turn a $1.25 eel into a $.02 cigarbutt

emotional aerobics on the beach after breaking off

helpful hints.....

you should never wear a buttoned up foul weather jacket over your waders if you have deadly gas

always stay upwind of bassmaster

redcrbbr
of all the things i've lost...i miss my mind the most!!

redcrbbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 09:06 AM   #23
Jenn

GS...LORD ONLY KNOWS what they think!! HA!HA! I have to keep reminding myself sometimes that people that dont know me really well, most likely have the wrong impression of me, and that I cant let that bother me!!! yeah I am a little crazy....but i can be serious when i WANT to be...

RED....can you show me how to control my emotions???? You always seem so easy going.....
Old 02-09-2003, 10:03 AM   #24
Clammer

Jenn, emotions ????????/ your nuts///////////
see ya next w/e
BE GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE