Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 01-19-2017, 10:59 PM   #1
wader-dad

update on CT Surfcasters Demo Day Show

If you missed out on buying a Commando Plug Bag - Tom will have a table with a good selection - see stealth picture.

Charlie Soares just wrote a book called Legends of the Surf and he will be there hopefully with books hot off the presses.

Some of the custom plug builder will have special plugs just for the show. Some like Linesider69 collaboration plugs with Winch.

Also there will be a demo table with short 10 or 20 minute demos - here is a partial list

10:00 Billy D - plug rewire and restoring beater plugs.
10:20 Steve G - Eel Transportation
11:00 Toby L - snelled hooks
11:20 Pete K - single dead eel rigging
11:40 Kevin S - loading red fins
12:20 Jim M - hand carved plug demo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1249.jpg (73.2 KB, 31 views)
wader-dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:28 AM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Nice....

Link to date and more info:

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...ad.php?t=91687

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:16 PM   #3
Linesider82

For those that don't do facebook here's the link to demo day posts which will be updated daily until the day of the event in Clinton CT:

http://www.connecticutsurfcasters.com/demoday-2017/

Also, if you cannot attend demo day but still want to hear some fishing talk our guest speaker for February's meeting in Madison CT is Alfred Anuszewski

http://www.connecticutsurfcasters.co...-february-2017
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:21 PM   #4
DZ

I may have to come to say hi to Alfred.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:28 PM   #5
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

So who got to this and how was it?
Any highlights?
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:00 PM   #6
Linesider82

Good show, most I talked to said better than last year. Had ZB and VS in attendance standing behind their products.

The resounding comments I got from the people attending were about the talks. Frank Gonclaves, Dennis Zambrotta, Peter Jenkins, Dante Soriente, and Charley Soares all had great feedback.

In running the event, my least favorite part is not hearing the talks, so the best I can get is through those that sat in and listened.

A class act group of people made this event.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:24 AM   #7
rphud
GrandBob

Nice, smaller, low key event. Although I heard there was a rush for somebody's plugs right at the start, it must not have lasted long or been that big a rush. A big bunch of plug builders, VS, ZB, some rods and some interesting talks. Got to see some folks I never knew came to CT and a few from CT I had not seen in too long. A very nice way to spend a January Saturday morning indeed.
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:17 AM   #8
wader-dad

Thanks to everyone who came. The show is kind of like a family gathering -where everyone gets along. Especially liked the Dennis Z talk on Campo and to meet Charlie Soares and his talk on fishing with Pichney was great.

The vendors were very forthcoming with information. Chris Blouin with StormR - Nice to see Zeebaas guys and looks like company is moving forward good. Craig at VS has more enthusiasm than 4 guys. Demos were good- Billy D on restoring old beaters and Steve ("Puppet") on making an eel jug and Jim on handcarved plugs among others.

Great buys on club member tables. Club member plugs like Billy D, Jeff the Chef, Jim Munson and Jay Hanecak that are hard to get anywhere else.

Food was good- crock pots with chili, sausage and peppers, Pepper steak (Bobby Padilla wow).

Maybe best is see guys- the Professor M- , Chris Blanchard, Charley-(Danny plug) lots of others.

Really a highlight of the year for me. Look forward to it and sad when its over. I will post some pictures.
wader-dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:17 AM   #9
Yudi

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
So who got to this and how was it?
Any highlights?
It was my fist time, so I cannot offer a comparison to other years.

But I thought the show was great. It's not huge, but it is at a proper venue, its busy but not total chaos. Well organized and lots of good products and a lot of local contributors.

I really wanted to check out the FSC 1327, which I got to, and was really impressed by that blank and the people over there at FiberStar.

Picked up a GooGoo Man darter. I don't usually spend that kind of money on plugs, but I did really want one of these based on research I've done. Never used one so....we'll see.

Billy D.'s Pikies are pretty awesome. I would have picked up one of those if I had the equipment to actually throw them. Next rod will probably be a FSC1327, and then I'll be giving Billy a call!

My boy and I sat in on DZ's lecture/discussion. That was good. He had some Campo redfins and SS needles with him. It was pretty cool to be able to handle those and understand why he loaded them that way.

I had my 8 year old boy with me. People were real good to him.
Yudi is offline   Reply With Quote