Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 08-16-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
Jenn

Psuedophedrine diaries.....

Aug 15th and a massive head cold sets in. Must take something to ease the pain....pop 2 Tylenol cold every four hours but it just doesnt clear the pressure in my head but it was my only score as "Biggie Big Y "had no Advil Cold & Sinus. You know... the GOOD stuff. Advil is the drug of choice. The tylenol made me feel like psychedelic worms were crawling under my skin all night log.....paranoia sets in. "Will I get enough sleep to function in the morning"? "Will my sinuses be clear enough to work"?

Aug 16th. 6:00Am wake from barely sleeping. REALLY need to score some Advil C&S but where? all the dealers seem to be holding out on me. My man tells me you have to ask for it at the counter now..because of the warnings and abusers..."WHAT???!??? are you kidding" I ask....
1:00P.M. finally muster up enough energy to hit CVS.....the shelves are full but no Advil C&S. I NEED my advil C&S....Its the only thing that works and doesnt make my insides crawl like the Tylenol did.
1:05 P.M. ask clerk behind counter if (sniffling and hacking) there is any Advil. She slides a box onto the counter asking for my license.....evil eyeing me.....she must know I am a Psuephedrine junkie now!!!!! She spends the next five minutes (I SWEAR) typing in info and finally makes me sign some sort of waiver (that I could barely read because my eyes are about to pop out of my head if I cough one more time!!!!) Finally I have the goods!

what has this world come too? sorry but despite the warnings it has been the only cold medicine that doesnt seem to make me "loopy" and it actually works! I seriously took the Tylenol and felt like I was gonna have a heart attack ...never mind the twitching....

Why is the drug that makes me feel like I'm gonna die sold off the shelf and the one that seems to have no alter effects they make you sign an act of congress to get it....oh and make you feel like a criminal or something to boot.....

Thank you for letting me rant. I have another hour to let the rest of the tylenol wear off and then I can take the other stuff....I will be fine.

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

advil cold and sinus is what keeps me alive, I used to buy it in bulk from BJs. I get massive sinus headaches regularly and its the only thing that works. This thing pisses me off, last week I was dying, head feeling like an ice pick in my eye and Im standing at the cvs counter while a girl enter my licencse info. its crazy. i can buy 25 kegs of beer without this paperwork but not a pack cold medicine?????????

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:27 PM   #3
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

oh...and before Raven posts - I already bought a neti pot, but havent used it yet.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
Aug 15th and a massive head cold sets in. Must take something to ease the pain....pop 2 Tylenol cold every four hours but it just doesnt clear the pressure in my head but it was my only score as "Biggie Big Y "had no Advil Cold & Sinus. You know... the GOOD stuff. Advil is the drug of choice. The tylenol made me feel like psychedelic worms were crawling under my skin all night log.....paranoia sets in. "Will I get enough sleep to function in the morning"? "Will my sinuses be clear enough to work"?

Aug 16th. 6:00Am wake from barely sleeping. REALLY need to score some Advil C&S but where? all the dealers seem to be holding out on me. My man tells me you have to ask for it at the counter now..because of the warnings and abusers..."WHAT???!??? are you kidding" I ask....
1:00P.M. finally muster up enough energy to hit CVS.....the shelves are full but no Advil C&S. I NEED my advil C&S....Its the only thing that works and doesnt make my insides crawl like the Tylenol did.
1:05 P.M. ask clerk behind counter if (sniffling and hacking) there is any Advil. She slides a box onto the counter asking for my license.....evil eyeing me.....she must know I am a Psuephedrine junkie now!!!!! She spends the next five minutes (I SWEAR) typing in info and finally makes me sign some sort of waiver (that I could barely read because my eyes are about to pop out of my head if I cough one more time!!!!) Finally I have the goods!

what has this world come too? sorry but despite the warnings it has been the only cold medicine that doesnt seem to make me "loopy" and it actually works! I seriously took the Tylenol and felt like I was gonna have a heart attack ...never mind the twitching....

Why is the drug that makes me feel like I'm gonna die sold off the shelf and the one that seems to have no alter effects they make you sign an act of congress to get it....oh and make you feel like a criminal or something to boot.....

Thank you for letting me rant. I have another hour to let the rest of the tylenol wear off and then I can take the other stuff....I will be fine.
You can thank all of the people who cook up crystal meth in home brewed labs.

Pseudophedrine is the key ingredient in brewing crank, which is why they have stuff containing it behind the counter and make you sign all those forms when you buy it--you're only supposed to be able to buy a limited supply each month

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #5
Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
You can thank all of the people who cook up crystal meth in home brewed labs.

Pseudophedrine is the key ingredient in brewing crank, which is why they have stuff containing it behind the counter and make you sign all those forms when you buy it--you're only supposed to be able to buy a limited supply each month

Yeah I know....thats why I couldnt help but feel like a freeking criminal! All she had to do was take one good look at me (can you say death warmed over?) and listen to my labored breathing through all the snot..........I know I know she was only doing her job.......

Simplify.......
Old 08-18-2007, 09:29 PM   #6
sok
North Shore Lurker

Pseudophedrine hydrochloride
Yes, they use to make crank.
And it's a diuretic. Dehydrates you.
AND more important; it raises your blood pressure. Stimulant.
Take only as much as you need.
It will clear your sinuses. BUT.
As soon as it's bearable to stop............stop.
After a certain point(four or five days) it won't work anymore.
(Dad is a pharmacist; 35 years+.)
sok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:57 AM   #7
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

JJ-Junkie Jenn

As sick as you are Jenn, you're pretty god damn funny.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:38 AM   #8
Adam_777

Next time at first signs of any nasal uncomfortableness use saline nasal spray.Tip the bottle so it drips in your nose while your snorting it .Kinda sucks and you'll most likely cough and gag but it helps fight off that sinus crap.This method has kept the usually two or three sinus infections I get in the summer down to zero.The A/C makes it worse also.I get the same when I go to the drugstore for my meds.I take corricidin HBP.They look at me like a junky meth head.I'm sure I fit the bill but I have HBP and most of the other COLD and FLU and Sinus stuff make me feel like the big one is coming.Laying in bed in silence listening to the thump of your heart bouncing off the bed like a little kid jumping on a new matress can get the nerves up and then it gets worse.Hope for a speedy recovery for you and remember preventive maintenance for the next time.Saline spray is cheap and for a shot in the schnoz a day it's worth a clear head and healthy nasal passages.If your Italian like myself you may need the giant saline bottle to lube them giant size passages.I Use a funnel on mine
Adam_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:18 PM   #9
Jenn

[QUOTE=sok;517932]Pseudophedrine hydrochloride

QUOTE]

Thats the messed up part that I dont understand though.....the advil doesnt make me feel out of sorts which is why I like it.....the Tylenol (from the shelf) withOUT the Psuedophedrine makes me feel like my heart is spazzing and my muscles twitchy!!

Anyway .....still feel like crap and hope this thing clears up REAL SOON........

Simplify.......
Old 08-20-2007, 05:54 PM   #10
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Jenn I found Sudafed nighttime was a really good one last time I was sick. Really cleared me out good and it zonks you to boot.

Hope you feel better it sucks being sick esp in the summer.
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:34 PM   #11
sok
North Shore Lurker

[QUOTE=Jenn;518306]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sok View Post
Pseudophedrine hydrochloride

QUOTE]

Thats the messed up part that I dont understand though.....the advil doesnt make me feel out of sorts which is why I like it.....the Tylenol (from the shelf) withOUT the Psuedophedrine makes me feel like my heart is spazzing and my muscles twitchy!!

Anyway .....still feel like crap and hope this thing clears up REAL SOON........
Hope you feel better. Really do.
Tylenol/acetaminophin is only supposed to be an anti-inflammatory and a pain killer. Same as advil/ibuprophen. And aspirin.
Not stimulants.
Fine print? Nothing else in it?
They do package tylenol and advil with sudafed.
I'll see what I can find out.
(I really have to start checking email more than every other day.)
Old 08-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #12
Jenn

Thanks SOK.... I am feeling a little better today but still have the congestion.

I was taking the cold medicines, not just plain advil or tylenol.

The Tylenol cold multi symptom contains of course the Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, Guaifenesin & Phenylephrine

The Advil Cold & Sinus contains the Ibuprofen and Psuedophedrine.

Maybe I am just sensitive to something in the Tylenol, i dont know ...but judging by the way I felt when I took it....THAT should be the one you have to sign a form and show your license to buy!!!!

Simplify.......
Old 08-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #13
sok
North Shore Lurker

There you go.
Phenylephrine.
Ending in "ine" is bad. Usually.
Think ephedrine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephedrine

Aren't summer colds the worst?

Last edited by sok; 08-24-2007 at 06:38 PM..