Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 11-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
Sweetwater
Ruled only by the tide

Moss Waived by the Vikings

So do the Patriots re-sign Moss (pocketing the 3rd rounder they got from the Vikes)?

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.
Sweetwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
JohnnyD

No thanks. He's a cancer. Sure, as an individual, you'd be hard pressed to find a better big play guy - no one else is going to one-hand a deep ball in the back of the endzone. On the other hand, I'm much happier with the direction the Pats have taken post-Moss; getting back to basics with spreading the ball around and developing a running game. They have players that will fight to get open when it counts and work towards getting those much needed YAC.

There are far too many young bloods on the team to manage, let alone Randy's ego on top of it. Utilize a Cover 2 defense with a tough guy at the line to stuff him and a faster guy to pick him up after. Stuff him early in a game and he gives up - it's no secret.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

SLAP,,,,,
GattaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetwater View Post
So do the Patriots re-sign Moss (pocketing the 3rd rounder they got from the Vikes)?

even if it's true
i seriously doubt the Pats would grab him
think about it,
he whined about a contract here = gone
he went off yesterday = gone
he'll never learn so I say no, we don't want that again
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
striperman36
Old Guy

Cowgirls, eh boys
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

If he even became available to the Pats, that would mean at least thirty teams passed on him.... If that happened, he would be having a long look in the mirror knowing he has probably ended his own career. But if BB thought he was worth it, Kraft would have him in his office laying down the line. Step over once, you're gone. No contract talk until after the season. But that is all conjecture on IF he actually will be waived..... Let me see....Bill or Brad? Who would you rather have making decisions?

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #7
basswipe

I love the he's a cancer thing.It didn't even take 5 minutes after he left the Pats before the first moron called EEI using the word cancer.And yet according to every single Pat he was the ideal teammate.

Hell Moss had his tongue down the throats of Brady,Belichek and Kraft before the penis-heads were even off the field.Of course he's coming back and at a discount.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #8
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
I love the he's a cancer thing.It didn't even take 5 minutes after he left the Pats before the first moron called EEI using the word cancer.And yet according to every single Pat he was the ideal teammate.

Hell Moss had his tongue down the throats of Brady,Belichek and Kraft before the penis-heads were even off the field.Of course he's coming back and at a discount.
I've been saying it all season.

He has a piss-poor attitude, can't be depended on later in the game when it really counts, gives up easily after being stuffed for a quarter or two, doesn't like to expose himself in the middle of the field, the offense has to be adjusted to serve his ego, cornerbacks know when he isn't involved in a play because he doesn't try, distracts teams from their game plan by forcing them to throw the long ball even when that is not their style... shall I go on?

The Pats haven't lost a game since getting rid of him, they are scoring more points and are back to their ways when they won Super Bowls.

52 players on a team. Championships aren't won on the back of a single guy. They may not be a better team in the short term, but they certainly will be in the long term without the shadow of Randy in the locker room.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #9
pmueller
Captain Pete

A NY blog is saying he might be going to the Jets.
pmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:16 AM   #10
Saltheart

he could help a lot of teams if he'd play his hardest. Big if. he still has plenty of talent , just not motivated to do his best every play. Honestly , I feel sorry for him. One of the best on the field who will be remembered as a problem every where he went.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:25 AM   #11
Rockfish9

My guess he lands in San dieago.... Rivers could use a new toy.... although KC would probably be a better fit..there always is a team that thinks they can change these guy's... if big Bill cannot do it IMHO..no one can.

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is online now   Reply With Quote