Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-03-2019, 06:06 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Nah, the media isn’t in the tank for the democrats

Here, a CNN anchor asks former FBI director Comey if the FBI should have “shut down” Trump supporters who chanted “lock her up” at Trump rallies.

Constitution, shmonstitution, all that mattters is getting democrats elected. This isn’t some
nut, on the street, this is a CNN anchor.

Free speech? Not if it’s inconvenient to the left.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...vXxOJvttDE3ZfE
Old 04-03-2019, 06:48 AM   #2
wdmso

OMG a reporter asking the former FBI director about Hate speech ..

and wow you make some crazy leaps ..... your fully indoctrinated that is clear
Old 04-03-2019, 06:59 AM   #3
Ian
Idiot

While we’re posting Fox News links, I enjoyed this one: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/its...crisis-nielsen

This should be good news for democrats, since his administration likes to ignore category 5 hurricane disasters
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-03-2019, 07:57 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Went over your head as usual. The scary thing, is that the CNN anchor considers it hate speech, when Trump supporters are criticizing Hilary.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:21 AM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Hate Speech

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-03-2019, 08:55 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Went over your head as usual. The scary thing, is that the CNN anchor considers it hate speech, when Trump supporters are criticizing Hilary.
I'd classify it as stupid speech, when you feel that someone should be locked up for things they have been cleared of.
Meanwhile the man they are there to support:
Believes dictators rather than his own security people
Meets with Putin alone
Is in love with Kim jong Un
Denigrates the Department of Justice and FBI
Didn't think that reporting offers of Russian collusion during the election to the FBI was important
Fabricates false documents to cover up meetings with Russians
Uses an unsecured cellphone
Had no deals in Russia, wait I had a deal but it wasn't advantageous to me to reveal that and nothing came of it.....not yet anyways
He hardly knew......his lawyer or non lawyer, the head of his campaign,etc.
Grants security clearances to 25 people who don't pass the test
Eliminates the financial check on security clearances
Uses an unsecured email server for official business, oh wait that wasn't him, that was Ivanka, no problem

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2019, 09:03 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I'd classify it as stupid speech, when you feel that someone should be locked up for things they have been cleared of.
Meanwhile the man they are there to support:
Believes dictators rather than his own security people
Meets with Putin alone
Is in love with Kim jong Un
Denigrates the Department of Justice and FBI
Didn't think that reporting offers of Russian collusion during the election to the FBI was important
Fabricates false documents to cover up meetings with Russians
Uses an unsecured cellphone
Had no deals in Russia, wait I had a deal but it wasn't advantageous to me to reveal that and nothing came of it.....not yet anyways
He hardly knew......his lawyer or non lawyer, the head of his campaign,etc.
Grants security clearances to 25 people who don't pass the test
Eliminates the financial check on security clearances
Uses an unsecured email server for official business, oh wait that wasn't him, that was Ivanka, no problem
I’d also classify it as stupid speech. So what does it say to you, that a CNN anchor asked the FBI if the feds should have “shut down” the ability of people to say stupid things? that’s not totalitarian?
Old 04-03-2019, 10:22 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I’d also classify it as stupid speech. So what does it say to you, that a CNN anchor asked the FBI if the feds should have “shut down” the ability of people to say stupid things? that’s not totalitarian?
Sometimes the media asks questions that they personally know the answer to educate the uninformed, what was Comey's answer?

Fortunately, the media in this country can still ask any question they want.

No matter how much Trump doesn't like it.

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing New York Times, NBC News, ABC, CBS, CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"

Here's what Trump said to Chris Wallace, who asked hard questions and unlike the shadow president hasn't gotten another interview:
"What a stupid question that is. What a stupid question. But I watch you a lot. You ask a lot of stupid questions."
Notice he didn't answer the question and implied that anyone who questioned him was stupid.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2019, 10:30 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sometimes the media asks questions that they personally know the answer to educate the uninformed, what was Comey's answer?

Fortunately, the media in this country can still ask any question they want.

No matter how much Trump doesn't like it.

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing New York Times, NBC News, ABC, CBS, CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"

Here's what Trump said to Chris Wallace, who asked hard questions and unlike the shadow president hasn't gotten another interview:
"What a stupid question that is. What a stupid question. But I watch you a lot. You ask a lot of stupid questions."
Notice he didn't answer the question and implied that anyone who questioned him was stupid.
i
never said she doesn’t have the right to ask the question. you’re hearing those voices again.

you’d also say it’s just a coincidence that the asked
about criminalizing criticism of Hilary, not if Trump. Right?
Old 04-03-2019, 10:31 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Pete, i see a pattern with you. With Trump, when there’s smoke, you are convinced there’s fire. with democrats, when there’s smoke, there’s no fire.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-03-2019 at 10:38 AM..
Old 04-03-2019, 11:16 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i
never said she doesn’t have the right to ask the question. Then what's your point? Or are you just feeling victimized again.you’re hearing those voices again.

you’d also say it’s just a coincidence that the asked
about criminalizing criticism of Hilary, not if Trump. Right?
Have you seen Democrats as their standard speech lead unison cheers for Trumps downfall or anyone's?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2019, 11:18 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete, i see a pattern with you. With Trump, when there’s smoke, you are convinced there’s fire. with democrats, when there’s smoke, there’s no fire.
Quantity counts

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2019, 11:23 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Have you seen Democrats as their standard speech lead unison cheers for Trumps downfall or anyone's?
no, but i’ve seen many, many democrats give speeches that included lnguage hateful
to trump.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:46 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
no, but i’ve seen many, many democrats give speeches that included lnguage hateful
to trump.
Let's see, who gave anti trump speeches, certainly anybody who is critical of Trump hates him.

1. Republican George w. Bush
2. Obama gave a speech and never said Trump's name, so much whining about the speech that the next time he said Trump' name
3. Celebrity Spike Lee gave a speech and never said Trump's name, that really set Trump off. Apparently it is racist to not mention Trump.
4. Republican Mitt Romney
5. Celebrity Matt Damon
6. Republican Ben Sasse
7. Celebrity Meryl Streep
8. Republican John Boehner
9. Celebrity Anne Coulter
10. Republican Mia Love
21. Khizr Khan
22. Republican Jeff Flake

I used the Trump counting method and threw in an extra 10

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2019, 01:18 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Let's see, who gave anti trump speeches, certainly anybody who is critical of Trump hates him.

1. Republican George w. Bush
2. Obama gave a speech and never said Trump's name, so much whining about the speech that the next time he said Trump' name
3. Celebrity Spike Lee gave a speech and never said Trump's name, that really set Trump off. Apparently it is racist to not mention Trump.
4. Republican Mitt Romney
5. Celebrity Matt Damon
6. Republican Ben Sasse
7. Celebrity Meryl Streep
8. Republican John Boehner
9. Celebrity Anne Coulter
10. Republican Mia Love
21. Khizr Khan
22. Republican Jeff Flake

I used the Trump counting method and threw in an extra 10
you missed the point, or
more likely, danced around it because it didn’t serve your agenda. stupid speech is stupid. Hate speech is hateful. Neither of those things, is under the jurisdiction of the FBi to shut down.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:47 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you missed the point, or
more likely, danced around it because it didn’t serve your agenda. stupid speech is stupid. Hate speech is hateful. Neither of those things, is under the jurisdiction of the FBi to shut down.
Perhaps you missed Comey's answer in your article, you could take it to heart.

“That’s not a role for government to play," Comey replied. "The beauty of this country is people can say what they want, even if it’s misleading and it’s demagoguery."

He continued: “The people (who) should have shut it down were Republicans who understand the rule of law and the values that they claim to stand for. Shame on them, but it wasn’t a role for government to play.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2019, 01:56 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Perhaps you missed Comey's answer in your article, you could take it to heart.

“That’s not a role for government to play," Comey replied. "The beauty of this country is people can say what they want, even if it’s misleading and it’s demagoguery."

He continued: “The people (who) should have shut it down were Republicans who understand the rule of law and the values that they claim to stand for. Shame on them, but it wasn’t a role for government to play.”
try reading the title of the thread, or what i wrote. I agree, Comey gave the correct answer. What bothered me, and what should concern all of us, is that a CNN anchor could
ever think it’s constitutional for the FBI to shut down speech critical of the media’s preferred candidate.

you need to read more slowly, and try to respond to what I’m actually saying. I was not criticizing Comey,
I was criticizing the media. They are nothing more than the PR wing if the DNC. That’s not why they have special and vital constitutional protections.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:10 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
try reading the title of the thread, or what i wrote. I agree, Comey gave the correct answer. What bothered me, and what should concern all of us, is that a CNN anchor could
ever think it’s constitutional for the FBI to shut down speech critical of the media’s preferred candidate.

you need to read more slowly, and try to respond to what I’m actually saying. I was not criticizing Comey,
I was criticizing the media. They are nothing more than the PR wing if the DNC. That’s not why they have special and vital constitutional protections.
Faux continually leads you into the role of victim and you enjoy it greatly.
I have heard people say "how can they let them do that" regarding Trump rallies, she asked the question to Comey, so the people with that question understood that they have that right.
That doesn't make her the pawn of the DNC by having an expert point out that Trumplicans have the right to act like that and that's why I pointed out to you the things I did.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2019, 02:19 PM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
Scary try watching a Trump rally...

But all you'll see is real American values
Old 04-03-2019, 02:31 PM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
Scary try watching a Trump rally...

But all you'll see is real American values
Say it ain't so! A tough combat veteran like you is afraid of a Trump rally?
Old 04-03-2019, 03:27 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

Sorry, wrong one, that guy at least has normal fingers
This one with the little fingers waves them around more than that Beto fellow. You would think someone with such tiny hands would hide them.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2019, 03:29 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
I have heard people say "how can they let them do that" regarding Trump rallies, she asked the question to Comey, so the people with that question understood that they have that right.
That doesn't make her the pawn of the DNC by having an expert point out that Trumplicans have the right to act like that and that's why I pointed out to you the things I did.
so you don’t believe that the media, aside from fox, leans significantly left? younrwally disagree withh that?

i’m not crying victim, i have no reason to, the gop is in solid shape at the moment.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:51 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
so you don’t believe that the media, aside from fox, leans significantly left? younrwally disagree withh that?

i’m not crying victim, i have no reason to, the gop is in solid shape at the moment.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:10 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

If you have liberal views, you can't ask questions?

And I suppose you think Faux presents a balanced viewpoint, with shadow President Hannity on air each night, and a "Judge" proclaiming her viewpoint daily, very closely aligned with Trump.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2019, 04:32 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:

This scares you? Even with the tactical editing, its funny. A lot more entertaining than a politically correct HRC speech.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:33 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
If you have liberal views, you can't ask questions?

And I suppose you think Faux presents a balanced viewpoint, with shadow President Hannity on air each night, and a "Judge" proclaiming her viewpoint daily, very closely aligned with Trump.
have you noticed how often, you find yourself unable to
answer a simple question? o asked
if you felt the media
leans left, you couldn’t answer.

yes pete, liberals can ask questions. but they don’t need to be so biased. when i was young, you could watch the news, and have no idea whether the news person was a democrat or a republican. now they are all liberal
activists.

anyway, you aske
me a question, i answer it. i can do that, because i think about things before i decide my opinion, i don’t obey orders given to me by someone else.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:21 PM   #27
Jim in CT

I believe the anchor, Armanpour, is from Iran? If this is the kind of government she wants, she can go back there, she'll fit right in.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:23 AM   #28
spence

Quote:
I believe the anchor, Armanpour, is from Iran? If this is the kind of government she wants, she can go back there, she'll fit right in.
Not your best work here Jim
Old 04-04-2019, 06:45 AM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
not afraid just a combat vet and american disappointed with what some Americans think America should be .. I can tell difference between a mob .. masquerading as what you feel is a normal political rally PS are you Q
Old 04-04-2019, 06:58 AM   #30
wdmso

Quote:
Seem you'll fit right in at a trump rally ..

Slurs against her back ground and where she is from ... only proven to be lies shocking

Christiane Amanpour
Journalist

Education: The University of Rhode Island (1983), New Hall School, Holy Cross Convent School

Nationality: American, British, Iranian

born January 12, 1958, London, England

she went to the exclusive New Hall School, the oldest Roman Catholic girls’ school in the United Kingdom.