Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-14-2018, 08:54 AM   #61
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Haiti might not be the best place to visit, but the people who reported after the tragic quake said they were amazed with the character and strength of the people.

Enjoy your bed tonight.
Jeff, you telling me to enjoy my bed is just plain creepy. You are a sick #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&. FYI, my uber driver in Miami was Haitian,great guy but I really couldn't understand him. He was a happy sort nonetheless.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #62
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
When I used to give blood, they would ask if I had ever been to Haiti. If I answered yes, the Red Cross didn’t want my blood. If that’s not a sh*thole, is really hate to see what is.

Isn’t it true in Califoria they are fighting for the rights of people with AIDS to donate blood because they are being “discriminated”
Red Cross must be a bunch a racist !
Old 01-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Haiti might not be the best place to visit, but the people who reported after the tragic quake said they were amazed with the character and strength of the people.

Enjoy your bed tonight.
Trump never said or implied that Haitian people were of poor character. He was being critical of the government. The people who run that country deserve to be lined up against a wall. Apunten...fuego!
Old 01-14-2018, 10:35 AM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
WOW! I am sorry I had no idea of the extent of your mental illness. ...
It's called liberalism. A tragic affliction that I wouldn't wish on anyone.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:36 AM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Isn’t it true in Califoria they are fighting for the rights of people with AIDS to donate blood because they are being “discriminated”
When it's safer to let patients risk bleeding to death, than it is to give them my blood if I visited Haiti, that means it's a sh*thole.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:39 AM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
Haiti might not be the best place to visit, .
Yeah, that's not intentionally watered-down or anything. Spence, if Obama said Haiti was the nicest place on Earth, would you reflexively sell your house and move there? Is party politics literally all that matters to you? You can't just say "Haiti is a horrible Godforsaken place", just because Trump said the same thing? He can't be correct if he said Haiti s*cks? You can't give him that? You're that close-minded?
Old 01-14-2018, 10:50 AM   #67
Sea Dangles

Say what you want,the country shares the same soil and water as a vacation destination. One small difference is Haiti remains a crap hole and the other half is civilized enough to understand tourism. Don't blame the people,blame the government.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:36 AM   #68
wdmso

Quote:
WOW! I am sorry I had no idea of the extent of your mental illness. If I offended you in any way please tell your Mommy that I am sorry that she raised a very "special" little boy/girl....

You didnt read a word I said or put even an ounce of thought into your reply, it's just utter nonsense...
your very clear on you stance .. and how you feel about immigrants.. the only mental illness is your reasoning when it comes to immigration and how it works...

Even with all these immigrants from these #^&#^&#^&#^& hole country's and all the bad they bring (according to republicans) unemployment is at an all time low the markets up ... and republicans still want to blame immigration and keep the Base happy ( they are all still here and the sky hasn't fallen)
Old 01-14-2018, 11:58 AM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
your very clear on you stance .. and how you feel about immigrants.. the only mental illness is your reasoning when it comes to immigration and how it works...

Even with all these immigrants from these #^&#^&#^&#^& hole country's and all the bad they bring (according to republicans) unemployment is at an all time low the markets up ... and republicans still want to blame immigration and keep the Base happy all still here and the sky hasn't fallen)
One thing that I sincerely admire about liberals, is that they want those at the bottom to get ahead. Liberals like to bemoan that those at the bottom, don't see rising wages. Part of the reason why, is that between legel/illegal immigration, we have millions of penniless, unskilled workers, willing to work for next to nothing.

WDMSO, when you increase the supply of something, do you know what happens to the value of that something? It decreases. It is beyond dispute, that immigration has limited the ability of poor Americans to earn more.

That is a fact. And it's worth considering, when detailing immigration policy. We can't act like there's no downside.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:14 PM   #70
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Jeff, you telling me to enjoy my bed is just plain creepy. You are a sick #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&. FYI, my uber driver in Miami was Haitian,great guy but I really couldn't understand him. He was a happy sort nonetheless.
Hahahahahaha...#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&. Classy there.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:15 PM   #71
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Ummmm...no.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:17 PM   #72
spence

Quote:
It is beyond dispute, that immigration has limited the ability of poor Americans to earn more.
This is up there with the most absurd things ever said in this forum.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:21 PM   #73
wdmso

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/13/57780...storical-prece

Interesting read
Old 01-14-2018, 12:29 PM   #74
wdmso

Quote:
One thing that I sincerely admire about liberals, is that they want those at the bottom to get ahead. Liberals like to bemoan that those at the bottom, don't see rising wages. Part of the reason why, is that between legel/illegal immigration, we have millions of penniless, unskilled workers, willing to work for next to nothing.

WDMSO, when you increase the supply of something, do you know what happens to the value of that something? It decreases. It is beyond dispute, that immigration has limited the ability of poor Americans to earn more.

That is a fact. And it's worth considering, when detailing immigration policy. We can't act like there's no downside.
Immigration arguments like yours is like saying don't pee in the ocean it will turn it yellow ...
Immigration has no effect on poor American to earn more . But keep thinking that's why poor Americans are poor .... because of immigrants .. you nailed it
Old 01-14-2018, 12:30 PM   #75
PaulS

This would be a good time to hear again how minorities vote overwhelmingly for Democrats because of welfare and not because of what Republican say and think about them.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #76
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
When I used to give blood, they would ask if I had ever been to Haiti. If I answered yes, the Red Cross didn’t want my blood. If that’s not a sh*thole, is really hate to see what is.

Funny - the bride and I lived in Germany for three years and we are not allowed to give blood either.

Lots of places have sh1tholes, some totally are sh!tholes, still not proper for the Pres to declare it the way he did. And minor surprise for people jumping on his sheit about it.. Don't let a good opportunity go to waste.

Simply there are good and bad people in all places, good or sheithole.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 01-14-2018, 01:07 PM   #77
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Funny - the bride and I lived in Germany for three years and we are not allowed to give blood either.

Lots of places have sh1tholes, some totally are sh!tholes, still not proper for the Pres to declare it the way he did. And minor surprise for people jumping on his sheit about it.. Don't let a good opportunity go to waste.

Simply there are good and bad people in all places, good or sheithole.
Still not proper for the Pres to declare it the way he did
that's all ways been the issue . Another example he creates his own issues with the press like this guy

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-eur...he-netherlands
Old 01-14-2018, 01:13 PM   #78
Jim in CT

No it’s not proper.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:16 PM   #79
Sea Dangles

A rose by any other name is still a rose
Old 01-14-2018, 01:17 PM   #80
Jim in CT

Quote:
Immigration arguments like yours is like saying don't pee in the ocean it will turn it yellow ...
Immigration has no effect on poor American to earn more . But keep thinking that's why poor Americans are poor .... because of immigrants .. you nailed it
Once again, a liberal responds to something I never even came close to saying. I didn’t say immigration causes poverty. But it doesn’t help. Maybe if you worked in the private sector for three seconds, or if you ever bothered to learn about economics, you’d understand. If you have a poor American making 10/hr, and you have a lot of immigrants willing to work for less, it makes it harder for him to get more. Not everyone is in a union where you get raises automatically, most of us have to command raises. It’s harder to do that with unskilled immigrants.

No sane person denies that. You deny it because you don’t happen to like it. Supply and demand exists whether your Bolshevik view likes it or not. I don’t like it either. But I know it exists.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:02 PM   #81
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Lots of places have sh1tholes, some totally are sh!tholes, still not proper for the Pres to declare it the way he did.
I'm not sure how saying this in a closed meeting with a handful of Senators is the same as "declaring" something to the world. I am sure every president we have ever had has said something similar to this, but it never made the news, but, since Trump has a CNN news crew living in his colon, every single time he passes gas, it makes the news.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:48 PM   #82
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Ummmm...no.

I guess Howie Carr must be part of fake news.
It was a topic on his radio show a few weeks back.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:41 PM   #83
Jim in CT

Quote:
This is up there with the most absurd things ever said in this forum.
OK, comrade, tell me what's wrong with this logic.

There are Americans with very low skills.

Most of them make low wages.

We would like them to be able to command higher wages.

When we bring in millions of unskilled immigrants, that's more competition, for the same number of low-skill jobs. When you increase supply of something without a proportional increase in demand for that something, the price for that something (in this case, the wages of low-skill workers) will decrease.

Furthermore, the illegals among the unskilled laborers, are willing to work for less than minimum wage. This drives down the market value of unskilled labor. Which , obviously, makes it harder for unskilled workers to command a higher wage in the free market. If there were fewer unskilled workers, those that remain, could demand a higher wage. Because of decreased supply.

Supply and demand, Spence...supply and demand. You never read page one of a college economics or finance text?

Instead of just saying "that's absurd", enlighten me. Educate me. Tell me where my logic is flawed.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:43 PM   #84
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Hahahahahaha...#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&. Classy there.
Foot, meet shoe.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-14-2018, 07:54 PM   #85
Cool Beans

Quote:
OK, comrade, tell me what's wrong with this logic.

There are Americans with very low skills.

Most of them make low wages.

We would like them to be able to command higher wages.

When we bring in millions of unskilled immigrants, that's more competition, for the same number of low-skill jobs. When you increase supply of something without a proportional increase in demand for that something, the price for that something (in this case, the wages of low-skill workers) will decrease.

Furthermore, the illegals among the unskilled laborers, are willing to work for less than minimum wage. This drives down the market value of unskilled labor. Which , obviously, makes it harder for unskilled workers to command a higher wage in the free market. If there were fewer unskilled workers, those that remain, could demand a higher wage. Because of decreased supply.

Supply and demand, Spence...supply and demand. You never read page one of a college economics or finance text?

Instead of just saying "that's absurd", enlighten me. Educate me. Tell me where my logic is flawed.
Be careful, you're making sense and some lefty is going to pop up and call you an arrogant racist... LOL

Last edited by Cool Beans; 01-14-2018 at 08:01 PM..
Old 01-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #86
Nebe

Quote:
Be careful, you're making sense and some lefty is going to pop up and call you an arrogant racist... LOL
He’s not arrogant.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
Immigration has no effect on poor American to earn more .
You are saying that when there is an influx of a cheap supply of something (in this case, unskilled labor), that doesn't suppress the price of that something.

If you made $10 /hour cleaning toilets, and you went to your boss asking for a raise. And your boss knows there are immigrants willing to clean his toilets for less. Does that not reduce your chances of getting a raise?
Old 01-14-2018, 08:04 PM   #88
Jim in CT

Quote:
That's when I know that I've won the debate.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:05 PM   #89
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
He’s not arrogant.
You're right, but I'm WAY more arrogant than I am racist...
Old 01-14-2018, 08:22 PM   #90
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
This would be a good time to hear again how minorities vote overwhelmingly for Democrats because of welfare and not because of what Republican say and think about them.
What did George Bush, John McCain, and Mitt Romney say that was mean about minorities? They said derogatory things about minorities, and that's why they didn't do well with minorities? That's an interesting take on history.