Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-03-2016, 09:05 AM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
How ironic......neither does Hillary.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I thought we were going to start using Madame President from this point on?
Old 05-03-2016, 10:58 AM   #2
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Doesn't surprise me at all Bill would marry a madame.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Let me guess.....you're going to put on that little white number and sing to her...

"Happy Birth...day Madame Pres...I...dent"

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-03-2016, 07:52 PM   #4
buckman

Quote:
President Trump !
Old 05-04-2016, 07:24 AM   #5
Nebe

Quote:
What are you going to do when Bernie wins? She just lost Indiana. California is the most liberal state in the country Jeff. Hillary is more republican leaning than trump! Bernie will win California by a land slide and win a contested convention. Just my opinion of course and I could be wrong. As a reference, don't forget that Obama was further behind than Bernie is at this point and we all know he came from behind at the end. I don't assume history to repeat itself, but if it happened once it can happen again.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:37 AM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
What are you going to do when Bernie wins? She just lost Indiana. California is the most liberal state in the country Jeff. Hillary is more republican leaning than trump! Bernie will win California by a land slide and win a contested convention. Just my opinion of course and I could be wrong. As a reference, don't forget that Obama was further behind than Bernie is at this point and we all know he came from behind at the end. I don't assume history to repeat itself, but if it happened once it can happen again.
Bernie isn't going to win. Clinton is up by 10 points in CA and it's not a winner take all state. There is no chance of a landslide, the worst case for Clinton is it's a wash...

At this point in 2008 the media was already calling Obama the winner and the super delegate differential was never even close to being as big.

Time to jump on the Clinton train because your other choice is Trump. I think we're going to start seeing the high profile GOP defections start soon...
Old 05-04-2016, 09:12 AM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Time to jump on the Clinton train because your other choice is Trump.
You do know there are other candidates on the ballot that aren't R or D...

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-04-2016, 12:14 PM   #8
buckman

Quote:

Time to jump on the Clinton train because your other choice is Trump. I think we're going to start seeing the high profile GOP defections start soon...
Don't be surprised if the Democrats turn on Clinton and she gets indicted so that they can put a candidate up that might win . She can barely beat Berney ...she has zero chance against Trump

The last thing we need is crooked Hillary appointing Supreme Court justices .

The reason Bernie voters will flock to Trump, is because America hates politicians . That is Obama's legacy
Old 05-04-2016, 12:56 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Don't be surprised if the Democrats turn on Clinton and she gets indicted so that they can put a candidate up that might win . She can barely beat Berney ...she has zero chance against Trump
Funny, with all the negativity she's still polling 10 points above him, but she has zero chance.

Wait until the debates, she's going to make him look like the fool he is.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:18 PM   #10
buckman

Quote:
Funny, with all the negativity she's still polling 10 points above him, but she has zero chance.

Your selectively picking polls, She is not ahead . Does your wife know about your fantasies?
Old 05-04-2016, 02:17 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Your selectively picking polls, She is not ahead . Does your wife know about your fantasies?
You're right, new CNN poll has her up by 13 now.

Wife, loves Clinton. Have not discussed Sea Dangles curiosity with her. I'm a bit concerned she won't be able to get past his name.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:

She is way up in just about every poll. I don't think he has a prayer.

"Wait until the debates, she's going to make him look like the fool he is"

I wouldn't be so sure of that. It is irrefutable that she can (and should) pound him on what he said about John McCain and Carly Fiorina. However, one of the very few things i like about Trump, is that unlike other recent GOP candidates, he won't let her spew dishonest bile (which she is doing 75% of the time when she is speaking). McCain and Romney let Obama say whever he wanted, and they did not strike back, for fear of being called racist.

Trump has zero concerns about these things. If she takes off the gloves, he will follow suit, and will also happily put on brass knuckles. For example, she touts herself as a feminist. When she did that, Trump said something like "some feminist! You attacked your husband's victims, you said they were just out for celebrity. Then you stuck by him. What the hell kind of feminist does that?" And boy howdy, did that shut her up. She is one of the very few people on this planet, who probably has more baggage, fewer ethics and less sincerity than he does. That fact that many people (certainly including you) refuse to hold that baggage against her, doesn't mean that baggage isn't there. And he will gleefully club her like a baby seal with it. It likely won't be nearly enough to save him.

Unless she gets indicted (unlikely but possible, and God help you if it happens), it's going to be, as he would say, a yuge victory for her. Believe me, a yuge victory. Believe me. Yuge.

He's a self-congratulatory, crass, moronic simpleton. A horse's ass.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:14 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I wouldn't be so sure of that. It is irrefutable that she can (and should) pound him on what he said about John McCain and Carly Fiorina. However, one of the very few things i like about Trump, is that unlike other recent GOP candidates, he won't let her spew dishonest bile (which she is doing 75% of the time when she is speaking). McCain and Romney let Obama say whever he wanted, and they did not strike back, for fear of being called racist.
I don't think she'll need to go there. The moderators will bring it up for her and there is going to be a mountain of private money spent on ads that will just let Trump's own words speak for themselves.

Quote:
She is one of the very few people on this planet, who probably has more baggage, fewer ethics and less sincerity than he does. That fact that many people (certainly including you) refuse to hold that baggage against her, doesn't mean that baggage isn't there. And he will gleefully club her like a baby seal with it. It likely won't be nearly enough to save him.
Clinton also has a massive resume of working for issues she believes in. I think a lot of your baggage is manufactured, especially your ethics and sincerity. The reality is almost nobody on the planet has had the well funded opposition for decades trying to tear her down...and yet she's leading the race. That should say something.

Quote:
Unless she gets indicted (unlikely but possible, and God help you if it happens), it's going to be, as he would say, a yuge victory for her. Believe me, a yuge victory. Believe me. Yuge.
I think if there was any chance the DNC would have promoted an alternative to Sanders. They have known for quite some time what the real situation is and what the risks are. I don't think it's a gamble, they simply don't think there was any significant wrong doing and no evidence has been revealed that contradicts this. Obama can't cover anything up...

Quote:
He's a self-congratulatory, crass, moronic simpleton. A horse's ass.
Agree and then some. So are you going to vote for Gary Johnson?