Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Old 01-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #31
basswipe

basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:49 PM   #32
Brian L

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
Time to bring Maiden up top again.

Man is this some good muzik!!!!

NICE! I was scrolling down the thread thinking.. "Maiden! Seventh Son!" LOL! I played this album to death in High School and it still gets into the regular rotation. Comcast has a full length Maiden concert video right now. Brazil from a couple of years ago, I think.

Steve Harris is a monster!
Brian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:44 AM   #33
NIB

Thats me on the left.In my friends Basement..
They Added my name to the credits of South Of Heaven.

FORE!
It's usually darkest just before it turns Black..
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:49 AM   #34
NIB

FORE!
Old 01-04-2009, 07:31 AM   #35
redneck24
WTF

nice!

diamondbanger
redneck24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:04 AM   #36
5 String Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post

Thats me on the left.In my friends Basement..
They Added my name to the credits of South Of Heaven.
That's cool as sh#t, NIB. I've seen Slayer in small venues, but not a basement

I saw you had Hangar 18 posted, but I had to add more Megadeth. My favorite thrash band.

I like these guys a lot for newer metal

5 String Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #37
NIB

Here is One of my friends, Dave Mustane and I..Prior to Dave being kicked out of the band..In my house in 1980 or 81 I'm not sure..
On Dave's shirt it says Metal Up ur Ass.It was the Name of the demo tape that was to be part of their first album.It's what brought em out east from the west coast.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00530.JPG
Views:	584
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	30849  

FORE!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #38
NIB

Mustane was a out of control drunk.While they had planned on booting him prior to coming out east.They had a few shows lined up they where dissaster.Between equipment or electrical problems and Mustane just out of control. It was not to be an they %$%$%$%$ canned him..We convinced a few local bar owners to let em play.They already had Hammet lined up.While it went off well.None of us liked Hammet he was a girly boy or worse a poser....
They played Ride The Lightning for 9 of us in my friends Basement to get our opinion.The same basement from the other pic.I remember none of us liked it at first and we told em so..We where wrong of course.Our dislike was due to our allegiance to Mustane.
Ride the Lightning turned out to be one of my favorite albums as was Kill em All.It was all Mustanes music.

FORE!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:04 PM   #39
redneck24
WTF

hey nib, how did you hook up with these guys?

diamondbanger
Old 01-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #40
fishbones

Quote:
Mustane was a out of control drunk.While they had planned on booting him prior to coming out east.They had a few shows lined up they where dissaster.Between equipment or electrical problems and Mustane just out of control. It was not to be an they %$%$%$%$ canned him..We convinced a few local bar owners to let em play.They already had Hammet lined up.While it went off well.None of us liked Hammet he was a girly boy or worse a poser....
They played Ride The Lightning for 9 of us in my friends Basement to get our opinion.The same basement from the other pic.I remember none of us liked it at first and we told em so..We where wrong of course.Our dislike was due to our allegiance to Mustane.
Ride the Lightning turned out to be one of my favorite albums as was Kill em All.It was all Mustanes music.

That's some cool stuff, NIB. Metallica was one of the bands that got me started listening to metal. And I remember rushing out to buy Killing is My Business.....as soon as it made it into my local record store. Thanks for bringing back some memories from my high school days.

I also heard that Mustaine had to find his way back to California with no money after they kicked him out of the band. Any truth to that?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #41
NIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck24 View Post
hey nib, how did you hook up with these guys?

I'm a legend..

FORE!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #42
Slipknot
Super Moderator

here ya go NIB

early days

I bet you fit right in with these nuts
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #43
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Ha
look at this one I found

I never listened to this slipKnot band ever in my life
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #44
shadow

love the old stuff like cryptic slaughter,crumbsuckers,cro-mags,and old metallica, NIB thats some cool s#$# must of been good times.There is so much metal out right now it's crazy,some of it is amazing and so much of it sucks.I like stoner rock too bands like the melvins and high on fire are good.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #45
5 String Bass

Quote:
Here is One of my friends, Dave Mustane and I..Prior to Dave being kicked out of the band..In my house in 1980 or 81 I'm not sure..
On Dave's shirt it says Metal Up ur Ass.It was the Name of the demo tape that was to be part of their first album.It's what brought em out east from the west coast.
I wonder if he still has that shirt? lol
I remember it was rumoured that he would call out megadeth fans for wearing metallica shirts @megadeth shows.. I did just that and high fived dave and chris poland at the end of a peace sells show. I always thought that the drama between metallica and megas was good for business.

Quote:
Dave rules.

Quote:
I'm a legend..
You're a Metal God! I'm jealous, dude. That must have been pretty fricken cool to have hung out with those bands at the beginning of their careers. That's like hanging out with Geezer and Tony in 68... heheheh
Old 01-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #46
5 String Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
love the old stuff like cryptic slaughter,crumbsuckers,cro-mags,and old metallica, NIB thats some cool s#$# must of been good times.There is so much metal out right now it's crazy,some of it is amazing and so much of it sucks.I like stoner rock too bands like the melvins and high on fire are good.
Although not nearly as cool as NIB's Metallica story, I have a little Cro-mags one you can appreciate if you remember those guys (not sure if they are still around). Me and a buddy went to see the mags at our local hole club "the living room" (the old one with the bubble window) I think we were 15 or 16 then and getting backstage was nothing really. It was just a little room with a cooler. Well, we had gotten pretty sh*tfaced before and through the show and when it was over, the band was doing something on stage (I think they were filming something) and most folks were getting kicked out. Me and my bud decided it would be a fantastic idea to go into the backstage room and take the Cro-mags beer from the cooler. We start grabbing them and sorta wrapping them in the stomachs of our shirts (real hidden, yeah). Those guys were really healthy dudes and the beer consisted of LA ( low alcohol) and non alcoholic cans of beer, but we didnt care. We just wanted more beer. So there we are walking out of the room we were not supposed to be in and there on his way in is a Cro-mag! It was the drummer, not the tattooed-Swatzanegger-like bass player, thankfully, cuz I mighta pissed myself otherwise. But the guy who had caught us was pretty big, ripped and most definitely sober. For a moment, I envisioned the mags beating us to bloody pulps in the alley next to the club... and I was pleasantly surprised when he merely explained to us that they had to pay for the beer and it would be really uncool to take it. He explained this with a level of calm that still surprises me to this day... Anyway, we obviously apologized for being alcoholic as$h0les and carefully put them back in the cooler and quietly left the building. Those guys were cool as hell, I tell you. cool as hell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cromag.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	30875  
Old 01-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #47
basswipe

Old 01-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #48
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Not really sure this guy falls into metal but if he wanted he could do it. He is a chameleon and can do any style and I really like how he blends them together. Greg Howe

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:49 PM   #49
basswipe

This is truly a good one.IM at their very best.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #50
Surfcaster2884

Here's something a little different for anyone that's interested.

"That large bass rise in the dim light of the false dawn, and take my steel-lipped swimmer. It will thrash, pull like mad and throw water all over the place before it dives for refuge.
This is why I am a surfcaster." - D.J. Muller
Surfcaster2884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #51
basswipe

This is a great live performance of a Maiden tune I love.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:18 PM   #52
5 String Bass

The originals.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #53
new jack

cro-mags are playing a reunion show in may.

what about faith no more. mike patton is the man

work hard, fish hard and die happy!
new jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #54
basswipe

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?...articleid=1064

Can and will be there!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #55
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I ran into Bruce #^&#^&#^&#^&inson one afternoon outside of Toads Place in New Haven. I was pretty psyched to meet him, but he was sort of a douche and blew me and my buddy off.
We used to hang out in an abdonned parking lot on weekends , partying and listening to Metalzone on WPLR. Merciful Fate, King D, Metallica, Maiden. Those were some of the best times of my life.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #56
redneck24
WTF

[QUOTE=RIJIMMY;663805]I ran into Bruce #^&#^&#^&#^&inson one afternoon outside of Toads Place in New Haven. I was pretty psyched to meet him, but he was sort of a douche and blew me and my buddy off.
We used to hang out in an abdonned parking lot on weekends , partying and listening to Metalzone on WPLR. Merciful Fate, King D, Metallica, Maiden. Those were some of the best times of my life.[/QUOTE

KING DIAMOND!

diamondbanger
Old 02-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #57
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

i was just being lazy

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #58
redneck24
WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
i was just being lazy

not busting your balls about the d, just happy you mentioned him. i think the all caps thing gave you the wrong impression.

diamondbanger
Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 PM   #59
redneck24
WTF

diamondbanger
Old 02-13-2009, 12:36 AM   #60
NIB

A few of my friends got a old goat skull or some kinda skull and dried it out.We went backsatge at L'Amours in Brooklyn and they gave it to King Diamond prior to the show... He was so psyched.He was one of the only guys that scared me.He was the real deal I have met many bands this guy was off the charts..I would have to say KD and Kronos from Venom where the sickest I have met.One night Venom was in town they stayed at my friends house.We where sitting around the table drinking and doing crazy stuff.One of my friends eats a beer glass.Kronos not to be out done eats a shot glass.Thats the gods honest truth..
Kronos was a little guy,He would chew up and spit out James Hetfield..
I like the original version of phantom of the opera with Pal D'anno much better.Bruce D is a whinney fairy..The first 2 albums are right up there on my fav's list..
I was thrown out of a cromag's show at the Beacon theater three times in one night.We never payed any attention to where our seats where and pretty much just went tot he front.
Well they didn't like that game at the Beacon Theater.We got into a huge fight after the last time and escaped out of there before the coppers grabbed us.. When I think about the crazy stuff I did as a youth.It's amzing I'm still alive..One night outside the Roseland Ballroom some guy sold us a bad beat. So I was in the middle of teaching him a lesson.After four or five good knocks to the head region.I realize this guy must be used to this.So I start ramming him back and forth from the building across the sidewalk into a parked car.I did this a few times.I still don't think he's getting th message..I noticed one of them heavy metal grate garbage cans. I hoisted it over head and was about to bring down the pain when it was cracked With a nightstick from a NYC policeman.
He gave me a some stern advice and we got out of there.
NIB was not a good person in those days..
Karl, when that comes on I always crank it up..

FORE!