Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2018, 07:53 AM   #121
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Senator Horino said today, that because of the way Kavanaugh decides cases, she doesn't think that presumption of innocence applies to him. Nice to hear a totalitarian admit it that the protections provided by our justice system, do not apply to everyone equally in her mind. This is a US Senator.
Are you making things up again?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:44 AM   #122
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,344
She said on CNN that his credibility in this accusation is "very questionable", specifically because of the way that he has decides cases, and she specified women's reproductive rights. As if Kavanaugh is opposed to reproductive rights in any general kind of sense, but liberals don't like to use the word "abortion", even though that's all this is.

Unless he decides cases by forcing himself on unwilling women, how can his judicial record have any bearing in this accusation? Go ahead and explain that, please?

Now he's a serial rapist according to the 3rd accuser, and yet six FBI investigations failed to uncover any of this. Fascinating.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #123
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
She said on CNN that his credibility in this accusation is "very questionable", specifically because of the way that he has decides cases, and she specified women's reproductive rights. As if Kavanaugh is opposed to reproductive rights in any general kind of sense, but liberals don't like to use the word "abortion", even though that's all this is.

Unless he decides cases by forcing himself on unwilling women, how can his judicial record have any bearing in this accusation? Go ahead and explain that, please?

Now he's a serial rapist according to the 3rd accuser, and yet six FBI investigations failed to uncover any of this. Fascinating.
I believe she questioned his application of the facts in cases she's very familiar with and questions his credibility because of that. This makes her an "enemy of the people?" That's some standard.

As for the background check, we've covered that before.

Put a fork in him Jim.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #124
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I believe she questioned his application of the facts in cases she's very familiar with and questions his credibility because of that. This makes her an "enemy of the people?" That's some standard.

As for the background check, we've covered that before.

Put a fork in him Jim.
I believe she questioned his application of the facts in cases she's very familiar with and questions his credibility because of that. is above reproach because she' has a 'D' after her name. Fixed it for you.

I would advise a ten day FBI investigation, and if it turns up zip, that's the end of it. I don't think they will withdraw his nomination based on allegations that are not only unsubstantiated, but explicitly denied by the witnesses named by the accuser. Spence, how many times does Ford have to say "this person was there", and have that person flatly deny that, before even you start scratching your head? Is that remotely possible? Or is all that matters to you, the politics? Does justice ever factor into your thinking? Because if there's any actual evidence, I'd scream for his nomination to be withdrawn.

And if Trump ever nominates another judge, I hope he picks Mrs Barrett, the one who Feinstein said "the dogma is loud in you". Let your side dig up dirt that she's a slut.

Trump isn't Bush. I wouldn't count on him withdrawing the nomination without something more than allegations. For all his many faults, one thing I admire about him, is that he cares about not cowering to the mob. He could not care less what they think. There's no pressuring this guy with these tactics.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:08 AM   #125
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, how many times does Ford have to say "this person was there", and have that person flatly deny that, before even you start scratching your head? Is that remotely possible? Or is all that matters to you, the politics? Does justice ever factor into your thinking? Because if there's any actual evidence, I'd scream for his nomination to be withdrawn.
I think Judge is the only witness who denies he was there. The others just don't recall, and I believe most of them support Ford. I don't think I could recall most of the parties I was at in high school or college unless something noteworthy happened.

This isn't a matter of justice, it's a very big job interview.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:28 AM   #126
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,696
these are the weakest allegations of sexual assault in the history of allegations of sexual assault

"In the course of calling former classmates to corroborate her claim that Brett Kavanaugh drunkenly exposed himself to her at a dorm party, Deborah Ramirez told a number of them that she wasn’t entirely sure that Kavanaugh was responsible, the New York Times reported Sunday.

“The Times had interviewed several dozen people over the past week in an attempt to corroborate her story, and could find no one with firsthand knowledge,” the Times reported. “Ms. Ramirez herself contacted former Yale classmates asking if they recalled the incident and told some of them that she could not be certain Mr. Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself.

Ramirez went public in a Sunday New Yorker article with the accusation that Kavanaugh, then a freshman at Yale, thrust his penis in her face while playing a drinking game. The article does not include any eyewitness accounts and several of Kavanaugh’s college friends and roommates disputed the claim in a statement."
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:35 AM   #127
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I believe she questioned his application of the facts in cases she's very familiar with and questions his credibility because of that. .
So how has Kavanaugh decided any cases, in a way which makes it more likely, that he is a violent pervert? I'm all ears...
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:34 AM   #128
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I believe she questioned his application of the facts in cases she's very familiar with and questions his credibility because of that. This makes her an "enemy of the people?" That's some standard.
I believe you believe what you wrote, because I believe you can talk yourself into believing pretty much anything that the Democrats go along with.
She should be called out for the extremist she is, oh and also have her head examined.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com