Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
Fly Rod

Mastermind

Is the President giving rights to the terroist that had masterminded 9/11 by having him and four others tried in an American court instead of a military tribrunal court of which they would gladly plead guilty too.

Will they try to make a mockery of the American judicial system which already is a laugh when trying Americans for crimes?

The words that they use when speaking in front of cameras may entice people of the muslim community to take up a Jihad such as the case of the Muslim Jihadist Terrorist, murderer of American military personal on our own soil under Obama's watch..

JD, you got me to use that word that you prefer to call him. You must have baited me to use that word. I will have to research past blogs to see how you managed to make me use that word.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Is the President giving rights to the terroist that had masterminded 9/11 by having him and four others tried in an American court instead of a military tribrunal court of which they would gladly plead guilty too.

Will they try to make a mockery of the American judicial system which already is a laugh when trying Americans for crimes?

The words that they use when speaking in front of cameras may entice people of the muslim community to take up a Jihad such as the case of the Muslim Jihadist Terrorist, murderer of American military personal on our own soil under Obama's watch..

JD, you got me to use that word that you prefer to call him. You must have baited me to use that word. I will have to research past blogs to see how you managed to make me use that word.
It's funny. In listening to your "rile the Right" commentators (as I refuse to believe you came up with this topic on your own), did they mention how much of a giant cluster *uck the military tribunals were when Bush tried to order them? There are huge gaping jurisdictional issues and people tried in a tribunal have a better chance of not seeing a day in court, as opposed to if they are tried in a federal court. There are multiple lawsuits going on at the moment over the legality of trying people in Guantanamo by tribunal.

Did you do any investigation into this issue, or were you just listening to the radio on the way into work and was like "yeah, that Obama pisses me off and helping terrorists"?

You guys are really reaching.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
Fly Rod

JD, I do not drive into work. I would get a headache if I had to drive to work. You assume to much.

You still do not believe he is a terrorist? I do not try to rile feathers.

When I am in my vechicle I listen to WBZ they do not say to much they are a liberal news network and they do not want to rile the administratration.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #4
buckman

No good can come of this. At the very least it should be done after the war. Their lawyers will ask for everything from water boarding to intell reports. This is beyond stupid. I wonder what other motives the Administration could have?
Old 11-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
It's funny. In listening to your "rile the Right" commentators (as I refuse to believe you came up with this topic on your own), did they mention how much of a giant cluster *uck the military tribunals were when Bush tried to order them? There are huge gaping jurisdictional issues and people tried in a tribunal have a better chance of not seeing a day in court, as opposed to if they are tried in a federal court. There are multiple lawsuits going on at the moment over the legality of trying people in Guantanamo by tribunal.

Did you do any investigation into this issue, or were you just listening to the radio on the way into work and was like "yeah, that Obama pisses me off and helping terrorists"?

You guys are really reaching.

dude...you are Archie Bunker...lash out at anyone that "don't think like yous' "...from your bark-o-lounger...everyone is an "ignorameous" except for yous' .....
Old 11-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #6
JohnnyD

Quote:

Feds move to seize 4 mosques, tower linked to Iran
Feds move to seize 4 mosques, tower linked to Iran - Yahoo! News

Yeah, the current administration has some secret agenda to shield Muslims from the rest of our society. Good thing they keep walking on eggshells as not to offend the Islamic community.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
buckman

Quote:
Feds move to seize 4 mosques, tower linked to Iran
Feds move to seize 4 mosques, tower linked to Iran - Yahoo! News

Yeah, the current administration has some secret agenda to shield Muslims from the rest of our society. Good thing they keep walking on eggshells as not to offend the Islamic community.
I'm sure this is at odds with what the Sec. of State had planned. This isn't going to help with the diplomacy route. However, that was never going to work anyways so score one for common sense
Old 11-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #8
spence

I had to search long and hard, about 6 seconds at least, using obscure tools like the Google, to determine that the cases will be tried under the Military Commissions process established under President Bush.

-spence
Old 11-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #9
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I had to search long and hard, about 6 seconds at least, using obscure tools like the Google, to determine that the cases will be tried under the Military Commissions process established under President Bush.

-spence
From what I understand is the trial is to be held in civilian court. Are you tring to say this is Bush's idea Spence? They never would step foot on American soil let alone NY, if Bush had his way. Nice try.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
From what I understand is the trial is to be held in civilian court. Are you tring to say this is Bush's idea Spence? They never would step foot on American soil let alone NY, if Bush had his way. Nice try.
Nice try? How about you try the Google...

-spence
Old 11-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #11
buckman

Quote:
Nice try? How about you try the Google...

-spence
Not sure what your point is but the trials are being held in Fed. Court just blocks from Ground Zero.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
Not sure what your point is but the trials are being held in Fed. Court just blocks from Ground Zero.
Ahhh, it looks like the news story I was reading had mixed the cases...I can't find it anymore, go figure...

But it also looks like we've convicted nearly 200 terrorists in US Federal court, so what's the problem?

Do you believe in due process? Either these guys are terrorists or they are not.

Do you think it's ethical to hold them indefinately and probably submit them to some torture along the way, if we don't as a nation, who says we follow the rule of law, believe they don't stand the test of our own courts?

If so, what do you believe in?

-spence
Old 11-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #13
Fly Rod

Spence, I googled Flyrod and I haven't come up on any of the five pages, go figure.

Ya! Ya! Spence your getting like JB have to google to get your answers
Old 11-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #14
buckman

Quote:
Ahhh, it looks like the news story I was reading had mixed the cases...I can't find it anymore, go figure...

NO, YOU CONFUSED YOUR GOOGLES AND ARE WRONG

But it also looks like we've convicted nearly 200 terrorists in US Federal court, so what's the problem?

THE PROBLEM IS IT WILL BE A CIRCUS AND IS POINTLESS, DANGEROUS AND STUPID

Do you believe in due process? Either these guys are terrorists or they are not.

THEY ARE
Do you think it's ethical to hold them indefinately and probably submit them to some torture along the way, if we don't as a nation, who says we follow the rule of law, believe they don't stand the test of our own courts?

IF THEY ARE FOUND NOT GUILTY DO YOU THINK THEY ARE WALKING FREE?
If so, what do you believe in?

-spence

I believe that our civil court system is the wrong way of doling out justice to terrorist. Can you imagine coming up with an untainted jury pool of peers in of all places NYC.
You are giving the "masterminds" of the worst attack on the US since Pearl Harbor the open forumn to tell the world why they did it. They don't deserve that and the police, firefighters and people who suffered from 9/11 don't deserve that.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #15
spence

Quote:
I believe that our civil court system is the wrong way of doling out justice to terrorist. Can you imagine coming up with an untainted jury pool of peers in of all places NYC.
You are giving the "masterminds" of the worst attack on the US since Pearl Harbor the open forumn to tell the world why they did it. They don't deserve that and the police, firefighters and people who suffered from 9/11 don't deserve that.
Then what is justice?

Do we follow the rule of law or not?

There are serious implications here.

-spence
Old 11-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #16
buckman

Quote:
Then what is justice?

Do we follow the rule of law or not?

There are serious implications here.

-spence
No, we use a military tribunal. That still follows the rule of law. Answer me this.....Why NY? Why now? Convince me. You voted for this guy knowing what he stood for. Closing Gitmo was a main campaign pledge. This is something he said he would do.
On second thought, nothing you say will convince me this is a good idea. Don't bother.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #17
Fly Rod

I'm taking a time out for cookies and milk.

Sorry!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #18
spence

Quote:
No, we use a military tribunal. That still follows the rule of law.
Not according to the Supreme Court.

Think of it this way. GITMO was put in place by the "US Government" and from what I read the people detained there are not covered under any other jursidiction....

How could they not be covered under Federal laws?

-spence
Old 11-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #19
JohnnyD

Quote:
Spence, I googled Flyrod and I haven't come up on any of the five pages, go figure.

Ya! Ya! Spence your getting like JB have to google to get your answers
I'm assuming JB, is suppose to be JD.

I don't google in order to get my answers. I google to show support for my response. There's a difference between reading some website then copy/pasting it over here and saying "hey look at this! I agree with this!", and making a point then supporting it.

Strange thing though, my posts tend to be fact based, as opposed to subjective ramblings.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:45 PM   #20
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

-spence
You didn't imagine it....I read the same article earlier.

was 4 going to NY for trial and 4-6 (can't remember exactly) facing a Military tribunal.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-13-2009, 11:03 PM   #21
scottw

I wonder if these terrorists were read their Miranda rights? and I wonder how much evidence collected during their illegal and unjust detention will be admissable in court? Not to worry though, with an Attorney General with a history of terrorist pardons and a President whose best friend back in Chicago was a terrorist, we practically have terrorist experts on the job overseeing this whole operation...should be quite a spectacle...are these guys REALLY even terrorists or did they just "CRACK" and assist in the commission mass murder? maybe they were on Ambien?...and how do we even really know what their motivation was?.....they might make great college professors....
Old 11-13-2009, 11:49 PM   #22
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
are these guys REALLY even terrorists or did they just "CRACK" and assist in the commission mass murder? maybe they were on Ambien?...and how do we even really know what their motivation was?.....they might make great college professors....
Even you know that this is a ridiculous comment and these terrorists have no relation to the incident last week.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:00 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:
Even you know that this is a ridiculous comment and these terrorists have no relation to the incident last week.
none?

Hasan, the sole suspect in the massacre of 13 fellow US soldiers in Texas, attended the controversial Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Great Falls, Virginia, in 2001 at the same time as two of the September 11 terrorists, The Sunday Telegraph has learnt. probably just coincidence

oh, I can see it now ..the Obama defense.....you can't say that just because he hangs out with other anti- American radicals and terrorists and goes to a church with a radical leader spewing hate ...that he might himself be radical, it just makes him open-minded....why, that guy preaching might actually have a valid point...

Last edited by scottw; 11-14-2009 at 12:09 AM..
Old 11-14-2009, 12:09 AM   #24
JohnnyD

Quote:
none?

Hasan, the sole suspect in the massacre of 13 fellow US soldiers in Texas, attended the controversial Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Great Falls, Virginia, in 2001 at the same time as two of the September 11 terrorists, The Sunday Telegraph has learnt.
Well, if the brits say it is so, it must be. Bring out the pitchforks and torches.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:17 AM   #25
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
You didn't imagine it....I read the same article earlier.

was 4 going to NY for trial and 4-6 (can't remember exactly) facing a Military tribunal.
Try Fox news from now on
Old 11-14-2009, 12:23 AM   #26
JohnnyD

Quote:
Try Fox news from now on
That's just a crapshoot between getting fabricated news or not.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:28 AM   #27
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Try Fox news from now on
I Tried...but after I watched it I felt the need for a Shower....scrubbed for an hour and just never felt clean

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-14-2009, 05:02 AM   #28
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I Tried...but after I watched it I felt the need for a Shower....scrubbed for an hour and just never felt clean
No worries Kevin. For the trial you can tune in to any of the big three...... Alkazeer, Sead. Alkaze, Hachidak

" We interupt this beheading to bring you the latest on the evil Bush's torture and mistreatment of our freedom fighters. Live from NY"

This won't be far from what happens. I'm sure the news org. that brought you the decapitation of Pearl will have a front row seat. How else do we show the world how good we really are.

Effffin pathetic

I'm heading north to kill something. see you in a week.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:48 AM   #29
spence

Quote:
none?

Hasan, the sole suspect in the massacre of 13 fellow US soldiers in Texas, attended the controversial Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Great Falls, Virginia, in 2001 at the same time as two of the September 11 terrorists, The Sunday Telegraph has learnt. probably just coincidence
According to that article he was at the mosque for the funeral of his mother, around the same time two 9/11 hijackers were thought to have been there.

This is a long stretch to say Hasan was out for coffee with them.

Quite possible the local imam, known to be a radical, helped to pollute his thinking.

-spence
Old 11-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #30
Fly Rod

Johnny, sorry about the B instead of D

I must have been intoxicated from the calcium in the milk. I'll only have a half glass the next time, it couldn't have been the cranberries in the cookies.