Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-12-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
spence

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

October 2007.

-spence
Old 09-12-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
eastendlu

HAHAHA that was funny.Thanks Spence

Originally Posted by Flaptail
"Throw plugs like we do that will cause them to suffer humility. Pogies make any fisherman look good when bass are around. Bait is easy."
Old 09-12-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
Nebe

oh snap.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #4
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

worth a chuckle but still not as good as Biden reaffirming that Obama is not ready for the presidency.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 09-12-2008, 12:50 PM   #5
Bronko

While we are giggling....

http://en.fooooo.com/watch.php?id=a2...d1ea2&type=rss

....pesky wheelchairs.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 09-12-2008, 01:20 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko View Post
While we are giggling....

http://en.fooooo.com/watch.php?id=a2...d1ea2&type=rss

....pesky wheelchairs.
An embarrasing slip, but really not that substantial and you've got to give Biden credit for his instant recovery

-spence
Old 09-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #7
Nebe

THis country has ADD... everyone needs to stop paying attention to this crap and focus on what McCain and Obama are campaining on.. what are they going to do for US??????? all the rest is bullsh!t.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:25 PM   #8
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
THis country has ADD... everyone needs to stop paying attention to this crap and focus on what McCain and Obama are campaining on.. what are they going to do for US??????? all the rest is bullsh!t.
I dont need them to do a damn thing for me. Thats the problem Neb, thats what I hate the most! What will they do for us?

Old 09-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #9
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

October 2007.

-spence
Thanks for posting that, Spence. I'm pretty sure that this is the first time that a politician running for office has ever flip-flopped.

Seriously, these guy's (and gals) say whatever is going to make them look good for the situation they're in.

And by bringing up experience in the debate, wasn't the comment directed at a potential Presidential candidate, not a VP candidate? I may be competely off base here, but Palin is not running for President is she? She would be under McCain, who has a little bit of experience under his belt.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #10
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Gallup Poll: GOP Soars Over Democrats

Friday, September 12, 2008 1:41 PM

The Democrats’ lead over Republicans in this fall’s congressional races has dwindled and they are now in a statistical dead heat with Republicans, a new USA Today/Gallup poll reveals.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHH, Rove! rednecks! Evangelicals! Fear mongering! ITS ALLLL THERE FAULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
And by bringing up experience in the debate, wasn't the comment directed at a potential Presidential candidate, not a VP candidate? I may be competely off base here, but Palin is not running for President is she? She would be under McCain, who has a little bit of experience under his belt.
I would think any VP pick should be qualified to be president considering you could get a promotion at any moment.

-spence
Old 09-12-2008, 03:38 PM   #12
fishbones

Quote:
I would think any VP pick should be qualified to be president considering you could get a promotion at any moment.

-spence
In that case, shouldn't they just have the VP candidates debate the Presidential candidates? Or maybe they could just elect Co-Pesidents. Or the President can get a "C" on their jersey and the VP gets an "A".
As we all know, the VP is not looked at as a potential Presidential candidate even thought they are next in line for the Office.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
In that case, shouldn't they just have the VP candidates debate the Presidential candidates? Or maybe they could just elect Co-Pesidents. Or the President can get a "C" on their jersey and the VP gets an "A".
As we all know, the VP is not looked at as a potential Presidential candidate even thought they are next in line for the Office.
I don't think the VP candidate is held to the same standards, but clearly their ability to be President is taken into account.

-spence
Old 09-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #14
buckman

I just heard part of a speach by Obama and he said that he would lower taxes for everyone. EVERYONE. and they would be lower then they were in the 90'S.

And then I heard a speach by Biden where he said Hillary would have been a better pick then he was for VP.

Interesting stuff
Old 09-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #15
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I just heard part of a speach by Obama and he said that he would lower taxes for everyone. EVERYONE. and they would be lower then they were in the 90'S.

And then I heard a speach by Biden where he said Hillary would have been a better pick then he was for VP.

Interesting stuff
Obama is looking to lower taxes for the bottom 95% and jacking them for the top 5%.

The Biden comment on Hillary is pretty nothing. He was just trying to show her some respect. The liberal media is brutal...

-spence
Old 09-12-2008, 05:35 PM   #16
buckman

Really? I thought everyone(which he restates in the speach) meant everyone.

Spence, You sound a alot like a Obama spokes person. Don't tell me what he meant to say. I heard it with my own ears.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:02 PM   #17
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Really? I thought everyone(which he restates in the speach) meant everyone.

Spence, You sound a alot like a Obama spokes person. Don't tell me what he meant to say. I heard it with my own ears.
Got source? I'm just saying what I've heard.

-spence
Old 09-12-2008, 06:21 PM   #18
buckman

Liberal fact check... click here

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video0...com/yourworld/

Click on realisic expectations? Obama picture

You people do know that under Bush the top 5% are paying a larger portion of the tax burden then they did under Clinton. That should put a smile on your face.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #19
JoeP

Boy Spence you've really drunk their coolaid...You've been "Olberman-ized".

Interesting you hightlight a video of McCain saying he's more qualified to be President than a short-time mayor & short-time governor, insinuating that he believes he's more qualified than Sarah Palin. I sure as hell hope McCain thinks he's more qualified than her since he's running for President and she's running for Vice President. Nothing in that video however insinuates that he believes Palin is not at all qualified - just less than him. Major difference...

However, very funny you seem to ignore the video of Obama himself a couple years ago overtly stating that he was not qualified to run for President and wouldn't until qualified...which qualification has certainly not changed in a couple of years of him being an essentially absent Senator. You and the media want to ignore that video. Even more funny is Obama's recent explanation that what makes him more qualified to be President than Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin is that he has run his own Presidential campaign for 18 months... OOOOh that's a good one - there's some good presidential experience - almost as good as being a "community organizer" ...sign me up.

Very simply, the Dems are desperate and on the run...
Old 09-13-2008, 07:27 AM   #20
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Boy Spence you've really drunk their coolaid...You've been "Olberman-ized".
Keith can be quite annoying. I'm no big fan...
Quote:
Interesting you hightlight a video of McCain saying he's more qualified to be President than a short-time mayor & short-time governor, insinuating that he believes he's more qualified than Sarah Palin. I sure as hell hope McCain thinks he's more qualified than her since he's running for President and she's running for Vice President. Nothing in that video however insinuates that he believes Palin is not at all qualified - just less than him. Major difference...
The remark is ironic because he's asserting that a Palinesque level of experience is unacceptable, not simply that he has more. It's a pre-Palin comment by the way.

Quote:
However, very funny you seem to ignore the video of Obama himself a couple years ago overtly stating that he was not qualified to run for President and wouldn't until qualified...which qualification has certainly not changed in a couple of years of him being an essentially absent Senator. You and the media want to ignore that video. Even more funny is Obama's recent explanation that what makes him more qualified to be President than Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin is that he has run his own Presidential campaign for 18 months... OOOOh that's a good one - there's some good presidential experience - almost as good as being a "community organizer" ...sign me up.

Very simply, the Dems are desperate and on the run...
How can I ignore a video I've never heard of?

And yes, snidely mock the "community organizer" while you probably snicker about the liberal "elite". It's pretty cude when Rudy and Sarah do it...

-spence
Old 09-13-2008, 08:58 AM   #21
JoeP

Spence-

I was serious about the content of my post but was just kidding with you personally...

And yes I'm aware McCain's comment was from a Romney debate but you missed my point. I don't find the irony very meaningful when you consider what I said.

And you made my point about the Obama videos and statements about his experience - you have to really dig in this media-storm to find the substantive anti-Obama stuff - but it's there in his own words.

I honestly find the entire Presidential "experience/preparedness" argument towards both sides very overblown - because when you think about it & look back at past Presidents not many had a whole lot more of Presidential-type experience (except former Vice Presidents which is not an issue with Obama or McCain) - but I'm sick of everyone attacking Vice Presidential candidate Palin's lack of alleged preparedness while ignoring Presidential candidate Obama's lack of preparedness...
Old 09-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #22
spence

Quote:
Spence-

I was serious about the content of my post but was just kidding with you personally...
Don't worry, I don't hold most of what you write in high regard

Quote:
And yes I'm aware McCain's comment was from a Romney debate but you missed my point. I don't find the irony very meaningful when you consider what I said.
I didn't find what you said very meaningful. Re: my comments...

Quote:
And you made my point about the Obama videos and statements about his experience - you have to really dig in this media-storm to find the substantive anti-Obama stuff - but it's there in his own words.
I would myself pretty well "informed" on all sides and I've never heard of it. If you've got a source please post...

Quote:
I honestly find the entire Presidential "experience/preparedness" argument towards both sides very overblown - because when you think about it & look back at past Presidents not many had a whole lot more of Presidential-type experience (except former Vice Presidents which is not an issue with Obama or McCain) - but I'm sick of everyone attacking Vice Presidential candidate Palin's lack of alleged preparedness while ignoring Presidential candidate Obama's lack of preparedness...
I think the notion that there's some set bar is not realistic. That being said, there's a level of mental prepardness to go along with the knowledge and judgement that are all important.

In this regard I think Obama, McCain and Biden are all in a different class than Palin. I simply don't think she has the experience to demonstrate the kind of diplomatic presence necessary to do the job. I find the fact that they're sheltering her from the media to be quite telling...perhaps she's just a paper tiger.

-spence
Old 09-13-2008, 09:48 AM   #23
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

You are so right............

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 09-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #24
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
An embarrasing slip, but really not that substantial and you've got to give Biden credit for his instant recovery

-spence
He should have been more embarrassed by having to look at the cheat sheet for the guy's name, stumbling over it, and then referring to him as "pal" and "buddy" after the gaffe

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:10 PM   #25
JoeP

Quote:
Don't worry, I don't hold most of what you write in high regard

No problem - I consider the stuff you spew here even less meaningful... Just that it's too annoying not to respond to sometimes...

Dig deep - you'll find the video - even on CNN... Try youtube. While you're at it check his gems from his debate with Alan Keyes...
Old 09-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #26
spence

Quote:
Dig deep - you'll find the video - even on CNN... Try youtube. While you're at it check his gems from his debate with Alan Keyes...
I did find and watch the video. Seems like Obama is making a very open and genuine remark. At the time he appears to have been focused on the job of Senator and didn't have his mind around what it might take to be a US President.

This is precisely one of my issues with Palin. I don't think 5 months is enough time to be mentally prepared for a job you may have to take on a moment's notice. While I wouldn't say that Obama is has a perfect resume, I think he's clearly passed this milestone, which in my mind makes him much more qualified for the job.

I'd still rather have Joe Biden though, gaffes and all

-spence
Old 09-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #27
JoeP

Quote:
While I wouldn't say that Obama is has a perfect resume, I think he's clearly passed this milestone, which in my mind makes him much more qualified for the job.

-spence
While I don't agree with your opinion about Palin, I'd hope you were right since he is running for President and she is only going to be Vice President. That point gets lost in all these arguments.

By the way - I knew you'd spin that video towards the Democratic point of view...but your spin fails.