Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-02-2017, 09:20 AM   #1
spence

Flynn

Duh duh dummmmmmmm.....
Old 12-02-2017, 07:53 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Duh duh dummmmmmmm.....
He has reportedly plead to lying to FBI. Still nothing that confirms collusion.

I want this investigation confirmed one way or the other, legit, least amount of politics as possible.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-02-2017, 08:08 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I can't wait for this to be finalized, it's so painful to watch all this posturing.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:21 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
He has reportedly plead to lying to FBI. Still nothing that confirms collusion.

I want this investigation confirmed one way or the other, legit, least amount of politics as possible.
You know better than this.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-03-2017, 05:24 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

this is entirely the result of Obama/Clinton politicization of the FBI
Old 12-03-2017, 09:17 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is entirely the result of Obama/Clinton politicization of the FBI

No... it has everything to do with Flynn lying to the FBI and the administration claiming no one spoke to the Russians

But Trump supports are so loyal it wont matter truth has never mattered
Old 12-04-2017, 07:00 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

But Trump supports are so loyal it wont matter truth has never mattered
and just to reiterate...I don't like Trump...don't think many here do ....that does not make the democrat habit of use of government through any means necessary to maintain and promote their agenda any less despicable... I judge Trump on a level playing field of rules the democrats themselves have established....hopefully, post-Trump there will be a rekindling of spirit and respect for the laws and tradition that keep all parties in check...that is lost for now as the end justifies the means clearly rules the day....

now on to obstruction...did you get the memo in your inbox yet?
Old 12-04-2017, 08:47 AM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
and just to reiterate...I don't like Trump...don't think many here do ....that does not make the democrat habit of use of government through any means necessary to maintain and promote their agenda any less despicable... I judge Trump on a level playing field of rules the democrats themselves have established....hopefully, post-Trump there will be a rekindling of spirit and respect for the laws and tradition that keep all parties in check...that is lost for now as the end justifies the means clearly rules the day....

now on to obstruction...did you get the memo in your inbox yet?
you as well as other appear that there is no collusion.. but the case is on going 2 guilty pleas and counting and as for obstruction he is tweeting his way right into that one .. or is that another false possibility ...
Old 12-04-2017, 09:00 AM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
You know better than this.
No Spence, I do know better and I suspect several different avenues are possible and I want a proper investigation to get to the core truths.

You know how I feel WRT Russian Interference / Influence in the election, they did it and it was an operation that paid off their investment (and O should have hampered it but the effectiveness of a sternly worded letter dot dot dot) . This is what Russians do, the Soviets did (to the benefit of Dem party for decades) and what the Czars did before them (something a barely competent Secretary of State would know).

I do not think they "Hacked" the election tampering with voting machines. The Dems still effed up running Hillary who beat - or stole - from Marty from MD, The Missing Link, and a Commie. That is what cost the middle.

I believe DJT has more shadiness with RUS than what is confirmed and I also believe the Russians actively sprinkle false breadcrumbs for people to chase in addition to legit stuff. The Steele Dossier is parts truth and half truth mixed with pure make believe - which is far more effective at polluting the political environment than an all true document.

But I do not see a post-election transition team discussing things with the RUS as colluding. We do not have verifiable proof the DJT "colluded" with RUS to rig election or hack influence (like Wikileaks). The Mueller investigation has not provided proof that there was collusion.

Quote:
To some, Clinton's improper use of private email is the same thing as colluding with the enemy to undermine your own government.
There ya go again with a little misdirection, and those some would be wrong. There is a difference between collusion (actively working with) and being numb nuts effing stupid with massive doses of hubris and political privilege placing significant amounts of data on unmanaged and unsecured servers for other nations' competent intelligence services to pluck from.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-02-2017, 10:05 PM   #10
Sea Dangles

Where is the outrage?
Old 12-03-2017, 09:22 AM   #11
Sea Dangles

I love the feigned outrage from the left. A selective group with short memories I would say.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I love the feigned outrage from the left. A selective group with short memories I would say.

what selective group memories are you suggesting ?

no outrage.. just living in the present along with the facts as they appear ... and waiting to see the next shoe to drop
Old 12-03-2017, 10:16 AM   #13
spence

Quote:
what selective group memories are you suggesting ?
To some, Clinton's improper use of private email is the same thing as colluding with the enemy to undermine your own government.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:24 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:

colluding with the enemy to undermine your own government.
pretty big stretch there...you've been overly dramatic lately
Old 12-03-2017, 10:37 AM   #15
spence

Quote:
pretty big stretch there...you've been overly dramatic lately
Seems like you have two examples already proven. Will be interesting to see how many more come to light.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:18 AM   #16
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Define enemy

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-03-2017, 11:28 AM   #17
scottw

I just listened to a former democrat congressman explain that there has been no collusion demonstrated...there is not likely to be any collusion demonstrated and that his hope and expectation was that Trump, going forward would do something that could be construed as obstruction of justice, reminding us of 1972, and then they could nail him....this is just sad
Old 12-03-2017, 09:26 AM   #18
Duke41
got gas?

Mike Flynn could be the new Ollie North.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:27 AM   #19
PaulS

So Trump fired Flynn because he lied to the FBI then fired Comey for investigating that lie?
Old 12-03-2017, 10:31 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So Trump fired Flynn because he lied to the FBI then fired Comey for investigating that lie?
I think Comey went away for incompetence...that seemed to be the bi-partisan review of his job performance...Flynn went away for optics, sounds like he's pleading guilty to a speeding ticket which is funny considering the bluster
Old 12-03-2017, 10:40 AM   #21
spence

Quote:
I think Comey went away for incompetence...that seemed to be the bi-partisan review of his job performance...Flynn went away for optics, sounds like he's pleading guilty to a speeding ticket which is funny considering the bluster
0 for 3.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
0 for 3.
Prominent liberals and conservatives states comet wasn’t up to the job. He was right on that.

If you didn’t want an investigation of Hilary, or looked for every conceivablenreason to giver her a pass, then unless you do the same with Flynn, there’s some hypocrisy there.

I wanted Hilary investigated, I want Flynn investigated. We need people with better ethical standards, we really do, and that applies to both sides.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:21 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Let’s all watch ABC to get the straight scoop on what’s happening with this story.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:13 AM   #24
scottw

typical democrats..there should be an investigation of democrat criminal hackery ..talk about "collusion"

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/by...rticle/2642434

The documents outlining Michael Flynn's guilty plea in the Trump-Russia investigation do not allege collusion or conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia to influence the 2016 election. They do, however, suggest that the Obama Justice Department was intensely interested in Flynn's discussions with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak about policy issues — sanctions against Russia, a United Nations resolution on Israel — during the presidential transition, when Barack Obama was still in the White House and Donald Trump was preparing to take office.

At the time, top Justice officials suspected Flynn of violating the Logan Act, the 218-year-old law under which no one has ever been prosecuted.

In short, there's no doubt the Logan Act, a law dismissed as a joke or an archaic irrelevancy or simply unconstitutional by many legal experts, played a central role in the Obama administration's aggressive and enormously consequential investigation of its successor.

Democrats began accusing Trump of Logan Act violations in the summer of 2016, immediately after the Republican convention.

There wasn't much public discussion of the Logan Act in October and November, as the campaign reached its final weeks and the political world dealt with the shock of Trump's victory. The subject re-emerged in December as Democrats, stunned and angry, watched Trump prepare for the presidency — and prepare to undo many of Obama's policies.

On Dec. 8, Democratic Rep. Jared Huffman introduced the "One President at a Time Act of 2016." The bill would have amended the Logan Act to specify that a president-elect, or anyone acting on a president-elect's behalf, was specifically subject to its restrictions.

On Dec. 20, Reps. Conyers and Sheila Jackson Lee asked the Justice Department to investigate Trump for a possible violation of the Logan Act.

A critical moment came two weeks later, on Jan. 12, 2017, when the Washington Post's David Ignatius reported the Flynn-Kislyak calls. Ignatius said his source was a "senior U.S. government official." "What did Flynn say, and did it undercut the U.S. sanctions?" Ignatius asked. "The Logan Act (though never enforced) bars U.S. citizens from correspondence intending to influence a foreign government about 'disputes' with the United States."

It was a stunning leak; the existence and content of U.S. spy intercepts are highly, highly classified. But the Obama administration let the information out.

And by the way, when it finally came time to charge Flynn with a crime, did prosecutors, armed with the transcripts of those Flynn-Kislyak conversations, choose to charge him with violating the Logan Act? Of course not. But for the Obama team, the law had already served its purpose, months earlier, to entangle the new administration in a criminal investigation as soon as it walkedin the door of the White House.

Last edited by scottw; 12-04-2017 at 06:18 AM..
Old 12-04-2017, 08:48 AM   #25
wdmso

Quote:
typical democrats..there should be an investigation of democrat criminal hackery ..talk about "collusion"

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/by...rticle/2642434

The documents outlining Michael Flynn's guilty plea in the Trump-Russia investigation do not allege collusion or conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia to influence the 2016 election. They do, however, suggest that the Obama Justice Department was intensely interested in Flynn's discussions with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak about policy issues — sanctions against Russia, a United Nations resolution on Israel — during the presidential transition, when Barack Obama was still in the White House and Donald Trump was preparing to take office.

At the time, top Justice officials suspected Flynn of violating the Logan Act, the 218-year-old law under which no one has ever been prosecuted.

In short, there's no doubt the Logan Act, a law dismissed as a joke or an archaic irrelevancy or simply unconstitutional by many legal experts, played a central role in the Obama administration's aggressive and enormously consequential investigation of its successor.

Democrats began accusing Trump of Logan Act violations in the summer of 2016, immediately after the Republican convention.

There wasn't much public discussion of the Logan Act in October and November, as the campaign reached its final weeks and the political world dealt with the shock of Trump's victory. The subject re-emerged in December as Democrats, stunned and angry, watched Trump prepare for the presidency — and prepare to undo many of Obama's policies.

On Dec. 8, Democratic Rep. Jared Huffman introduced the "One President at a Time Act of 2016." The bill would have amended the Logan Act to specify that a president-elect, or anyone acting on a president-elect's behalf, was specifically subject to its restrictions.

On Dec. 20, Reps. Conyers and Sheila Jackson Lee asked the Justice Department to investigate Trump for a possible violation of the Logan Act.

A critical moment came two weeks later, on Jan. 12, 2017, when the Washington Post's David Ignatius reported the Flynn-Kislyak calls. Ignatius said his source was a "senior U.S. government official." "What did Flynn say, and did it undercut the U.S. sanctions?" Ignatius asked. "The Logan Act (though never enforced) bars U.S. citizens from correspondence intending to influence a foreign government about 'disputes' with the United States."

It was a stunning leak; the existence and content of U.S. spy intercepts are highly, highly classified. But the Obama administration let the information out.

And by the way, when it finally came time to charge Flynn with a crime, did prosecutors, armed with the transcripts of those Flynn-Kislyak conversations, choose to charge him with violating the Logan Act? Of course not. But for the Obama team, the law had already served its purpose, months earlier, to entangle the new administration in a criminal investigation as soon as it walkedin the door of the White House.

tin foil hats in fashion once again
Old 12-04-2017, 09:12 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Alan Dershowitz is a very liberal, very famous law professor at Harvard. To quote Spence, he says that the corruption investigation thus far, is a nothingburger.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/12/0...constitutional
Old 12-04-2017, 09:23 AM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Alan Dershowitz is a very liberal, very famous law professor at Harvard. To quote Spence, he says that the corruption investigation thus far, is a nothingburger.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/12/0...constitutional

Republicans spent $7m on 33 separate hearings over four years. They hope to find evidence that the Secretary of State at the time, Hillary Clinton, was in some way guilty of wrongdoing. knows she would be the nominee and found nothing .. and now theses same republicans are crying foul ... curious

but now they are upset with the current investigation
Old 12-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #28
scottw

Quote:

Republicans spent $7m on 33 separate hearings over four years.
sounds like a bargain by DC standards

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 12-04-2017 at 12:28 PM..
Old 12-04-2017, 10:02 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Republicans spent $7m on 33 separate hearings over four years. They hope to find evidence that the Secretary of State at the time, Hillary Clinton, was in some way guilty of wrongdoing. knows she would be the nominee and found nothing .. and now theses same republicans are crying foul ... curious

but now they are upset with the current investigation
I'm not upset that they are investigating Trump. But let's investigate thoroughly and fairly. I'm upset that some people who should know better, are acting as if there's evidence to suggest Trump is guilty. There isn't.

And Hilary was guilty of wrongdoing. She had highly classified emails on an unsecured server, and lied about it, and in true Clinton fashion, changed the precise verbiage of her story 85 times. When asked if she wiped the server, she mocked "you mean, like, with a cloth"? Hardy-har-har...
Old 12-04-2017, 11:54 AM   #30
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I'm not upset that they are investigating Trump. But let's investigate thoroughly and fairly. I'm upset that some people who should know better, are acting as if there's evidence to suggest Trump is guilty. There isn't.

And Hilary was guilty of wrongdoing. She had highly classified emails on an unsecured server, and lied about it, and in true Clinton fashion, changed the precise verbiage of her story 85 times. When asked if she wiped the server, she mocked "you mean, like, with a cloth"? Hardy-har-har...
There is an ongoing investigation if Trump colluded and your upset that people have a belief he is guilty (of something) yet you believe that Clinton guilty of wrongdoing even though the FBI said that while careless there is no evidence she intended to violate the law and that no reasonable prosecuter would charge her.

Aren't you in someways doing what your upset others are doing?