Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-10-2019, 02:46 PM   #31
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
It would be cheaper and a lot less headaches to give California to Mexico

The hatred of Trump is the whole problem with the issue and simple economics.
How would we be ever able to support all those states who vote Republican as they don't pay their own way? Simple economics means you don't spend $ when experts are telling you there are cheaper and more effective ways to accomplish something.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:52 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Mexico would gladly do that
California has 12% of our population, 16% of our GDP but you would add about 700 miles to the length of the USA Mexico border
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-10-2019, 02:53 PM   #33
Sea Dangles

Said the nitwit from the nutmeg state. Please take your logic to Mexico also,you can find a way to offset a history of good decision making. California will bail you out.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:57 PM   #34
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Said the nitwit from the nutmeg state. Please take your logic to Mexico also,you can find a way to offset a history of good decision making. California will bail you out.
Says the #^&#^&#^&#^& from who cares where.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:08 PM   #35
Sea Dangles

I am sure you know a #^&#^&#^&#^& when you see one Paul. Probably an expert on #^&#^&#^&#^&s.🤡
Old 01-10-2019, 03:13 PM   #36
PaulS

Quote:
I am sure you know a #^&#^&#^&#^& when you see one Paul. Probably an expert on #^&#^&#^&#^&s.��
Good one! Really using those few brain cells now!
Old 01-10-2019, 03:34 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Where were those walls built under those acts?
they weren’t, i don’t think. regardless, as recently as 2013, the democrats were in favor of barriers. Now that Trump is potus, pelosi says they are immoral. and a 13th century solution to a 21st century problem.

in what century did 2006 and 2013 take place?
Old 01-10-2019, 03:43 PM   #38
spence

Quote:
Where were those walls built under those acts?
They weren't because it never happened. 2006 was a bi-partisan bill that expanded fencing where it was needed, 2013 was another bi-partisan bill that had some money to study and improve fencing based on analysis, dramatically expand the number of border agents and provide some immigration reform but was killed by the GOP.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:46 PM   #39
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
they weren’t, i don’t think. regardless, as recently as 2013, the democrats were in favor of barriers. Now that Trump is potus, pelosi says they are immoral. and a 13th century solution to a 21st century problem.

in what century did 2006 and 2013 take place?
In 2006, at the time it was passed, George W. Bush's White House touted the fence as "an important step toward immigration reform."[1] The White House Office of the Press Secretary stated that the Act "Authorizes the construction of hundreds of miles of additional fencing along our Southern border; Authorizes more vehicle barriers, checkpoints, and lighting to help prevent people from entering our country illegally; Authorizes the Department of Homeland Security to increase the use of advanced technology like cameras, satellites, and unmanned aerial vehicles to reinforce our infrastructure at the border."[1]

The original 2006 act provided for "at least two layers of reinforced fencing" to be built. However, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) successfully argued to Congress "that different border terrains required different types of fencing, that a one-size-fits-all approach across the entire border didn't make sense."[6]

An amendment introduced by Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, Republican of Texas, was passed, amending the law to read: "nothing in this paragraph shall require the Secretary of Homeland Security to install fencing, physical barriers, roads, lighting, cameras, and sensors in a particular location along an international border of the United States, if the Secretary determines that the use or placement of such resources is not the most appropriate means to achieve and maintain operational control over the international border at such location."[6]

I don't think they are immoral and she got a lot a crap for saying that. The walls under that act were put in the populous areas in Calif. - not the desert like where this wall will go.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:53 PM   #40
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
They weren't because it never happened. 2006 was a bi-partisan bill that expanded fencing where it was needed, 2013 was another bi-partisan bill that had some money to study and improve fencing based on analysis, dramatically expand the number of border agents and provide some immigration reform but was killed by the GOP.
I think there were 15 miles of fences built in the 90s in San Diego and this act expanded to like 625 miles.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:35 PM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
"2006 was a bi-partisan bill that expanded fencing where it was needed"

The 2006 act, according to factcheck.org, called for construction of 700 miles of fencing.

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/04/de...t-border-wall/

"2013 was another bi-partisan bill that had some money to study and improve fencing"

Washington Examiner says it was for 700 miles of fencing.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/2...hain-migration

So what's the difference (besides who POTUS is) between what the democrats voted for previously, and what Trump is proposing now? He's proposing a wall in sections, with other technologies obviously, and personnel.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:38 PM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
The walls under that act were put in the populous areas in Calif. - not the desert like where this wall will go.
Are the un-fenced areas, where people are currently crossing? If so, that's where the fence SHOULD go, right?

What percentage of illegal crossings at the southern border, do you suppose take place, where we currently have a barrier? Just take a guess...I have no clue what the number is, I'm just wondering your opinion.

Is Trump proposing to put wall sections where we know there aren't a large number of people crossing?
Old 01-10-2019, 06:06 PM   #43
PaulS

Quote:
Are the un-fenced areas, where people are currently crossing? If so, that's where the fence SHOULD go, right?

What percentage of illegal crossings at the southern border, do you suppose take place, where we currently have a barrier? Just take a guess...I have no clue what the number is, I'm just wondering your opinion.

Is Trump proposing to put wall sections where we know there aren't a large number of people crossing?
I've said all along if there is significant crossings in certain areas then they should fill it in with a wall or other things. The reason I am against this is it seems like it is a blanket put up the wall along the whole border when in certain areas it may not make sense or be necessary
Old 01-10-2019, 06:13 PM   #44
PaulS

And I feel that there's a certain element of racism in the Chant build the wall and what it means to some people.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:49 PM   #45
Sea Dangles

It really is not racist to keep your citizens safe. Am I racist for having a gun or locks on the door?
Old 01-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #46
detbuch

Quote:
And I feel that there's a certain element of racism in the Chant build the wall and what it means to some people.
Of course you do.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:29 PM   #47
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Please explain your prejudices that make you feel this way?

You put a wall around your property because you love the ones within it, not because you hate the ones outside it.

You and Wayne with your brown people insinuations can stick a sock in it.

What happened to empathy that the left whines about Trump not having any? Do you not care about the families of loved ones killed by criminals who are not supposed to even be in the country to begin with?

Pathetic all of it

You people can’t won’t and will not agree that a wall will help border agents do their job because you hate Trump. Well wallow in your own misery then
I’m the meantime I’ll donate to the go fund me maybe to get it done

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:41 PM   #48
detbuch

If Trump succeeds in getting wall funds by declaring a national emergency, will that mean he won't have to compromise on DACA?
Old 01-11-2019, 05:08 AM   #49
wdmso

Quote:

Thats every Trump supporters excuse it has noting to do with him or his policys (its The hatred of Trump is the whole problem)

Funny that excuse did not fly when used to defend the last POTUS..

and that administration was boring compared to this freak show
Old 01-11-2019, 05:17 AM   #50
wdmso

Quote:
Please explain your prejudices that make you feel this way?

You put a wall around your property because you love the ones within it, not because you hate the ones outside it.

You and Wayne with your brown people insinuations can stick a sock in it.

What happened to empathy that the left whines about Trump not having any? Do you not care about the families of loved ones killed by criminals who are not supposed to even be in the country to begin with?

Pathetic all of it

You people can’t won’t and will not agree that a wall will help border agents do their job because you hate Trump. Well wallow in your own misery then
I’m the meantime I’ll donate to the go fund me maybe to get it done
no this is whats Pathetic

they had both houses and couldn't get it done and guys like you were silent

Trumps has called Brown people a scourge on the country and guys like you remain silent (until Trumps called on it then you rush to defend him)

Prior to January the his party pass government spending bill 100 for
no against and says hell sign it until 2 un elected fring personality chime in and Trump changes his Mind ( and pence calls one to give him a hand job) guys like you remain silent

Whats really Pathetic is Trump waited until Dems took over the house and then went into classic blame game and all of a sudden guys like you are silent no more ....????

Again its funny to see how that works over and over and over
Old 01-11-2019, 05:29 AM   #51
wdmso

Quote:
"2006 was a bi-partisan bill that expanded fencing where it was needed"

The 2006 act, according to factcheck.org, called for construction of 700 miles of fencing.

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/04/de...t-border-wall/

"2013 was another bi-partisan bill that had some money to study and improve fencing"

Washington Examiner says it was for 700 miles of fencing.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/2...hain-migration

So what's the difference (besides who POTUS is) between what the democrats voted for previously, and what Trump is proposing now? He's proposing a wall in sections, with other technologies obviously, and personnel.

what part do you not understand...why couldn't he get it done when he had both houses ?????

He loses the House and like Magic its a crisis once the dems take over the house ????

you and others are contortionist.. every day a new argument to defend... facts aren't your friend the Timeline is not your friend 2 years prior to today is not your friend .... all those things together paint an entirely different picture of events ... and all of it painted with GOP paint
Old 01-11-2019, 08:33 AM   #52
PaulS

I am a Brown person.

I am also Spartacus.

I never said putting up a wall wouldn't help the agents do their job. So would putting up a row of roses with sharp thorns but there may be cheaper and more effective ways than just putting up a wall across the whole border. A wall won't help stop the drugs coming through the current border crossings.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #53
Slipknot
Super Moderator

The 2 years of it not getting done he also could not get McConnel to get the conceal carry reciprocity bill voted on by the senate. I was not silent about that either. He did however accomplish many things to better our country and I am grateful for that. The border security is now the flavor of the month and both sides get worked up about it.
Yep it is a blame game now apparently.
I never rushed to defend him from any twisted spin the left has claimed he said.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:09 AM   #54
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I guess Trump is considering taking money earmarked for disaster relief to build his wall, I’m sure we are all in agreement that money is better spend there?
Old 01-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #55
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I guess Trump is considering taking money earmarked for disaster relief to build his wall, I’m sure we are all in agreement that money is better spend there?
Is disaster relief defined as impeaching the mother#^&#^&#^&#^&er?? 👍👍
Old 01-11-2019, 11:32 AM   #56
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
How would we be ever able to support all those states who vote Republican as they don't pay their own way? Simple economics means you don't spend $ when experts are telling you there are cheaper and more effective ways to accomplish something.
cheaper and more effective to stop the flow of those cutting in line to suck on the government tete. If you want to spend our tax money allowing illegal immigrants to get healthcare and medicare or medicaid while citizens who worked their whole lives and paid into the system one day have a stroke and need to go into a facility but get told sell all your assets, raise all the funds to pay for it and then you can get your entitled benefit, that is what you choose to support. I do not. That is just one part of what I am talking about.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:57 AM   #57
spence

Quote:
cheaper and more effective to stop the flow of those cutting in line to suck on the government tete. If you want to spend our tax money allowing illegal immigrants to get healthcare and medicare or medicaid while citizens who worked their whole lives and paid into the system one day have a stroke and need to go into a facility but get told sell all your assets, raise all the funds to pay for it and then you can get your entitled benefit, that is what you choose to support. I do not. That is just one part of what I am talking about.
Posts like this are funny, none of this is true.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:06 PM   #58
Slipknot
Super Moderator

ya I know, fake news and all
people lie all the time yada yada yada

just admit that progressivism has no end, it goes after more and more and never ends

Old 01-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Which one? CT currently has a pair of nitwits in the senate, and more in the house. You must specify...
Old 01-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
Posts like this are funny, none of this is true.
How was that wrong? Just this week, the governors of CA and NY were on TV, promising free healthcare to illegals...